[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whether you like TFA or not, we can all agree the soundtrack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1426895767690.jpg (24 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
1426895767690.jpg
24 KB, 392x411
Whether you like TFA or not, we can all agree the soundtrack was forgettable and bland

>muh Rey's theme

The prequels, as bad as they are, had AMAZING soundtracks
>>
File: 987437893.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
987437893.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>across the stars
>battle of the heroes
>duel of the fates
>>
it was all bad

go back to reddit
>>
No.
>>
File: 1267454043480.jpg (56 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1267454043480.jpg
56 KB, 500x332
The worst Williams star wars ost by fucking far, anyone saying otherwise is a tasteless pleb
>>
if someone disagrees with this they are pleb tier and do not know what good music is

And I agree, the saving grace of the prequels is their score

One of the best themes ever written imo http://youtu.be/CqZpX3QnO3g
>>
>>64462945
Even if TFA had a good score, we would have never heard it because JJ cant go 30 seconds without an action sequence
>>
John Williams is a pleb who rips off actual composers. The Star Wars score is just Mahler and Holst interpreted by a mediocre musician.
>>
>>64463113
>Le John Williams was never good meme
>>
the only music i can remember from all of the prequels were the duel of fates and the mustafar duel music.

from tfa alone i can remember rey's theme, snoke's theme, march of the resistance, and the kylo variations.
>>
>>64462749
Well, they weren't bad at all. Entertaining as fuck.

Stop being a mainstream hipster.
>>
>>64462945
Fuck me this OST is amazing.

Prequels > OT
>>
>>64462749
>They were audiovisual diarrhea that gave you cancer, but at least the soundtrack was okay! LOL
What a consolation.
>>
>>64463675
>can't remember music that came out 10 years ago as opposed to a film that just emerged
I wonder why.

And I'm going to call bullshit seeing as I can recall Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Across the Stars and Anakin's Betrayal just fine, whereas from VII I can only remember Rey's Theme and the Kylo Ren fanfare.
>>
Duel of Fates is a one of the lifetime masterpiece. Even though I agree TFA soundtrack is literally nothing, its not fair to compare everything with DoF. He will probably never make anything that good in his life ever again.
>>
The only part I noticied the music was when she embraced the force or whatever during the fight with Ayylo-Len, and that's only because it sounded like the music that played during the Double sunset.
>>
>>64463885
Wasn't that 'Luke and Leia" from OT Soundtrack? I think it sounded similiar
>>
>>64463942
Nah, it was the force theme. They play it twice in the movie, during that scene, and when she finds Luke
>>
>>64462945

>meme singing
>cool

This song is so shit.
>>
>>64464354
Oh?

>Rey's theme
>meme desert flute
>meme chimes and piano
>meme string crescendo
>meme adventurous string theme with flute ostinatos
>meme lonely woodwind finale

>Kylo Ren's theme
>meme brass blaring
>meme minor key progression
>meme menacing drums

>Snoke music
>meme deep bass chanting to indicate menace

>resistance music
>meme marching snare and military trumpets

What a shit score.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.