[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Phantom Menace >Podracing >"Mediclorians"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 14
The Phantom Menace
>Podracing
>"Mediclorians"
>Duel of Fates

Attack of the Clones
>Anakin destroying the space muslims
>Geonosis battle
>Across the Stars
>Yoda v Dooku

Revenge of the Sith
>Dooku looses his head
>Sheev's baits Ani with story about Darth Palgeuis
>Kill the Younglings
>Order 66
>"You were supposed to be the chosen one!"

A New Hope
>Binary Sunset
>Lukes destroyed home
>Mos Eisley Cantina/Greedo gets cucked
>"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
>Millenium Falcon vs Tie Fighters
>"Use the Force Luke"

The Empire Strikes Back
>AT-AT's attacking the Hoth Rebel base
>Asteroid chase
>"Do or do not. There is no try"
>Han encased in Carbonite
>"No, I am your father."

Return of the Jedi
>Speeder chase
>Battle of Endor Space battle
>"I'll never join the dark side, you failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"
>Anakin's redemption

The Force Awakens
>There's fucking nothing
>>
File: dersu_uzala.png (225 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dersu_uzala.png
225 KB, 640x480
>binary sunset
>new hope
kek
>>
>>64459231
TELL
>>
>>64459231

THAT
>>
TO
>>
MY ASS
>>
>>64459670
reach more reddit
>>
ASSIN NAMED KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64459231
Eh I liked Finn's/poe's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_VA9RlTjn0
And I liked Kylo's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0yzYzzZtTs

but here's the thing. the best music, was barely heard due to sound effects or it being cut short due to action sequences. So yeah, I agree with you OP. not enough emphasis on the moment.

I literally had to look up the music just to find good music. It was definitely the weakest of all of the movies.
>>
>>64459231
TFA
>kylo ren
>Luke's pupil, Rey
>No mitocondrians or younglins
>new force powers awakened

Back to reddit
>>
File: 1451174398991.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1451174398991.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>64459958

>rey
>a positive

>new force powers awakened

what does this even mean, you're reaching horribly
>>
>>64459231
>kanji club
>rey's tight ass at the end
>kylo ren cross branding the negro
>>
theres memes
>>
>>64459784
I also enjoyed Rey's Theme quite a bit as well as the Jedi Steps and "Torn Apart".

The part where Rey force pulls the saber (regardless of "muh mary sue") was goosebumps worthy with the swell of the force theme.
>>
>>64459231

>not mentioning Han Solo and the Princess or the FUCKING IMPERIAL MARCH for Empire

>>64459670

based retard talking about something he thinks he knows about when that wasn't actually the subject to begin with
>>
>>64459994
>anything from the prequels
>positive
Those scenes you mentioned are memorable, but hardly good.
>>
>>64459231
Wrong faggot

Episode 7
>the opening Storm Trooper invasion
>BB-8
>Rey's theme
>Rey and Kylo battle
>scene where Rey finds Luke
>>
File: 1450689442491.png (134 KB, 239x387) Image search: [Google]
1450689442491.png
134 KB, 239x387
>>64459231
>movie has only been out for not even 3 weeks
>discussing cultural impact that will appear after several months at the least
Right now we're just at meme stage.

I could argue
>holding the blaster burst with the force
>Chewie we're home
>kanjiklub
>there has been an awakening scene
>hux's space nazi monolouge
>kylo meets han solo
>blowing up the death star AGAIN
>luke reveal
Probably more as well
>>
There's also nothing memorable from his Star Trek reboot.

There is no "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" moment.

It's almost as if JJ can only direct shitty shallow reboots that are only impressive visually. He's a Michael Bay that critics love.
>>
>>64460359
I am evil! We are evil! We will do evil things! *in evil british accent* *evilly destorys galaxy*

The nazi speech was a low point and the point where I rolled my eyes and new this shit wasn't going to redeem itself.
>>
>>64460414
Nobody gives a shit about your opinion, bro.
>>
>>64459231
>everything on Jakku
>the scene where Kylo Ren takes off his mask
>the lightsaber fight at the end
>the Falcon reveal
>>
>>64459958
>Luke's pupil, Rey

She's so Mary Sue that fans have to create a backstory that she was actually his student already, just with a mind-wiped and forgot it all

Lel
>>
>>64460442
TFA sucked.
>>
>>64459231
>Ren freezing the blaster bolt
>the chase through the ruins of a star destroyer
>The return of Han and Chewie
>the new republic getting fucked up by the Nazi's death laser
>Han dying
>Luke on the Mountain[/spoilers]

Plenty of memorable moments
>>
>>64460147
>TFA
>memorable
those scenes you mentioned aren't memorable, and definitely not good.
>>
>>64459719
KANJIKLUB
>>
>movies should be checklists of cool individual moments rather than solid wholes
I can't handle this board. Too many plebs.
>>
I can perfectly remember Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and other OT themes. I legit can't even remember any TFA music.
>>
>>64459231
ummm you're forgetting the best parts
>nostalgic imagery
>forced characters
>snoke
>the annoying orange's grandma
>tr-8r
>carrie fisher
>deathstar FOUR
>the good villains
>poe flying the x-wing

i could go on
>>
The Force Awakens
>Mil. Falcon flying through junkyard Star Destroyer
>"It's true. All of it."
>Kylo Ren standing on the bridge of a New Star Destroyer watching the Red beams fly by
>Fin activating the light saber with a terrified look on his face
>Kylo Ren activating his lightsaber while limping in the wood

