[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This moment was so bad people blocked out of their memory. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: han.png (188 KB, 462x296) Image search: [Google]
han.png
188 KB, 462x296
This moment was so bad people blocked out of their memory. They don't even remember to complain about it.

Same as fighter pilots taking out individual soldiers.
>>
>>64472812
Most people didn't really care. Most people aren't autistic.
>>
I did roll my eyes in the theater at that moment, really unnecessary.

Also, I actually did forget that even happened before seeing this thread.

I guess bravo Abrams for going so fast people can't process all the little moments of shit in his movies.
>>
>>64472812
100% true, I forgot about this

When I saw it in the cinema I looked around like "did he actually just do that?" I mean, whose idea was it to put that in? What's it even supposed to show? Han might have been a good shot in the OT, but it's not like he was an ultra edgy badass or something.
>>
Yeah it was awkward. JJ sucks. Also, these expert Hollywood screenwriters cant think of something as simple as Han reaching for his blaster when he says Kylo with Rey but then hesitating and looking down. Would have made their confrontation scene more hardhitting.
>>
>>64472838
are you a fat girl?

how are you not pulled out of the film? Are movies just meaningless pictures going by your eyes?
>>
>>64472812

Having fun isn't for everyone OP
>>
>>64472929
how is that fun?

it's a spaceballs joke in a "serious" invasion scene, like it's mocking itself
>>
>>64472926
SOMEONE LIKED A MOVIE I DIDNT LIKE BECAUSE 4CHAN TOLD ME NOT TO

I'm the opposite of a fat girl desu.
>>
>>64472854
>going so fast people can't process all the little moments
that's actually the problem, there isnt one moment where you digest where each character is in their (lack of) arc. You just remember afterwards with some effort

No chance in hell for binary sunset etc

>>64472883
yeah it made me think "is he a force guy now?"
>>
File: 1434511323655.jpg (149 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1434511323655.jpg
149 KB, 900x600
>>64472812
>Same as fighter pilots taking out individual soldiers
Bitch, what are you on about? I strafed the hell out of thousands of battle droids and stormtroopers in the original Battlefront.
>>
>>64472915
i thought that was alright, Han is just frozen without reaction and we see it's a sore spot, he is not out for his son's blood and he'd get killed by the stormtroopers surrounding kylo
>>
>>64472812
The thing is...
...why did Han fly to Maz Kanada's planet anyway?

The whole part of the movie was a rehash of Luke and Obi-Wan's visit of Mos Eisley, except thay nearly anything that Luke and Obi-Wan did in Mos Eisley had sense.

Obi-Wan was looking for a good pilot because they didn't have a ship, and even if they have one Luke wouldn't be as good as the mission demands.

They couldn't leave the droids in Obi-Wan's hut because it was too far from Mos Eisley and because stormtroopers could inspect the house and find the droids.

They had no place to hide the droids, but at least Obi-Wan had mind control skills so there was no actual danger.

In TFA, through, the First Order knew BB8 was onboard of the Millennium Falcon, and the ship was stationed very close to Maz Kanada's castle. And even if they hide it, why bringing the droid inside the castle where there's a lot of potential spies and agents of the First Order? And why after she gave Luke's lightsaber to Finn, Maz is never seen again? In fact, she didn't even help Han deliver the droid safely to the Resistance, since yhe Resistance fleet and officers came to the planet (including Leia).
>>
>>64473041
Luke: "It'll be just like pressing R1 back at the basement"
>>
>>64472812
Whole movie was forgettable rubbish. There were no memorable scenes at all.
>>
File: 19135028.png (449 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
19135028.png
449 KB, 576x792
>>64472838
This. Seriously kid, stop looking for excuses to be angry. It does not make you sound cool or mature.
>>
how does a stormtrooper suddenly start using a lightsaber? how could he even put up a fight against an extremely skilled and highly trained dark jedi?
>>
>>64472812
that scene where he's "running" from the monster was so sad. he's so fucking old now.
>>
>>64473189
He wasn't highly trained and he had a gaping wound in his side
>>
>>64473159
yes others are fat nerds for ruining your love of nerd shit
>>
File: 1425239456399.jpg (17 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
1425239456399.jpg
17 KB, 221x225
>>64473216
>>
>>64472812
What part. Why did you post a blank image
>>
Haven't seen the movie yet.
What happens in that scene?
>>
>>64473198
yeah, but at least editing and shakey cam tries to fix that. Boyega was about as athletic as Ford when he stabs that stormtrooper

Daisy Ridley was by far the most athletic of all the actors, strangely enough
>>
HE SHOOTS SOMEONE WITHOUT LOOKING ?!?!?!
HAN SOLO CONFIRMED A SITH LORD
>>
>>64473242
He shoots a stormtrooper who is several meters behind him without looking. While both of them are in the middle of a battle.
>>
>>64473159
do you *get* the fedora meme?
>>
>>64473215
>fights a stormtrooper, can't land a single hit, gets dominated
>fights a dark jedi, lands a strike and holds his own for a good amount of time

makes total sense desu senpai
>>
>>64473255
I noticed we have a lot of webms and gifs of Ridley training (bodyweight, lifting, martial arts and rock climbing) but nothing of Boyega and Ford

Why is this?
>>
>>64473294
Sounds like something I'd roll my eyes a little and ignore.
Are you guys seriously autisting yourselves over a thing like that?
>>
What happened to Finns rifle he got from Solo?
>>
>>64472812
Yea 100%. Would have given it a pass if he'd missed and just suppressed a guy made him trip up or something so chewie could get him.

I wasn't taking the film too seriously so I don't give a shit if they make Han Solo Bruce Campbell tier.
>>
>>64473304
Fights aren't videogames where your power level dictates whether you'll win or not
>>
JJ was the right person to direct Episode VII

But JJ Abrams is not a good director.

