[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>His name is Finn >The name "Finn" is derived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
>His name is Finn
>The name "Finn" is derived from Irish, it literally means "white"
>There is no way JJ Abrams did not know this

Why did they do this?
>>
>>64452272
>he wears white armor for most of his life

It's like poetry.
>>
>>64452272
don't the irish speak english
>>
File: barry white.jpg (65 KB, 710x710) Image search: [Google]
barry white.jpg
65 KB, 710x710
>>64452272
Because his given name was FN-2187, silly

if it was MK, his name would be Mike, if it was PL, his name would be Paul, etc. Finn just happened to work.

Also I'm pretty sure the same dude who names characters "Kylo" and "Poe" doesn't actually know or care that the name Finn is Irish or means white.

Pic related, a man literally named White. Spoiler alerts: No one cared that his name was White.
>>
>>64452402
I am on board with you that OP is retarded but its not like there is really an evil empire and he was really named FN-2187
Naming a fictional character finn and saying it comes from that is still creating a fictional character named finn. and the origin and meaning of that word are something you can choose as a director.
>>
>>64452496
yes and we live in a world where there are plenty of black people (some who mostly wear white) who happen to be named White.

So yeah, OP is retarded.
>>
>"Eff en huh? I'll call you Fun. Is that alright with you"
>>
His name is a reference to the horde of blacks that will soon overrun the Finnish-Swedish border and replace the ethnic Finns
>>
>>64452541
Again I am on board with that.
But your argument seems to imply that it wasn't a choice.
Which it was.
They decided to name this character Finn.
>>
>>64452307
barely
>>
>>64452541

Yea but Finn is completely fictional. They could have named him anything they wanted, and they deliberately chose a name that means "White".

>>64452402

Pretty sure they gave him the name FN-2187 so he would be called Finn, not the other way around.
>>
File: boyega vader kid.png (1 MB, 998x665) Image search: [Google]
boyega vader kid.png
1 MB, 998x665
>>64452614
>>64452660
i don't know how you guys can't tell that I obviously realize they chose the name Finn for him. no one cares what his name is, again they could have just straight up named him White if they made his code WT or something. again, there are plenty of black people named White and no one cares. So a black man named Finn is hardly a cause of concern.

And if I'm not mistaken, they created all the characters and then did casting for men (of all races) to audition for the role of Finn. Boyega happened to be the guy who got the job.
>>
>>64452402
What if it was NG-2187?
>>
>NG, huh? l'll call you Nig. ls that ok to you?
>>
>>64452973
Nigel
>>
File: 1445859742079.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1445859742079.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>64452272
>implying anyone gives a shit about the Irish language
Nice try McCarthy, your language is dead for a reason
>>
maybe because they knew autists like you would over analyze it?

like seriously uhhh who gives a shit other than you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.