[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You all loved this scene when you first saw it You cheered in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
You all loved this scene when you first saw it
You cheered in the cinema

You loved the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon which featured Yoda kicking ass - and even today you dont complain about this.

But once you saw Reddit Letter Media you suddenly changed your view, like the sheep you are.
>>
>>64477912
Only children love that awful scene. If you're an adult and love that scene you should consider suicide.
>>
The excitement felt hollow and somehow false though, and RLM explained exactly why that was. Then we collectively realized we had been duped by hype and changed our views appropriately (though they were heading in that direction anyway).

I felt the same hollow excitement watching Episode VII, and I know a lot of other anons did too, but we know better now.
>>
>>64477912

>But once you saw Reddit Letter Media you suddenly changed your view, like the sheep you are.

You do know that some of us are pretty fucking old right?
>>
I've never made it through Attack of the Clones without falling asleep. Hated it far before RLM.
>>
>>64478096

show me someone complaining about Yoda fighting before RLM
>>
>>64478042

It's like we were desperate not be be disappointed, because whether we like to admit it or not, Star Wars has a huge emotional hold over our lives. We've invested too much of ourselves into it to look at it objectively, even the original trilogy.
>>
>>64477912
The entire theater laughed at him jumping around like a retard.
It was an abysmal scene, fanservice as bad as Anakin building C3PO
>>
what is yoda's race called? i need to know someone needs to tie down george lucas and demand it

and i still love that scene to this day nothing like a short little creature kicking ass
>>
>>64477912
RLM DOESN'T HAVE THAT MUCH PULL

THEY JUST MADE SOME GOOD POINTS IN A CLEAR AND INTERESTING MANNER
>>
would have been better if it was him solely using force powers, real wizard shit.
lightsabers seem more like what the knights use as a weapon, why would yoda use a sword and not full on force stuff?
>>
All this prequels vs TFA stuff is just viral marketing to keep us talking about these shitty movies.

Just like the Plaugueis threads, it's to involve EU readers. No one is really pathetic enough to care about this stuff.
>>
>>64477912
>you loved dumb shit back when you were 6 years old

No shit Sherlock
>>
>>64478232
this man has a point when i was six i liked pop music
>>
>>64477912
I felt fuck all at this scene though. Don't tell me how I feel about things you faggot.
>>
I agree OP. All these faggots let themselves be fooled into thinking the prequels were that bad when they actually weren't. If the prequels and the OT switched time periods, everyone would hate the OT. Also, absolutely. Everyone cheered like a mad man. Moreno than in any other movie I have been to. And by far more cheers than in TFA.
>>
the only reason everyone hates this scene is because in Empire yoda was this sage hermit force wizard

from that they then said WELL ALL YODA SHOULD BE USING IS MYSTICAL FORCE POWERS BECAUSE LOOK LOOK IN EMPIRE HE IS A SAGE HERMIT USING THE FORCE THIS LIGHTSABER SHIT IS BULLSHIT

even though the prequels gave you almost two fucking movies to establish that jedis use lightsabers as extensions of themselves to keep the peace (as bullshit as that was it's still the explanation) and in AotC they had just started an all out fucking war

it would have been fucking stupid if yoda DIDNT use a lightsaber based on everything we had seen up to that point

it makes sense he doesnt use a lightsaber on dagobah because he's in fucking exile alone and has no need for one, plus he lost it
>>
>>64478205
>would have been better if it was him solely using force powers, real wizard shit.
The same is true about Sheev.
Why the fuck would he use a jedi weapon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD-6B1S3qA
>>
>le RLM sheeple meme

Even the fucking Simpsons were mocking the prequels long before the Plinkett reviews.
>>
Honestly? I don't think Ep 3 was that bad

>implying I didn't HATE ep 2 in theatres, and ep 3 didn't seem leagues better in comparison

To this day, I still think it's the best of the new trilogy, and it's a decent movie at best, only slightly mediocre at worst.
>>
>>64478330
Wars not make one great
>>
>>64478341

Honestly I don't even care why, I loved seeing Sheev fight, but with Yoda there isn't any fun factor, just a green muppet bouncing about.
>>
>>64478427
>gets his ass kicked
>"lol war is lame anyways!"