His meticulous and energetic style worked wonders to replicate the feel, imagery and world of the OT. Likewise, he has proven to work well with younger, unexperienced actors. But all of his works since Lost even have been finished with odd plot conveniances, awkward forced character moments, and a distinct feeling that he only works within his comfort zone - inhibiting growth. He might be on the spectrum.
>>
>>64473119
So they could have a space bar scene. The movie is shit.
>>
>>64472838
most people dont enjoy sitting for 2 hours going "eh whatever it's just a bit of fun for the kids, just have fun" like a fake chill lord
>>
>>64473011
>cannot into nuanced opinion
It was a dumb scene. I actually did block it out, and overall I enjoyed the movie, but it was a stupid scene among a handful stupid scenes.
>>
>>64473336
roll your eyes and ignore, never talk about it. Do you never go out to dinner after a movie to shit talk?

just be cool and above it bro, phony as hell
>>
>>64473447
It's cool, dude, I just want everyone else on /tv/ to be chill as me.
>>
>>64473336

Everyone did do that, as the OP pointed out. It was touches like this that really irked me throughout the film, though. If there had been a full slower, more thoughtful scenes instead of stuff like this, Chewie's bowcaster, and Finn's lame comic relief, it would have been a better film.
>>
>>64473159
>kid
No, anon. You are the fedora.
>>
>>64473306
Ford, i mean cmon tahts not fair

Boyega is just a bit of a fatty but not so much that he thought "i have to prepare to do fake action shit"

Ridley is the actual star and she had to do stuff (and she comes off as more realistic in her running etc)

Driver was good enough in his swordplay but that's mostly just being in decent shape and his height
>>
File: 1446056137257.webm (997 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1446056137257.webm
997 KB, 720x720
>this script was in front of thousands of eyes
>hundreds of millions were spent bringing it to life
>nobody questioned the many coincidences and contrivances
>>
>>64473189
Have we watched the same movie? Why does everyone say that Finn put a good fight against Kylo?

Kylo was basically toying with him, probably didn't have a lightsaber duel in years so he was eager to swing his lightsaber around finally. Finn was contantly backing up trying to block his attack while Kylo went after him like the terminator slicing trees and hitting rocks around him with no control (cause he isn't a skilled fighter). And only when Finn actually managed to hit Kylo, then Kylo stopped playing and fucked up Finn good quickly

And versus Rey. he didn't even want to kill her, he wanted to get her to the dark side because he saw and felt that she is powerful with the force in the interrogation room. He could have just forcepush or freeze them both if he wanted but he wanted to swing his lightsaber after all these years against an another saber
But that scene where Rey physically overpowers Kylo is unecessery tho, no matter how Kylo is wounded
>>
>>64473369
JJ didn't do anything with Lost other than it's pilot and primary concept (the island) just like he didn't do anything in Fringe either. He has done primarily movies like Star Trek and Super 8, with managing the production company and setting up deals.
>>
>>64473485
cool so be chill, roll your eyes and ignore the thread

people like you are so nerdy they need to contantly fake they dont care and are super chill
>>
>Not being able to criticize the biggest box office film of all time,just because 'merr your autistic' 'mehh its a kids film'

Fuck off , it doesn't make it immune from close analysis and criticism because it a film for a wide audience , including children
>>
>>64473516
Boyega is supposed to be a stormtrooper that's been training from childhood. Why is he so fat? Why are his hips so wide?
>>
>>64473525
>Why does everyone say that Finn put a good fight against Kylo?

I didn't say he put up a good fight. He shouldn't have been able to put up a fight at all.
>>
>>64473558
You've got a chip on your shoulder, m8.
>>
>>64473604

chill out dude, just ignore him
>>
>>64473604
roll your eyes and ignore, chill lord
>>
>>64473336
The problem with this joke, and many of the jokes of TFA that involves Han Solo in some way or another, is that not only they doesn't make sense, they also contradict what we know about the character.

Han could be a brave mercenary, but he's not reckless. He wouldn't risk his life for a blind shot.

Han has been many years with Chewbacca, and yet somehow he didn't know the properties and firepower of Chewbacca's bowcaster.

Han says in the original movie that driving through hyperspace requires precise calculations because otherwise they could die by crashing on a planet or flying too close to a star or supernova. Yet he fliesto Starkiller and leaves hyperspace a mere nanoseconds before crashing the planet.

And so on.
>>
>>64473034
Well he fucked a Skywalker, perhaps he got some midiclorions on his dick.
>>
File: m3z539oi9w1qzsknv.gif (489 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
m3z539oi9w1qzsknv.gif
489 KB, 250x250
>>64473520
>this script was in front of thousands of eyes

luke's lightsaber from V is in VII

>mfw that script leak was actually true
>>
Prepare to cringe

>>64473242
>>64473294
>>64473336
>>64473485
>>64473558
>>64473604
>>
>>64473656
>Han has been many years with Chewbacca, and yet somehow he didn't know the properties and firepower of Chewbacca's bowcaster.

this pisses me off so fucking much
>>
>>64473656
I liked the bowcaster shit and could dismiss it because I just figured Han preferred his blaster and didn't fuck with Chewies shit.

The rest though is spot-on.
>>
>>64473520
They might have originally explained it with throwaway lines of dialogue or extra scenes that got trimmed in the final cut. The script isn't everything.
>>
>>64473119
They were trying to find a clean ship.

iirc Finn even asks why they are going somewhere public and Han replies "so we can find a clean ship"

So yeah it kinda makes sense.
>>
>>64473119
I have these very thick glasses with like a zoom lens to inspect Finn. Must have pretty bad eyesight or something. But I take them of completely when I talk about more personal things. I can actually see fine without them jk.
The whole maz fiasco goes on...
The lightsaber... Did they have a treasure chest from Pirates of the Carribean lying around?
What are those visions even???

