[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius. https://www.youtube.c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg (54 KB, 479x580) Image search: [Google]
11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg
54 KB, 479x580
George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs

Without him, the ''''''''Star Wars'''''''' motion pictures will now become like The Avengers, i.e. merely flicks.

The magic of Star Wars is dead. Weep.
>>
>>64475661
Based Lucas
>>
I dont understand how rehasing scenes is genius?
>>
>>64475661
>mfw I like the Avengers
Thank you, based Disney.
>>
File: 1451929731423.jpg (62 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1451929731423.jpg
62 KB, 620x387
>tfw george is gone forever
>tfw star wars will never have this much fun, heart or soul ever again, hope you look forward to forced liberal propaganda, endless sequels and spin offs milked out every year to bleed this franchise dry until the magic of star wars is dead
>tfw it's all our fault

im so sorry george... what have we done?
>>
>>64476946
>liberal propaganda
>>>/pol/

Your misogyny and racism isn't tolerated here.
>>
File: ff_ilm_lucas.jpg (228 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
ff_ilm_lucas.jpg
228 KB, 1200x1500
>>64476831
>I dont understand
Yes, you don't.

They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia.

As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle. Their story runs in reverse from the Originals with Episode II pretty much Episode V in reverse. Whether you liked the Prequels, or not you can't question the amount of the thought and detail that went into their creation in respect to the Original Trilogy.
>>
>>64477172
THIS. You hit it right on the money.
>>
>>64477046

are these posts usually 100% earnest or just trolls looking for a rise
>>
>>64477172
I respect what you're saying but the prequels are still shit tho.
>>
>>64477172
You can read hardcore into literally anything to make them seem extra special and magical. Just stop.
>>
maybe he shouldn't of killed and his brand and sold his franchise
>>
>>64475661
>The magic of Star Wars is dead
yeah as killed by George Lucas in the prequels.

fuck off back to reddit,
>>
>>64477172

It's too bad the movies are shit, really.
>>
>>64477374

You mean Special Editions.
>>
>>64477374
>mfw reddit is telling me to go back to reddit
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread and go watch RedditLetterMedia or something.
>>
>>64475661
Phantom Menace is a masterpiece compared to TFA. JJ is a hack and George truly a genius.
>>
File: tark laughing.jpg (184 KB, 1478x1094) Image search: [Google]
tark laughing.jpg
184 KB, 1478x1094
>>64475661
>>64476946
>>64477172
>mfw Lucas fans that don't know anything about cinema think scenes mirroring each other is pure genius
A billion films have done shit like this. It's nothing new or particularly clever. If you watched something other than blockbuster trash you would know this.
>>
>>64477599
this, TFA felt reddit as fuck, I didn't feel like I was watching Star Wars and the opening credits didn't fool me. It all felt too forced to resemble Star Wars but in reality, if Lucas isn't the director, it'll never be a genuine Star Wars film.
>>
>>64477320
They are made by bigoted transphobic anti LGBTQIA+ reactionaries.
>>
>>64477678
>My favorite directors are Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Hitchcock and the list goes on!
Reddit please.
>>
>>64477678
http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/
Educate yourself.
>>
File: 1388064493922.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1388064493922.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
I've seen this video posted here before, it is very well made and always brings a tear to my eye
>>
>>64477678
>A billion films have done shit like this.
>like this
key words there
sure other films have mirrored themselves or another movie, but how many double trilogies did it? and with such consistency?
SW is alone in that ball park, no one can step to that feat
>>
>>64475661
Indeed he made many memorable scenes. Cantina, battle of yavin, battle of hoth, carbonite freezing of solo, the big reveal to luke, escape from jabba's palace, vaders redemption, battle with maul, battle at the arena, clones vs droids, obi-wan vs grevious, windu/yoda vs sidious, anakin becoming vader.

Yes I know it's too early to judge but the latest star wars has nothing memorable about it and I've seen it 3 times now (4 counting HD cam torrent). The only memorable moment was at the very end with luke (and that says quite a lot about the film), everything else is just generic plot points that could be found in any low budget sci fi flick these days.

Abrams is a fucking hack.
>>
>>64477172
What is this mirroring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
>>
>>64478069
Your whore mother's dick sucking lips.
>>
>>64477996
>the latest star wars has nothing memorable about it and I've seen it 3 times now (4 counting HD cam torrent).
it's because of JJ's style
quick action means nothing really sticks to you. it's just a 5 minute little fight, cut to another scene of people clicking computer shit, cut back to some other shit, cut back to the battle for 2 minutes, cut to lasers in space

nothing lasts long enough for you to really give a shit. looks pretty thoug
>>
>>64477699

>if Lucas isn't the director, it'll never be a genuine Star Wars film.

Irvin Kershner directed The Empire Strikes Back and Richard Marquand did Return of the Jedi
>>
>>64478069

That's Return of the Jedi, so it's mirroring all the other kids' CGI stuff in The Phantom Menace
>>
>>64478174
this desu senpai
>>
>>64478174
both were under the influence of Lucas. The script and direction would have to be approved by him as he saw fit.
>>
>>64478292
Nope
>>
>>64478292

This isn't true

Although I think Lucas did carefully mirror their shots in the originals.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.