[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Rey Luke's daughter? If not who is she? What are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 768x431
Is Rey Luke's daughter? If not who is she? What are they current theories surrounding her origin? Sorry if it's been asked a million times, just saw the movie.
>>
Anything? Looking to get a good convo going.
>>
>>64436163
>Sorry if it's been asked a million times
It has been.
She's probably Luke's daughter and Kylo is the one that left her on Jakku.

The other options are retardation about being Kylo's sister and secret training with false memories.
>>
I think it's a legitimate question to ask if Rey is Luke's daughter, but I strongly suspect that the answer is "no."

1) There was no mention of Luke being married or even involved with anyone. That certainly doesn't preclude him from having a one night stand with a floozy in some remote cantina, but (a) I'd like to believe Luke is a bit more serious than that, (b) there's no story evidence that Luke does that kind of thing anyway, and (c) it wouldn't be particularly good storytelling to drop Luke's kid on us without any hints or foreshadowing.

2) I don't want to believe that Luke would abandon his daughter. Okay, he might if he had a good reason, but again, there were no hints or foreshadowing about this.

3) There's no reason to believe that the Skywalker clan is the only genetic line in the galaxy strong with the Force. In fact, this latest film suggested that Luke had other students besides Ben Solo, and these almost certainly weren't all his offspring.

Of course, the "poor storytelling" argument doesn't hold a lot of water, given the unfortunate lack of hints or foreshadowing about Rey's Force abilities anyway.
>>
>>64436803
You sound like you have a happy and fulfilled life
>>
>>64436803
1. You're an idiot
2. Someone could have taken her
3. Yeah that'd be nice but she's probably his kid
>>
>>64436619
Why would kylo leave her on Jakku
>>
If she's Luke's daughter, he probably thinks she's dead.
>>
Reminder that everyone now knows about Jakku because there was a giant space battle there.

Reminder that it was only a place to hide anyone before that.

Reminder that whoever left her there probably went to fight in said battle.
>>
>>64436803
>There's no reason to believe that the Skywalker clan is the only genetic line in the galaxy strong with the Force
But Rey has both of the most significant Skywalker traits:
1. Extremely skilled pilot
2. Strong force user

She's a Skywalker for sure.
>>
Given how 'inspired' TFA was by A New Hope, it's easy to see how much of the source material JJ will try to emulate. Just look how fucking ham-fisted he was with the Star Trek films.

If you don't think that there is going to be a huge set-up to Luke telling Rey "No... I am your father." in a different mood and context than in Empire, then you're a fucking twat
>>
>>64437141
Timing doesn't match up Anon.

Battle of Jakku: 5 years after Yavin (1 year after Endor)
Rey was born: 15 years after Yavin (11 years after Endor)
>>
She's Revan.
>>
>>64437279
[citation needed]
>>
>>64437254
JJ ain't making VIII.

Based Rian Johnson is.
>>
>>64437310
Just go to Wookiepedia.

Battle of Jakku is sourced by books as having taken place during the year after Endor.

Rey's birth year was either confirmed by Pablo Hidaglo (the Lucasfilm Story Guy) or the Visual Dictionary or something. It was in one of the books I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>64436803
Luke would abandon her if he felt responsible for Ben and wanted to avoid a repeat.
>>
File: NOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (199 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
199 KB, 1024x768
>>64437336
>JGL in Star Wars
>>
>>64437185
Why is Shmi a braindead maid though? Shouldn't she have Force powers since she started this whole shit?
>>
>>64437606
It's implied that Sheev sent his force sperm everywhere and Shmi caught it and got pregnant with Anakin.
>>
>>64437606
Because that midichlorian shit has nothing to do with anything anymore.
>>
File: 1425515867686.gif (4 MB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
1425515867686.gif
4 MB, 290x200
>thinks Rey is descended from anyone other than Based Sheev
The emperor fucked his slaves, and one of them got knocked up. They hid the kid from him on some shithole planet.
>>
>>64437668
I don't think that Sheev needs any maids.
Also, it's not like he'd be morally opposed to abortion. He's not the pope or anything.
>>
>>64437598
If it's a Simon Pegg tier, I can live with it

If it's a Greg Grunberg, it'll take me out of it too much.
>>
>>64436163
>>64436619
>>64436803
>>64437185

I'm betting she is actually Leia and Han's daughter, Kylo's sister. Leia and Han may have kept it secret from everyone for reasons, like maybe some jedi vision prophecy or something.
>>
>>64437923
That'd be prequel-tier asspull.
>>
>>64437923
>I have no proof, that's my proof!

>>64436989
He was too weak to kill his single digit aged cousin back then so he hid her. That's what the vision seems to imply and when that officer guy told him a girl helped Finn and BB-8 escaped he asked "What girl?" like he was concerned it could be a particular one.