All this and then Le Epic "hero tries to deny her obvious destiny" theme.
Lil giwl scared of scawy visions boohoo.
There si just no time taken EVER to reflect on anything like what could these visions mean!
Nope let's just go to the next planet or whatever.
>>
>in the middle of a pitched battle
>hey can I try that thing xD

I know star wars was always campy but it was never this fucking stupid
>>
File: blib.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
blib.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>64473695
>>
Poe taking out individual soldiers was so it'd seem impressive but since it's a thing that's possible now you just think "huh i guess that's a thing now, so it's not impressive"

they dont establish earlier that usually a fighter is like the real world in how it hits things
>>
glib facsimile
>>
>>64472812
The movie was a cringefest the entire way, this was the least offensive thing in a sea of others.
>>
>>64473698
Even worse, Chewbacca's bowcaster acted like any gun in the OT, which is why it was never important enough to mention it, yet in TFA it is so powerful that it wins over any single other gun.

And yet Han never payed attention to it.
>>
>>64473779
tell that to kanjiklub
>>
>>64473119
It's best not to think about it.

As soon as they left Jakku the entire fucking thing became DUDE NOSTALGIA LMAO.
>>
>>64473757
meanwhile all this is happening and Han is just sitting there off screen, "where's my clean ship? they can track the falcon" just waiting for the 1st order
>>
Did anyone else cringe when the little musical stings played for the old characters appearing?
>>
>>64473656
Well by now he's an old pro and can aim a blaster with his eyes closed and can manage the hyperspace on his ship like a champ. How'd you not pick up on that?
>>
>>64473758
wow chewie your 40 year old weapon is really good, i never noticed it, we just met last week
>>
>>64473802
>As soon as they left Jakku

Most of Jakku was nostalgia too.
>>
File: 1429693771140.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1429693771140.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>64473771
Thinking back on it, it didn't initially bother me. Okay TIES are weak and have no shields, maybe those X-Wing guns didn't need to be that strong to blow them up.

But then, Poe flies into Starkiller and proceeds to fuck it up internally with single shots to multiple components. I mean, it's fucking Star Wars so who gives a fuck, but it's inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>64473656
>>64473656
Love it when anons put "And so on" etc after only 3 arguments because they don't have anymore

So you would like every character to stay the same forever? Even after 30 years of living everyone would stay the same? Now that would be boring and not creative

But I give you the bowcaster thing tho
>>
holy shit, this thread is literally an autistic circle jerk. I don't see a single voice that seems human, let alone a voice of reason. you are all such bad people.
>>
>>64473793
Yeah you can litterally hear the Disney writers thinking, doesn't chewbacca have a special gun? let's fo something with that.
>>
>>64473882
please stop I'm sure that JJ Abrams has actual brain problems
>>
File: 1434325639293.jpg (26 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1434325639293.jpg
26 KB, 350x300
>>64473757
>I have these very thick glasses with like a zoom lens to inspect Finn. Must have pretty bad eyesight or something. But I take them of completely when I talk about more personal things. I can actually see fine without them jk.
>>
>>64473874
ah so that's the joke?

He's like a really chilled cool badass at everything because he's a veteran of this universe and knows everything?
>>
>>64473771
Yeah I think the biggest problem with the fight scenes were this. Everything that happened had already been done to death in previous SW movies, even in the cartoons, so nothing stands out. The only moments I can recall are Kylo burning Finn's shoulder (because it was the only time he actually did something with the otherwise useless extra vents) and the trick shot with the Falcon's broken cannon.
>>
>>64473656
>implying the hyperspeed entry didn't require meticulous calculations
>>
>>64473946
use the force m8
>>
I once read that Bowcasters were too heavy for people to handle, that's why Han's gun was a blaster and only Chewie had a Bowcaster.

I don't think this was from the OT, maybe established in the old EU that Disney jettisoned.
>>
>>64473750
I got that line, but it still doesn't explain why parking the Falcon so close to Maz's castle, or why carrying the droid instead of leaving it inside the Falcon.

Obi-Wan and Luke didn't have a place to hide the droids. They only relied on Obi-Wan's mind tricks to avoid the storntroopers. Han had a place to hide BB8 and yet he didn't care.

Why is also important to prevent the First Order to know the location of the Resistance planet? If the First Order attacks the planet, the Republic would be forced to counterattack. If the First Order is so big and powerful it threatens the Resistance, there's no need to establish a secret military group, the First Order is already too powerful for the Republic to ignore its thread.

It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>64473887
But it was well done nostalgia that strove to capture the atmosphere and tone of prior films (especially the binary sunset scene) rather than simply shoving in as much references as possible.
>>
>>64473750

>a clean ship
>in a space reggae pub
>in the middle of nowhere
>no ships parked outside
>in the end they bring the 'filthy' millenium falcon to the rebel base anyway
>>
>>64473405
Yes they do why do you think this movie was a success
>>
>>64473897
i assumed a single weakest shot would pop a blast of around 3-4 feet with the precision of a fighter (ie not much, so you blast things around it until you get one, same as firing and leading a machine gun in a helicopter)
>>
>>64473986

Yeah you're right. I really liked the slower, less wacky parts at the start.
>>
>>64473927
The behind the back shot and hyperspace scene didn't really seem like jokes. They were tricks han had under his sleeve that are totally expected. He's a risk taker and kind of a show off, now he's had 30+ yes experience living that life. Youd figure he'd be pretty skilled.
>>
>>64473999

It was a success because it is Star Wars.

Do you really think people get out of the cinema and tell all of their friends to go to see TFA because it is the best Star Wars ever?