The funny thing is that all of the memorable parts were in the trailer.
>>
>bot a single mention of TR-8R in this thread
>>
>>64460587
>deathstar FOUR

four?
>>
>>64460536
download a better camrip, or see it in theaters.
>>
>>64460500
>>Ren freezing the blaster bolt
Not really note worthy...just a "huh that's interesting". That's like saying that the Gungans using boombas to kill droids was memorable lol
>>the chase through the ruins of a star destroyer
Yawn..seen it already...in the original and prequels when Obi wan flies through the asteroids
>>The return of Han and Chewie
Obviously it was going to happen..not really "memorable"..kind of just "oh look they finally showed up."
>>the new republic getting fucked up by the Nazi's death laser
Will always be remember as Disney's attempt to one up Lucas
>>Han dying
The only memorable thing
>>Luke on the Mountain[/spoilers]
Cliche...been done in a thousand movies, and I'm not just talking about when Luke found Yoda
>Plenty of memorable moments
Only one
>>
>>64460536
Jedi Steps is memorable. But yeah, Williams is past his prime. They should get someone new and weird, like Mica Levi
>>
>>64460610
>>
>>64459231
TRAITOR
>>
>>64459231
>Jakku, like Tattooine in ANH but more deserted
>Maz Kanata, like Yoda but older and has Luke's lightsaber and a cantina just like in ANH and ROTJ
>gigantic death planet, like the Death Star of ANH and ROTJ but larger and destroys more planets
>Han getting killed for shock value
>Luke cameo in Planet Iceland
>>
>>64460624
I saw it in theaters. Maybe it's just because TFA atmosphere was just off or bland to me.
>>
>>64460624
I saw it in theaters and I can't remember any NEW icon musical pieces either. When the left the cinema, the only thing stuck in my head was the original fanfare.
>>
>>64460083
>goosebumps worthy
It was alright. Goosebumps worthy though? No. Stop being a a faggot
>>
>>64460639
i don't think williams had much to work with considering he probably just got a memo from jj saying "yeah man do what you did before but make sure that you make it look like the white people are evil"
but willyboy is my butt buddy
>>
>>64459231
You're right. There is no gay shit like that in The Force Awakens.
>>
>>64460442
Well this post really helps show TFA had memorable scenes
>>
>>64460625
>memorable moments
>Only one

I found more or less every Kylo Ren scene to be pretty memorable. I don't think all of them were necessarily good or well executed, but I found Kylo Ren extremely memorable and always wanted more. His extremely menacing introduction (including the freezing of the blaster bolt) I felt was particularly memorable.
>>
>>64460639
Unlike the rest, He didn't compose the music for TFA, only conducted it. Maybe that's why
>>
>>64460414
>getting mad about the bad guys in Star Wars being evil

why the fuck did you even watch the movie when you clearly don't like Star Wars
>>
>>64460083
>was goosebumps worthy with the swell of the force theme.
It was so cliche though. Anyone could see it coming
>>
>>64460625
How does duel of fates count for the phantom menace then? Or dooku getting his head chopped off? Or Luke's home burning down? If we aren't counting cliche moments then that original list is shit
>>
>>64460640
no idea what that is.

Some kinda fanfic or prequel or video game shit?
>>
>>64460698
they were subtle about it before. it's offensive to the audience's intelligence when you force something like that. and yes, darth vader looking like a nazi is subtle
>>
>>64460689
Without googling, can you quote me some Kylo Ren dialogue, since his scenes are so memorable?

I can think of one line, out of many I know he had. So to me he's not that memorable
>>
>>64460747
Darth Vader looked like a Nazi?

(see, I'm proving your point!)
>>
>>64460747
>subtle
>dress like SS officers and use stormtroopers
>literally talk about using fear to keep people in line
>Tarkin blows up Alderaan just because he can
>their leader is a cartoonishly evil old man in a hood who talks about hate making you powerful and using the dark side

Yeah, no, you're a faggot who wanted to hate the movie. Nazi imagery has ALWAYS been there.
>>
>>64460732
do you need help getting up, sir? can i get you a glass of water or something? that fall looks like it really did something to your head. oh wait, there's just a cavity where your brain was supposed to be
>>
>>64460771
The very beginning of the movie, he comes up to the old guy and says
>look how old you've become
and the old guy replies
>something far worse has happened to you

don't remember the old guy's last words but Kylo's words before cutting him in half are a soft-spoken but menacing
>you're so right

more incoming
>>
>>64460747
>sheev literally looks like the most evil man ever and the screams come from the reactor after he dies
>Tarkin literally blows up a fucking planet
>Vader chokes subordinates to death
>anakin murders children
>jabba feeds women to his monster

How subtle
>>
>>64460771
piss shit ass booty
>>
>>64460681
Don't make excuses, Williams hasn't written a memorable score in years. Even with directors like Spielberg. There's 60 minutes footage of JJ directing the score (JJ composes music himself), so i'm sure he cared.