Plus portion man is an asshole, leaving Rey with him is more of a young Kylo move than a Jedi Luke one.
>>
>>64436163

>Star Wars Episode 8 writers trying to write the backstory that will be most well-received based on popular fan theories
>>
>>64437668
Whatever they come up with they better bring Sheev back in a flashback or as a force ghost
>>
>>64437606

Because the Force literally impregnated her and she had a virgin birth. She's not strong with the Force at all, though.
>>
>>64436163
She and Leia had presumably never met before, right?
So what was with the long silent scene of them hugging upon first sight of each other?
>>
>>64437283
Kylo = Revan
Rey = Bastila + Mission
Finn = Carth Onasi
Poe = Canderous
Chewbacca = Zaalbar
R2D2 = T3M4 (as in revealed to be 4000 years old)
C3P0 = HK-47
>>
File: 1451725602970.jpg (22 KB, 480x392) Image search: [Google]
1451725602970.jpg
22 KB, 480x392
>Sheev
>Not Darth Sidious
>Not Palpatine
>>
>>64436163
Wasn't there some SW game released where kylo says 'Face me cousin' to her. More or less confirmed by disney.
>>
File: tumblr_nzsvhwgcTb1s59ho2o1_1280.jpg (544 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzsvhwgcTb1s59ho2o1_1280.jpg
544 KB, 1280x1920
>not posting the high quality version
>>
>>64436803

>rey has lots of cryptic visions
>a clear sign of mind-fuckery
>who knows mind fuckery
>the one group who did it, the sith, particularly Ben, who is obviously his sister who he experimented on.

>his experimentation led to Han and Luke pushing him away, snoke picked him up, start Force Awakens
>>
>>64437606

>Shmi

not canon
>>
>>64436163
Well maz mentions that there is someone to wait for, Luke.

But I think the doll in reys atat house Is the best indicator.

Leia probably stole the falcon and hid Rey on jakku because Luke murdered his students, not kylo... When he came out of his madness he fled to keep everyone safe.
>>
>>64438255
When did I ever say anything about "proof"

It's merely a theory. The Fact that Luke/anakins lightsaber called to her definitely heavily implies that she's related to the Skywalker bloodline. But I just don't see her being Lukes daughter
>>
>>64438033
At least it's not as asspull as a 9 year old boy accidentally an entire trade federation mothership
>>
>>64439139
>But I just don't see her being Lukes daughter
yeah you think this for no reason at all

>merely a theory
I'm not touching that one
>>
i actually think Ep 8 could go in an unexpected direction. It just all seems too obvious that Rey is Luke's daughter and that she'll be trained by him and face Kylo and blah blah blah

I mean TFA wasn't even really a movie so much as it was a reset button showing all the pleb fans "look, it's not the prequels! It's Star Wars!". They've done that now though, and it just seems like people would be really disappointed if the next one was just as derivative and predictable. It would make more sense to do something shocking in the same way that ESB did, and could set up for a really interesting and anticipated finale.
>>
>>64436619
That would mean that kylo was a small child when he left her there?!
>>
>>64439199
Why did Leia, someone who presumably has never seen Rey before ever, great her with a mother's affection?
>>
>>64436163
shes anakins daughter, luke and leias sister. his force ghost fucked padmes corpse. padme lost the will to die and came back to life to conceive and then lost the will to live and died again
>>
>>64438709
He said "face me" and then "curses!" when he got hit by an attack
>>
>>64438255
>He was too weak to kill his single digit aged cousin back then so he hid her.

Kylo would have been all of like 9 years old then.
>>
>>64437729
>He's not the pope or anything
>>
>>64439320
that was just Rey sympathizing because han just died
>>
>>64439320
>a mother's affection
source? That's reading way too far into that hug.
Maybe because Han died and she felt through the force how fucked up Rey was over it. Maybe Leia knows she's Luke's kid. Every piece of evidence for Rey being Leia and Han's kid also works for her being Luke's kid, then you have the extra support for her being Luke's on top of that.

There's no reason to think she isn't Luke's besides people just don't want it.
>>
Rey time traveled, that's why her memory is fucked, she is actually from the future.
>>
>>64439303
Kylo and Rey aren't the same age anon, he's about 30 in the movie.
>>
>>64439836
>Kylo and Rey aren't the same age anon, he's about 30 in the movie.
And Rey is in her mid twenties. Which means Kylo would have been about 9 or younger when Rey got dumped on Jakku
>>
>>64439773
>There's no reason to think she isn't Luke's besides people just don't want it.

Except Jedi don't get married or have children.
>>
>>64436163
She's Obi-Wan's granddaughter
>>
>>64439773
Mothers embrace. Is what the script says. I think that's where that anon got mothers affection from.
>>
>>64439942
Rey is 19
>>
>>64439942
rey is 19 if ben is 29, which he is. they said she was 10 years younger than him
>>
>>64439942
>And Rey is in her mid twenties.
No, where are you pulling this from? Oh it's your ass.
There's about 11 years between them. She was left on Jakku when she was 5. 16-17 is old enough for Kylo to be a runaway learning from Snoke.
>>
>>64439942
This is why it was Luke who killed his own students.
>>
>>64440127
>Rey is 19
Citation needed

Daisy Ridley is 23
>>
>>64440162
>, where are you pulling this from? Oh it's your ass.umm maybe because Daisy Ridley is 23 dumbass and David what's his face is 32. It's not the 1980's anymore where 33 year olds play high school students
>>
>>64436163
i hope it turns she is Palpatine daughter
then the little hype JJ is having for 8 script turn true
>>
>>64440205
and slant face is 33 while playing a 29 year old
>>
>>64440162
So you're trying to tell me that Rey in TFA is a 14-15 year old girl? BWAHAHAHA.
>>
>>64436163
I'm just hoping she's not a Skywalker. I know the saga is about the Skywalkers but we already have Kylo for that.