Everybody I've talked with irl were like "Yeah... it was fun i guess..." at best. Nobody liked it being a rehash. Nobody thought it was a good film.
>>
>>64474022
Tell that to Kanji Club
>>
the entire maz sequence was just embarrassing in almost every conceivable way

also I would love to know what the fuck happened to all of abrams talk about physicality, he literally talks about yoda being more authentic as a puppet but then they go and use a terrible CGI effect anyway. I'm left wondering what it was all for

watch abrams talking here and try to reconcile it with what you actually saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iXWYWpsZk
>>
>>64474012
That's a sound argument, but then you see Chewbaccas Bowcaster doing similar levels of damage and it's a hand-held weapon with no recoil.
>>
>>64473981
Probably so they don't blow the resistance up with their super gun after they just eliminated the republics capital planets.
>>
>>64473999
because a lot of people go check the giant franchise everyone knows or knows about. Not that different from watching The Mummy and forgetting about it 2 seconds later

they're not geeks watching it 2 times or more
>>
>>64474093
kek goddammit
>>
File: 1446082146077.jpg (40 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1446082146077.jpg
40 KB, 640x350
>>64473144
Ok. Ya got me. I like you
>>
>>64474104

you're some retarded autist OT fan. stop trying to understand shit when you're retarded. just accept that you're retarded.
>>
>>64473119

>IT WAS A NEW HOPE REMAKE MAYMAY

Can we fucking kill this meme?

It's not the same thing. Holy shit, people act like walking in a room full of aliens and droids = cantina rip off
>>
>>64473154
"no memorable scenes at all"

>Kylo stopping a blaster shot mid air
>Rey driving away in her pod with the shot of the fallen Star Destroyer
>Rey eating/putting on the helmet
>the transition to the Millenium Falcon
>the blocked cannon maneuver
>Kylo tantrum
>Hux's speech and Stormtroopers raising their arms
>Kylo interrogating Rey
>Second Kylo tantrum
>TR-8R vs Finn
>Poe doing that killstreak of TIE fighters
>Han Solo Death
>Kylo vs Finn/Rey
>Luke Skywalker reveal

I probably missed a lot, watched it only once 2 weeks ago
>>
>>64474104
Her cantina design was fine. Space bar full of real costumed aliens was a nice touch. They probably could have made maz a puppet but they wanted to use mocap instead. In the end it looks fine. There's not really much there to complain about.
>>
>>64474210
not him, but what do you get in pretending to be a chill lord?

are you a tfa dude, a prequel weirdo? what do you love that you pretend to go "meh dude whatever im above it, no likes or dislikes"
>>
Webm pls. I don't remember that moment.
>>
Dude just turn off your brain xD
>>
>>64474104
Disney.

It's like "The Thing" effect. They had a movie nearly finished with practical effects already built and stopped the movie....inserted CGI and basically ruined it. I wouldn't be surprised in the next couple of years to learn that Maz was going to be a puppeted character and Disney said no because kids need cartoons in their movies.

I'm not blaming JJ for Maz, yet.
>>
>>64474236
agree on most of these (specially early rey stuff)

why did she put the helmet? was it so i'd go "aww cutie"?
>>
>>64472812
It sucks because it's the same scene as Hawkeye shooting down the alien ship in Avengers without looking except done even shittier. Fuck Disney and assembly line writing.
>>
>>64473981
Think about it like this:

A couple guys rob a bank, and steal a ton of cash. the cops know the vehicles license plate number and that the guys have bags of cash. One of the thiefs suggests going to a bar nearby, where the owner might be able to hook them up with a different car. They park outside the bar, and expecting this to go pretty quickly, bring the bags of cash in with them. Not wanting to overinvolve himself, the bar owner makes the thieves explain everything, taking longer than expected. While this is happening, an off-duty cop at the bar reports what he sees. Pretty soon the place is swarming with cops so the thieves' only getaway choice us the car they originally drove in.
>>
>>64473900
Why does Han takes Chewbacca and Finn to a critical mission such as sabotaging the Starkiller's shields? He took an entire team of rebel soldiers for Endor.

Why is Han piloting a damn big Star Destroyer sized ship and finds the Falcon near Jakku, yet the Falcon isn't chase by yet another squadron of TIE Fighters or a Star Destroyer? We know a Star Destroyer was near Jakku at the beginning of the movie. We know the TIE Fighters which were chasing the Falcon on Jakku were warned after a pair of stormtrooopers found BB8. We know the Falcon was chased by Star Destroyers after leaving Tatooine, because the officers onboard were informed by local stormtroopers who were searching for R2D2 and C3PO. So why this time the Falcon can be found by Han himself (and Han's freighter by a pair of smuggler mobs) but the First Orden can't?
>>
it was a cool moment
it's not like suddenly the movie was ruined and hans character was forever raped
>>
>>64474092
I thought it was a good film
>>
>>64474327

It actually makes sense with Hawkeye, since it's kind of hard to show superpowered accuracy when it's not that difficult for a real life person to hit a moving target with a bow and arrow.

Maybe the reason it was in TFA is that Han is secretly Snoke
>>
>>64474371
how is that cool? it's a wayans satire moment
>>
>Pilots taking out individual soldiers

They don't shoot the soldiers, they shoot the ground, I know the game sucks but in the new Battlefront most of my aerial kills are strafing enemies on the ground.
>>
>>64474408
i can see the camrip now, the blasts are on the chest
>>
>>64474371

I can see how it'd be cool if you were still a kid and had never seen an action movie before.
>>
>>64474271

>not going out of your way to whine about trivial bullshit like a retarded tantruming autist with no concept of objectivity of logic means you don't like anything

I've just noticed that OT fans tend to be really, really bad people. Double standards, extremely creepy, aggressive criticisms of the same shit they love in their garbage unintentional comedy OT, delusions, and much more. That Han no-look shot is a perfect example. I bet you loved the part in the OT where he flies through an asteroid field despite there being no chance of survival, didn't you you retarded sperg?
>>
>>64474337
Han is no longer a general.

The other side of the planet.

