[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching TFA >This reminds me of... Marvel >Shrug it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: watchingtfa.gif (567 KB, 295x207) Image search: [Google]
watchingtfa.gif
567 KB, 295x207
>Watching TFA
>This reminds me of... Marvel
>Shrug it off with a smile
>Poe brought up to Kylo
>"YOU TALK, OR I TALK? xD"
>mfw
>>
I literally fucking sighed audibly.
>>
>>64470183
Heard there were some other groaners throughout
>>
That line caught me off guard and I actually chuckled. I suppose I should start posting on reddit now along with everyone else on /tv/
>>
>>64470251
Same here desu senpai
>>
>>64470239
Basically every other line by Poe.
They should have cast RDJ for the part.
>>
yeah I felt the same way

also that bit between Han and Finn where Han is nodding over Finn's shoulder to get him to look at Rey and then Finn does the whole "um what is *this* (motions his head rapidly) thing you're doing???"

that was painful to watch
>>
but /tv/ told me Lawrence Kasdan is what made the OT good
why was his script in TFA shit
>>
>THE FORCE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT! xD

In hindsight, it was funny, but very Marvel.
>>
>>64470295
>They should have cast RDJ for the part.
GOOD CALL

SHIT CHARACTER, SHIT LINES, DELIVERED SHITTILY

WHATS A SHAME IS OSCAR ISAAC IS ACTUALLY A GOOD ACTOR, BUT YOU'D NEVER GUESS IF YOU ONLY SAW HIM IN THIS TFA SHITFLICK
>>
>>64470330
Go look at Kasdan's record from the early 90s to 2012. He's washed up, sadly. Especially now that he decided to shoot first drafts and without a strong plan of attack.

The dude is crazy, but he doesn't care.

Source: http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/2008/09/how-they-write-script-lawrence-kasdan.html
>>
>>64470332
How the fuck would Dead Solo know how the force works? He doesn't even believe in it.
>>
File: 1450162854685.jpg (21 KB, 920x519) Image search: [Google]
1450162854685.jpg
21 KB, 920x519
>>64470336
Kinda like someone else we know.
>>
File: 1447902951993.png (170 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1447902951993.png
170 KB, 540x960
>>64470330
>Kasdan
>>
>>64470371
he was always a hack
he had more freedom in RotJ and screwed it up
>>
>>64470380
he explicitly admits that he acknowledges the existence of the force m8

"it's all true"
>>
>>64470380
That's why it made me cringe hard in the theater. But then again, he does have experience in seeing Force powers because of Luke (and I wish, Leia).

But knowing the intricate details and knowing how to use it? Ehh, nah.
>>
>>64470133

That made no sense. He saw dozens of people getting killed and the first thing he said when captured is "you talk or I talk" with a smug face?
>>
>>64470440
>He saw dozens of people getting killed and the first thing he said when captured is "you talk or I talk" with a smug face?

The fact that he's cool under pressure is fine, it fits his character. The cringe came from the line itself.
>>
>>64470415
>admits
>It's all true
That line makes no sense if its meant to serve that context and not confirming Rey's disbelief then.

But then again, why is the Force and the Jedi legend tales? Even during the time when the Jedi were near extinct, you had army men saying "May the Force be with you."

I've always thought it was universal knowledge.
>>
What if Chris Pratt was Poe instead
>>
>>64470330

He was surrounded by Yes Men. It's like poetry, in the end, he was the victim of the same problem that afflicted George Lucas.
>>
>>64470494
CHRIS PRATT SHOULDA BEEN RAY
>>
>>64470494
>*Kylo ignites lightsaber and charges at Poe*
>Poe: WHOA, WHOA DUDE! STOP! OK? JUST STOP, LIKE MAN
>Kylo freezes, tilts his head at him.
>Poe: DANCE OFF BRO, YOU AND ME
>>
>>64470380

>Han Solo doesn't believe in it

literally the most iconic quote of the entire series is Han Solo saying "May the force be with you" to Luke
>>
>>64470402

What's the context of that pic?
>>
>>64470551
Seriously. I've thought it was universal knowledge. A lot know it exists, but they don't know how to use it or why.
>>
>>64470465

>The fact that he's cool under pressure is fine, it fits his character.