>>64460695
This isn't true. Like many modern films composers, he writes character themes and motifs, and then someone else comes in and works with that stuff to fill it out and form the final score
>>
>>64460771
>Look how old you've become
>You mean the murderers, traitors, and thieves you call friends? You'll be relieved to hear I have no idea
>I'm being torn apart...I know what I have to do to be free of this pain, but I don't know if I have the strength. Will you help me?

just a couple off the top of my head, and that's not counting all the physical stuff like the tantrums and freezing the blaster bolt

Adam Driver was fucking great desu senpai
>>
>>64460829
TFA relies on the same imagery and that's it's first and foremost problem.
>>
>>64460771
>Look how old you've become (fantastic line)
>I want to be free of this pain
>You dream of an Island; I see it
>>
>>64460731
...wut. The "Duel of the Fates" is a song bro. After the main theme, it's probably the second most famous Star Wars song. It was introduced in Episode 1

http://youtu.be/zt0UuNpUqK4

"Across the Stars" from Episode 2 comes in a very close third

http://youtu.be/qM_ZWnD40aA

Nothing in TFA is even near a level as them.

Shit on the prequels all you want, but the music was a 10/10
>>
>>64460857
Adam Driver was fucking inspired casting. He elevates the entire movie from decent blockbuster to on par with Jedi.
>>
And not a single line as good as

>Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace...a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. They fear you. In time, they will destroy you. Let me show you the true nature of the Force. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi! Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.

or as memorable as
"It's over, Anakin, I have the high ground!"
"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
"I don't like sand..."
"It's treason, then!"
etc
>>
>>64460771
Not a line but hin fucking up the torture room and the stormtroopers turning around was pretty memorable to me. We've not really seen a sith in the films that really loses their shit other than Vader force choking a couple officers
>>
>>64460771
when he is interrogating Poe he doesn't have a great deal of lines, but his generally menacing manner is very memorable. He says to Poe
>I'm impressed, so far no one has been able to get out of you where you hid the map
Poe replies
>maybe you should re-think your technique
after which Kylo mindfucks him with the force, and after a few seconds of showing Poe grittily resisting, Kylo emerges from the interrogation room and says
>The plans are on a droid

When speaking to Snoke about the imminent confrontation with his father he says
>by the grace of your teachings I will not be seduced

when speaking to the Darth Vader helmet he says
>Show me the power of the darkness

there are more, those are the bulk of the dialog that I can remember from when he has his mask on. I'm not saying all of these are great lines or that everything is particularly well executed (though I think in general he is an effective villian). But I certainly found them memorable.
>>
>>64460949
I hope you realize that that isn't good dialogue
>>
>>64460814
that's a rude way of trying to explain to me that its probably from a prequel or a video game right?
>>
>>64460977
It's just too deep for you pleb sensibilities.
>>
>>64460893
>I think one thing you said was wrong, therefore you're whole argument is invalid

What else should I expect
>>
>>64460985
paint me green and call me a cucumber
>>
>>64460977
tripfag takes the bait
>>
>>64461014
I can't paint you green... I live probably hundreds of miles away...

Im so confused.
>>
>>64460687
Epin!!!!! XDDD LOL
>>
>>64460640
the fuck is this?
>>
>>64461000
Okay, let me read the rest of the sentence

>someone getting their head chopped off
Not a plot cliche or convience >>64460731
written by the writers. It happens in real life, called an execution

>Luke's joke burning down
Huh? How is that cliche? Maybe...but that's a stretch

Original trilogy had a lot of cliche moments, like the wise old wizard or the evil father or the wise ghost from beyond the grave or the prodigal son.

So did TFA..more than the originals. Nearly every scene was a cliche. You can't understand or admit that for some reason...
>>
Is kanjiclub canon or whatever the fuck? Everything about that scene feels like terrible fanfic horseshit they made up on the spot and just rolled with whatever came out in the first take. Cringeworthy.
>>
>>64460999
Lucas must have thought he was writing a fucking book with how much dialog the prequels had.
a) the dialog was terrible, with many of these "memorable lines" being memorable for how awkward they sounded or how poorly they were delivered, for example I have the high ground and from my perspective Jedi are evil
b) film is a visual medium, take advantage of it. A great example is Rey and looking at the old woman across from her.It was not subtle at all but the message it delivered was clear. Whereas how Lucas would have had Rey literally say it to some other character in a long winded dialog
>>
>>64461128
>get the actors from the raid
>filler
>>
>>64461128
Why is Han still smuggling shit anyways? He's like 80 and galaxy wife renowned but he still scrapes by smuggling and owner people money? Doesn't this old mother fucker get social security?
>>
>>64461137
if lucas had written it neither of those characters would have been made because he already wrote it in the second act of ESB
>>
>>64460732
>>64461116
Looks like a TRADE FEDERATION droid control ship to me. You're in a thread about Star Wars and you haven't seen Episode I?
>>
>>64461137
>A great example is Rey and looking at the old woman across from her.
Yes YES. That was TFA's binary sunset moment. Say what you want about JJ being a Spielberg tribute director, at least he understands visual storytelling.
>>
>>64461150
shitty writing
>>
>>64461128
That's because the entire scene was lazily written..the entire movie was. You could remove the kanjiklub/giant squid scene, and the movie would remain in-tact without anyone being the wiser...

its called a false sense of urgency, to fool the audience despite us knowing that none of the characters would be die in that scene
>>
>>64461137
It's funny because the best scenes of the PT are the ones with no dialogue at all

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
>>
>>64461191
I saw it once. I was not impressed.
>>
>>64461204
>literally plothole: the character
>good
>>
>>64459231
>There's fucking nothing
That's because you haven't seen the movie, idiot. Also none of those things in the prequels were good things.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x800
>>64461137
This post is so Reddit...wow.

There were lots of "Durr it's silent so it's better" moments in the prequels as well
>>
>>64461238
I didn't say that the character was good, I said that that particular scene was well-directed.

