[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regardless of whether or not you like episodes I-III, can we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 475x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 475x473
Regardless of whether or not you like episodes I-III, can we all agree that making Anakin literally Jesus was the dumbest idea ever for the series?
>>
>>64441301

Yeah. Everything to do with him being a prophesied chosen one was just a really poor decision.
>>
>>64441301
Anakin wasn't jesus, he was god
Luke is jesus
>>
>>64441528
Well the force/midi-chlorians would technically be God since it/they conceived Anakin.
>>
he was a plant, to be groomed for the Dark Side and tear up the Jedi from within
>>
>>64441593

are we sure it wasn't Plageuis or Sheev who did it

the part about "even to create life" in the 3rd movie kind of felt like a reference to me with regards to Anakin's past
>>
File: dH6VmCV.jpg.png (622 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
dH6VmCV.jpg.png
622 KB, 500x667
At least he wasn't as evil as people make him out to be
>>
Calling Rule 34 on midi-chlorians
>>
>>64441700
nice post, here's my upvote!
>>
>>64441301
it would have worked okay if it was well-executed and embedded in an effective larger narrative, like with the OT.

blaming single things about the prequel trilogy is as pointless as getting buttblasted about any one aspect of the new movie. in neither case was there any real likelihood of a good film emerging from the process because the people involved weren't really focusing on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 427x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 427x344
>>64441758
>>
>>64441821
Jake Lloyd was also a huge miscast. They should have gone with an actor at least four years older.
>>
>>64441528
No he wasn't, Anakin was Jesus and Sheev was Satan.

Anakin gives us a vision of what Christ would look like had he given in to temptation during his fast in the desert and knelt before Satan in exchange for worldly power. He would have corrupted the world that he ruled and brought misery to the men he sought to help through his subversion of the will of God.

Luke was part of Vader, he was Vader's blood. He was Anakin's conscience personified, there to show that no man is beyond redemption.
>>
>>64442069

That's how I felt watching TPM last night, go with a kid more like 14 and the stuff about being too old to train, too deep into his feelings, capable at podracing and flying, etc., having feelings for Padme, make more sense

also more pottery with Young Luke
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.