[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tarantino is finished.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (154 KB, 749x316) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
154 KB, 749x316
Tarantino is finished.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>64447198
Is the nightmare finally over?
>>
>>64447198
if a QT movie gets 74% it must be 5/10 tops, not gonna waste 3h on that
>>
Its actually pretty good, I loved it. Gonna go see it again with my uncle. Acting was 10/10, especially that scene with Bob the mexican and samuel jackson where the truths revealed, that was some of the best ive seen from sam jackson
>>
he said hes making 2 more movies after this then will retire so you're not far off
>>
>>64448579
He just says that for attention. He's also said if he gets an idea for an eleventh movie he'll make it anyways.
>>
>>64447198
better than django
>>
>>64447240
>>64447880
so /tv/ is starting to contrarianly like it now that the reviewers are giving it bad reviews?
>>
>>64447198
Tarantino hasn't made a good film in ages, but he'll keep making shitty films.
>>
>>64447368
You do good. This movie isn't the best Tarantino's.
>>
>>64447198
1. Reservoir dogs
2. Inglorious bastards
3. Pulp fiction
4. Jackie Brown
5. Django
6. Hateful eight
>>
>>64448646
Even though its barely certified fresh it still is certified fresh, wouldn't quite call that bad reviews.
>>
>>64447368
Not true. The RT % scale is as fucked up as the electoral college. It bases its percentage on critics who liked the movie vs. disliked, instead of an average score.

Lets assume an example movie is rated by 2 critics, just for simplicity sake.

>One critic gives it a 10/10, the other gives it a 5/10
The RT score will be 50%, since one critic liked it and the other didnt.
>Both critics give the movie a 6/10, or 3/5
The RT score is 100%, certified fresh.
>Both critics give 4/10
the RT score is 0%

This is what causes the inconsistencies between RT% and actual critic consensus.
>>
>>64448915
Yeah we understand how RT works brah
>>
>>64447198
And who the hell cares about "tomatometer"? How is that supposed to say anything about the films quality, is just a bunch of aggregrated reviews

If that said...I think the movie doesn't look all that good. In the other hand it can't be worse than populist sjw trash like Kill Bill and Django. It's most likely mid-tier tarentino
>>
>>64448646
>/tv/
>contrarian

no it's not
>>
>>64448915
In this case the 7.4 average rating perfectly coincides with the 74%.
>>
>>64448915
You don't get upvotes here, go be a try hard somewhere else faggot
>>
>>64447368
Do you like QT? If yes then you will like the movie. If no then you probably won't. Especially if you didn't like Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>64448579
>believing anything this cunt says
>>
>>64447198
Quentin "The Insufferable Cuckhold" Tarantino is shit. Always has been.
>>
>>64448764
The complaints are all similar: too long, too much violence, too much use of the word ni**er. If that stuff does't bother you then you will enjoy the movie.
>>
>>64449112
Fuck you nigger, I at least tried to make a meaningful contribution to the board I lurk and love.
>>
File: 1451077413633.jpg (15 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1451077413633.jpg
15 KB, 401x367
>>64449112
When will the Star Wars kids leave?
>>
>>64449298
I appreciated it anonbro.
>>
>>64447198
I wish he would stop fucking doing le western le war movies le in the past.

he has the autistic brain to make a cool sci fi film.

no one wants to watch a fucking "western" in one room for 3 hours.
>>
>>64448579
Yeah, yeah. Rock stars do this all the time for $$$. Ozzy's Retirement Sucks Tour was one of my first concerts.
>>
>>64449541
Quentin is bringing Hollywood back to its patrician days. It makes sense that a sci-fi loving pleb would hate a character-driven slow-burn mystery thriller that doesn't pander to quip loving autists.
>>
How much gore is in it? Thinking of going with my wife's son but don't want it to be too bloody
>>
>>64449787
A lot.
>>
>>64449609
That's a mistake however. People watched slow paced movies back then not due to a better intelligence, but because there wasn't any competition from internet, videogames, tv and etc around so cinema was the main form of visual entertainment. Now with so many vast options around wagecucks won't go spend their sweaty 15 bucks into a film that cant give them the instant enjoyment that these other aforementioned options can bring
>>
>>64448915
Good thing RT also provides the average score and a summary, right?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.