[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Hermione
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 39
File: Black.png (569 KB, 641x428) Image search: [Google]
Black.png
569 KB, 641x428
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-01-03/emma-watson-has-given-her-verdict-on-the-new-stage-hermione

> Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified.

Except that they cast a white girl to play her in the first place.
Except in Rowlings sketch http://holykaw.alltop.com/harry-potter-characters-drawn-by-jk-rowling-i where Hermione is clearly white looking.
Except where she allowed a book cover to have a white Hermione http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Cover_art?file=Harry-Potter-And-The-Prisoner-Of-Azkaban_novel.jpg
Except where Hermione's parents are dentists and not unemployed.
>>
>mudblood
>>
Literally no one gives a shit abou theatre.
>>
>>64444728
Why are white males so obsessed?

Whatever the person who created Hermoine says, goes.

/thread
>>
yikes shes spoopy looking
>>
>>64445509
*drinks white girl tears*
>>
I wish they wouldn't argue about whether she was anon black or not. She wasn't.

But who gives a shit. A cutie black girl could play her in a tv show or play and it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>64445425
>mfw you can go full sjw on her now and call her a klan racist
>>
>>64444728
This is weeks old. move on
>>
>>64444728
>caring about black hermione
Ron isn't even a redhead.

It's a fucking play.

Get over it.
>>
>>64444728

If they weren't disingenuous and simply said: "yeah, we're hiring a nigger to play her, so what?" people wouldn't complain as much.
>>
>>64444728
Christ that nigger is fucking ugly as sin. Isn't this character at least supposed to be attractive? There are hot nig women. Why cast this awful looking old hag? Look at her abysmal teeth
>>
The more you bump these threads, the more JK knows you're going to eat all of the fabricated controversy she creates, whereas any other author would create more books. Because attention is all progressive SJW's care about, and it's so easy to get here.
>>
this is so tolerant!
>>
File: Unknown.png (19 KB, 1111x767) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
19 KB, 1111x767
/theater/ board when? Im tired of plays and musical posting ruining my /tv/ board
>>
>>64445509
>Whatever the person who created Hermoine says, goes.
Hey, remember when Rowlings admitted that Harry and Hermione should have hooked up and that Ron and Hermione was a mistake?

Remember how the fans reacted to that? They said that the creator herself was wrong about that. Rowlings is wrong about this, too.
>>
>giving a shit about who they cast in a british made-for-tv THEATRE production of harry potter

really scraping the bottom of the barrel eh? the white race is being supplanted, one play at a time no doubt.
>>
Honestly it really doesn't fucking matter. What does fucking matter is that black Hermione looks like a burnt Green Goblin from the original Spider-Man movie. She's not supposed to be knockout gorgeous but this is too far in the other direction.
>>
Personally... I think racebending is bullshit no matter the reasons.

If you want black and minority actors in role... get more black and minority characters.

Stop recycling the same old white characters over and over and over.

Don't make Hermione black.
Make a new character like Hermoine and make her black and support new characters and ideas.

Of course Hollywood and Warners aren't gonna do that, so they are just gonna lazily take old ass character they keep recycling and cast token black people.

And then turn around and cast clearly Japanese anime characters as black and white actors. Because casting a black person as a white character is enough of a half assed token to signal change that they don't have to actually give a shit about actual diversity, even with a growing and popular group like Asians.
>>
>>64444728
Black Hermione looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down then got bead with the ugly stick for good measure.
>>
Meanwhile I saw MacBeth with a black guy as MacDuff. Given that MacBeth is such an old play that has been done so many times, might as well open up casting to all races. Only weird bit was when he made a comment about his face turning white. Yet the casting worked fine. We know there were no black guys leading clans in Scotland in that time, but the actor did a fine job and fit the role well.

