[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke did I ever tell you that those two droids across from us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (4 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2208x1242
Luke did I ever tell you that those two droids across from us witnessed your fucking birth?
>>
>>64477679
3PO had his memory wiped
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1524x833) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1524x833
>Luke did i ever tell you about OOPA OOPA he helped handle your birth and floated above the ground using an icecream cone to take you out of your mother, he was a good friend
>>
>>64477713
>lucas has nobody but himself to blame for star a shit
source on 3po?
how about r2?
>>
Even fucking Yoda witnessed Luke's birth.
>>
>>64477679
I saw a thread a while back complaining that they had such advanced technology yet couldn't save her from dying during child birth. At first it stuck, and then I remembered someone in the movie saying she "lost the will to live". Looking back, that was pretty good writing.
>>
How didn't Darth Vader recognize C-3PO and R2-D2 in the original trilogy? They were literally his droids in the first three episodes.
>>
>>64477831
It's not relevant when Luke first meets Yoda. Has no real place for discussion.
>>
>>64477792
It happens literally in the next scene or two. R2 didn't
>>
>baby is born
>somehow you are supposed to recognize it as a full grown adult after seeing it for only minutes as an infant
>>
>>64477792
Someone takes both of them and says "Take these two droids, and erase the memory from the Protocol droid". 3PO replies something like "oh noes"
>>
>>64477910
A smart tripfag?
>>
>>64477760
>Luke, did I ever tell you about OOPA OPPA? He served as the midwife and basically told us that you're mother died of a broken heart. We later found out that your mother died from heavy internal bleeding and that OOPA OOPA was a janitorial unit. Still, he was a very good friend.
>>
>>64477872
How do we know he didn't? Just wasn't really relevant to him anymore.

Alternatively, those two types of droids are all over the fucking place.
>>
>>64477957
>He
CIS scum
>>
>>64477968
>wasn't relevant
R2-D2 was his mate on every mission and was a special droid.
C-3PO was literally created by kid Anakin, spent years with his mother, with him and with his wife, all of which were very important.

The idea that he would see them with Han Solo and whatever and just shrug is kind of dumb.
>>
they were good friends
>>
>>64477872

Did Vader ever even encounter the droids in the originals?

On the Death Star he doesn't see them, they are running to the Falcon while he is distracted with Obi-wan.

On Cloud City he doesn't see them because C3PO got blown up and R2 is with Luke.

On the second Death Star he doesn't see them because they're on the moon of Endor.

I'm struggling to think of an occasion where he ever even sees either of the droids.
>>
>>64478144
Off the top of my head he did in episode V, like in this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-AmHZ17gWM
>>
>>64478265

Clearly when he motions Fett not to shoot at Chewbacca it's because he is struck by a sudden flash of insight regarding the droid on his back. It is like unto poetry
>>
>>64478334

Additionally, this is why he alters the deal and demands that Leia and Chewbacca be brought to his ship. Why else would he do that? He clearly didn't have any intention of capturing Leia in particular, he doesn't realize she is his daughter yet and since she's no longer a senator it's not like he has got any especial interest in capturing her, she is just some rebel who he was perfectly content to leave on Cloud City just minutes before.
>>
>>64478569
He wanted to lure Luke into coming, it worked.
>>
File: R1dGS.jpg (574 KB, 1185x1766) Image search: [Google]
R1dGS.jpg
574 KB, 1185x1766
>>64478144
>>
>>64478678