Anything else?
>>
>>64474455
>sperg
in a angry blog post
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>>64474371
>hans
>>
>>64474317
It was a direct parallel to the ANH sunset scene you pleb.
>>
>>64474455
>OT fans tend to be really, really bad people
you take this personally. Did your big brother whos a OT fan gave you a wedgie?
>>
>>64474129

How did the First Order found the location of the Resistance planet in the movie anyway? Wasn't Han's visit to Maz made by the purpose of NOT ALLOWING the First Order to track them?
>>
>>64474401
It was a fun little moment for Han, not like Star Wars is some grounded in reality series.
Luke hitting the reactor to the deathstar is way less believable than Han blind hitting a trooper running right at him
>>
>>64474513
she dreamed of being a pilot but her uncle needs an extra hand?

the binary sunset is her looking at the old woman and being conflicted about waiting forever
>>
>>64474317
she puts on a rebel helmet, so you see she wants to be a resistance pilot of some sorts one day. So the flying of the Millenium Falcon is justified
And some anons said that on the helmet are the letters RHEI or some shit like that so that mind wipe theory could be plausible (but I don't like it)

Oh and ofcourse it is so you'd go "aww cutie"
>>
>>64474455
lmao dude
>>
>>64474455
this tbph
>>
>>64472812
Han Solo confirmed Force sensitive.

Bravo JewJew
>>
>>64474518
Yes but then a seedy bar goer phoned it in and they had to resort to going back into the Falcon.

Did you not watch the movie?
>>
>>64474518

The Resistance beelined straight for their home base because they were short on time so it was easy to track
>>
>>64473680
>luke's lightsaber from V is in VII

Why is that so ridiculous exactly?
>>
>>64474518
Because the falcon was marked yet due to the battle Han was forced to take it to the resistance planet anyway
>>
>>64474545
she doesnt want to be a resistence pilot, what the hell dude?

stop making us who enjoyed tfa retards who need to make shit up
>>
>>64474515

I'm just calling it like I see it. All of the schizophrenic-tier criticisms in this thread are coming from OT fans. You can tell by their use of language and their failure to grasp even the simplest nuances of the English language. I really take great pleasure in knowing all of you are going to die lonely and unloved. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you browsed /pol/; you're that stupid.
>>
One of the worst things about the movie for me was that there was no real tension or sense of danger in any of the scenes except for the lightsaber fight at the very end. The goddamn garbage masher scene in ANH had more suspense in it than anything in TFA.
>>
>>64474620
I would largely agree, but Han confronting Kylo was pretty tense imo.
>>
>>64474603
>You can tell by their use of language and their failure to grasp even the simplest nuances of the English language.
jesus lord, you ARE an autist
>>
>>64474461
Why does it matter that Han is no longer a general?

The entire Resistance is run by Leia.
The Resistance itself exists because a bunch of people took the First Order as an actual thread. Why wouldn't give Han freaking Solo all the resources he could use?

How is the Falcon leaving the planet from the other side if Rey lives a mere hours of distance from the local town when that old guy with a part of Luke's map resides? Why did Luke leave Rey so close to that old man, anyway?
>>
>>64474620
>implying the interrogation scene with Kylo and Rey didn't have tension
>implying the build up to Han's death didn't have tension, and obviously danger
>>
>>64474539
Han learned the ways of blind firing in tattoine
>>
>>64474603
>I really take great pleasure in knowing all of you are going to die lonely and unloved. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you browsed /pol/; you're that stupid.
are you some male feminist sperg attacking the "anti rey sexists" or something?
>>
>>64474093
I like this meme. Gonna meme this around for a while desu-senpai.
>>
>>64474665
Han ditched because he upset about his son. He didnt want to be part of the resistance anymore. He wanted to go back to "the only thing he was ever any good at." This was also explained clearly.
>>
>>64474665
the old man is the leader of a Force Church, so it's possible that he was watching over her without her knowing it
>>
The worst part was when Han nodded towards Rey in the window and Fin was like 'watchuu mean breh?'
>>
>>64474455
>I've just noticed that OT fans tend to be really, really bad people.
wow you're really team tfa huh? not creepy at all to make this some personal nerd war
>>64474561
subtle samefagging there
>>
>>64474579

The lightsaber falls down a hole off into Bespin and Luke makes another one.
>>
>>64472812
>Same as fighter pilots taking out individual soldiers.

The guns on the new x-wings are computer controlled and target independent of one another.
>>
>>64474776
We don't know if it fell into Bespin. One of those hairy midgets probably found it in the depths of cloud city or something.
>>
>>64474776
She said she has a story for another time about how she got it.

I guess I just took that at face value.
>>
>>64474776
not him but so? maz says "it's a story for another time"

the only bad thing about it's that its lost in V represents Luke losing his dad's lightsaber as well as the image of his dad and his whole self, his purpose (while gaining a new one) etc
>>
>>64474576
Why would the Resistance fly straight to their base? The Rebels only did that when they thought they would have an easy and quick win, otherwise they never used straight paths.

Why is so important for the Resistance to make the Falcon join their fleet? Why couldn't Han gave BB8 to Leia and leave them, at least for a short time?

How was the Falcon marked anyway? They put a signal when the ship was parked in the Death Star. But in Jakku, the ship was just in a junkyard.
>>
>>64474837
>>64474840
>it's a story for another time

100000000000% that story is only ever told in a comic book story even worse than the old EU
>>
>>64474234
That's exactly what it was. If you want to be delusional then good for you.

The whole thing is an exercise in pandering and fan service.
>>
>>64474856
han marked it, it was far off and it set off when it started to fly

that bit is ok, the problem is in how it's told and the pace
>>
Yep, when i saw this scene i couldnt belive what i just saw. I told my gf that we are leaving and left the cinema. Sorry for bad english i am european
>>
>>64474856

>Why would the Resistance fly straight to their base?

Because the capital was blown away and they had to gather all their remaining forces to attack Starkiller Base. Think before you shitpost at least.
>>
>>64474776
The lightsaber did not fall into bespin. If you watch the bluray you will clearly see the thing falling with luke out the bottom of cloud city is not the hand+lightsaber.
>>
>>64472926

>muh immersion

Han solo does these things.
>>
>>64472812
He's got a little bit of the force in him, well really everyone does.
>>
>>64474962
let's see your examples where you break it down like an autistic sperg "well technically no one would be able to do this thing in the OT"
>>
>>64474957

Where did it go? I'm pretty sure it went down the hole before (SPOILER ALERT) Darth tell Luke he's his father.
>>
>>64474731
I GOT THAT, and that's what I'm not saying.