Meanwhile, stuff like Akira or Harry Potter are not centuries old tales cast numerous times on stage. They're recent stories with somewhat new characters. Why racebend when you could support similarly new stories with minority characters? Or you know, with stuff like Akira, actually cast Asians in Asian parts.
>>
what is this i dont even

not only is she black, but she's uglier than fuck
>>
>>64445551
This. If they want a black Hermione then sure why not who's gonna stop 'em? It's silly, but it's a fucking random play who cares. But to act as if Hermione was definitely always black in the first place is just pure nonsense.
>>
>>64446469

It's not that she was definitely black, just that she could be. And she couldn't.

She was written as white because JK wanted her to be white. If JK then turns around and says "XD she could be black", she's a disingenuous fuck. The indian girls in the movies were WRITTEN as indian. It's JK's fault for being a racist an not making more relevant black people in the first place.
>>
>>64446718
>It's not that she was definitely black, just that she could be.

Even so that's still nonsense.
>>
>>64446124
They made Finn, but you complained the same way Tbh
>>
this is the post-myspace world we live in
>>
brits are running out of white women, that's why
>>
File: 1341259898897.jpg (61 KB, 540x749) Image search: [Google]
1341259898897.jpg
61 KB, 540x749
>>64444728
Suddenly all those mudblood jibes take on a new meaning
>>
You do realise that Rowling is not claiming that Hermione is not and has never been white, simply that her race is open to interpretation, right? It's a little disingenuous, but she's not saying anything like what OP is claiming, and it's not unreasonable. I picture different races for characters all the time when I'm reading. I pictured Lyra from His Dark Materials having black hair and green eyes at the beginning of the novel and when Pullman said she was blonde I disregarded that because fuck it.
>>
>>64444728
Can you imagine if they made Blade, or Apollo Creed white? It's stupid and they shouldn't be race swapped for no reason.
>>
>>64446124
>Make a new character like Hermoine and make her black

You cannot engineer success faggot.

>let's just make a new Harry Potter

Are you fucking really even slightly remotely goddamn serious?

WEEEEEEEW
>>
>>64446739

How the fuck is that nonsense? Do you even read?
>>
>>64447062
>simply that her race is open to interpretation
But that's still stupid.

She wrote her as a stereotypical white person, she paid illustrators to draw her white (or okay'd it when the publishers did), she herself drew her as a white person, and so on.

What's happened here is some fuckwit on tumblr saw that it isn't explicitly stated in canon that Hermione is definitely Caucasian and went, "OMG progressive!" and JK's just running with it because she's afraid of being called racist if she says, "No that's stupid."
>>
>>64446829

^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>64445509
Not when it's flat out wrong.
>white skin was never specified
It was. That's either a lie or a mistake on her part.

Can someone post the image if they have it? I'm looking for it at the moment, but someone took a picture of a page of one of the books where Hermione's skin is described as white.
>>
>>64445808
Ask on /his/ maybe? Decent overlap with /lit/, I'm kind of surprised they don't have regular shakespeare threads
>>
>>64447301
>But that's still stupid.

No, it isn't. It's a book, you use your imagination. What illustrators do is less than unimportant, it's virtually redundant.

>She wrote her as a stereotypical white person

literally wut

Hermione is a white stereotype now? Does she get sunburnt easily, eat flavourless foods and dance like shit?
>>
>>64447312
also her biological mother is described as having pale skin

checkm8 raciests
>>
File: poa-uk-kids-jacket-art[1].jpg (3 MB, 3120x5082) Image search: [Google]
poa-uk-kids-jacket-art[1].jpg
3 MB, 3120x5082
>>64447257
Are you fucking blind?

And I swear to god if you use the word headcanon I'm going to find and rape you.
>>
>>64444728
Nobody of significance cares.
>>
>>64446829
and finn was originally written as white until jj get on his hands and knees and fellated some disney execs to let him put a token black guy in his movie on the basis that "hollywood is too white"
>>
>>64444728
>Black Hermione
Why?

