[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /tv/ related things people say that immediately makes you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (969 KB, 1412x1444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
969 KB, 1412x1444
ITT: /tv/ related things people say that immediately makes you disregard their opinions.
>>
>master and commander is in my top 10 films ever
>>
>>64468417
>Dude [insert capeshit of the month of big flick] was really good
>>
>My favourite movie is [something less than 10 years old]
>>
>the prequels were good
>>
>>64468437
Well as long as that's a top 10 personal favourites that's perfectly fine.

Master and commander is a typical example of an extremely engaging and entertaining film where every aspect of it from the visuals to the casting to the score is done perfectly and appropriate to the story that is told.

So while it may not have done anything groundbreaking from a film-historic perspective and doesn't belong on a greatest films of all time list it's still what you might call a perfect film - something that doesn't happen very often and should be credited.
>>
>>64468417
>Tfa is good bro
>>
>>64468695
It happens every single time someone likes a film.
Your subjective opinion is worth about as much as the subjective opinion of someone who thinks Ant-Man is a perfect film.
>>
>>64468417

>this movie is overrated
As only form of criticism.
>>
>The cinematography was breathtaking

What about the story,acting etc etc?

But Muh Cinematography!
>>
>>64468417
I hope your thread dies you filthy redditor
>>
>>64468695
Theres one thing i didnt like and that was the final melee with the french frigate. It was shaky cam as fuck and is too common for action scenes these days.
Also why did the wind pick up after the faget officer suicided?
>>
>>64468751

No. You don't get it.
MaC is objectively a perfect film because every aspect of it is done perfectly. Ant-Man is not.

The question here though was whether or not MaC is one of the greatest films of all time. I would disagree.

Such a film would require that it elevates the artform.
MaC is an excercise in filmmaking that while not introducing new elements isn't flawed in any of the elements it's using. That's a big accomplishment right there.

Ant-Mant is just a semi-decent action movie with no remarkable traits whatsoever.
>>
back to /pol/
>>
File: 916938.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
916938.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
>The Dark Knight's actually a good film. Easily the best capeshit.
>>
>>64468789
>It was shaky cam as fuck and is too common for action scenes these days.
I thought the scene was fine but I might have to revisit it. Shaky cam isn't inherently bad though - like any element it can be used appropriate or not.

>why did the wind pick up
A coincidence. I think it was done this way to reinforce the sense of superstition amongst the crew and how much of a bearing it has on their lives.
>>
File: 1451533655054.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451533655054.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>But there was no character development
>>
>>64469056
No, no. Ant-Man is objectively a perfect film because every aspect of it is done perfectly.

Ant-Man is an excercise in filmmaking that while not introducing new elements isn't flawed in any of the elements it's using. That's a big accomplishment right there.

sounds pretty idiotic doesn't it?
>>
File: 1451112076666.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451112076666.png
129 KB, 300x300
> 3 > 6
>>
>>64468763
this
>>
>Hitchcock is great
>Kubrick is great
>Scorsese is great
>Kurosawa is great
>Spielberg is great
>Wilder is great
>Bergman is great
>Coppola is great
>Ford is great
>Capra is great
>Chaplin is great
>Lean is great
>Kazan is great
>Huston is great
>Leone is great
>Wyler is great
>Lynch is great
>Lumet is great
>Altman is great
>Cukor is great
>Tarantino is great
>Burton is great
>Peckinpah is great
>Hawks is great
>Eastwood is great
>Demme is great
>Michael Mann is great
>Curtiz is great
>Von Trier is great
>PTA is great
>Nolan is great
>Fincher is great
>>
>anyone on /tv/ who uses the word "kinography"
>>
File: 1450792002994.jpg (177 KB, 1280x965) Image search: [Google]
1450792002994.jpg
177 KB, 1280x965
>>64469968

>He doesnt use the word "kinography"
>>
>>64469220
>sounds pretty idiotic doesn't it?

No, it just sounds incorrect

Whereas the same statement made about Master and Commander is correct

Sorry you don't understand the difference between incorrect statements and correct ones
>>
>>64469220
This. Thank you for setting the record straight. The MaC meme needs to die before any more innocent anons are tricked into watching it.
>>
>>64470019
bro i bet you are such a pleb that you pronounce kinography as key-no-grahhh-fee
>>
>the dark knight is one of the best movies ever made
>same for inception
>>
>film cinema flick retard nonsense semantics
>reddit (everyone knows what reddit is despite never visiting it, being retarded isn't funny or cool
>pleb
>patrician
>dude x lmao
>what did i think of x
>why is the least popular obscure character of this series/ movie the best(stormtrooper says traitor and whips out a spinning stick, who possibly cares)
>you made a typo? hold on while a type a saga describing how you and your family should be tortured and raped to death because you like a movie and your whole opinion is retarded now for a common error I've doubtlessly committed myself
>edgy (why was that priest being so edgy walking an old lady across the street)
>autism (why was that totally extroverted charming capable character so autistic lol fuck definitions of words)
>x is objectively best because opinion (you sound like retards who would have debates over postmodern art "ah no a soup can is unequivocally a masterpiece. Reason? *actually explains why he thinks that's possibly factual, sounds like a schizophrenic druid communicating with a tree*
>you like or hate x? fat virgin! (leading causes of obesity and virginity: liking shawshank redemption. not overeating, not exercising and being unattractive. yeah it's your taste in movies)
>generally the type of posts that nitpick small irrelevant details and act like that totally destroys an otherwise thoughtful, informative post
>>
>>64469645
>every relevant hollywood director ever is a hack
>also all semi-popular foreign directors are shit too