What I am saying is that it doesn't matter if Han is not a general, because this time Leia is running the Resistance. And even if she isn't, there's also Admiral Acbkar in the background.

Why is Maz saying the Resistance needs Han, and when Han finally joins the fight they didn't suggest him to infiltrate the Starkiller with a team like he did in Endor? The fate of the Resistance and the entire galaxy relies on Han's shoulders? Why does he takes Chewbie and Finn as his only companions in the mission?
>>
>>64474970
THATS NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS
>>
File: MCQ-mccruiser.jpg (2 MB, 2279x1019) Image search: [Google]
MCQ-mccruiser.jpg
2 MB, 2279x1019
Why is the entire fleet of a galaxy spanning republic a few x-wings and one freighter?

What happened to all the squid cruisers?
>>
>>64473887
It was still far better; it felt like its own film. There was clearly an attention to world building and the pacing felt like Star Wars. There was also some nice cinematography.

Then it became frenetic nostalgia bullshit.
>>
>>64475025
>i literally never made the connection to squids
wow
>>
What's so bad about that scene?

Looked like typical Han to me.
>>
>>64475013
A different place than luke went. That was a big fucking hole. Could've gone anywhere.
>>
>>64475025
you could also ask why the new republic just let the new order build a superweapon hundreds of times larger and far more advanced than the death stars that was capable of destroying their core star systems through hyperspace
>>
>>64474928
Fucking autist top Kek
>>
>>64475065
>>64474962
samebait
>>
>>64475017
Leia explains han is needed to get their son back. He takes a small team because Finn knows details about the base and a larger group runs the risk of being caught and exposing their plans.
>>
File: VHS-SSD.jpg (26 KB, 720x330) Image search: [Google]
VHS-SSD.jpg
26 KB, 720x330
>>64475084
Also why would they build one giant death star instead of 3000 Super Star Destroyers anyway?

They had to know death stars are total crap by now.
>>
>>64475084
>leaving your brain turned on

wtfayds
>>
>>64475086
you realize it's someone falseflaging "i agree with you guys because x, people who think this is the dumb"
>>
>>64475023
Tell that to Kanji Klub
>>
>>64473304
Because he can't possibly have learned anything from getting wrecked the first time

And he lands a hit on a guy with a gaping wound in his side, before getting sliced the fuck up. Kylo was playing with him even with the wound, and he wasn't aiming to kill Rey either since Snoke wanted her
>>
>>64475097
Stay mad, that scene fits well into the context of the character.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x172) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x172
>>64472838
>I like everything
>noticing things makes you an autistic
>just enjoy your popcorn anon

Millennials seem to have a problem with people who notice things that make a movie or book or video game etc...shit. Like they've been trained to accept any fucking thing that comes their way I'll gladly call myself autistic if that's now synonymous with being observant.
>>
Will Thrawn be in the next movie?
>>
File: fact.png (69 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
69 KB, 348x348
>>64473900
Love it when anons instead of refuting a number of points presented by another anon, instead say 'you only back up your claim with n number of reasons' and dismiss the whole argument
>>
>>64472883
>not an ultra edgy badass
>shooting a bounty hunter in cold blood before he has even chance to defend himself
kek.
>>
File: 1310418729617.jpg (26 KB, 190x170) Image search: [Google]
1310418729617.jpg
26 KB, 190x170
>>64474236
>TR-8R
>>
>>64475230
Greedo shot first ;^)
>>
>>64473909
>>64474455
>bad people
how nerdy does a person have to be to imagine "people runing your film with talky talk" as some evil in their life taking away their toys
>>
>>64475037
Jakku scenes
>focus on showing Rey's character without unnecessary dialogue
>wide-angle shots and slow pans, well-composed and good use of lighting
>music focuses on a new theme (Rey's theme) with more sentimental, emotional tone
>slower pace
>less CGI, beautiful and interesting new twist on familiar settings (ship graveyard and Rey's home in the wreck)

Everything after
>Exposition and quips, character development put aside or done through one-liners
>close-ups, constantly moving camera and frequent cuts
>music mainly just references old themes without really introducing anything new or putting a new spin on them, Kylo Ren has a bombastic but generic brass fanfare that isn't developed much
>frenetic pace, constant dull action scenes
>CGI creatures, settings are just generic "jungle planet + cantina" or "ice planet + totally-not-death-star"

It's like they're two different films.
>>
>>64474317
Notice that nobody cared who she was until she put it on.
It's like poetry.
>>
>>64475124
the same reason hitler kept funding shit like this
>>
>>64475023
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THE FORCE WORKS
>>
>>64475230
did he also appeared suddenly behind someone with a katana?
>>
>>64475310
I KNOW IT PENETRATES ME
>>
>>64474948
What I'm trying to say is that why is everyone in the Republic so incompetent.

Why was all the Republic fleet stationed in the galactic capital?

And if the fleet wasn't completely destroyed, why aren't they joining the battle against Starkiller Base?

Doesn't also realize that no one at Starkiller knew the location of their planet? What was them preventing the Falcon from flying to the Resistance planet and then joining the Resistance fleet at Starkiller? Or very close to Starkiller?

The Falcon joined the Rebel fleet after the Yavin IV battle had already begun. Nothing prevented the Falcon to do it again this time.

The only difference is that Starkiller creates its own planetary shield, instead of a remote shield generator being installed near the battlestation. But it doesn't matter they can't attack the station, because the station itself can't destroy their base, unless the Falcon joins them.
>>
>>64472812
>>64472883
>>64473342

This is just too true. I remember now that I shook my head in disbelief then but soon forgot it due to how dumb everything else in the movie was.
>>
>>64475176
Dude turn your brain off it's just a movie :^)
>>
I feel like Kylo was mlre likeable than Rey.