Make her a Kenobi or Sheev's relative.
>>
>>64440302
That's not a citation anon.
>>
File: Do it for her.jpg (173 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
Do it for her.jpg
173 KB, 1400x1000
>She will never be yours
Every breath is suffering
>>
>all this mental gymnastics over a simple plot
>"Rey, I am your father"
>>
She's Luke's daughter. She was born from one parent and the force, like Anakin was.

When Kylo Ren killed all the young jedi, he, who has been shown to be conflicted, secretly spared his cousin (who is too young to remember) and left her on Jakku.
>>
>>64440205
wookiepedia says she was born 11 years after the Battle of Endor, and found BB-8 30 years after. Also the visual dictionary lists her age as 19
>>
>>64440424
>She's Luke's daughter. She was born from one parent and the force
so what, luke had a floating developing fetus following him around?
>>
>>64440259
You really fucked that up, didn't you?
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678330999772610560
Kylo is around 29-30 m8, you should really just check out wookieepedia if you're gonna try talking about fan theories negro.
>>
>>64440347
Where are you getting that from?
>>
Rey is Lukes daughter.

Her flashbacks indicate she was one of his padawans, then he left her on Jakku when the Knights attacked. Jakku is not her homeland, just where she got dropped off.

Finn is Windu's grandson. Remember that the force awakens, according to Snoke, after Finn breaks his conditioning and before Rey finds her dad's lightsaber. Finn is the true jedi and the hero of the next movie. Rey will turn into a sith lord after she turns on Luke for abandoning her and aligns with Kylo.
>>
>>64440205
>Citation needed
>Not knowing how to use google
>2016

I don't think it would make sense for her to be Leia's daughter, she would have given it away at some point in the film if that were the case IMO. They probably do intend her to be Luke's.

Funnily enough Phasma is old enough to be her mother and explain the imperial accent away while simultaneously being a love interest of Luke's that served the Empire like Mara Jade...but probably won't happen.
>>
>>64440728
>Her flashbacks indicate she was one of his padawans
Or she was just there, no proof she was a jedi in training or that Luke's school starts that young

>then he left her on Jakku when the Knights attacked
You flipped the sequence of events and made up that he left her on Jakku.

>Finn is Windu's grandson.
Oh never mind it's one of those posts
>>
>>64440205
>Daisy Ridley is 23
>He thinks actors are always going to be the same age as the characters they portray

You're a genuinely stupid human being.
>>
>>64440728
1. There is absolutely no chance Rey will turn to the dark side.
2. The Sith are over. Anakin fulfilled the prophecy in ROTJ.
3. Finn is most likely NOT Windu's grandson, lmao.
>>
>>64440909
>The Sith are over. Anakin fulfilled the prophecy in ROTJ.
Implying the prophecy was really about Anakin.
>>
>>64440728
>Finn is Windu's grandson.
Jedi do not get Married or have children
>inb4 Anakin got married and had twins
Anakin was a shitty Jedi. Strong in the force, but still shitty.
>>
>>64440909
>There is absolutely no chance Rey will turn to the dark side.

unless writers will stop being retarded and present a plausible way to the dark side

it does not have to be slaugtering of children
in can be just disregarding of few lives in the name of security and prosperity
then it can be fear of losing control
>>
File: Star Wars 7.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars 7.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>64440376
>tfw
>>
>>64440909
>There is absolutely no chance Rey will turn to the dark side
nigger literally turning to the dark side is how she beat kylo
>>
>>64436619
>>64437923

I swear If Rey is related to fucking any of the OT main heroes the new trilogy will officially be worse than the prequels. Where is the rule that says only a Skywalker/ skywalker descendant can be force sensitive? She could be Sheev's great granddaughter. She could just not be related to anybody from the OT (and hopefully this is the case)
>>
>>64441325
>nigger literally turning to the dark side is how she beat kylo
Citation needed.
>>
>>64441778
lets not go through this shit again. its literally in the book. fuck off
>>
>>64440909
Don't go crazy now, twists are always possible. Not to mention the concept art...
>>64441325
Nope, but novel does say that when she had him down on the ground Snoke spoke to her and told her to kill him.
>>
A Star Warsian's Tale

"Gee, golly, gosh, gloriosky," thought Rey as she stepped on the bridge of the Millennium Falcon. "Here I am, the youngest Jedi in the Resistance - only eighteen and a half years old." Captain Solo came up to her. "Oh, Rey, I love you madly. Will you come to bed with me?" "Captain! I am not that kind of girl!" "You're right, and I respect you for it. Here, take over the ship permanently while I go get some hot chocolate for us." C3PO came onto the bridge. "What are you doing in the command seat, scavenger?" "The Captain told me to." "Flawlessly logical. I admire your mind."

Captain Solo, Finn, Kanjiklub and Chewbacca debarked with Rey to Whiforla XI. They were attacked by green droids and thrown into prison. In a moment of weakness Rey revealed to Finn that she too was half diversity hire. Recovering quickly, she sprung the lock with her unprecedentedly untrained Force powers and they all got away back to the ship.