No, he wanted to lure Luke into coming into the carbonite freeze chamber so that he could freeze him in carbonite. He says so explicitly and that's literally what he attempts to do immediately following this. If he thought Luke was coming to look for Leia/Chewie he would have them kept there, but he doesn't, he wants them brought to his ship, because he knows Luke is coming for him, to get revenge for his friends.
>>
r2d2 was so traumatized by seeing a human coming out of a vagina he stopped talking
>>
>>64478092
Maybe he made an horrified face expression and cried a few tears. We wouldn't know.
>>
>>64478802
What?
I don't remember any of that. Why would he freeze Luke? Didn't he want to turn Luke to the emperor?
>>
>>64478743
Friendly reminder that isnt canon anymore
>>
>>64478265
Why didn't Vader react when he saw his daughter kissing that smuggler scum?
>>
>>64478743
Why would he recognize a standard-issue protocol droid? Even Cloud City has one just like it.
>>
>>64478986
He doesn't know he has a daughter until the final confrontation in ROTJ
>>
>>64479089
>there was no ultrasound in a galaxy far far away
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-10-01-00h30m02s54.png (307 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-10-01-00h30m02s54.png
307 KB, 800x450
>>64479114
>Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can!
>>
>>64479146
What does the fact that Padme is still willing to start a family with a guy who just finished slaughtering a bunch of children in cold blood say about her character?
>>
>>64478933
Jesus christ broseph, did you watch any of the movie? The whole reason Han was even frozen in carbonite was to test it and make sure a person could sustain it and survive. If it were up to Fett, I'm sure he'd have just taken Han as is (hence "he's no good to me dead"), but Vader knew he'd need Luke as subdued as possible in order to take him to the Emperor.
>>
Luke did I ever tell you that my mentor had a penis the size of an evian bottle?
>>
>>64477679
Lucas made it up as he went along. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>64479265
Blinded by love.
>>
>>64479265
>George Lucas' first wife cheats on him with a carpenter working on the home they made together
>she is the absolute center of his universe
>After denying him children, she turns around and let's carpenter guy impregnate her
>leaves Lucas

You now realize the full extent of how powerful love is to Lucas, he would have given anything to have the love of his life back, just as padme feels towards Anakin

love has blinded her

:'(
>>
>>64477792

R2's was never wiped. It was even a major part of one of the EU books where R2 had a bunch of Padme and Anakin conversations hidden in his memory banks and was being a stubborn fuck about showing them to Luke and Leia so they had to bring in one of the Republic's top splicers to force them out.
>>
>>64477679
>Luke did I ever tell you about the time a droid with scoops for hands scooped you and your sister out of your mom's cooter where your mome then said "I ARE HEARTBROKEN" and went ded?
>>
>>64479393
NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N
>>
>>64479265
If there's women that can start a family with a dude that beats them, I'm sure there's women who can start a family with a children killer.
>>
>>64479446

That's not my point, it was just an example.

Even in the new canon R2's memory was never wiped.
>>
>>64478743

>Annie

>not Ani
>>
Why didn't R2 just tell 3PO everything that was wiped afterwards?
>>
>>64479629
Banter.
>>
>>64479585
Why would it be Ani? His name is spelled Anakin.
>>
>>64479629
Didn't you watch the movies? 3PO is a cunt who always looks down on R2 and ignores his advice.
>>
>>64479692
I always assumed that was because R2 was being even more of a cunt but we can't understand him.
>>
>>64479629
R2 is a cunty bastard but he's not dumb, he knows that telling C-3PO the shit he saw would serve no good purpose.
>>
Pod racing was Unnecessary... (I think A New Hope was supposed to have a similar thing but like with Skyhoppers.. that idea never really got completed, and instead a skyhopper is simply seen sitting in the garage background.)

Pod racing is nothing more than a subplot that wasted time that could have been used to further flush out what the fuck was going on..

Also it was fucking weird as a kid when Anakin and Padme got together.. "Isn't she like 10-15 years his elder?" was basically my thought at the time..

Really the prequels would've been better served as a miniseries or something of the sort..

Why don't we hear anything more about podracing in the original trilogy.

there's a graphic novel from Dark Horse that's supposed to be based off early Drafts of episode IV..
>>
>>64479391
Padme's story is that of a strong woman who is deprived of her agency - who struggles, does her best, and still succumbs. But then her final act of suicide is a huge fuck-you to the entire universe. It's the first, and only, truly radical act in the prequel films - perhaps in any of the films. Padme provides the purest expression of the light side. It's directly analogous to Ripley in Alien 3, except Padme goes further.