Okay then.
>>
>Just watch the Plinket reviews
>>
>>64470241
Not that guy but that's exactly how it's spelled.
Source: kino is a German word and I'm German.

Also the flick-film-cinema meme is more retarded than baneposting but that's beside the point.
>>
>>64471034
They're essentially satire but they're also the most detailed critique of the prequels based on a face to face comparison to the OT I'm aware of.

You see, just because the reviews have segments where Plinkett is rattling with plastic bones in the basement doesn't make the serious segments (like the comparison of the opening shots for example) any less of a valid point.

All the hate for the plinkett reviews is mostly based on people who for some reason can't deferentiate between a joke and a comment.
>>
>>64470955
Those are all memes though. You do realize movie discussion on /tv/ is just an occassional byproduct of meming right?
>>
>>64469148
>best capeshit

That would be Watchmen
>>
>>64471575
only respectable opinion ITT
>>
Whenever someone derisively calls something a soap opera or they complain that 'nothing happens in this movie' you know you're dealing with a child.
>>
Royal tenenbaums is my favorite Anderson movie
>>
>>64468437
Woman detected.
>>
>>64470955
your only experience with tv and movie discussion is online?
>>
>>64471575
>>64471747
watchmen was fucking terrible, you're both underage
>>
>>64471575
Isn't Watchmen anti-capeshit?
>>
File: Dark-night-rises-bane.jpg (87 KB, 1000x613) Image search: [Google]
Dark-night-rises-bane.jpg
87 KB, 1000x613
>>64468417
>Dark Knight Rises is the worst film in the Nolan trilogy (it's clearly Batman Begins)
>Dark Knight Rises was a bad film
>Dark Knight was the best of the trilogy
>why le serious? xDD
>>
>baneposting is dead
>>
>>64468417

>cinema is a visual medium
>>
>>64470103

You lost.
>>
>>64471945
>watchmen was fucking terrible
Compared to what? I just said it was the best capeshit movie - a relatively small genre with a horrendous average quality

>>64471964
Well, it was intended as such in the comic but Zneider indulged a little too much in the visuals and action scenes. Still, the best capeshit movie to date if you don't count stuff like Super or Sin City - movies that incorporate capeshit elements but actually belong to another genre (drama, pulp etc)
>>
>>64471575
I agree. It's baffling that Snyder seems to be outdoing himself in his successive attempts to create the *worst* capeshit ever. Watchmen was great but must have been a fluke.
>>
>>64472105
What kind of medium is cinema in your opinion senpai?
>>
>>64471575
>>64469148

The best capeshit movie is The Incredibles you faggots.
>>
>>64472151
It's the source material and the script. He's fine when he's given a very specific and thought out structure and has just to translate it to visuals.

Once he tries to take control over more aspects of the movie it becomes a fucking mess. Case in point being Sucker Punch.

He has a unique visual style but no other cinematic talents whatsoever.
>>
>>64472182
That's may personal favorite too but you can't really compare live action to animation in the capeshit genre.
>>
File: 1432331149004.jpg (11 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1432331149004.jpg
11 KB, 234x250
>Sperating movies into categories "flick, film, cinema"
>X is a hack (x=randomly chosen well-regarded director)
>Any use of the word "meme" when not talking about a meme
>>
>>64472323
Fair point. I'll probably take the Watchmen too then, if animation is out of the game.
>>
>I categorize by flicks, movies, films and cinema
>>
GOAT
cuck
Shitlord
Capeshit
Based
Faggot
>>
>>64472623
capeshit has become an accepted term for a genre without another name though
>>
File: 1451596042845.jpg (124 KB, 662x1017) Image search: [Google]
1451596042845.jpg
124 KB, 662x1017
>Fight Club is my favorite movie
>>
desu
senpai
waifu
>>
>>64472826
Oh god this. Has anybody irl ever said this though? I've only ever encountered it online and there's always the possibility they were just pretending to be retarded...
>>
>>64472658
The superhero genre?
>>
File: putin.jpg (6 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
putin.jpg
6 KB, 217x232
>I liked TFA
>>
>>64473142
I knew a guy.
He was pleb af, he liked witcher books
>>
>>64473035
This desu senpai
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.