[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better space combat sim out there than X-Wing Alliance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Is there a better space combat sim out there than X-Wing Alliance?
>>
TFA should have been subtitled "They didn't even try"
>>
I liked how they made the TIE fighters feel more powerful in the new movie. The sound of the guns as poe and finn escaped in one sounded so much more powerful than they originally did.

In the OT (unless the rebels were extremely outnumbered), TIE fighters would get taken out like a turkey shoot by the rebels.

I also liked how they were so maneuverable in-atmosphere in this.
>>
>>64477623

A desert hobo and her stormtrooper outcast co-pilot successfully evaded and took out two lifelong tie fighter pilots in a big junk heap of a spaceship

more powerful, right
>>
So why does the tie fighter now have a pilot AND a gunner? Since when does it have twin seats?
>>
File: 14589711958175.png (407 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
14589711958175.png
407 KB, 1000x700
JJ's TIE fighter is literally just a normal one doing a shocked anime face
>>
>>64477623
The whole point of the tie fighter was that they were fast and cheap to produce due to their lack of armor and shielding, showing the empire's preference for disposable pilots over quality ones with quality ships, needed for a quickly expanding empire.
>>
>>64477701
because finn and poe needed a craft with 2 seats to escape on.
>>
>>64476154
Stealing picture from OP out of pure spite
>>
>>64477701
Since sometime in the last 20 years numbnuts. Jesus christ do they need to spell everything out?
>>
>>64476154
>>64477838
I am not familiar with this maymay.
And if it is in fact not yet a maymay, should we make it one?
>>
>>64476222
In the end it didn't even matter
>>
>>64477921
Don't you ever reply to me if you have nothing to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>64477921
You're not familiar with ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL?

Spend more time on /co/.
>>
>>64477921
That's not how memes work reddit
>>
>>64477963
i had to fall to lose it all
>>
>>64476154
I keep hoping for a Star wars mod for star citizen, kinda like xwing alliance upgrade. Never gonna happen though ;_;
>>
>>64477774
TIEs are un-shielded/un-armored and cheap so they can be fast and maneuverable. They are like the Japanese Zeros of the SW universe. Unfortunately, they decided to make the bulky, much more heavily armed X-Wings even more maneuverable than them in TFA for some retarded reason.

They get shot down all the time because the "It'z The Force" plot device (plot armor) bullshit, same reason why stormtroopers still manage to miss every shot on the heroes even after being trained for blaster-rifle combat from childhood.

I'm just happy to not see them portrayed as 100% pieces of garbage throughout the whole movie, like they were in every part of the OT, because I've always loved the design. I'm glad JJ didnt do any stupid shit like replace all the TIE designs with the curved-wing interceptor types (and then have Poe shoot down 10 of them in 10 seconds like he did with the TIEs anyway)
>>
what are the big panels on the side for? They look like solar panels but no whey

Is T.I.E. actually an acronym?
>>
>>64478627
twin ion engine
>>
>>64476154
Tie Fighter
>>
>>64476222
OH WOW THE SEQUEL TO A FILM HAS THE SAME SHIP AS THE ONE THAT CAME BEFORE HOW UNORIGINAL. NEXT THEY'LL INCLUDE OLD CHARACTERS OR SOMETHING.
>>
File: laughing bolivian.jpg (36 KB, 636x440) Image search: [Google]
laughing bolivian.jpg
36 KB, 636x440
>>64477963
>>
File: scrot pepe exploitable.png (301 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
scrot pepe exploitable.png
301 KB, 400x388
>>64478057
Sometimes it is. Take scrotum pepe for example.
>>
>>64477662
obviously because Rey was strong with the force. The Force is nothing but plot armor that makes it so a character can do anything and not fail. Was Lando or Wedge strong with the force? No? But how the fuck did they fly so fast through that extremely small 100 mile-long tunnel to the reactor on the first try? Especially lando in the milennium falcon, that thing is a lot bigger than most people seem to realize. But it didn't matter, it's like you could say "the force" protected them anyway just because they were part of Luke's group
>>
I would love so much to see a single TIE fighter pilot dominate a bunch of "superior" X-Wings resistance pilots. Someone like the FO version of poe dameron (and who doesn't die within one minute of his first appearance).

Barring that I want to see more of the resistance/main characters using hijacked TIE fighters. I'm sick of seeing them being incompetent and getting blown up while accomplishing nothing.
>>
File: originalideas.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
originalideas.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>64476154
JJ is very original. I agree with you OP.
>>
>>64478496
>like they were in every part of the OT
except empire strikes back.
>>
>>64480534

I hated this.

>3PO appears with stupid red arm
>think "damn is this supposed to make him look more rebel-like or what the fuck were they thinking"
>"oh, hi, I'm C3PO, maybe you didn't recognise me because of this red arm"
>nobody in the film gives a fuck about 3PO
>"well, I'm leaving. I need this arm to get fixed"
>3PO doesn't contribute anything else to the film

So he'll probably appear in some spin-off or whatever and it will be explained why he had this red arm and thousands of bloggers and redditors will jerk off to this magic connection between the series. BRAVO JJ, BRAVO
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.