>>64461223
It was to show instead of just tell you that Han returned to smuggling. It also felt nothing like Star Wars, which is a good thing.
>>
>>64461204
I've seen the movie twice and literally cannot remember this scene

Do you mean Le Yoda ripoff? Le portions guy? What old lady...?
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
>>64459231
The Force Awakens
>Han Solo and Kylo Ren are both replicants
>Rey is probably a replicant too.
>>
>>64461191
Does it blow up planets? cause in what way is that supposed to increase the count of "Death Stars"?
>>
>>64461283
>so Reddit
>wow.
At least he isn't posting doge memes
>>
>>64459231
>looses his head
>looses

LEARN TO ENGLISH
E
A
R
N

T
O

E
N
G
L
I
S
H
>>
>>64461270
>That's because you haven't seen the movie
That seems like a pretty big assumption to make... what if you were... you know... wrong?
>>
>>64461224
How does that go against my point? That reinforces what I'm saying. Great moments in film are often purely visual ones, the prequel trilogy was chock full of unnecessary dialogue
>>
>>64461338
Technically, he's not wrong.
>>
>>64461292
>It was to show instead of just tell you that Han returned to smuggling.
How did it do that? Do you think there could have been any better way to "show" us that, rather than a goofy scene?
>It also felt nothing like Star Wars, which is a good thing.
That makes no sense..? Lol wut. Thankfully, you're a trip, so I can easily filter post like these which like to hate on Star Wars for no reason

Protip: TFA is Starwars and just as stupid as all the rest of them
>>
>>64460359
Nazi speech sucked, can't remember a single word from it.

Kylo stopping the blaster was the most memorable of those
>>
>>64460640
That's a Death Star?
>>
>>64461223
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64461321
it's a giant ball that the main character blows up in the end. you could say the planet laser killing ability was replaced with an army that could take over a planet.
>>
>>64461308
The scene where she's scrubbing the part she salvaged to send it to the portions guy and she stops to look at an old wrinkly woman doing the exact same thing. She realizes she's seeing her future self if she doesn't leave Jakku.
>>
>>64461366
If you were gonna hand him a bone and say he isn't wrong for 'looses', it'd still be 'loosens'.

People who don't know the difference between 'lose' and 'loose' don't deserve to be listened to on anything.
>>
"Han Solo's death is nothing."
- neo /tv/
>>
>>64461357
>the prequel trilogy was chock full of unnecessary dialogue

So was The Force Awakens...God some of that dailouge had me sighing, wanting to leave

>so umm...ya got a boyfrand?!?
>wait...is dat my jacket?!?

>Han...go save our son!
>he won't listen to me...I'm no jedi
>but u r his father!!
>>
>>64461381
>This fearsome weapon which you have built and upon which you stand will put an end to the republic...

and some more from there.

Also, I like his effete/evil accent for that scene.
And by "like" I mean that it made me laugh out loud in the theater and remark to my friend "Subtle"
>>
>>64461377
I wasn't disparaging Star Wars, i'm just saying that feeling nothing like Star Wars is a good thing when the rest of the film copies A New Hope tonally and aesthetically. It felt like a different, original film set in the same universe.
>>
>>64461410
>She realizes she's seeing her future self if she doesn't leave Jakku.
When did it say this in the movie...or are you coming to this conclusion on your own?
>>
>>64460147
Exactly. but shit and memorable is still better than mediocre and unremarkable.
>>
>>64461393
gotcha... its definitely not a Death Star though... a Death Star blows up planets. So Episode VII featured the destruction of Death Star 3, NOT 4.
(3 is already a stupidly high number. No need to artificially inflate it by calling every ship/spacestation another Death Star)
>>
>>64461357
I wasn't trying to go against you point, senpai
>>
>>64461430
>>so umm...ya got a boyfrand?!?
That's not the line. He says it quickly in the middle of a conversation, which is what made it work.
>>
>>64461460
When the movie first came out, I was saying that it shouldn't be called Episode 7, since it clearly is the beginning of its own saga
>>
>>64461460
it felt like a run of the mill marvel blockbuster scene written by someone who took the easiest possible route
>>
>>64460253
>the opening Storm Trooper invasion
mediocre scene
>BB-8
a character, not an event
>Rey's theme
a musical piece, not an event
>Rey and Kylo battle
one of the least-memorable battles in the series
>scene where Rey finds Luke
literally sub prequel-tier horrendous.
>>
>>64459231
The Force Awakens
>Gay romance
>Girls who kick butt
>
>>
File: 1451201148949.jpg (234 KB, 1183x1090) Image search: [Google]
1451201148949.jpg
234 KB, 1183x1090
Mary Sue
>>
>>64461461
The point of visual storytelling is that it says stuff, you know, visually. Is that why /tv/ prefers Lucas? They can't discern basic motivation unless it's flat-out stated?
>>
>>64461461
>facepalm
>>
>>64461486
well neither is starkiller base because it shoots a big red laser and it is a planet rather than a moon. so there are only 2 death stars
>>
>>64461489
Didn't he just meet her like 30 seconds okay?

a guy who knows nothing but being a stormtrooper asking a homeless girl if she has a boyfriend makes no sense to me

The writing for this movie sucked, just admit it

>>64461519
You're just making up stuff on your own, my friend.

