[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw can't handle horror films >tfw oftentimes have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1432771969265.gif (994 KB, 499x320) Image search: [Google]
1432771969265.gif
994 KB, 499x320
>tfw can't handle horror films
>tfw oftentimes have to pause the movie when it gets too scary for me
>tfw i've actually walked away from a scary movie while it was playing and only came back when my gf said it was "safe"
>>
Must be nice, to actually get scared.
I've got to get the mood going every time by watching alone at night in a dark cold room with headphones.
Can't watch at the cinema with other people because can't resist making snarky comments.
>>
>>64461960
What does that mean?
>>
>>64461960
Does she warn you ahead of time some nights so you won't enter the room?
>>
File: dead-dream.jpg (190 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
dead-dream.jpg
190 KB, 500x400
I'm kind of the same now.
I grew up loving all kinds of horror movies, and they were practically the only movies I watched as a kid.
But then in college a really good friend of mine committed suicide by laying on train tracks, and the only way I could deal with the image in my head was spending a week watching the goriest horror movies I could find.
For whatever reason, after I started to feel better and get over it, I can't fucking stand watching any horror movies anymore.
>>
>>64462651
It sucks. There is an entire genre of movies I can't watch. The worst part is I'm super autistic and love analyzing even the shittiest of movies, but I miss everything with a horror flick. My girlfriend is too normie-tier to analyze for me.

>>64462997
Wow anon, that fucking sucks. I'm just scared of horror movies because of childhood pranks.
>>
>>64462997

That's horrible.

I wonder if soldiers with PTSD can watch war movies.
>>
File: 1449699446297.jpg (109 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1449699446297.jpg
109 KB, 569x802
>>64461960
Get older
Start drinking a lot
See a whole bunch of fucked up real life shit on the internet

You won't be able to be frightened by a movie anymore then.
>>
>>64463067
I'm only 20.
I've seen gore and fucked up shit on the internet for a while (been on 4chan since 8th grade) but it just kind of disgusts me or makes me sad than frightens me
>>
>>64463084
I'm the guy you replied to. 26.
I don't know, I just felt like the internet really fucked me. I used to get really insanely scared by horror flicks when I was a kid, but by now there's not a movie that bothers me.
>>
Internet gore can't never compare to you seeing in real life fucked up things happen to you and people you know.
>>
>>64463174
Im >>64462997
Only a couple movies ever actually scared me as a kid, the rest seemed fun, almost like riding on a roller coaster... but now I think they bother me because they seem like a mockery and celebration of real pain, which makes them unbearable and obnoxious to me.
I watched a lot of real fucked up shit on the internet too, and for a while I felt detached from it, but none of it compared to having that kind of thing happen to someone you actually care about. That made it fucking real.
I really hate feeling like that though, and hope some day I get the fuck over it/myself.
>>
>love horror movies
>none of them are scary
On the their hand my cousin who is 36 is a giant wuss and always has been and won't watch horror movies
Like when he was 12 he wouldn't watch scooby-do
He'd hide behind the couch
I always give him shit for it
>>
>>64461960
When you realize there's a skeleton inside you you're going to lose your shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.