Like, her act actually ruptures the fabric of the plot. The medical robots are baffled, and Palpatine (our narrator, remember) doesn't understand it at all. He says Anakin killed her, and he doesn't appear to be lying. It's just incomprehensible to everyone. Padme is, consequently, the first person to actually defeat the emperor.
>>
>Weird Al Yankovic didn't make a song about Episode VII

FAILED FRANCHISE
>>
you are now aware all of Star Wars is R2-D2 retelling it. That's why he gets extra badass in the prequels.
>>
>>64479926
I would fucking love this
>>
>>64479446
>accepting Disney newfag canon

Any huge franchise with such a long lifespan and so much content is gonna have silly moments in it

people unironically love Doctor Who even though it's the only major sci-fi series where they can and do retcon literally anything at any time.

>lol just kidding, this person isn't dead
>>
>>64479446
From a certain point of view
>>
>>64479779
>10-15 years his elder

yeah remember in TPM he was just a kid,it kinda freaked some people just by rubbing em the wrong way
>>
>>64479265
>people have logical responses to being abused by someone they love

virgin alert
>>
>>64478967
good. it's just worthless dot-connecting. Vader's humanity is awakened by Luke, nothing else.
>>
>>64480075
>retcon
Doctor Who was created before the concept of canon, and it was created by a committee at the BBC so there's nobody with the authority to do it anyway.

And like you say, canonity (?) doesn't make much sense when the main character travels between times and dimensions every episode.
>>
>>64479391
>being a pathetic cuck just means you're in love

wew lad
>>
>>64479872

>Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi
>>
>>64480811
and yet nuwho fanon constantly analyzes and memorizes events and has some concept of canon even though it's totally subjective

dwho is mary sue: the fictional universe
>>
I love how rushed this last segment is as if George sincerely stopped giving a fuck.
"and....Vader projected his rage across the galaxy and force choked Padame to death."
Like he couldn't just simply have her die from childbirth? It literally happens to woman all of the time.
>>
>>64480975
wat?
That's not what happened at all, she lost Anakin so she lost the will to live because he was everything for her.
It was more poetic than just dying of "natural" causes and it actually happens in real life.
>>
>>64481125
that's fucking dumb

>oh yeah I just had two healthy children who will need my guidance and nurturing more than ever now that their father is evil, but I should just die because of a broken heart now!
>>
>>64481339
Yes it was, why do you think we meme about it so much?
>>
The ending to ROTS would have been a lot better I think if Padme just offed herself with a blaster
>>
>>64481495
I'm pretty sure the initial draft was supposed to be suicide but they had to write it in a PG manner.
>>
>a full grown Mark Hamill just popped out of Padmé's cunt
How the fuck were the droids supposed to recognize Luke when they only saw him for like 3 minutes as a newborn before not seeing him again for years?
>>
>>64479779
>>64480373
>Isn't she like 10-15 years his elder?
Stuff like that happens
>>
>"little Han Solo, meet lil Luke and Leia"

really Lucas
>>
>>64478265
This look so much better than TFA, it's insane.
It's really fucking insane.
It looks like a masterpiece.
>>
>>64481339
>>64481382
Found the autists
>>
File: 1361784415355.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1361784415355.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>64482368
It is. I just watched it two days ago, and every scene is perfect. It's funny how Lucas complains that he didn't have enough control over ESB, yet when he went back and changed the Blurays, it was the one he fucked with the least. Even he realized it was damn-near perfect.
>>
>>64482465
>that one destroyer going backward

captain probably was force chocked to death
>>
>>64479393
no one gives a fuck about the eu
>>
>standard-issue protocol droid
>I somehow know this is the one I built.
>>
>>64480975
Palpatine drained her life into Anakin
>>
>>64477679
Did Obi wan cucked Anakin??
>>
>>64477679
they were good friends
>>
>>64482914
NOT
CANON
>>
>>64479666
Ani sounds like Anee or Annie (or something close) in most languages I know about that aren't english but use the same latin letters. He probably is not an english native speaker.
>>
>>64479739
It can and probably is both. Would you trust a cunt?