Who the fuck even wants this?
>>
>>64447312

It's a passage that says she turns white, from fear. As in the blood is drained from her face. It's a pretty minor detail, and shouldn't stand in the way of you imagining she's whatever race you want. Pic related is 'black' racially, with a fair complexion, and could conceivably turn white with fear.
>>
>>64447429
Her cheeks go red

That's literally not possible for dark skinned people
>>
>>64444728
>Europe has so many foreigners that native Europeans now have to specify race when writing characters set in European locations
>>
File: 1422114903270.png (175 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1422114903270.png
175 KB, 900x900
why do you obsessed cucks keep talking about this obscure shitty play

the only reason they even cast a black woman is to drum up attention from braindead /pol/acks and their equivalents

this is the same shit that happened on /v/ with that anita kike

when you retards learn
>>
>>64447429
>you use your imagination
And your shitty imagination is not canon you dumb fucking cunt.

>Stereotypes are only bad things or jokes made by black comedians and Woody Allen
The obnoxious swat girl in the history of fiction and real life is and always has been white.
>>
File: jkr_gary.jpg (107 KB, 650x657) Image search: [Google]
jkr_gary.jpg
107 KB, 650x657
>>64447546
I didn't get that impression, I think we're talking about different passages

The one I'm thinking of describes her as having pale white skin

>>64447429
So what about when THE AUTHOR HERSELF DREW HERMIONE AS WHITE?
>>
>>64444728
she's so fucking ugly, no amount of talent would ever let me get passed her terrifying face
>>
>>64444728
im fine with black hermonie but the woman on the right is ridiculously ugly after watson
>>
>>64447312
So? In another book she's described as brown.
>>
>>64447687

Who the fuck is Gary?
>>
File: 1428119415845.png (33 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
1428119415845.png
33 KB, 899x547
>>64447510
>>
File: whiteface.jpg (29 KB, 598x211) Image search: [Google]
whiteface.jpg
29 KB, 598x211
>>64447546
>>
>>64447656
>this is the same shit that happened on /v/ with that anita kike
Thats who is spamming this trash
>>
>>64447481

It's a book cover mate, it's no more a valid interpretation of the text than the reader's imagination. Fucking hell, what did teach you in school?
>>
should've made pic related Hermione tbrh my men
>>
>>64447687
Illustrations are not the text.
>>
>>64445496
This, they picked a black for the role because they knew it was the only way anyone would even know this place existed
>>
>>64447769
I know, and the crossposting /pol/fags eat it right up because the sight of a nigger in anything triggers them.
>>
File: 1.jpg (283 KB, 720x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
283 KB, 720x538
>>64447546
>As in the blood is drained from her face.
White people invented the phrase, you doofus. They have a naturally pink complexion where the blood in the cheeks is located, which goes away when they are scared

Black people's skin does not change when they are scared

The girl you posted is an anomaly.
>>
>>64447687
>So what about when THE AUTHOR HERSELF DREW HERMIONE AS WHITE?

It's a valid interpretation.
>>
>>64444728
How the fuck would two dentists allow their daughter to have such horrifying teeth?
>>
>>64447738
It said she LOOKS brown, not that she is
>They were there, both of them, sitting outside Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor — Ron looking incredibly freckly, Hermione very brown, both waving frantically at him.

Here is a passage (>>64447765)that directly states the color of her face. And no, it's not "white from fear", it's white. She's not afraid in that chapter either, she's determined and nervous because they are taking on a difficult time-sensitive task.
>>
File: 1450672005386.jpg (46 KB, 501x369) Image search: [Google]
1450672005386.jpg
46 KB, 501x369
>>64447765
>>
Who cares? Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>64447772

Would fuck her brains out tbqfhds
>>
>>64447779
So what about the text saying her face is white? >>64447765
>>64447868
>looking freckly
>looking brown

As opposed to a definite statements like "her white face"
>>
>>64447868
stormweenies BTFO
>>
>>64447843
>The girl you posted is an anomaly.

lol, go outside
>>
File: 1442528145169.jpg (714 KB, 900x762) Image search: [Google]
1442528145169.jpg
714 KB, 900x762
>>64444728
>>
>>64447909
>"her white face"
>definite statements
She's an octoroon.
>>
>>64447886
>hot as fuck
>literal mudblood
>british
>>
>>64446469
If you don't like it.
Don't pay for it.

