[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that people are making fun of how stupid EU is, and enjoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 1451571372379.png (1 MB, 894x1174) Image search: [Google]
1451571372379.png
1 MB, 894x1174
Now that people are making fun of how stupid EU is, and enjoying its decanonization, I just want to remind you all what amazing new additions we have to the Star Wars canon

>Kanjiklub
>Phasma
>Maz Kanata
>Rathtars
>NEW death star
>Auto-jedis
>Snoke
>Hux
>>
>>64433234
>Phasma
wasn't so bad. Basically was like a female Boba Fett

>Rathtars
I can't help but thing of the fucking dinosaur from rugrats. They're Malboros. Call them what they are.

>Snoke
Snoke is a stupid name. I just hope he ends up being plagueis so there's at least a good reason why he's so much like Palpatine.
>>
>>64433234
How are they fanfiction? Vader was a terrible villain.
>>
>>64433322
>Was like female Boba Fett
except she added nothing other than filling the trash compactor
>>
>>64433345
>vader
>villain
your opinion is fundamentally flawed
>>
>>64433234
Are you complaining about the actual things or just the names?
What is an Auto-jedis?
>>
File: 1425352640501.jpg (31 KB, 1285x622) Image search: [Google]
1425352640501.jpg
31 KB, 1285x622
>>64433355
It would have made so much sense for Phasma to fight Finn instead of TR-8R

End the fight with Han shooting but not killing her
>>
>>64433234
>Auto-jedis

Pls god tell me this isn't real.
>>
File: anakincreeper.png (298 KB, 635x408) Image search: [Google]
anakincreeper.png
298 KB, 635x408
>>64433440
I think he's referring to Rey "automatically" becoming a Jedi, without any training.
>>
>>64433355
>Implying Boba Fett ever added anything beyond being in the right place at the right time for a minor plot convinience they could have handled with a probe droid
I mean I agree with you, Phasma a shit, but don't act like Boba Fett was anything more.
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Trooper

CANON
>>
>>64433479

you have terrible taste
>>
>>64433234

I liked Hux.
>>
>>64433530
oh. thanks, have a gif
>>
>>64433699

lmao

isn't Good Looks the most important thing though

(also being a Chad Jedi prodigy)
>>
>>64433234
>that picture

Why are so many EU fags so buttblasted? Where's the outrage for the marvel films?
>>
>>64433749
>Where's the outrage for the marvel films?
The Marvel movies don't retcon the comics though. They're just set in different continuities.
>>
>>64433741
For a man? No. But it helps. Power, money are way more important.
>>
>>64433234
TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64433234
>how stupid EU is
Why?
>>
>>64433613
>terrible taste

Why, because a better-developed character would have been preferable to meme material?
>>
The Expanded Universe is cool.
>>
>>64433613
not really. I thought the same thing. Why not make it the named trooper who didn't get enough screentime rather than some random asshole stormtrooper? If he's just fighting some no-name disposable storm trooper then what is the point of having a fight there in the first place?
>>
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
>le Disney is canon! haha! meme

Nah, fuck all of that.

George Lucas played the Kotor games, loved them, and canonized them himself.

George Lucas is the only regulator of canon, and Kotor *IS* and forever will be, canon.
>>
>>64433355
Boba Fett was even worse.
At least Phasma helped cause destruction.
>>
>>64433234
I like the new one better. Kylo and Hux are two of the best characters in all of Star Wars.
>>
>>64433234
No, Tarkin and Vader had respect for each other and both worked to serve the Emperor, but Hux and Ren hate each other
>>
Why doesn't Hux have any sort of rank insignia on his chest? Is that what the armbands are for now? Like Star Trek?
>>
>>64433993
sorry anon, he sold his baby and all rights to canon along with it. it was only ever about the dollar bills.
>>
>>64433234
every shot in the movie is just off somehow. it doesn't look or feel or even sound like Star Wars
>>
>EU babby STILL crying over m-muh evul Disney
>>
Boba Fett was cool, he tracked the elusive smuggler Han Solo, he was down with the Hutt, he gave that slow nod to "Boushh" (Leia in disguise in ROTJ), he had the whole batman thing going on with his jet pack, grapnel launcher on his wrist, etc

Phasma had a chrome suit and gave up the shield codes for Starkiller without even being tortured first, SHIT.
>>
>>64433234
TFA honestly does feel like the movie adaption of some EU novel that was never published. At first I was happy that they canned the stupid EU, but then they just go and remake it with more lens flare. What a waste.
>>
Jesus fuck I've seen this movie twice and only recognise about two of the names on that list
>>
>>64433553
>for a minor plot convinience they could have handled with a probe droid

