[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this was bretty gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: jarhead.jpg (121 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
jarhead.jpg
121 KB, 728x409
this was bretty gud
>>
Yeah. It's a solid flick. Starts to meander towards the end, which I think is intentional, but I doesn't work that well IMO. Still worth a watch.
>>
That movie is garbage man.
>>
>>64443175
>Starts to meander
That's one of the reasons why it and Gen Kill are the only accurate depictions of the military.

Everything else is either propaganda or smear pieces written by art majors.
>>
I didn't "get" the ending.
>>
>>64443094
diet full metal jacket
>>
>>64443094
Intro drill sgt scene is better than Kubrick's.

Fite me irl cunts
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 350x300
>>64443297

>I didn't "get" the ending.
>>
>>64443306
>>64444248
full metal jacket is a overrated meme piece of shit
>>
tl;dr he was wound up way too tight for Iraq and the Marines.

I found him to be immature.
>>
>>64443175
If it starts to seem like everything slows down and gets more boring, tedious and ends on an anticlimactic note, that's the point.
>>
>>64443306
FMJ was a diet The Hill (1965)
>>
>>64444599

That's what I said. Cinematically, there are other ways to handle it though. For instance, a film doesn't need to bore the audience to show how bored a character is.
>>
>>64444668
It didn't bore me. I love that movie.
>>
>>64444469
Fuck you
>>
>>64444877
Same. I thought Jake G carried the film enough to make it enjoyable.
>>
>>64444901
did I triggered you, reddit?
>>
>>64445018
No, but your bad taste did.
>>
>>64443294
context? It definitely looks like punishment, but what are they doing?
>>
>>64445548
That's just how bored they are
>>
>>64444877

It didn't bore me either. That's just an example.

The meandering didn't need to be highlighted by meandering.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.