Funny how conservatives aren't for the free market when their little delicate racial sensitivities get triggered by it.
>>
>>64444728
Do they allow anvils into the theater this is playing at? My wife's son make me carry his around to break open his crab legs whenever we go to see a play.
>>
>>64447843
>The girl you posted is an anomaly.

Visit London sometime.
>>
File: image.png (293 KB, 599x534) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293 KB, 599x534
>>64444728

>White skin was never specified.

Yes it was.
>>
>>64444728

It wouldn't bother me if Hermione was originally black. this feels like the same shit she pulled when she made dumbledore gay. It's fine to do that, to challenge social expectations of race or colour or sexuality...but to retrofit it is just a lazy attempt to get credibility for something you've not really done.
>>
It's never attractive black people that play traditionally white roles, it's the niggerest ones they can find. I find that suspicious.
>>
>>64447866

If I'm not mistaken, she looked brown because she had been on vacation in the Mediterranean.
>>
File: 1438909573591.png (338 KB, 536x395) Image search: [Google]
1438909573591.png
338 KB, 536x395
>>64448009
see
>>64447868
>>
>>64448009
Not Caucasian specified. Mixed race people and some gooks and the Irish have white skin.
>>
>>64448009
>white face
>>
>>64448035
Because she's a mudblood. If she were true English she'd be red burned.
>>
>>64448035
real white people don't get tan you mongrel
>>
>>64448099
So Hermoine is actually half-chinese? would explain her overachieving nature
>>
File: RizAhmed.jpg (124 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
RizAhmed.jpg
124 KB, 600x900
>>64448009
> white face
>>
>>64448035
>she looked brown because she had been on vacation in the Mediterranean

So she should be crispy and flaky like a true white girl then.
>>
>>64445509
>Whatever the person who created Hermoine says, goes.
Death of the Author.
>>
>>64448176
>white
>that lighting
kek, fuck off
>>
>>64444728
This is a fucking play that has nothing to do with the movies so fuck you for comparing it to Watson's portrayal. She wasn't "recast", nor did she "become black".

Second of all it's a fucking adaptation, which means, just as Voldemort was never described as a noseless Jackson-tier freak, or Sauron as a big magical vagina, that they can take some liberties as to what the fuck they want to change.

Third of all, it's a fucking play none of you retards are ever going to go and see so shut the fuck up already and save everyone the trouble of stumbling upon your half-coherent trash posts.

This board is the fucking cancer and I feel ashamed for even coming on here.
>>
File: 1417691202787-edit.jpg (376 KB, 979x1268) Image search: [Google]
1417691202787-edit.jpg
376 KB, 979x1268
>>64447878
THIS
>>
Instead of making Hermoine black, why not have a black character at Hogwarts to follow?

Character lives matter, people.

Don't make a white character black.

Support more black characters.
>>
>>64444728
> Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified.

Technically, white skin was specified. Hermione is described as having a "white face", and she also gets tan and blushes (two things which black people don't do, at least not visibly).

I don't have a problem with them casting Hermione as black (not like her skin color is relevant to the character), but it just seems a bit silly to me for the author of all people to go back and say "Hermione was never white you guys" when she's the one who wrote the book in the first place and should really know better. But whatever, it's not like American autists who loved the Harry Potter books when they were kids are the target audience for some artsy British play anyway.
>>
>>64448035
fucking thank you

she looked brown because she got tan. The text doesn't say she WAS brown, just that she looked very brown. Plus it was the first time Harry had seen her since the last school year, so the brown comment was definitely about her tan.