My favorite visual scene was when The Portions Man was running after the Millenium Falcon...it's like JJ was telling us that Portions Man was actually running after his integrity
>>
>>64461461
literal autism.
>>
>>64461537
okay, now I know you're pretending to be extra-stupid because you think it helps your point but come the fuck on... Star Killer base is obviously a big Death Star. Trying to negotiate this topic is just stupid, even for /tv/
>>
>>64461500
>written by someone who took the easiest possible route
The Force Awakens was many things, but not lazy. The similarities were very much a calculated decision to hit as many nostalgia points as possible. They didn't just do it because it was easy, they did it because they knew they'd make more money.
>>
>>64460790
>dress like SS officers and use stormtroopers

You can say this about ANY military officer uniform. There is some subtle similarities between the Empire and the Nazis, but it's totally unfounded and extremely shallow.
>>
>>64461430
>you talk first? I talk first?
>yeah I'm with the resistance, this is what resistance people look like
>stop taking my hand!
>I'm kind of a big deal in the resistance

I'm really beginning to think Star Trek 2009 was a complete fluke. That had actual humor rather than fucking Marvel movie quips
>>
>>64461487
I'm sorry kouhai. I have disrespected my family's honour
>>
*Holds lightsaber out for 5 minutes with mouth open while staring*

was this autism
>>
>>64461441
>The Force Awakens was many things, but not lazy.

>>64461460
>the film copies A New Hope tonally and aesthetically

This is why you don't trip
>>
>>64461573

>a guy who knows nothing but being a stormtrooper asking a homeless girl if she has a boyfriend makes no sense to me

diagnosed autism?
>>
File: 90811-600x300[1].jpg (28 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
90811-600x300[1].jpg
28 KB, 600x300
Why the hell did they get Adam Driver to be Han and Leia's son? He really doesn't look like he'd be related to them, and he looks even weirder without facial hair.
>>
>>64461573
>Didn't he just meet her like 30 seconds okay?
He didn't. This was after they fly off in the falcon. And the reason he says it because he's wondering why she wants to go back to Jakku.

>Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?
>You're a pilot, you can fly anywhere.
>What is it? You got a family? Got a boyfriend?
It's a completely funny, natural line in context.
>>
>>64461573
>My favorite visual scene was when The Portions Man was running after the Millenium Falcon...it's like JJ was telling us that Portions Man was actually running after his integrity

There's a deleted scene where THATS MINE follows Rey to Maz's palace and confronts her there.
>>
>>64461647
>It's a completely funny, natural line in context.
Is it natural for ex-Stormtroopers who have supposedly been brainwashed from birth, to be so nosey?

>>64461627
>what are you anyways..?
>I'm Le janitor!
>>
>>64461643
Did you understand my post? Copying A New Hope wasn't out of laziness (it's actually harder to do practical effects and shoot on film), but a cynical decision to appeal to Original Trilogy fans.
>>
>>64461430
There were very long periods of the film where nothing was said. On top of that the boyfriend comment was just quickly slipped in, and the jacket part was to help foster the bond between po and Finn. Hell they're a great example too. You can tell from the way they act and move around each other what type of relationship they have.

>inb4 "yeah, a gay one"
>>
>>64461697
There are other ways to appeal to fans than to copy previous movies

Simply having the Han Solo/Chewie character was enough, my friend...nearly copying a New Hope scene for scene is just lazy
>>
Haven't seen TFA yet but when I do there is no doubt in my mind that I will find a meme for you.

Give me couple more weeks, I need an entire row to myself.
>>
>>64461573
>You're just making up stuff on your own, my friend.
Death of the author, etc. But even putting that aside, it's fucking obvious. You don't have an important dolly zoom of Rey reacting (that's even in the trailers) if it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>64461150
I figured it was because when his son went evil and he split with Leia he just went back to what was familiar and "safe" for lack of a better word.
>>
>>64461729
it was a pretty gay one though...
>>
>>64461729
There are other ways to foster a bond. Escaping from bad guys. Hey, you can even have no dailouge involved, like you like.

Quirky lines is just piss poor writing

This movie seems like it was written by amateurs or fresh college grads. There is very little depth

>so...us got a boyfraaaaand?
>is dat my jacket?

What depth is there? How does that "foster a deep relationship"? How do those lines scratch deeper than just mundane chit chat? I'm not buying it
>>
>>64459231
>midichlorians
>good
>Geonosis battle
>good
>younglings scene
>good
>>
TFA only makes things bigger, faster, and more MCU style quippy.

but because the cinematogrpahy, writting, directing, music, premise, editing and pacing is so off it can replicate the original 100 times over and never get the emotional impact or that momentary breath of relief to admire a scene.

Take Obi wan's death for example.
so much is told through action and visuals and music.

and the music isnt this bullshit "make it more dramatic and more piano soft core" shit they keep doing. Its DEMANDING emotion out of you.

powerful stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

or this great scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
>>
>>64461585
so is putting another planet killing battlestation for the 4th time and expecting the audience to not be tired of your shit
>>
>>64461747
How is it lazy to spend millions of dollars shooting on location and months building real sets with real costumes and real puppets? All of the marketing was "look how similar it is to the Star Wars you like." They were tapping into the nostalgia market. It wasn't laziness, it was a conscious decision.
>>
>>64461588
>easiest way to make money
>not easiest way to make a good movie

that's laziness
>>
>>64461841
>star wars
>powerful stuff
>>
>>64461831
>Escaping from bad guys. Hey, you can even have no dailouge involved
That's exactly what they do in the movie.
>>
>>64461880
watch this scene and not be moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1nL4xFOfM

>>64461859
no it was laziness because it wasnt creative. its easy to pay people to recreate shit already done.
>>
>>64461859
I'm not a psychologist, but I bet you play Pokemon games.
>>
>>64461831
>Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?