>fucked up family/coke-addict mother
>tonnes of pressure to please his master
>looks like an autist
>isn't even good with a lightsaber
Kylo could have had proper development and a learning curve, unlike Rey who is just lolmindcontrol.
>>
>>64473144
Kek

>>64475306
>You will never drive a P-1500 to work
>>
>>64475290
Yeah. Agree.
>>
>>64475409
He's not more likeable, he's just far more interesting.
>>
>>64472838
>>64473159
"what, were you expecting to like this or something, kid? heh.

now pls shut up so i can keep loving this with all my heart"
>>
>>64472838
>Most people didn't really care. Most people aren't autistic.

>implying anyone who complains at all is mentally ill.

This train of thought is damaging to all discussion. It's the laziest ad homenim fallacy.
>>
>>
>>64475115
And how exactly a person who is professionally trained to be a soldier only to be assigned janitor only to be sent later to a critical mission would know critical information about Starkiller?

How exactly a small team of soldiers is riskier than only sending the heroes this time, but thirty years earlier it was completely fine? Even C3PO and Leia joined the Endor team.
>>
>>64472812
It could have been a lot worse: Disney singing score complete with choreography.
>>
>>64475176
Try watching blockbuster "movies" while texting and surfing reddit. If you're not paying attention, you miss all the little pieces that traditionally tied a film together, and you catch brief sections broken up by the shift to and from your phone screen. When sectioned off, you no longer notice that none of the pieces fit quite right, and only notice the mosaic.
>>
File: xywing.jpg (408 KB, 2839x2063) Image search: [Google]
xywing.jpg
408 KB, 2839x2063
Do you guys get the feeling that it would have helped if Disney kept George Lucas on to spot bad decisions like the one in the OP during production?
>>
>>64475554
it's specially dumb because of the implication that you're expecting too much out of a fun kiddy movie, so shut up and let me keep loving this

it feels like back during the prequel days. "it was always silly, now let me love this in a serious non-silly way now"
>>
>>64475578
>And how exactly a person who is professionally trained to be a soldier only to be assigned janitor only to be sent later to a critical mission would know critical information about Starkiller?
He lied about that to get to Rey.
>>
>>64475622
No because it has not been a bad decision. A bit cheesy perhaps but entirely fitting for Han
>>
>>64475290
>quips

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, the goddamned quips! Why the fuck are Whedon and JJ so obsessed with "clever" characters? It'd be one thing if they were actually clever, but it always comes off as the shit a fedora wearing hipster-beard thinks a cool person would say, playing out like one of their self-aggrandizing daydreams.
>>
THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS!
>>
>>64474334
Why would Maz intentionally waste time to allow the First Order to find them?

Why wouldn't Maz make some actions to prevent then from being found by a First Order agent?

Why would Han fucking Solo to be so stupid to not grasp this?

Why is Maz running a bar anyway?
>>
File: ManlyOnesy.jpg (120 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
ManlyOnesy.jpg
120 KB, 600x844
>>64475635
>He lied about that to get to Rey.
What? No. He said he was stationed on the Totally-not-Deathstar. When Han asked him just what his duties were he said he was a janitor, meaning that he was a janitor but lied about being more important so the resistance would let him go. After all that he's still a curious soldier to send on the super cereal mission to capture not-R2D2.
>>
How is Han only noticing Chewie's gun in that scene? Didn't Chewie have it for decades?
>>
>>64475707
i was actually really glad Rey wasnt this, because people who write this way usually have to make every woman into some quip-badass-above-it-all (who take nothing seriously) so they can feel not-sexist and like strong men who can handle "strong" bitchy women

this movie was not that bad in that regard, it was mostly poe in that first scene
>>
>>64475868
Did Chewie ever use it in the OT?
>>
>>64474455
>I bet you loved the part in the OT where he flies through an asteroid field despite there being no chance of survival, didn't you you retarded sperg?

C3PO pls go
>>
>>64475868
>How is Han only noticing Chewie's gun in that scene?
How else was JJ going to subtly show that the bowcaster was powerful as shit? Just have Chewie blow shit up with it, or have one of the new cast that aren't actually familiar with it comment? That's stupid.

>Didn't Chewie have it for decades?
What's your point? Maybe Han never say Chewie use it...well outside of the entire OT where Chewie uses it all the fucking time, and all the implied times he'd been through shit with Chewbacca before...
>>
>>64475635
Which is fucking awful writing.

So the place they go to blow up the thermal regulator, or whatever, IS IN THE SAME SPOT ON A PLANET SIZED SHIP AS THE ESCAPED-ON-FOOT-PRISONER?

Why is the base WHICH HAS AN ENTIRE PLANET TO OPERATE ON the size of Mall of America?
>>
>>64474455
I particularly enjoyed the flight physics in that scene.

So real.
>>
>>64475290
I knew I couldn't be the only one

Quality went to shit once han solo entered the movie
>>
>>64475635
Ah, yeah, I forgot that. My mistake.
That still doesn't explain why didn't Han take a small force. Or why didn't Han react towards Finn lying.

The younger Han would have really being pissed by a kid endangering their lifes for such a stupid reason.

Even if they were already at Starkiller and thus being forced to complete their mission, why wouldn't Han be a little more suspicious towards Finn?

In fact, didn't he say "listen, big fish, you have another problem. Women always find the truth. Always" to Finn earlier before meeting Maz?