But back on board, R2D2 and Rey found out that the men who had debarked were seriously stricken by the hibernation sickness, Rey less so. While the four rebels languished in Crew's Quarters, Rey ran the ship, and ran it so well she received the Nobel Peace Prize, the Neimoidian Order of Gallantry and the Sarkeesian Order of Good Vaginahood.

However the disease finally got to her and she fell fatally ill. In the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center as she breathed her last, she was surrounded by Captain Solo, Kylo Ren, BB8, and Luke Skywalker, all weeping unashamedly at the loss of her beautiful youth and youthful beauty, intelligence, capability and all around niceness. Even to this day her birthday is a national holiday of the Republic.
>>
>>64441554
>I swear If Rey is related to fucking any of the OT main heroes the new trilogy will officially be worse than the prequels.
Are you theatening that if Rey is a Skywalker you'll make the new trilogy worse than the prequels? Learn how words work. And there's no way the new trilogy will be prequel bad, Darth Vader built C-3PO for fuck's sake.
>>
File: Star-Wars-VII-Concept-Art-3.jpg (38 KB, 821x376) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-VII-Concept-Art-3.jpg
38 KB, 821x376
>>64441865
>>
>>64441554
>Not liking Luke enough to see what will happen with his family

For shame
>>
>>64436163

The real question is, how come she insists upon wearing capris the entire movie? Easily the ugliest and least practical of all pants.
>>
>>64441778
>fuck off
Citation needed
>>
File: senate22.jpg (510 KB, 1490x1923) Image search: [Google]
senate22.jpg
510 KB, 1490x1923
>>64442002
>Easily the ugliest and least practical of all pants
Star wars fashion sense
Ever being practical

Pick one
>>
Rey is stoic and cold character with no real personality. She's definitely going to the dark side if she isn't already.
>>
>>64440376
just kill me already ;_;
>>
>>64442002
>she will wield a double-bladed lightsaber when its all over
>>
>>64442281
>Rey is stoic and cold character
top kek
>>
I have this theory that she in fact was one of Luke's padawan's, but she's not his "literal" daughter. The reason why she seems to be so competent as a pilot and nubile Jedi, and why she shares pretty much all of the Skywalker traits and was able to pick up the force so rapidly, is because he implanted some of his (for a lack of a better word) essence into her. Like a sort of mind-transfer but only force-exclusive. In way, he is her father, but not biologically, just through the force.
>>
>>64442167
Royalty and scavenger scum cannot really be compared familia.
>>
>>64436163
Rey is a Skywalker. There's a scene where Maz Kanata asks Han Solo who she is, and it cuts away before he can answer because Han suspects or straight-up knows the truth. The next time we see Kanata, she's giving Rey Luke's lightsaber.

She's probably Luke's daughter.
>>
>>64437651
Not Sheev, it was his master, Darth Plagueis

>>64438910
>Prequels
>Not canon
Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>64442472
>is because he implanted some of his
His seed
>>
>>64439983
That didn't stop Anakin
Also, they could do that on the old republic, so maybe, just maybe, Luke could've bend the rules a bit, being Grand Master and all
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Before_the_Awakening

This book explains some of the stuff happening in the film.
>>
>>64437185
>1. Extremely skilled pilot
We can safely rule this out as a sign of Skywalker heritage because there are countless extremely skilled pilots in the galaxy. It is made further pointless by your reason #2 because Luke's and Anakin's piloting skills are based in their Force abilities.
>>
File: MR-SW-205_esb_lukefx_lg[1].jpg (16 KB, 680x250) Image search: [Google]
MR-SW-205_esb_lukefx_lg[1].jpg
16 KB, 680x250
Do you think Youngling Slayer is haunted by all of the dead younglings? I can just imagine their souls attached to it for all eternity. On the surface it seems simple and innocent, but in reality it's an immensely powerful Sith artifact. And now Rey has it.
>>
>People still doubting that she's a Skywalker

It's the entire reason they had the "The Force is strong in my family line" going through the trailers.
>>
I really hope Rey becomes a Sith. Even if only temporarily.
>>
>>64442874
Also explains her raw power combined with the light side being restored.
>>64442950
Sith are gone.
>>
>>64442705
>That didn't stop Anakin

see >>64441094
>>
>>64439795
Rey is actually Shmi Skywalker.
>>
>>64436619
>Kylo is the one that left her on Jakku

This is possible. In the beginning parts of the movie when Kylo Ren is informed of Finn's escape, there's no reaction from him until they tell him he received help from some girl. He seems to already know enough about Rey before meeting her.
>>
>>64436163

She's the daughter of Gary and Mary Sue, the most powerful Force users to ever exist.
>>
>>64443090

Yet he had no idea of who she was and was shocked at her force powers when trying to read her mind and when discussing her with Snoke.
>>
>>64441866
All of this basically amounts to is you saying that intensely force sensitive children can have natural Jedi reflexes to flying super advanced racing vehicles and star fighters but they can not possibly have natural reflexes in hand to hand combat. Seems Like a major double standard.
>>
Anyone with a brain can figure it out. Kylo Ren is a red herring. Rey is the Revan analogue, not Kylo. Reyvan, not Revn.