If A New Hope came out today everyone on /tv/ would disparage it
>>
>>64461833
he meant memorable moments, not necessarily the best ones
>>
>>64461925
Well in that case the only memorable one of those is the younglings scene, which is memorable for all of the wrong reasons.
>>
>>64461923
a new hope came out during a time when all other movies were really cynical and were asking to bring the death of society. if ANH came out now it would reach the same heights
>>
>>64461923
As it should be. A New Hope is by no means a masterpiece. Not even close. All Star Wars is flick level, always has been, and no amount of Disney marketing or quirky early 21st century "nerdy is cool now" trends will change that
>>
>>64461908
>no it was laziness because it wasnt creative
The lack of creativity wasn't just an inability to come up with new ideas. Like if they hired the most original writer and director in the world, Disney would have still insisted that it feel like the original trilogy. That's not laziness, that's calculated.
>>
>>64461831
It doesn't deepen the relationship, it just shows you the type of friendship they have. To me Po and Finn seemed like the first two star wars characters that were real friends without any other type of friction . Every other pair of friends bickers for like half their lines with each other. Han and Luke, Han and Chewie, Anakin and Obi wan, R2 and C-3P0. Finn and Po are a change of pace.
>>
>>64461923
>Dissing on Leia being Leia
You do realize that "Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?" is there, because she's the one character in the movie who takes the Rebellion's goal 100% to heart, and is moderately impaitent and tense around scoundrels and farmboys who have no idea what they're getting into, right?
Meanwhile "You have a boyfriend?" is an impotent, characterless way to "establish" an attraction, that Star Wars always knew better ways to do.

It's like you have no idea of what subtext is.
>>
>>64461843
>4th time
3rd time motherfucker

3rd time.

An invasion by an army of droids is not a Planet-destroying energy beam.

Three deathstars, fucking three.
>>
The best track in the entire franchise. It's this whole scene that makes ROTJ my favorite one. On the Rebel vs. Imperial side things got pretty wonky but on the whole Jedi vs. Sith side, which has been pretty much the core war through the whole franchise, the movie was top fucking notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T989Dyo8qwc
>>
>>64462029
This is a pretty embarrassing post. You should delete it.
>>
>>64462001
>To me Po and Finn seemed like the first two star wars characters that were real friends without any other type of friction
They spent like 5 seconds of allotted screen time together dude. They aren't that close

>Every other pair of friends bickers for like half their lines with each other.
Probably because there is a sense of urgency when you are involved in an intergalactic war

Also, that's what friends do.

Also, you think this because Finn/Poe are the first friendship to be similar in age. Han/Luke was more like brothers. Anakin/Obi was like tutorage. R2/C3PO were polar opposites that work together, but that a cliche movie/story trope
>>
>>64462032
I'm pretty sure the guy misclicked there. No need to get upset over it.

Then again, if we count EU there's probably like 50+ versions. Especially if we include stuff like Darth Nihilus who could do it by will.
>>
>>64462029
>"establish" an attraction
This is the part where everyone realized you're autistic.
>>
>>64462075
he did not misclick. He's been spouting that 4 death stars nonsense for about the whole thread.

His contention is that this
>>64460640
thing from Episode I is the first deathstar, because it controls an army of droids taking over a planet.

>>64461393

That's dumb, and he's dumb for thinking that.
>>
>>64462140
It takes the same role in the narrative as the Death Star. It's just more pottery from Lucas.
>>
>>64462029
>character motivation revealed through dialogue like Han Solo flat-out stating that he's saving Leia for the money is deep
>establishing ahead of time that Finn has a crush on Rey by having him ask her if she has a boyfriend in a context that felt natual and conversational is simple
>>
>>64462185
Its not a Death Star.
A Death Star blows up planets.

That thing does not blow up planets.

We've had 3 Death Stars so far. 3 is too many. No need to pretend we've had 4. We're not fucking stupid (well not that fucking stupid anyway)
>>
>>64461461
Are you from Ruckersville, Virginia?
>>
>>64460624
I also saw it in theatres. Literally can't remember a single piece of music. I can veeeery vaguely recall Kylo's theme, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it in a Youtube video or something since the film. You could play me a whole movement and I would have no idea which film it was from. The Imperial March and Duel of Fates are instantly recognizable.
>>
>>64460747
>they were subtle

>Sheev
>subtle

Ian hammed it up in every scene
>>
>>64462029
Why would Fin even know about the concept of a boyfriend, anyways? Weren't the Stormtroopers in the movie raised to be completely loyal and ruthless, and presumably with no social lives to speak of?