Why would Han believe Finn's story about being a janitor later?
>>
File: 1451700523462.jpg (3 MB, 3280x4640) Image search: [Google]
1451700523462.jpg
3 MB, 3280x4640
>>64475634
>"it was always silly, now let me love this in a serious non-silly way now"
with an extra paint of "i'm way more of a chill lord than you, kid"

you're being too autistic nerdy and taking this seriously and it isnt allowing me to be nerdy and take this autistically serious
>>
>>64472812
I actually don't remember that scene you're talking about. Can you explain it again?
>>
>>64475927
>yfw you realize Chewie did more in this movie than in all of the others counted together
>>
File: ohhan.jpg (60 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
ohhan.jpg
60 KB, 300x279
Are you punks feeling lucky?
>>
>>64473369
>energetic style worked wonders to replicate the feel
No, not at all. Abrams camera work is easily the worst part of the movie for me. No focus, constantly jerking around, way too kinetic. It's awful.
>>
>>64476013
>In fact, didn't he say "listen, big fish, you have another problem. Women always find the truth. Always" to Finn earlier before meeting Maz?
He did. Which was annoying cuz he was just like "I know this dude is lying, but I don't care about his true motives and trust him completely! I'm going to trust his actions without thinking"
>>
>>64475863
Well he has proven his worth several times, it does not seem unlikely to send him.
>>
>>64475707
That's the thing, I don't understand it. Even Star Trek 2009 wasn't quippy.
>>
>>64475927
He did. It was as powerful as any other blaster.

This time is far more powerful for some reason, yet Han only finds out at the same time we the spectators are looking at them.
>>
Why are people being so anal about this film? It's a Star Wars film, did you expect some sort of masterpiece?
>>
File: Comrade Bunny.jpg (24 KB, 338x310) Image search: [Google]
Comrade Bunny.jpg
24 KB, 338x310
>>64474455
>I bet you loved the part in the OT where he flies through an asteroid field despite there being no chance of survival

You mean the part where they flew just far enough in to hide in a large asteroid before flying back out? Yeah. I also loved that it was considered fucking crazy and the sort of thing that only a mad, seasoned, ace pilot with thousands of hours in his ship would attempt.

I mean, that's completely comparable to a girl with no formal training, running into a barely functioning ship that had been sitting for years, and proceeding to fly through the skeletal frame of crashed star destroyers, while fucking engaged in a dogfight with SIGNIFICANTLY smaller and more nimble craft. Right?
>>
>>64476225
99% of the complaints are only nitpicks, too. The film is really solid overall
>>
>>64476193
Bowcaster v2? Chewie upgraded his gun without telling han
>>
>>64476225

>>64475554
>>64475634
>>64476053
>"it was always silly, now let me love this in a serious non-silly way now"
>>
File: 1451910558059-1.jpg (468 KB, 1017x1060) Image search: [Google]
1451910558059-1.jpg
468 KB, 1017x1060
>>64473159
kek

obvious redditor spotted
>>
>>64476225
Do not underestimate the autism of SW fanboys.
>>
>>64476013
Well he was pissed at him and told him so. But what else is he supposed to do right now.
>>
>>64476139
So if he knows the kid's full of shit, why allowing him to lie to everybody? Why putting everyone at risk and not taking a small force?

And if he truly believed him, why did he only took Finn and Chewbacca?

It still doesn't make sense.
>>
>>64476312
>>64476261
>noticing a dumb scene and making you feel like you shouldnt go off on every EU shit and new star wars autism is autism
>>
>>64476165
It was fairly quipy. The issue with Abrams writing is that you can ALWAYS tell who his favorite character is because he exclusively writes self-insert Mary Sues.

In Star Trek OS, Kirk is the series protagonist with an excellent ensemble crew. In Abrams Trek, Spock is clearly and by far the protagonist(even with the story opening with Kirk it's clear that Spock is the central focus. So much so, that Kirk's love interest from OS, Uhura, is rewritten as Spock's love interest). Spock is the cleverest, bravest, strongest, "sexiest" character.

In Star Wars it's overwhelmingly obvious that Abrams chose Rey.
>>
>>64476360
He just knew that that guy was a former stormtrooper, not that he did not know shit.
They even gave a reason why only so few people are going, but I don't remember it right now.
>>
>>64476292
Stop being childish. Star Wars is a fun, action packed series of films, not a flawless film series. It has always been, from the beginning. That is the franchise people always loved and that attracts so many fans.

>>now let me love this in a serious non-silly way now
Autism. Why can't people enjoy a film despite its mistakes?
>>
File: pLTCk2O.gif (2 MB, 320x165) Image search: [Google]
pLTCk2O.gif
2 MB, 320x165
>>64475529
stop taking this seriously so i can take this seriously and buy all the toys and know every new galaxy detail and every politics and every senator in every planet
>>
>>64476225
>Why are people being so anal about this film? It's a Star Wars film

Its a Star Wars film made by DISNEY.

Disney has so much money, they could hire an army of Star Wars experts to work on the film to make sure there are no stupid mistakes.

INSTEAD we get a Stormtrooper that can block a lightsaber with a stun baton. This is BLATANT sloppy film-making. Star Wars has been around for 40 years, such mistakes are unforgivable.

People pointing out mistakes in The Force Awakens have a legitimate reason to do so. You cant just say "autism" and brush it off, some of the mistakes made in the movie should have never of happened.
>>
>>64476292
I watched the old trilogy right before I went to see TFA.
It's pretty much the same silliness, which makes the comments on /tv/ all the more ridiculous.
I wonder how they would have felt about the original movies, especially ROTJ
>>
>>64476426
really? i dont know one person who thought spock wasnt just a boring asshole in those films with the exception of his deadpan autism jokes (and even there he was just a bazing nerd).
>>
>>64476507
>INSTEAD we get a Stormtrooper that can block a lightsaber with a stun baton.

This is noting new, this has been the case in the prequels too, i.e. legitimate canon.
>>
>>64472812

I liked it you fucking faggots.

>muh realism
>muh suspension of disbelief
>muh contrarian values
>muh buzzwords
>>
>>64476507
>INSTEAD we get a Stormtrooper that can block a lightsaber with a stun baton.
I mean the technology for weapons that can block lightsabers has been around since the clone wars. Why not have them?
>>
>>64476507
>there are mistakes
No one is saying they don't exist. It's just that it's not like it's a big deal.
Every Star Wars movie has a mistake here and there, people are used to that. It's a silly action movie.

Come on, this isn't that hard to grasp.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.