She is memory wiped Dark Side disciple, perhaps of some relation to the Emperor since it seemed Snoke had no knowledge of her and Luke and Han seemed overall to not have any particular special interest in her.
>>
>>64443225
To be fair, they had Darth Vader appear shocked by Luke's force abilities until they revealed he was Luke's father. The script was written in that way to intentionally give us the impression that Darth Vader didnt know who Luke was. May be the same case here.
>>
>make Luke into deadbeat dad
>in the new age of feminis¿, writing off a character as important as Lukes wife to the background
>propagating the idea that only the Skywalkers can enact significant change in the universe, forgetting the roles of Obi Wan, Yoda, Qui Gon, etc., and shrinking the universe
>>
>>64443090
IF Ren knew who Rey was then there is no way in hell that as a Sith apprentice he would waste an opportunity to manipulate her using her past as bait. Only after a few minutes of fighting did Vader jump on the opportunity to do the same to him when he revealed he was his father.
>>
>>64443225
>Yet he had no idea of who she was and was shocked at her force powers when trying to read her mind and when discussing her with Snoke.
No, he's hiding what he knows. She's already on the spot so he can only do so much without exposing himself.

He has a discussion with Snoke in the novel about how the downfall of the empire was because of sentiment and that it's what separates them. Kinda makes it clear that Kylo's great weakness would be his own sentiment.
>>
>>64436163
Next episode, Rey turning to the dark side (fear to be alone, anger, ...)

Probably, Kylo will turn to the light, and maybe, before Rey turns to the dark side (Snoke losses an apprentice and gains another one more powerful)

Tragic love story incoming: Rey becomes sith, Finn loves her but can't stand the cruelty of the First Order.

Probably, she kills Luke to complete her sith training, and Kylo Ren becomes even more powerful god-knows-how to defeat her.
>>
>>64443454
>All that stupidity

A lot can happen in 30 years, anon.

I'm sure there will be an entire series dedicated to that time period once Rebels is over if that makes you feel any better.
>>
>>64443875
I forgot the pic
>>
>>64443372
>To be fair, they had Darth Vader appear shocked by Luke's force abilities until they revealed he was Luke's father.

Vader had never seen Luke in his life and was told his children died.

If Darth Edge dropped Rey on a Jakku he should have recognized her when he read her mind. He knew all about her time on Jakku before she started resisting. Girl from Jakku, force powers, 2+2.

>>64443773
>No, he's hiding what he knows.
>fanfic wish

Nothing indicates he has the slightest clue who she is. If she has a backstory beyond strong independent womyn with super ForceWish, it's a back story involving Luke.
>>
>>64443875
>Rey going dark side
>Kylo going light side
I find it hard to believe desu.
>>
>>64443632
He was going to tempt her with the information that he knows about her past? That sounds really smart if you're an idiot, he'd either be lying to revealing that he left her on Jakku. She'd never join him if he tells her he took her from her old life.
>>
>>64443916
hnggggg

why is it that every female lead who plays a "good" role looks 1000000x better as a villain

e.g. Slytherin Hermione
>>
File: intendent.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1443) Image search: [Google]
intendent.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1443
>>64444237
9fag

Pic related though, god damn
>>
>>64444114
Han Solo showed compassion for his son in his last moments after being ¿impaled?. That memory will chase him.

Rey, on the other hand, is haunted by fear or loss, fear of being alone. She lost her mother, and now that she has Finn, if she losses him, she'll follow the final steps of Anakin before becoming Darth Vader.
>>
>>64442705

>That didn't stop Anakin

Yeah, and he joined Sheev to destroy the Republic as a consequence.

Did you even watch the other movies, or is this your first one?
>>
>>64444925
>Where is Finn
>I'm afraid that due to your anger you killed him
>It can't be, he was alive, I felt it
>NNNNOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>64436803
>I don't want to believe that Luke would abandon his daughter.

Well he abandoned his friends to die to the First Order and became a hermit on a fucking random island so I wouldn't doubt he would abandon his daughter
>>
>>64442406

>Her sith outfit will be a double-bladed snowflake light'sabre' and black fucking capris with gothy combat Jordans
>>
>>64440141
Thats stupid because they look the same age.

---------
well I just looked the actors ages up and Adam is 10 years older then Daisy. I never would have guessed. Adam looks mid 20's
>>
>YFW the droid army is used by the republic against the First Order Clone army.
You know they're going to use clones and droids.
>>
>>64446237
I would a CIS ship
>>
Rey is Luke and Leia's daughter. The incest has caused her autism and incredibly strong power levels.
>>
She is not Luke's daughter. Disney wouldn't allow incest.
>>
>>64436163
Rey is Yoda, he regenerated like Doctor Who.
>>
>>64436803