>>64462240
I'm not that guy, I'm just pointing out that it serves as the same plot device.
>>
>>64461630
Yes
>>
>Attack of the Clones
>Not Seismic Charges

>Return of the Jedi
>not 'If you won't turn to the darkside, then perhaps she will!'
>cue >>64462064
>>
>>64462284
>I'm just pointing out that it serves as the same plot device.
yeah, i get that part.
>>
>>64462075
>play TOR when it goes F2P
>Jedi Knight
>story is just tracking down superweapon plans after superweapon plans because they keep falling into Sith hands

You think the Sith would learn if they'd been trying the whole superweapon route for thousands of years but nope. Good thing it's non-canon.
>>
>>64462320
And I never said that it was another Death Star.
>>
>>64462284
>Weren't the Stormtroopers in the movie raised to be completely loyal and ruthless, and presumably with no social lives to speak of?
Attraction is inherent. You can't stamp it out with brainwashing. Also, it's a fun space adventure movie. It should be concerned with realism.
>>
>>64462366
>should be
*shouldn't be
>>
>>64462338
this asshole did
>>64461843
>>64460640
>>64460587
>deathstar FOUR

I loathe him
>>
>>64459231
The Force Awakens
>THE FORCE
>AWAKENS
Prepare your assholes for how strong Rey will become.
>>
>>64459231
The Force Awakens

>stops blaster shot mid air
>storm troopers actually killing shit
>jakku wreckage screen porn
>rey reverse mind raping kylo
>han shooting control panals
>stormtroopers going al robot chicken when >kylo throws a tantrum
>xwing cockpit scene
>ground split scene
>fin getting spine'd
so much more goodness cant wait for the next one
>>
>>64462366
if i was a uptight dick i'd ask why didnt they just chemically castrate them. but it's a fucking kids movie that was campy from the very first movie. i for one loved the campyness and hated how they took it out of the prequels
>>
>>64460359
literally everything in that post is a meme scene
>>
>>64460977
>>64461204
>>64461292
>>64461410
>>64461460
>>64461519
>>64461588
>>64461697
>>64461781
>>64461859
>>64461988
>>64462070

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>64462240
He's not arguing that it's a Death Star. He's arguing that it fills the same role as the Death Star. The "Oh shit we need our ace pilots to get in a bigass space battle and blow this thing up" giant floating MacGuffin.

I agree with you but holy shit dude, reading comprehension.
>>
>>64460368
Leonard nimoy
>>
>>64459231
What a fucking white slaver, I bet he spends his off days with Disney execs boning little boys and girls
>>
These threads should honestly just turn into rolling for predictions for the next movie, it's already beyond a dead horse to talk about TFA.

>Luke dies next film

Shitposting aside I bet they'll kill off at least a few more characters, the normie masses just love character deaths too much nowadays for them to not keep killing people right?
>>
>>64460689
>comes on screen, looks badass, freezes bolt. Sets a good tone
>20 secs later poe dameron does a daft quip for comedic effect
Basically the entire movie
>>
>>64460771
>RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Kylo Ren, The Force Awakens
>>
>>64462733
>He's not arguing that it's a Death Star

I know that
>>64462185
is not claiming it is another death star, but that it simply fills a similar role in the story

but if you can't seriously tell me that that this guy
>>64460587
who I earlier quoted as saying
>deathstar FOUR

and who I have been spewing loathing at for the entire thread, wasn't suggesting that this thing
>>64460640
was a death star...

you know, cause he posted a post that said "Deathstar FOUR" and when questioned about it he linked to that image of the droid control ship.

Which aint no fucking Death Star
>>
>>64462861
yeah that shit pissed me off too.

Started the movie off on the wrong foot.
>>
>>64462855
i was happy when they killed like my initial prediction was new death star stays and kills everyone from ot including luke

but my speculation for the next movie

>knights of ren kill kylo
>snoke luke showdown snoke dies
>leia r2 and c3po dies

yea i want them to kill off everyone save chewie from ot and go another direction

but still tfa solid 8/10
>>
>>64462961
luke dies*
>>
>>64459231
There's nothing memorable about TFA because it was an empty, unfinished film. Honestly, it's a 2 hour trailer for episode VIII and the expanded Disney universe.
>This is what it's gonna be like for the next 10 years, enjoy
>>
>>64463078
>The Fellowship of the Ring is bad because it can't be watched by itself
>>
>>64463188
yes it can
>>
>>64463188
At least Fellowship wasn't a rehash.
>>
>>64463224
It wasn't an original story in the first place. TFA has new characters and a new plot.
>>
>>64463260
>new plot
>>
>New Data
Wat
>>
>>64463210
thats the joke

>>64463224
you could argue that the entire trilogy was a rehash of the Hobbit, but that would sound as retarded as arguing about rehashed star wars movies.

>small group of people set out on adventure
>many trials are passed
>they both go under the same mountain range and end up in mirkwood
>they both run into elves followed by men
>they help the men
>the big bad dragon gets killed
>the big bad sauron gets stopped
>both stories have a massive battle that takes place
>both parties are lead by Gandalf
>>
>>64460046
black guy got hit with a burning cross

kek
>>
>>64459231
Um, Han Solo's death?
>>
>>64462687
Tell that to kanjiclub
>>
>>64463341
That wasn't memorable
>>
>>64463362
I'm one to hate on TFA, I think it was god awful. I personally think RotS is the best one. But come on, that scene was the only good thing about that movie
>>
>>64459958
>new force powers
>force stasis
>new

Fuck off
>>
>>64463392
>I personally think RotS is the best one.
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>64463395
It still bothers me that people don't know TFA was just ANH with plundered EU content.

