[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would TR 8R know >what Finn looked like? >that he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1451876621025.jpg (63 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1451876621025.jpg
63 KB, 960x540
Why would TR 8R know
>what Finn looked like?
>that he was a traitor?
I can get that there was some sort of bulletin or memo that was sent out, but that would be pretty stupid because it would show that any stormtrooper could defect and have a sense of identity. Just stupid really.
>>
I assumed that TR-8R knew Finn personally from being a Stormtrooper and recognised him that way

What's the canon expansion
>>
>>64460958
None yet. I'm sure Disney/Marvel will make a comic about it though.
>>
They must spend some time together without their helmets on. Eating meals in the mess hall? Showering? Getting ready for bed? I don't think it's that silly that someone would recognize him.
>>
Why was Finn so hesitant to shoot the villagers, and then entirely okay with slaughtering his former comrades a few scenes later?
>>
>>64461030
One of those groups was pointing guns at him.
>>
File: tr-8r backstory.jpg (188 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
tr-8r backstory.jpg
188 KB, 1280x905
>>64460958
I really like this theory.

I won't be surprised if Disney canonizes it, even if only to cash in on TR-8R's online popularity. Given the precedent set by the old EU, it's no stretch to assume that every random stormtrooper has a backstory.
>>
>>64460886
A sense of camaraderie and a willingness to fight for the man next to you is one of the greatest assets that a soldier has.

Presumably it's things like that that make kidnapped-and-raised-from-birth stormtroopers superior to clones or battle droids, otherwise the First Order would be using them instead.

I'm sure all the stormtroopers know each other.
>>
>>64461030
The stormtroopers are the bad guys

Also, killing armed soldiers trained to kill from birth vs. killing innocent civilian children, not really a tough moral dilemma
>>
>>64461064
Droids are ineffective (they were only threatening due to their sheer numbers) and clones were expensive, slow to grow and in fewer number
>>
ah no really is this happening right now

is this the new bane?
>>
>>64461061
It's not even a theory. It's common fucking sense.
>>
>>64461148
It's beyond 4chan. This meme is fucking huge right now.
>>
>>64460958
Apparently according to a novelization, TR8R is one of a fout-man training squad that included Finn. Effectively, they were classmates.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.