I heard a pretty cool theory that she could be Obi Wan's daughter from some random that he met during his years on Tatooine
>>
>>64446528
A dead man banging a hoe and having a daughter. Sounds a nice twist.
>>
4ABY - RETURN OF THE JEDI
4ABY - The spirit of Palpatine possesses Vader's abandoned corpse on the second Death Star and escapes unseen moments before it is destroyed
4ABY - Luke begins his search for the first Jedi Temple
5ABY - Leia gives birth to Ben
8ABY - Luke establishes his training facilities on TYTHON
10ABY - Palpatine, now operating as SNOKE, begins requiting his generals for THE FIRST ORDER; the KNIGHTS OF REN
11ABY - Leia gives birth to REY
13ABY - Under Luke's suggestion, Ben is taken to THE NEW JEDI ACADEMY for training. Luke warns Han and Leia that Rey is even stronger in the force than Ben, but needs a few more years before she is ready for training
16ABY - SNOKE corrupts Ben, KYLO REN is born.
16ABY - KYLO REN'S first act is the desctruction of THE NEW JEDI ACADEMY while SNOKE'S KNIGHTS OF REN occupy LUKE
16ABY - Luke learns of KYLE REN, plans for REY'S safety are discussed with Han and Leia
16ABY - REY is brought to JAKKU, and entrusted to the oversight of LOR SAN TEKKA, an old friend of Obi Wan, to remain hidden from KYLO REN and continue basic training in the Force and survival
16ABY - At their own request, Han and Leia have Luke wipe their minds of memories of REY, knowing that should they be captured, KYLO REN would easily find her location and kill her
16ABY - Luke, in shame and despair over the loss of Ben, retreats to AHCH-TO in order to prepare for the coming showdown with SNOKE and KYLO REN
>>
>>64436163
I doubt she is his daughter. Most likely just an orphan who was at his school.
>>
>>64437135
This. Or for some reason wants nothing to do with her. It's not in luke's character to just leave his friends, let alone family, unless he thinks them dead or there's some reason he thinks he needs to be far away from them.
>>
>>64438255
>that's what the vision seems to imply
sure, if you invent some things that aren't on screen, then it does sorta maybe kinda imply that.
>>
>>64447647
I like the one where Rey awakened super force powers as a child and accidentally killed all the students and Ren took the blame better.
>>
>>64447647
>bunch of bullshit plot points
this is star wars. shit's straight forward and easy to follow, and almost never take a weird serpentine route.
0/10 story telling
take your garbage ideas elsehwere nigger
>>
>>64436163
She is Obi Wan nephew.
>>
>>64448634
All of that can be told through exposition no longer than Obi Wan's Clone Wars speech to Luke in A New Hope.

"Rey, he's your brother. I'm sorry, but it's true. I failed him, and Snoke took the opportunity to turn him towards the Dark Side. To rub salt in the wound, they destroyed everything I had worked on for over 15 years. They burned our temples, killed our young. All because of grudge started half a century ago."
"As for your parents, don't blame them for abandoning you. It was the only way to keep you same considering how close you and Ren are. We made sure you had someone looking out for you on Jakku, even if you didn't know it. Your parents asked me to help them forget you for the same reason, but I think there's emotions not even the force can hide. I heard Han offered you a job? That's about as close to an "I love you" you'd have ever gotten out of him."
"As for what we do now? We get ready. We've already killed the Empire once, and clearly that wasn't enough."
>>
We know that JJ said that they didn't reveal her last name on purpose. We know he also said that while he's not writing or directing the rest, he does know "who Rey is".

From the script, we know that Luke knows who she is. From the novelization, we know that Kylo Ren seems to know and in fact, Rey is angry that the guy she's fighting seems to know more about her than she does.

We know that Lucas has said that Star Wars is about the Skywalkers, and that his original treatise for ep 7 involved "the father, the children, and the grandchildren". However, we also know that Lucas isn't involved and they didn't take his script idea. On the other hand, we also know that Kathleen Kennedy reiterated that the main star wars movies are about the Skywalkers. But again, Kylo Ren is technically a Skywalker and one of the central characters.

Rey is frighteningly strong in the force, skilled as a pilot, and with a serious knack for machines, traits mentioned to apply to both Anakin and Luke in the previous trilogies. The "Skywalker lightsaber" "called out to her" and when she touched it she had a vision involving both past and future that featured events about Skywalkers (the part of Bespin where Luke and Vader fought, Luke with R2 when the temple was attacked, Kylo and his knights of Ren) and events involving herself.

Basically, right now everything is set up to make her look like she's a Skywalker, but we have to keep in mind that the writers might just be throwing out a bunch of red herrings so they can make themselves look clever later on when they reveal she's actually Sheev's great granddaughter or something.
>>
>>64448972
Leia is a Skywalker.
>>
She is Obi Wan's granddaughter
>non-imperial with british accent
>hears Obi Wan in her flashback
>sneaks around Star Killer Base with ease
>uses the jedi mind trick, a feat only seen successfully done in the movies by Obi Wan

Surely if she were related to Luke, Leia would have felt something when she saw her.
>>
>>64449005
yeah, that's kind of covered by "Kylo Ren is technically a Skywalker"
>>
>>64449035
>>non-imperial with british accent
That just means you come from the core worlds. Which is interesting, but that's all it means.

>>64449035
>>hears Obi Wan in her flashback
She hears Yoda too.
>>
>>64441892
> Learn how words work.

My words were fine. You learn how words work. Yes, IF they make Rey related to Luke, THEN the sequel trilogy will be worse than the prequels. Cause and effect. This isn't hard.

>And there's no way the new trilogy will be prequel bad, Darth Vader built C-3PO for fuck's sake.

As a one-off thing in the first movie only. As bad as the prequel were they didn't feel like bad fanfiction. If Rey is related to Luke it will basically be bad fanfic writing.
>>
>>64449282
You just threw in the phrase "I swear" for emphasis without knowing what it literally means or implies.