>>64448058
You don't get to backpedal for her. She didn't say "Caucasian was never specified" she said "white skin was never specified" WHICH IT WAS
>>64448176
Doesn't matter, She claimed white skin wasn't specified, and there's evidence that it was. She doesn't remember the shit she rights.

>>64448261
Your irrational anger makes you fit right in. The issue isn't recasting, it's that JKR lied about Hermione not being described as having white skin.
>>
>>64448176
>>64448099

I don't think people would be as mad if they made her part Asian anon
>>
>>64448261
What do you think of pic related?
>>
>>64448297
wait. "Frank" and "Inherent Vice"?

WTF.
>>
File: screencap-00623.jpg (12 KB, 592x320) Image search: [Google]
screencap-00623.jpg
12 KB, 592x320
>>64448297
> that list
>>
>>64448176

Not white you dumb cunt.
>>
>>64448370
>theater
>>
>>64448370

That's a little odd. Isn't the story meant to be at least loosely based on history?
>>
>>64448354
>She didn't say "Caucasian was never specified" she said "white skin was never specified" WHICH IT WAS
White skin doesn't unnecessary mean Caucasian. Hence, still not specified.
>>
>>64448354
>Your irrational anger makes you fit right in
"Mom, dad, some anon used some big words on the Internet and the only thought I can be arsed to have is that they're obviously impulsively angry"

>JKR lied about Hermione not being described as having white skin
She didn't. If you can't fucking read I'm not going to spend time arguing with you.
>>
>>64448427
What's your point?
>>
>>64444728
why does hollywood love ugly black women?
>>
>>64448482
Can you read? Read the words JKR wrote that says "WHITE FACE"

There's nothing to argue. You're objectively wrong, and present no argument.
>>
>>64448058
>le irish isnt white meem becuz im not irish
>>
>>64448348
>(two things which black people don't do, at least not visibly).
She's light skinned black.
>>
>>64448472
But white skin was specified. And JKR said it wasn't.

How fucking hard is this to understand?
>>
>>64448591
But Caucasian wasn't. How fucking hard is this to understand?
>>
File: 1438905906286.jpg (41 KB, 301x351) Image search: [Google]
1438905906286.jpg
41 KB, 301x351
>>64448502
that people of different races play characters in theater all the fucking time? there are multiple versions of Othello where he's played by a white guy in black face or even just an actual white guy

women in plays were played by men in fucking drag a few centuries ago

my point is you don't know fucking anything and are shitting up the board by falling for shlomo's tricks to draw attention for this shitty play, treating it like this is something "new"
>>
>>64447868
Wasn't that because she had just gotten back from a beach vacation with her muggle parents?
>>
>>64448370
I'm thinking that I don't fucking care since I had no idea of that thing's existence until you asked me about it and I have no intention of going to go see said thing.

Other people do whatever the fuck they want with the entertainment they wish to make and consume. I have no reason to make this about me.
>>
>>64448629
Caucasian has nothing to do with it. She could be an asian with white skin, but that doesn't change the fact that JKR was incorrect.

White skin was specified. Fact.
JKR tweeted that white skin wasn't specified. Fact.
>>
>>64444728

It doesn't matter what race she is, but god damn it, she should be at least attractive. I can't fap to this.
>>
>>64444728
If Hermione is black, how are they gonna explain the fact her and Ron's daughter has red hair? That'd be rare as fuck to get from a black/white couple
>>
>>64447429
>eat flavourless foods

is this that thing where niggers say white people don't eat spices or something? fucking lol
>>
>>64444728
she blushes multiple times i nthe book and people notice that

black people can't blush
>>
>>64448702
magic
>>
>>64447770
>It's a book cover mate, it's no more a valid interpretation of the text than the reader's imagination.

>official book cover
>no more valid than readers imagination

What the actual fuck kind of dumb fuck hobo logic is this? I think you're stringing random words together hoping it magically forms some kind of coherent point. Did you even go to school?
>>
>>64448758
Light skin nigras do.
>>
>>64448543
Well fuck, I guess she'd better not have written that any character was "red as a tomato", or you guys would be all up and arms about the non-casting of any red people.