>>64463260
>new characters
>new plot
You must be joking.
>>
>>64463473
Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren are all new character. It's also technically a new plot, even if it is similar to A New Hope.
>>
>>64463496
Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo in Revan's mask. Rey is just female Luke.
>>
>>64463526
>Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo in Revan's mask.
>Han Solo's son
Literally the only similarity
>>
>>64463302
>thats the joke
good one
>>
>>64463302
>they both go under the same mountain range and end up in mirkwood
The fellowship doesn't go under the misty mountains or end up in Mirkwood. They go through the Mines of Moria which are under different mountains, and they wind up in Lothlorien, which is a different forest.
>>
>>64463568
Jacen Solo fell to the dark side as well
>>
>>64463392
> I personally think RotS is the best one
Anybody with half a brain knows that Empire is the best.
>>
>>64463614
He went from light to dark. Kylo Ren started off dark in the film.
>>
>>64459231
TFA:
>Kylo's sabre
>Poe
>The scene where Poe is flying around in the background of Finn's fighting
>TR8T0R
>Han's finally gone
>Best Falcon flight scenes ever

The score wasnt that memorable
>>
>>64463968
>The score
I don't remember the score being unmemorable
>>
>>64463705
You could say he was born in it.

Moulded by it.
>>
>>64460595
Because we've had a year to repost those images constantly you stupid redditor.

In another year just imagine all the stupid fucking shit you autists will have come up with.
>>
>>64459231
The Phantom Menace
>Podracing
>Duel of Fates

Attack of the Clones
>Anakin destroying the space muslims
>Geonosis battle
>Across the Stars

Revenge of the Sith
>Sheev's baits Ani with story about Darth Palgeuis
>Kill the Younglings
>Order 66
>"You were supposed to be the chosen one!"

A New Hope
>Binary Sunset
>Lukes destroyed home
>Mos Eisley Cantina/Greedo gets cucked
>"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
>Millenium Falcon vs Tie Fighters
>"Use the Force Luke"

The Empire Strikes Back
>AT-AT's attacking the Hoth Rebel base
>Asteroid chase
>"Do or do not. There is no try"
>Han encased in Carbonite
>"No, I am your father."

Return of the Jedi
>Speeder chase
>Battle of Endor Space battle
>"I'll never join the dark side, you failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"
>Anakin's redemption

The Force Awakens
>Rey's introduction and Rey's Theme
>Kylo Ren's internal conflict
>Hux' speech
>The Jedi Steps
>Literally every scene with Kylo Ren

I know it's bait, but after rewatching TFA 3 times, it's pretty memorable.
>>
>>64464316
>a movie that came out a month ago which I have rewatched 3 times is pretty memorable compared to films that came out ten years ago

Wow
>>
>>64464380
I rewatch the OT several times a year, I don't really remember how much stuck with me after I've seen them for the first time. So I rewatched TFA and guess what, it holds up. It's a bit too quippy for me at times, but I'll wait with my final verdict once Ep IX is out.
>>
>>64460771
TRAITOR!
THAT LIGHTSABER,
IT BELONGS TO ME!
>>
TFA is a generic Sci Fi film wearing the skin of Star Wars.

It has more in common with those awful Trek Movies JJ did and those terrible marvel movies. Hiech makes sense since now they're going to run Star Wars into the ground. Just soulless cash grabs shitted out every year.
>>
>>64464597
yeah, at least Lucas had the sense to space out the movies to keep everyone interested in the franchise
>>
File: 1439799270017.jpg (40 KB, 290x391) Image search: [Google]
1439799270017.jpg
40 KB, 290x391
>>64464639
>JJ Wars will pretend midichlorians don't exist
>>
>>64460893
The Jedi Steps in TFA is by far one of the best songs in the saga. Literally what gives me hope that VIII is going to be fantastic.
Also
>Across the Stars
Ok.
>>
>>64464685
People need to let of this thought they are the cause of the Force because it's not the case.

The Plagueis novel actually made them an interesting concept. Why can't the movies do it?
>>
>>64461126

>someone getting their head chopped off
It was done in a way that gave real insight into Anikin's state of mind, and Christopher Lee pulled it off beautifully. It really set up the rest of the movie

>Luke's joke burning down
Was done in such a way that it made you really feel for Luke, the music, the cinematography in that scene was perfect. The cinematography and story pacing in TFA, meanwhile, was a joke
>>
File: 1451292911035.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1451292911035.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
Why is TFA so shilled online? I watched it and literally nothing is interesting, it feels like a forced corporate throwback attempting to capatalize on children (who have grown into full blown autistic nerds) nostalgia
>>
>>64464887
Star Wars is really popular and it's a competently made Star Wars film.
>>
>>64464913
TFA is not Star Wars.
>>
>>64464913
>Main villian is literally Dark Helmet
>Story pacing all over the place
>Ships can now exit hyperspace inside a planets atmosphere behind their sheilds (pity they didn't know that at the Battle of Endor)
>any time there is a chance for character development lol insert more fan service instead
>Characters worked into the movie just to sell merchandise (Phasma, bb8 etc)
>Rey can use powers that not even Luke or Ani could use without significant training (mind trick)
>Lightsaber duel is a tard fest with two basically untrained fighters

Tell me again how it is competently made?
>>
>>64465126
>Tell me again how it is competently made?
Because your complaints don't make sense, and just tell me you didn't pay attention during the movie
>>
>>64465191

it's semi competently made because it had no risk involved and was essentially a modern remake of New Hope that replaced the main characters with a white male and slapped in a Mary Sue female and negroid
>>
File: just.jpg (61 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
61 KB, 640x360
>>64459231
The Force Awakens
>Space Hitler speech
>Chewie we are home
>Traitor spinning
>BB8 thumb up
>Solo dies
>Snoke saying GENERAL
>>
The only thing we got out of Force Awakens is the Snoke. There aren't even any lines to blow out of proportion, they were all to long-winded or roundabout.
>>
>>64459231

If you really think any of this PT trash was good you are either underage or retarded beyond any hope.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.