Yoda is such a cuck
>>
>>64477912
I remember having to pretend to like it when I was in middle school because good luck having a differing opinion from the majority then. But I always thought it looked goofy and took away from the older reserved yoda we got in Empire, I know "tell don't show" goes against most rules of cinematic storytelling but I feel like yoda''s warrior days were something best left up to the personal imagination of the viewer, much like the gore of classic horror.
>>
>>64478471
The appeal of Sheev in RotJ was that he was an evil wizard, not a knight. He shot lightning from his hands and didn't need a lightsaber to fuck you up.
Then in RotS you have him fighting with a lightsaber like any other retard.
>>
>>64478570
>get rekt by based Sheev
>I must go into exile to Dagobah
>>
>>64477912
Great scene

anyone who doesn't like it is a meme pleb
>>
Only /tv/ wanted Yoda to stay the wise old hermit from Empire. Everyone else wanted Yoda to kick ass and since Star Wars is a normie movie, it happened. Now can we stop discussing this average albeit fun film series already?
>>
>>64478110
I fell asleep the only time I watched it, but I did wake up before that scene and did enjoy it. Film in general was complete shit though, and I've never seen the red letter media review.
>>
>>64477912
Actually no. I hated that scene. My friend thought it was so stupid he quite literally fell out of his seat laughing at it.
>>
>>64478034
>>64478042
>>64478096
>>64478125
>>64478232
Star Wars IS for children you losers. Fucking manchildren trying to look superior by mocking a movie for preteens not realizing how pathetic they are. Kill yourselves reddit faggots
>>
>>64478124
Me in real life leaving the cinema
>>
>>64478699
Same thing happened with Obi Wan, and now Luke apparently.
I guess the Jedi philosophy includes running away like a bitch when things don't go your way.
>>
>>64478989
Obi had the excuse of looking over Luke

IN MY HEADCANON TFA NEVER HAPPENED
>>
>>64477912
Yeah, RLM is the reason everyone hates the thing you like. It doesn't have anything to do with your shit taste.
>>
>>64477912
People in my theater were excited. And we all thought the Clones were men in suits. It's funny how different things are now.
>>
>>64478958
sh-shu-shut up!!

s-sst-sta-star wars is f-for everyone
>>
>>64479056
so then why is everyone but me meh about die antwoord when i love it?
>>
>>64478042
People generally do not understand why they like or dislike things.

In this case, you are fixated on the 'hollowness' of the prequels to inside you. And this has led you, like many others, to constantly probe the prequel films in search of this 'deep resonance'. (And then, to construct elaborate theories about its theft from you.)

Meanwhile, Yoda is kung-fu fighting Count Dracula, completely insensate to your misgivings. Yoda's just dancing away, and audiences love it. But you're all harrumphing that you can glean the necessary information from RLM.

You went so far as to read and watch lengthy, negative, reviews of a 'terrible' film to avoid the powerful imagery that made people laugh, and cringe, and cheer.

Surely you agree that that is unusual behavior.
>>
>>64478958
>Star Wars IS for children you losers.
>3 Hours of Tax Negotiations.

Okay, Lucas.
>>
I remember going with my dad as a kid to see the movie a week after it came out.

As soon as he started fighting we laughed our asses off, as well as half of the theater. I don't remember if we took it as a joke but we just thought how goofy he looked.
>>
>>64479156
>Meanwhile, Yoda is kung-fu fighting

"Great Warrior? <Shakes head> War not make one great."
- Yoda, "The Empire Strikes Back" 1980.
>>
>neckbeard manchildren all loved this scene when they first saw it
>neckbeard manchildren cheered in the cinema

Fixed
>>
>>64479085
He is right though. Star Wars is a children's movie. Which is why they cater to selling toys and shit. The only ones that tried to add some serious content were the prequels which had political disputes and showing Sheev trying to manipulate everyone. Because people "hated" the prequels (and by that I mean a very vocal minority since most normies that saw it thought it was your typical SW movie), they did away with the politics and now we have TFA which is purely a fun and wacky movie (despite it being borderline plagiarism and the worse SW in my opinion)
>>
>>64478330
The prequels simply put too much importance on lightsabers. They are inferior ceremonial weapons that jedi can get away with using. They have their use as intimidating legendary mythical swords, but the Force should have been the emphasized as the Jedis' strength.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad that Kylo got BTFO by Rey. A clear-minded girl, strong in the force overpowered a distracted fool drunk on his own power--and no amount fancy sword tricks could save him.
>>
no

stop projecting your shitty life
>>
File: grievous.png (223 KB, 1800x1332) Image search: [Google]
grievous.png
223 KB, 1800x1332
>>64479316
>clear minded blabla

Yes, a mary sue
>>
>>64477912
>I'm projecting
>>
>>64479260
Yoda's fight in 2 is rather blatantly played for comedy.

It's a bit less so in 3, but you have his opponent going Full Sheev - pelting him with desks while cackling. These are not 'serious' battles.
>>
>>64477912
>You all loved this scene when you first saw it

well I was 9 years old, so... yeah I did
>>
>>64477912
I hated it from the beggining.
It's not because you were an idiot that it means everyone was too.
>>
>>64477912
I love this post.