Also >>64477910
>>
Because there is a million fucking droids in the galaxy that look exactly like C3PO and R2D2.
>>
>>64483182
We only see one Gold C3PO and one blue R2D2 though. None of those other droids have those colors for some reason.
And in TFA, he has a red arm now!
>>
>>64481685

>skywalker
>>
>>64479817

Fuck you, George
>>
Was this in Jimmy Smith's ship or in Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center ?
>>
>>64477910

this theory goes out of the window when it's revealed c3po and r2d2 are droids
>>
>>64483253
>None of those other droids have those colors for some reason.

So the audience can identify them.
>>
>>64479629
>>64479692
>>64479739
>>64479775

He could do it without 3PO even...

R2 can talk to Luke and be translated through Luke's X-wing

Could've done it on the way to or from Dagobah
>>
>Luke did I ever tell you about how your mother died because she no longer had the will to live after just giving birth to you and your sister. She was a terrible mother.
>>
>>64483597
>implying Obi isn't the dad

She was a very good friend if you catch my drift
>>
>>64483392
It was in the asteroid facility map from Battlefront 2
>>
>>64477910

this theory goes out the window when it's revealed that, somehow, anakin skywalker is related to luke skywalker. only droids would be clever enough to work out exactly how, even having witnessed literally every important event that you would need to witness to piece the exact nature of anakin walker (from tatooine)'s familial relationship with his son, luke skywalker (from tatooine) all together into a coherent hole, in which the truth is revealed that anakin skywalker, luke skywalker's father, is in fact the father of luke skywalker, who is, strangely enough, the son of anakin skywalker, his father.
>>
Padme didn't die of a broken heart. After reading this I agree:
http://www.retrozap.com/padme-didnt-die-of-a-broken-heart/
>>
>>64479393
Which one?
>>
>>64477792
R2 just saw him as a baby
they met again after he was grown up
>>
>>64477679
>i just had twins
>i have no will to live

BRAVO JJ
>>
>>64482368

It gives you more feelings to see Han carbonized than to see him die in hands of his autist son
>>
>>64485122

>my husband just betrayed all of his friends and became a sith
>he tried to kill me even though I'm pregnant
>i'm so happy
>>
>>64477872
We see a droid that looks identical to 3P0 thirty seconds into the first movie. It's safe to assume that droid designs are pretty standardized
>>
>>64477833
>she "lost the will to live"
for her childrens sake thats fucking retarded. If her children were taken from her I'd understand but its fucking retarded that she gives birth to them then just decides she doesnt want to be around and help protect them.
>>
>>64483665
Polis Masa. I love that map.
>>
>>64478743
omg
>>
>>64478802
Luke reached Cloud City around the time Han was frozen in carbonite. Vader was informed of this by an Imperial officer. He then asks for the Cloud City workers to prepare the freezer for Luke, an then sets the trap of moving Leia and Chewbacca towards the carbonite room (Leia: "LUKE, IT'S A TRAP! IT'S A TRAP!").

Once Luke was there, there was no reason to leave Leia in the city.

He was also manipulating Lando:
>Vader: You may take Captain Solo to Jabba the Hutt after I have Skywalker
>Boba: It's not good for me to be him dead
>Vader: He will not be permanently damaged
>Lando: Lord Vader, what about Leia and the Wookie?
>Vader: They may never again leave this city
>Lando: But there was never a condition to give Han to this bounty hunter!
>Vader: Perhaps you thinl you have been treated unfairly?
>Lando: ...No.
>Vader: Good. It would be unfortunate to leave a garrison here.
>Lando: (This deal is getting worse all the time)

[...]
>Vader: Calrissiam, send the princess and wookie to my ship
>Lando: You said they will be here in the city under my supervision!
>Vader: I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.