Except that he screamed when the old guy was struck by Kylo Ren a few seconds before he was captured. He clearly isn't in control, or he would silently ackowledge the death of that old man.
>>
>>64470494

He wouldn't be Poe, since he's already going to be young Han Solo for the 2018 "Han Solo: A Star Wars Anthology" movie.
>>
>>64470593
A mentor figure vs. a crowd of nobodies who he probably sees die all the time.
>>
>>64470415
Han Solo knows the Force exists. He's just doesn't believe it in because he's Han Solo. He doesn't need to "admit" anything, unless he's answering Rey's doubts.
>>
>>64470566
Spielberg, Lucas and Kasdan spitballing about Raiders

There's a PDF of the whole thing, just search "Raiders story conference"
>>
>>64470402
Hahahaha, holy shit this can't be real. Reminds me of those Jared Leto Joker quotes.
>>
>>64470402
Where's that from?
>>
>MCU has giant floating gummy bear heads nobody gives a shit about as the big bad guys
>TFA has a giant floating gummy bear head with a scar nobody gives a shit about as the bad guy
It's like poetry. I can't wait for the MCU/Star Wars crossover movie in 2020.
>>
>>64470402
BASED SPIELBERG

INDIANA JONES WHIPPING WOMEN INTO HIS ARMS

GLORIOUS HOLLYWOOD PATRIARCHY
>>
>>64470402
Lucas speaking the most sense.
>>
>>64470620

But he will look older than Han did in ANH, it won't make any sense.
>>
>>64470795
He's a sharp guy but for some reason people think needing to get reeled back down to Earth sometimes means you're a colossal retard with no talent
>>
>>64470133
Yeah, my heart sank when I heard that. A few other lines were just groaners
>>
Tell thatta candy club.
>>
to be honest, I didnt like it the first viewing either but going in knowing what kind of character poe is and knowing ren gets the last laugh with him, I really dont mind it at all
>>
>>64471982
my first viewing I hated that one line from poe, which I dont anymore. but the other two I still dislike are finn and rey telling each other how awesome they are and finn imitating han. I ahve nothing against humor, not even against that kind of humor at all, but those were just lines where it was too much
>>
>Not DC
>She with you? MMM BOYS
XDD
>>
>>64470183
During the part where they were hyping up to go fight the starkiller base I just slumped back in the chair and the people around me looked at me like "whats that guy's problem". I don't think I've ever actually truly been disappointed by a movie like I was with this soulless piece of crap.
>>
Shut thhe fuck up
>>
>>64470133
Same here. I knew it was going to be "that type of movie" as soon as Poe delivered that line.
>>
>>64472815
>finn and rey telling each other how awesome they are
God that felt so fake.
>>
>>64473082
the upside for me is that I first watched it in my native language because there were very few OT screenings and all those cringe lines were MUCH worse. after having heard hem in english I dont even mind them that much anymore, but this was still the worst
>>
>>64473137
I meant OV not OT
>>
>>64473082
I cringed so hard at that scene I wanted to leave the fucking theatre.

>Hits him with her stick
>Stop touching me I'm le stonk womyn I need to wait on Jakku

2 scenes later
>OH MY GOD YOU WERE SO COOL XDDD THAT WAS AWASOME XDDD CAN I CHOKE ON YOUR BLACK DINGUS?
>>
Was Ray racist since she immidiatly started beating Finn when cuckball said he was a thief?
>>
>>64473509
no. do I have to point out why or do you get it yourself?
>>
>>64470133
You guys saying TFA felt like a marvel movie are retarded. I re-watched ANH the day before I saw TFA, and the humor was very similar. TFA definitely had it's flaws, but having le reddit and marvel tier humor wasn't one of them.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.