It surmises the typical prequel defend perfectly. Their arguments are purely based on nostalgia and include 0 logic.
>>
>>64479550
Hello reddit.
>>
>>64478656

At least in the prequels, for the most part he wasn't totally fucked up until his duel with Mace, so he was more reliant on a lightsaber until he was able to openly embrace the dark side.
>>
>>64479387
Haha, memes.
>>
>>64478110
The films really about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward
>>
>>64480711
AND DONT BE FALLING ASLEEP BEFORE ME OR YOU OR ANYBODY

COWARDS DO THAT

AND THAT

AINT

YOU
>>
The only kind of fight yoda could have an advantage in would be a battle by pure force.

He shouldn't have even been carrying a lightsaber.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-11-26-01h17m23s142.png (542 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-11-26-01h17m23s142.png
542 KB, 1024x576
>>64478958
AND I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS.
>>
>>64477912
could be because I was 9 in 2003 an kids are easily impresed
>>
even when I was a kid I thought it was cartoonish.
>>
>>64479309
I know it is

I was making fun of a stereotype. More kids should watch Star Wars prequels, they're much better than the brain dead capeshit out there
>>
>>64478125
This. This so much. I lied to myself that Revenge of the Sith was best film of the franchise for a while.
>>
>>64481008
Kek
>>
but I thought it was cheesy as fuck

giving yoda and palpatine lightsabers was a mistake
>>
>>64478958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_YozYt8l-g
>>
>>64484637
>children's movies can't have darkness in them!

look at this sheltered little nerd
>>
>>64477912
I still like to watch the scene, and disagreed with RLM on Yoda - he uses the force to move and to fight so it kind of nulls their argument of size.

however clones was a terrible movie and CGI fights dont hold up well IMO
Size matters not.
>>
File: C.S LEWIS.jpg (27 KB, 336x486) Image search: [Google]
C.S LEWIS.jpg
27 KB, 336x486
>>64478958

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
>>
>>64477912
i liked it when i saw it in theaters because i was a kid

when rots came out i was starting to become a lot less impressionable and i found myself laughing at the movie in the theater. i was shocked i was mocking something that i thought i would love.

then i went back and watched the 2 other prequel films i loved as a kid. i wish i wouldn't have done that.

at least the Plinkett reviews are cathartic.
>>
>>64477912
>But once you saw Reddit Letter Media
I'm so proud of myself because i have no idea of what you're talking about, the prequels suck that's undeniable
>>
>>64484857
>calling things childish is childish
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>64478398
That's what most of us think. III is pretty fun with Sheev running around ruining everyone's day.
>>
>>64477912
>You all loved this scene when you first saw it
>You cheered in the cinema
I want reddit to go
>>
>>64477912
I did but I was also a teenager back then and in my SW phase.

I liked a lot of dumb things when I was younger
>>
Nope.

No reason to ever think Yoda wouldnt use a lightsaber
>>
>>64477912
>You loved the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon which featured Yoda kicking ass - and even today you dont complain about this.
Well duh, it was literally the only good thing to come out of the prequels.
>>
It's irredeemable like the rest of the prequels. No amount of shitposting on this board will change that.
>>
>>64486022
Only a sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>64486150
YOU WILL TRY
>>
>>64477912
What's wrong with Yoda using a lightsaber? He was always considered the most powerful jedi, that presumably means he has the strongest force and lightsaber abilities. Also he hops around everywhere because he's a manlet and would be unable to reach his opponent otherwise.
>>
File: 1427447624840.jpg (29 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1427447624840.jpg
29 KB, 256x256
>>64477912
>you thought something was cool when you were a hormonal shitheaded teenager
>you don't now
In other breaking news, water is wet.
>>
>>64477912
the scene was the only redeeming factor in the movie only to be followed by the stupid decision for dooku to run off in his ship while yoda was struggling with the rock .. like nigga fuck him up he's holding a fucking rock
>>
>>64477912

I was 10 and I went to the cinema to see the movie with 6 friends or something like that I believe.

We all loved it and I quite remember how one of the first things we talked about after we left the room was how cool Yoda was.

To be fair the film I liked the less back then was RotS. It felt to me like they wanted to tell so many things in a single movie, and sometimes failed to explain them well. I also remember I couldn't take how dumb all the jedi (specially Anakin) were for trusting Sheev.

Now I do believe AotC is worse than TPM and RotS, but still they are all way better than TFA. Just because TFA is shit, not because these 3 are masterpieces.
>>
>>64477912
Incorrect. I still love the scene. Hate the rest of the movie though.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.