If they had used a probe droid then there is no way the Empire could have arrived at cloud city before the Falcon does.
>>
>>64434070

Yeah, totally agree. This was by far my favorite movie of Star Wars.
>>
>>64433590
>Zombies are canon
lol
>>
>>64434811
>Implying the Empire needed to get there first
>Implying Boba Fett's capabilities of finding them likely by luck when no sensors detect them, is anywhere beyond Imperial resources
I was talking narratively when I said he could be easily replaced though. He adds nothing to the plot, the same way Phasma doesn't add anything to the point. She could have been replaced by a keycard they swipe, and the movie would be no different.
>>
>>64433869
Because /tv/ parrots what redditlettermedia thinks
>>
File: 1451399678887.jpg (78 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1451399678887.jpg
78 KB, 600x709
>>64433234
Why does he wear the fucking mask? There is literally no reason for him. Except to look edgy. Which would mean his character is cheat. When the writing of the main antagonist of your movie series is shit, the writing of the whole series is shit.

The worst prequel > 7.
>>
>>64434987
Because people laugh when they see Adam Driver's face
>>
>>64433993
>George Lucas is the only regulator of canon
This. He is a piece of shit for selling his idea to the Jews but he is the creator after all. Everyone else is just a fan. What they create is fan fiction. Oga ergo procca hock.
>>
>>64434987
Vader worship of both the character and the writers
>>
>>64435059
>J.J.Abrams
>Fan of something
You presume much.
>>
>>64434682
Remember when Boba Fett gets hit with a pole by a blind guy and then is never seen again in the sarlacc pit?

He gets punked, Phasma will get her chance to shine hunting down Finn and then will get punked as well.
>>
>>64433749
Comics already have a million different continuities, so the films doing something different is just par for the course. The only time people complain is when they fuck with the origin story. The situation with TFA and the EU is not the same thing.
>>
>>64434987
he wanted to rip off Revan from the original canon

Kylo is going to turn good too
>>
>>64435059
>>64433993

Whoever holds the copyright gets to decide what is and isn't canon. Luuke, Luuuke and Order 66 cookies aren't canon any more. Deal with it babbies
>>
>>64434916
i;m with you here people forget lucas was horrible at story telling anh was only good cause of his wife and empire was only good cause of lawrence this movie was 9/10
>>
>>64433322
I hope Phasma doms Finn when he gets captured
>>
>>64435233
>PG13
>>
>>64433234
>Kanjiklub
Someone could have stopped this. Probably.
>Phasma
Designed to be a meme.
>Maz Kanata
Ew. Like fucking ew. I want Lucas back.
>Rathtars
Someone could have stopped this. Probably.
>NEW death star
Go fuck yourself Abrams, this is 6 years old fanfiction tier.
>Auto-jedis
Same as above.
>Snoke
JUST
>Hux
Big mouth for big speeches and sucking supreme leader's big cock.
>>
>>64435174
There is no absolute definition of what is canon and what is not. The most logical definiton, however, is that what the fucking creator does is definitive canon. Everything else is non-canon or, at best, optional canon. So if you want you can consider the new shit canon, if you don't want to, you have every right in this world to not consider it canon.
>>
>>64434987
He's literally an edgelord.
Also it's possible that the empire at large doesn't know he's Han's son so he hides his identity.
>>
>>64433993
>George Lucas is the only regulator of canon, and Kotor *IS* and forever will be, canon.
Source.
>>
>>64434145
It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>64433234

It's like a fanfiction movie with the original cast making guest appearances for the fans.

It was a decent movie, but it wasn't great or a life changing experience with groundbreaking anything or memorable music. If it's anything like J.J's star trek movies, then its a good sci-fi star trek-esque movie. Outside that, good star wars fanfiction flick.
>>
>64433741
Listening to her prattle on about herself is also important.
>>
>>64433355

And Boba got killed by a blind cripple.
>>
>>64434987
because JJ wants him to be a Vader clone without understanding anything about why Darth Vader was such a great villain
>>
>>64433993

Lucas hated KOTOR you retard. Especially KOTOR2.

While he loved The Force Unleashed.

Lucas is a fucking autist.
>>
>>64434987

Are you literally retarded?

That's the entire point of his character. He's an edgy nerd and Vader's fanboy.
>>
>>64435817
There's no reasoning with autists, anon.
>>
>>64433234

I will never accept the EU as non-canon. I don't know of any real Star Wars fan who can honestly say they view the new trilogy/films as anything but a spin-off from the established EU.
>>
>>64434916
>>64435227

:^)
>>
>>64433993
Malachor V is canon.

Revan is canon. Don't worry anon.
>>
>>64437127
A planet called Malachor is canon. Revan is not canon. Please try to keep up.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.