There's another line in which Hermione is said to look very brown. Whoopty doo.
>>
>>64447868

It was explained Hermione went somewhere on holiday and was tanned as fuck. No one mentions this.
>>
>>64447770

except that the author authorized the covers. you think she wouldve okayed a covet with a black harry?
>>
>>64447997
It's funny because you liberal babies can't comprehend the concept of being for a free market while not being absolutely stoked on every single thing it produces. Slit your wrists you stupid fat fuck
>>
>>64448883
>implying darkies can't get darker
>>
>>64448370
Shakespeare is totally different, because it has entered a cultural sphere where everyone knows the stories. Any given production is more about the actors and the interpretation rather than being "true to the original". Shakespeare's plays can be set in pretty much any time period because they are more about characterisation than plot points.

Harry Potter, by contrast, is very much a story driven by plot circumstance. Hermione doesn't really have any character beyond "is clever, a bit bossy, a hand-wringing liberal and middle-class", but she has always been white. Unless the play goes in some pretty weird artistic directions, I can't imagine it being something an audience can get over,
>>
>>64448879
Absolutely pathetic attempt at a response. It's time to just stop responding and accept that you failed.
>>
>>64448879
Because she got a sun tan you fucking idiot

I'm not talking about her ethnicity, I'm taking about JKR making a mistake.

It's fucking simple

>claim white skin wasn't specified
>evidence says it was
There's no argument, JKR was wrong. I'm not event discussing race, just facts.
>>
File: 13215191.png (298 KB, 539x300) Image search: [Google]
13215191.png
298 KB, 539x300
>>64448009
Her surname was enough to imply her race as Irish/French. Which back in the 90's (the setting for the Potter universe) was a safe bet for being a white person.
>>
Dumbledore I'm okay with since he could be interpreted as gay. It's never explicitly stated exactly what kind of holes he likes and it's not like anything Rowling says outside the actual books matters anyway. If you never read any interview or saw any movies and all you're going on is what's in the books, you could read him as gay or you could read him as straight. Rowling's words are in mushy, tentatively canon space until she commits them to a canon book, so you can just disregard anything you don't like.

Hermione's race is a little more explicit. She's not specifically white, but descriptions of her physical appearance exclude a lot of black people. It's not a common interpretation that she's black, but there are enough loopholes to reach that conclusion if your mind is looking for it, and it's not like what's written in the books is some legally binding document for what characters look like in cash-in adaptations. Anyway the point is Rowling is full of shit but you could interpret Hermione as black without losing "nerd cred" or whatever it is that makes anyone care about this.
>>
>>64449195
Moroccan.
>>
>>64445667
Because apparently British dentists don't know their fucking jobs.
>>
File: RdP.jpg (29 KB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
RdP.jpg
29 KB, 400x369
>>64449195
>French
Well that settles it. She really is a Roux de Poux.
>>
>>64448354
>She doesn't remember the shit she rights
>rights
>>
>>64445551
This is not a cute black girl she's gross
>>
>>64444728

Ugly as SHIT
>>
IT'S A SHITTY PLAY

WHO

GIVES

A

FUCK?
>>
Kinda feel bad for Ron now.
>>
>>64449517
/pol/
>>
>>64449447
>someone made a typo

Thanks for pointing it out, you really contributed to the thread,
>>
>>64444728

I don't care about her being black.

