[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did 300 let himself get killed in the end? [
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 300.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
So why did 300 let himself get killed in the end? [
>>
To show that even a god can bleed.
>>
How good is the sequel?
>>
>>64468887
It's pretty good since Eva Green is a slut in it
>>
>>64468828
History, the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for the Greek city states to unite against the invading Persians. Leonidas was getting that by his sacrifice they would rally around the cause to stang against Xerxys , so while no single Greek state could defeat the Persian horde, a small band of free Greeks stood up to them and blunted their army of millions.

Then it happened again at sea and this inspired them further to rally and defeat their invadors.

Literally it is where we get that idea of "where I fall a hundred more will take my place."
>>
>>64469122
Fucking phone keyboard, betting, stand, fuck me.
>>
>>64468887
same film but longer, more epic and less character development
and eva green is awesome as the lead villain
and this
>>64468926

I genuinely have a theory that if someone would take the time to edit the two films into one, it'd be one of the greatest epics of all time
but...
>>
I think 300 is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills persians and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
File: greece.png (82 KB, 810x824) Image search: [Google]
greece.png
82 KB, 810x824
>>64469122
>History, the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for the Greek city states to unite against the invading Persians.
Nope.
>>
File: yi_soon_shin_comic1.gif (95 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
yi_soon_shin_comic1.gif
95 KB, 399x600
>>64469245
Speaking of historical epics does anyone else want to see Admiral Yi get a 300-esq Hollywood movie?

Well barring that "it will fail because it's not about white people."
>>
File: leonidas.jpg (26 KB, 799x336) Image search: [Google]
leonidas.jpg
26 KB, 799x336
MY QUEEN
*smacks lips*
MY WIFE
my love...
>>
>>64469320
What are you trying to get at friend?.

Please elaborate your point.
>>
>>64468887
It tried to be like the first one, but it wasn't half as good
>>
>>64468887
nowhere near as good as the first
>>
>>64469547
Maybe watching shirtless oiled men is your intellectual limit.

>the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for the Greek city states to unite against the invading Persians
>the battle took place simultaneously with the more famous land battle at Thermopylae... and was fought between an alliance of Greek city-states

>while no single Greek state could defeat the Persian horde, a small band of free Greeks stood up to them and blunted their army of millions.
>The first Persian invasion of Greece... began in 492BC and ended with the decisive Athenian victory at the Battle of Marathon
>>
>>64469453
No. Fuck worst Korea
>>
>>64469692
Nothing that guy said contradicts your post. The battle of Thermopylae and the naval battle were both examples to the Greek states. They both featured a clash between a massive Persian army and a small Greek force.

The invasion of Darius was thrown back into the sea and had the added bonus of killing the Persian king. .
>>
>>64469992
>Nothing that guy said contradicts your post.
He said the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for the Greek city states to unite against the invading Persians. But the Greek city states were already united against the invading Persians. If they weren't, why were there multiple Greek city states (Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Thebes, etc.) represented both at Thermopylae and at Artemisium?

>The invasion of Darius was thrown back into the sea
Yeah, by the Athenians. Which rather contradicts his argument that the Spartans, ten years later, were showing the Greeks for the first time that they could stand up to the Persians.

>the added bonus of killing the Persian king.
Nope. You're probably confusing Darius I, the Persian king, with Datis, the Persian commander at Marathon.
>>
>>64470443
Why do all those dune coons have similar names...

He said the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for achieving a Greek unity, not that it hadn't happened before, and that a king willing to sacrifice himself sends a much more powerful message that soldiers and sailors sent to die by their leadership.

I wonder why they didn't point out that Sparta was a state ruled by 2 Kings. Maybe just simplified storytelling.
>>
>>64468828
1: His death would be symbolic and cement the events in history as a triumph of Spartan will. This is absolutely true--even today most people aren't aware that the Spartans were the smallest force of Greeks at the Hot Gates.

2: There was no escape, only surrender or death. Sparta surrendering would sorta undermined the point of fighting the battle in the first place.

3: Dying in battle is basically their religion.
>>
>>64470678
>He said the battle of Thermopylae was the catalyst for achieving a Greek unity,
So why were the Spartans fighting with a Greek army at Thermopylae, while a Greek fleet fought a second battle right off the coast? If it was the catalyst for unity, why did Thebes send troops to Thermopylae and then defect to the Persians for the Plataean campaign the following year?

>I wonder why they didn't point out that Sparta was a state ruled by 2 Kings.
Same reason that they didn't make Leonidas 60, or have the Spartans fight in an actual phalanx, or show the presence of other Greek troops both in the battle and in the final rearguard action, or point out that after Thermopylae the Persians rampaged through Boetia before the Athenians stopped them at Salamis. The problem is not with the film, but people who treat the film as history.
>>
>>64471051

It seems there is intelligence in this board after all.
>>
300 men*

*slaves were not considered men, leonidas had a shitload of them fighting with them
>>
>>64468828
d-did you just call leonidas "300"?
>>
>>64469453

Except the nips still landed and fucked shit up until Toyotomi died and then it was a race to see who would rule Japan.
If Toyotomi wasn't an old geezer at the time China and Korea would speak nip today.
>>
MADNESS?
>>
>>64473314
Yeah, that's what it says on the title
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.