[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force Awakens absolutely BTFO by LA Times >Admit it: �
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: jew-abrams.jpg (41 KB, 594x404) Image search: [Google]
jew-abrams.jpg
41 KB, 594x404
Force Awakens absolutely BTFO by LA Times

>Admit it: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' stinks -- and here's why

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-star-wars-the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html
>>
It works though. People are dumb enough to pay for the same movie over and over again
>>
He shows his bias in the first line
Dropped
>>
File: hvem kan det være.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
hvem kan det være.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>64442689
>>
>>64442689
>"We wrote these characters but when we went to cast it, one of the things I had felt, having been to the Emmys a couple times — you look around that room and you see the whitest fucking room in the history of time. Its just unbelievably white. And I just thought, we’re casting this show and we have an opportunity to do anything we want, why not cast the show with actors of color? Like not for sure, and if we can’t find the actors who are great, we shouldn’t, but why don’t we make that effort because it wasn’t written that way and isnt that the cooler version of doing this as opposed to saying ‘this is an urban show’. It fucking kills me when they call something ‘an urban movie’ like its a separate thing, like ‘its that thing over there.’ "

>"Like not for sure, and if we can’t find the actors who are great, we shouldn’t,"

>purposefully deleting parts from quotations to further your agenda

Hi /pol/
>>
>>64443961
Hi /jidf/
>>
>>64442689
It's great seeing people slowly realizing the movie was shit.
>>
>>64444581
it truly was shit! cant believe imdb gave it 8.5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/
>>
>>64442689
Everyone on /tv/ knew TFA was a Disney cash grab on the SW franchise. That columnist knew it after he watched the movie too. I mean wtf is the point of this thread? /tv/ knows it was a bad movie.
>>
omg lol http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/
>>
>>64443961
he's talking about LOST btw
>>
I enjoyed the experience of watching it at IMAX, but overall it isn't great.

Pacing is all off some scenes are so cringey....
>>
>>64445506
Its not bad, its just not any good
>>
>>64442689
BTFO'd hard.

That's the future you chose redditors.
>>
File: 1406286071817.jpg (8 KB, 186x178) Image search: [Google]
1406286071817.jpg
8 KB, 186x178
Room goes dark, the movie starts and I'm starting to see things I recognize
>>
>>64443961

wow

have seen this argument a hundred times here and had no idea this was the real quote

why the fuck was this shit spammed for a year? there is nothing irrational about what he said
>>
>>64442689
>I don't like it because it is pulpy and marketed well

what a fucking pussy, and a bad movie watcher too
>>
File: hiltzik-sock-puppets.jpg (27 KB, 1063x598) Image search: [Google]
hiltzik-sock-puppets.jpg
27 KB, 1063x598
Notwithstanding his taste in movies, Michael Hiltzik is still a left-wing douche;he's on reason I stopped reading that rag. I wouldn't believe anything he said even if his tongue was stamped and notarized.
>>
>>64442946
and people paid to watch the phantom menace three or four times. i watched the phantom menace three times. something felt off but i was so hyped and happy because of star wars that it wasn't until a year later and after having the dvd in my hand and after downloading the asian ascreener did i find myself only watching the jedi light saber battle. i tried to watch the whole thing and could never get into it, and would go to the saber duel and watch that. a problem i never had with the original trilogy.

same thing will happens for the force awakens. in a year the die hard fans of this will slowly turn against it. they at the moment can't see how shitty it is but the very same part of their minds that knows its shit, will eventually come to the fore and shout at them the loudest, when the noise of the excitement dies down to audible levels within their minds eye.

>>64442989
the movie is shit, move on with your pathetic life. it isn't even poorly done like the prequels are, it is shit because of plot convenience, shitty characterization and plot holes the size of Ur-anus.
>>
>>64442689

Why do legitimate newspapers use clickbait headlines now?
>>
>>64445963
no, it's bad, really, really bad. the glaring plot holes and the inconsistencies in the lore is jarring, to say the least.

Luke held Anakin's saber and more emotion should have been attached to it if some one should have benefited from it psychically at all, but instead of him, who was closer to the power his father had, it was Rey who felt some psychic resonance from it. Even though said psychic resonance did not exist until this movie.
>>
>>64446051
yup, it perfectly copies the imagery from a new hope and none of the substance.it's really god awful.

>>64446468

no, he's right, they took shit, put lettuce and tomatoes on it and called it organic, and then marketed it as the new thing that's suave and stuff and is healty for you too and to drown out the smell they made sure to cook the shit with lots of peppers, and lemons and a curry then freeze it then bathe it in duck sauce. so yeah...shit movie senpai.
>>
>>64443961

That's a purposefully weak qualifier. The fact that they're "making an effort" naturally means they're being more receptive to minorities auditioning for parts. The only alternative is that they were reluctant to hire a racially diverse cast previously, which obviously isn't true.

There is also nothing wrong with the quote in the picture. Have you ever written a report in your life? No words or sentences are missing from the block of text.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.