But did they have to cast THAT
>>
>>64448724
>niggers say white people don't eat spices

Yes. White people like mayo and shit, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI76G6F1x_w
>>
>>64449517
The controversy is exactly what they want. Literally the entire reason they picked the ugliest nigress they could find was to stir up the social justice crowd to draw attention to it, in the hopes of more people buying tickets.
>>
>>64448787

I studied English Lit at degree level, trust me, at no point was there a seminar on taking into account the illustration on the cover of a book.
>>
>>64445509
Shut up jew :)
>>
File: 1424231954062.jpg (58 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1424231954062.jpg
58 KB, 600x535
>>64449604
>english lit at degree level
>>
>>64449554
Yes, for maximum overrustle
>>
>>64449548

A typo is hitting or not hitting a key, not using a homophone you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>64449027
First of all you getting a tan doesn't mean you're white. Second of all, when her face is described as white, she's literally in a situation of fear, hence "white" could be hyperbolic for "pale", or just metaphorical.

You fuckwits just want her to be white and you can't accept that she might not necessarily be.
>>
>>64449646
>it's great to read English Literature, but not to study it

okay
>>
>>64448370

its theater you fucking pleb
>>
>>64449677
A typo is typing the wrong thing, it's not limited to spelling errors
>>64449680
I didn't say it means you're white, I was just explaining the context to the person who was trying to claim that passage is describing her as dark skinned.
>Second of all, when her face is described as white, she's literally in a situation of fear
She's not in a situation of fear, she's in a situation of anxiety and stress, There's a huge different to describing "turning white" and describing someones face as white.
>>
>>64449852

USING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORD IS NOT A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR

I KNEW I WAS DEALING WITH A STUPID FUCK HERE BUT HOLY SHIT I AM DONE
>>
>>64449532
Ginger men deserve nothing less (or more).
>>
>>64449929
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/typo

Sorry anon, but you're wrong. Getting frustrated and caps lock yelling won't change that
>>
File: 1450713804922.jpg (30 KB, 913x74) Image search: [Google]
1450713804922.jpg
30 KB, 913x74
>>
>>64444728
>an adaption of something does something different than its originial source

Holy autism, call the police. Plotwise it wouldn't make much difference, except maybe a slight confusion about the term 'mudblood'
>>
When petty things like this makes such big waves it really scares me. Not because of Jews or whatever /pol/shit, but it shows that we are literally on our way to a race war
>>
>>64450050
Someone's tweeted this shit and the "Hermione's white face" thing to Rowling right?
>>
>>64448545
Angry potato-american detected.
You're black as bog.
>>
>>64448368
lord knows I wouldn't
>>
>>64445509
>Hermione's white face was sticking out from behind a tree

Authors retconning their work deserve no respect.
>>
>>64444728
Of fuck off. Just be honest and say you don't want niggers in public media.
>>
File: 1447230069445.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
1447230069445.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>64448297
]>kroinefan81
>>
>>64450666
I don't believe you Satan
>>
>>64444728
Those teeth a definitely british.
>>
>>64447772
Sat next to her on the tube
>>
File: Hermione's white face.jpg (56 KB, 599x319) Image search: [Google]
Hermione's white face.jpg
56 KB, 599x319
>>64444728
>Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified.

How's that again?
>>
File: Crayfish.png (63 KB, 321x275) Image search: [Google]
Crayfish.png
63 KB, 321x275
Maybe Hermione uses magic to bleach her skin
>>
File: 1370038136001.jpg (61 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
1370038136001.jpg
61 KB, 300x355
I think they should go ahead and re-make the LOTR trilogy with a more diverse cast. When I read the books which I love) I always imagined Aragorn as a black dude, very muscular and cool.

Maybe they can also make the gay undertones between Gimli and Legolas more pronounced.

The movies are great, but they are kinda outdated and - well - racist. It's 2016 ffs, give us a proper LOTR movie! What do you think, guys?
>>
>>64450037
>linking to a definition that doesn't support your claim

what a fucking retard
>>
>>64452395

I'd actually really like a racebent LotR or GoT.
>>
>>64452395
Fuck man if Lord of the Rings came out today everyone on /tv/ would complain about that "I am not a man" scene.