Is Kylo being Leia and Han's kid bad fanfic writing? Is it just the idea that Luke can't have kids or that Luke's kids aren't allowed to be super powerful? What are you trying to tell us anon?
>>
>>64444236
IS that suppose to somehow be worse then Vader telling his son that he is the right hand man of the Empire, responsible for countless Genocides and oppressing an entire galaxy under military dictatorship and the threat of destroying your entire planet, and THEN asking him to "join the dark side"?
>>
>>64436163
>implying luke didn't get in to see jabba by using the jedi mind trick
>>
>>64440162
>No, where are you pulling this from? Oh it's your ass.
>There's about 11 years between them

According to wookieepedia Ben was born about 1 year after the battle of endor. Also according to Wookieepedia Rey was born about 11 years after the battle of endor. If Rey was dumped on Jakku at the age of 4 or 5 then Kylo Ren would have been no older then 9 or 10 year old boy. Kylo wasn't the one to dump Rey on Jakku. Try harder faggit
>>
File: daisy ridley working.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daisy ridley working.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64440376
I'd do it for her if you catch my drift.
>>
>>64451157
Not that anon, but 4+11=15.
>>
>>64438984
interdasting
>>
>>64443089
it fits
>>
>>64451289
>dat perfect little booty
>>
She is Boba Fett's daughter.
>>
>>64438738
That's some weird mountains in the background.
>>
>>64438738
>tumblr
>>
>>64451289
>wild haymakers
>dropping guard on each punch
>that shitty form on the roundhouse

Ugh.

Respect for the rock climbing portion though.
>>
She's the transgendered clone of Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>64436163
Star Wars is a novel about Anakin Skywalker...
>>
>>64436163
That's certainly the most popular theory right now, and was even before the film was released.
The one thing that I think needs to be clarified is whether Rey actually remembers who left her.
>>
>>64449088
Yoda is her father
Maz is her mother
>>
She's a product of the dark side. Her uncontrolled powers were responsible for the deaths of the other trainees - the big twist of VIII will be that she was the apprentice who "went wrong", not Kylo Ren. Kylo and his Knights tried to kill her to stop her, but Luke protected her, so the Knights went rogue out of disillusionment. Luke lied to everyone else about what happened, pinning the blame on Kylo (this is why Kylo is so mad at Han for believing Luke over him) and placing Rey on Jakku - not to protect her, but to protect the galaxy from her. He wipes her memories to prevent another force disaster from happening, but leaves the map with Max Von Sydow's character in case he is ever needed to stop her again.
>>
It's hinted that Mara Jade will be introduced in Star Wars Rebels.

I predict that Mara will be the actual daughter of the Emperor Sheev, and eventually her and Luke knock boots, popping out Rey.

So Rey might be the child of a Skywalker, and Palpatine.
>>
>>64455831
It's more like Rey will turn dark side in the next movie, because it's more tempting to her.
Kylo Broflovski will turn to the light side and die a hero's death and shit.
>>
>>64436163
She is Luke daughter, she was actually the one to kill all the other padawans in a force-frenzy, thats why she is so OP. Also thats why Luke wiped her memory and left her in a place were she wouldn't have any connection to the force again. Kylo was the only survivor and traumatized by the event decided to destroy every single force user to stop anything like this from ever happening again, thats why J.J. said he wasnt a sith.

Of course i just made all this shit up and have 0 evidence of any of this being true
>>
I'm sure this has been addressed but where did she get the rebel pilot's helmet ? I assumed it was Luke's. Enlighten me
>>
>>64450013
>You just threw in the phrase "I swear" for emphasis without knowing what it literally means or implies.

Are you autistic?

>Is Kylo being Leia and Han's kid bad fanfic writing?

It's pushing it to say the least.

> Is it just the idea that Luke can't have kids or that Luke's kids aren't allowed to be super powerful?

No it's the idea that "*gasp* the new characters are related to the old characters!" is just lazy shitty writing.
>>
>>64456397
There's junk from a giant battle between the Alliance and the Empire all over Jakku, as it was the Empire's last stand. Probably just found it in a salvaged wreck.
>>
>>64456278
Of course that's not true, that would actually be interesting and we can't have that.
>>
>>64436968
>Someone could have taken her

And Luke fucking Skywalker couldn't track his own daughter? Not likely.
>>
>>64438255
I don't think he even knows Rey.

Maybe he just felt the force from someone and thought it was Finn. Then when he find out there was a girl involved he was surprised because maybe it was her force he was sensing.
>>
>>64456278
That would explain why Luke didnt say a word when he saw rey, But as the other anon said, there is zero chance they would risk it with something like that, they are going to stick to a predictable and proved formula.
>>
>>64441320

What's she drinking?
>>
friendly reminder that rey is obi wan's granddaughter.
>>
>>64457902
No chance.

Obi Wan's lover died during the clone wars, and they never had children.
>>
>>64436163
Rey is Sheev's great granddaughter
>>
>>64437185
It's star wars, everyone's an extremely skilled pilot.
>>
>>64437811
>Greg Grunberg is the Grandson of Porkins

make it happen
>>
>>64438738
Not enough shitty orange and teal color grading.
>>
>>64436163

She is the next version of Anakin, people noticed too late that palpatine had influenced the force to create the ultimate apprentice so when they found out their was another girl who was born under simila circumstances, they kidnapped her and hid her a planet where nobody would ever find her.