Don't pretend they need to change anything to make /tv/ upset.
>>
File: Fire me.png (214 KB, 321x390) Image search: [Google]
Fire me.png
214 KB, 321x390
>>64445509
Hey George Lucas.
>>
>>64444728
I don't mind a black girl playing hermonie but this bitch is ugly, uglier than boyega. There are plenty of hot black actresses.
>>
>>64445859
Fans are retarded about anything and everything. If you don't go by Word of God then why don't you just make up whatever the fuck you want and have your own fictional universe to jack off in?
>>
There should really be a board for theater

She's a /lit/ topic relevant to /tv/ because film series, and you guys are complaining about a black theater actress.

It's a non-issue.
>>
>>64447765

> every nigger lover in this thread fukken rekt
>>
>>64447687
>Gary
??????????????
>>
>>64453221
Not even close
>>
File: Rupert+Grint+3RDdY6EyeyNm.jpg (28 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Rupert+Grint+3RDdY6EyeyNm.jpg
28 KB, 360x240
once u go black u never go back
>>
File: 66.png (325 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
66.png
325 KB, 500x412
>>
>>64445509
I know right? Ugh! I can't believe the nerve of some like like it's 2016 now for Christ's sake.
>>
Why stop there? It's never been specified whether Hermione was or was not trans. So you see Hermione is actually trans. This is canon. DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>64445509

They had book drawings as a white girl. She did a sketch that made her like 99% a white girl. There's a pic on this thread now about her WHITE face sticking out. They cast a white girl. The brown part was after she got a tan while on vacation.

They then go an cast some black ugly woman for the part, granted for some how give a shit play. The whole thing is just stupid.
>>
>>64453711
says the one obsessed with bbc
>>
I literally fail to see the problem here.
>>
File: RON JUST.png (519 KB, 538x661) Image search: [Google]
RON JUST.png
519 KB, 538x661
>>64453526
>>
>>64445509
>white males
Nice bullshit but pretty sure plenty of creators would want to keep characters the same. Ian fleming would never want a nigger bond for example.
>>
HOL UP HARRY
>>
>>64444728
im more concerned with how old she looks tbqh
>>
>>64454304
good she has great tits
>>
>>64454560
implants
>>
>>64449680
>Second of all, when her face is described as white, she's literally in a situation of fear, hence "white" could be hyperbolic for "pale", or just metaphorical.
Yeah because black people can get pale from fear right?
Fucking retard
>>
>>64444728
The actress must have been pretty desperate to inject herself in the middle of this racial war

Reverse examples of this don't really exist, but if they did I would never take the role of an established black character when the world is on high alert for racial bullshit

Also, she looks like 40 years old
>>
>>64446124
It's a play, they do this stuff all the time
It's called blind casting

They have men play women too
>>
She is like 50. How old are the other cast members?
>>
>>64454581
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>64455007
It's a sequel set decades after the last book.
>>
In Shakespeare's time men played women on stage. Thus in UK theatre there is a tradition of changing the gender/race etc of characters. Plays with heavily re-imagined characters are commonplace.

Hence McKellen's WW2 Richard III, hence black Hamlet, hence female Hamlet, etc.
>>
>>64444728
I want Emma Watson to be lesbo-blacked hard.
>>
>>64447772

She's Dominican, not black. That's not progressive enough
>>
>>64447868
tanned

please stop grabbing at weak straws

holy shit do you think she would just literally state the normal color of her skin for no reason? what kind of politacally fucking misled retards are you?
>>
>harry potter
>children power fantasies
why is this a discussion? who cares? were you going to see the movie? Are you actually a harry potter fan? Seriously though, who the fuck cares.
>>
>>64444728
What about Lavender Brown? She was literally played by nothing but black actresses until she had to date Ron Weasley. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Lavender_Brown
I guess miscegenation isn't allowed.
>>
>>64457953
Domican is just burrito black.
>>
>>64447546
that totally looks like the chick in op
>>
>>64447843
>mental gymastics
>>
>>64447546
>Pic related is 'black' racially
Chuckled
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.