TL;DR After palpatine got shafted, he came back as a force ghoulie and magically raped another lonely housewife
>>
File: soc_g_dmardona_576.jpg (47 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
soc_g_dmardona_576.jpg
47 KB, 576x324
>>64458144

I don't have a point to make about this, but shit that seemed pretty related:

Millennium Falcon just happens to be on the planet that someone leaves Rey on.

Relation: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia

Rey and Han literally say the same sentences when fixing shit on the Falcon.

Relation: Han Solo

Kylo Ren stares at her during the saber duel for a real long fucking time, as if he knows her, or remembers her.

Relation: Han Solo, Leia

Rey feels a connection to Luke Skywalker's lightsaber, formerly wielded by his father.

Relation: Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker...oh...and Leia Skywalker.

Rey sees Luke, returns his lightsaber to him, and he's tearing up when he sees her.

Relation: Luke and Anakin Skywalker.

I don't have enough faith in Disney to do anything other than the obvious and make Rey a Skywalker or a Solo.
>>
>>64451157
>unironically visiting nerd wikis
>>
>>64443089
l kinda got that feeling too that she looks like her and then i got another idea that shmi and sheeve are related and snokes has something to do with them
>>
>>64436163
She's a Sheev clone that was created in order to defeat Sheev and they changed its sex in order to hide the secret.
>>
>>64447647
vafers body was burned or vanished you twat. his only option was a dead ewok
>>
>>64458346
ARGGGGHHHHH
>>
>>64457387
Space-Vodka.
>>
She was trained by Luke as a child. Mind was then wiped and then she was left on Jakku after the Kylo Ren incident. Throughout the film she is regaining the memory of her training until the very end when she sees Luke and he gives her that look. She now remembers everything.
>>
>>64455905
>It's hinted that Mara Jade will be introduced in Star Wars Rebels.
Only "hint" I've seen is that her merchandise wasn't pulled like all the other Legends toys.
>>
Mark Hamill made millions to be in one scene and not say anything.
>>
>>64459877
Ikr. He probably got the best deal out of all the cast members for the amount of work he did.
>>
>>64459877
He got second billing too. It's amazing.
>>
>>64459877
Because he was the best actor.

>he turns around and begins acting
>Ridley continues having that stupid look on her face
>Hamill acts even harder
>Ridley's look of bewilderment turns into smugness as she thinks "look, I'm acting"
>Hamill nearly pops a vein acting
>Ridley gets even more smug
>>
>>64460396
Nah. There's a reason Mark Hamill does so much voice acting now. Adam Driver was the best actor in this movie.
>>
>>64436163
The twist is that people will think she is Luke's daughter but she isn't.

Just some random girl who's incredibly powerful in the force.
>>
>>64460462
>Adam Driver was the best actor in this movie.

I thought the scene with him trying to gain information out of Daisy Ridley was one of the best in the film, they both did well.
>>
I think Reyven would work best if Luke did have a wife and daughter, and Rey was one of the Knights of Ren who killed them. He managed to capture her but couldn't bring himself to kill her because Jedi don't kill their prisoners. So he did the worst thing he could imagine: wiped her memories and dropped her on a planet just like Tatooine.

(He couldn't leave her on Tatooine itself because it's now a giant tourist trap. "See the planet where Luke Skywalker grew up!)

Then Rey would spend most of the next film wondering why Luke is putting her through such cruel and punishing training.
>>
>>64441173
That last part? That's describing jedi, son. Star Wars has and always will be a simple good vs evil thing, nothing more, nothing less. It can have they people flip their alignment but not grey shit. If Episode 8 has moral ambiguity I will lose my shit. I can handle Luke or Rey turning to the dark side or Kylo turning good again but fuck blurring of the lines.

Only grey jedi I trust is the black dude from KOTOR1, and he was basically a jedi still (albeit one who wasn't so strict on the rules or practices). Kreia was always a sith so fuck that bitch. You can't say you're above both sides if you are looking for revenge and continue doing evil shit to get said revenge.
>>
>>64459877
Obviously he's getting paid for his role in the entire trilogy.
We'll see more of him later.
Hope they don't kill him off super fast in episode VIII
>>
She's probably Obi Wans daughter, and her mother will likely be the love interest in the Obi Wan solo movie they have planned. Screencap this lads.
>>
>>64462248
grand daughter* even.
>>
>>64462248
>Obi Wan's daughter
>younger than Han Solo's son

Does that make sense to you?
>>
>>64462248
>>64462274
>>64462821
What if she's obi wans grand daughter and lukes daughter? Anakin and Obi wans kids giving birth to the real mary sue child of prophecy who brings balance to the force would sort of bring nice closure to their arc in the prequels.
>>
>one of the trailers has Luke saying
>"The Force is strong in my family. My father had it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too."
>people still believe Rey isn't Luke's daughter
>>
I thought it was obvious that she's Luke's daughter.

She has a X Wing Pilot helmet, like the one that Luke used. When she touched the lightsaber, she got flashbacks to Luke's training and Ren's rampage. She lived on a desert planet, like Luke. She's a decent pilot, like Luke. She has a strong connection with the force, like Luke.

It's fucking stupid, and it'll be a "huge" reveal in the next movie. But it'll be retarded, just like almost everything in TFA.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.