[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /tv/'s thoughts of the newest Tarantino? Personally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: h8ful8.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
h8ful8.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
What are /tv/'s thoughts of the newest Tarantino?

Personally, I was pretty disappointed with The Hateful 8. Thought the pacing of the movie was glacial and the plot to be pretty bland for a Tarantino.
>>
YOU GOTTA NAIL THE DOOR SHUT
>>
howdy nigger
>>
>HORALE CABRON
>>
>>64431596
implying you had any idea one of the main actors listed in the intro was in the basement

but yeh not his greatest
>>
>>64432775
YOU GOTTA USE 2 PIECES OF WOOD
>>
Quentin "Show me them toes before my ass explodes" Tarantino
>>
Black dingus scene seems like a shitty copypasta lifted directly from /b/.
>>
>>64433116
Quentin "shutting your butt down" Tarantino
>>
I liked it a lot.
I liked the slow pacing, the cinematography. I like the fact that there isn't a good guy to "root" for. I liked the final where the two guys who a reason to hate each other the most end up on the same side. I like that the charachters while sketched in just two or three phrases all have a distinct "voice".

I didn't like Tim Roth's charachter, it feels like Schultz-lite.
>>
A glib facimilie of a western
>>
I liked it, and seeing the 70mm version was cool.
>>
>>64433148
yea Tarantino is officially a faggot for this. didn't even make me rage. just straight up pointless gay shit.
>>
Loved it. I was suspicious of every word and every facial expression every character made. Edge of my seat whodunit thriller. The cartoonish gore was the cherry on top.
>>
BIG
>>
>>64433169
OP here, I agree with you on the Tim Roth character and the phenomenal cinematography. I felt that the backstories/convergence were a little too convenient. It felt as though the movie was heavy on exposition and a "telling" rather than "showing" type of story-telling.
>>
>>64433030
The guy in the basement isn't one of the hateful eight
>>
Ending was shit
>>
One of his best. Right up there with Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Bastards
>>
File: how cold are you.jpg (115 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
how cold are you.jpg
115 KB, 1280x800
How cold are you /tv/?
>>
Better than Django

PF > RD > JB > KB > IB > HE > DP > DU
>>
Really liked it, going to actually pay to see it when it comes out here in January.
>>
Mean bastards you gotta hang..

What was the full quote?
>>
>>64433169
>Reply to Thread No.64431596
>[Spoiler?]
>>64433244
>>64433343
>>64434977
>>64435698
>>64435748
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>64435752
"You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."
>>
One of my favorite movies honestly.
>>
When you get to hell, anon, tell 'em reddit sent ya!
>>
A lot of people bitch about the Black Dingus scene, but he was probably lying the entire time.
>>
>>64434780
Yes he is.
The four that arrived on each carriae are the Hateful Eight.

First Carriage: Sexy boy, Mexican, Englishman, cowboy guy
Second carriage: hangman, domegue , general Samuel Jackson, and Renegade sheriff

The old man was a red herring and O.B. didn't count.
>>
Why didn't Cuckatino have a foot scene this time?
>>
Hate Fellate

Anyone made this joke yet? my friend told me.
>>
>>64436511
He appears in the cocksucking scene
>>
I really enjoyed it, and it's probably my favorite movie of 2015.
What's some of the symbolism in the movie? I was trying to figure out how the Lincoln letter fit into the whole plot - I think it's just to signify just how little truth we actually know from each character.

Also, did anyone else have people fucking clapping in their showing? Somebody in mine cheered when SLJ said the "she took down the sign because she started letting dogs in" line
>>
>>64436009
This, he just revealed in the previous scene that the Lincoln letter was a fake so him lying about that is possible.
>>
Judy was cute. RIP
>>
>>64437238
This. Deception is a major recurring theme throughout the film
>>
File: 1414879263471.jpg (64 KB, 844x717) Image search: [Google]
1414879263471.jpg
64 KB, 844x717
Does Jackson use "nigger" on a daily basis?
>>
>>64437230

I thought it was interesting how everyone who talked about the letter was kind of in awe of it, even Mannix.

I figured Lincoln was a kind of symbol of peace and unity during a time of chaos and division. Basically a complete contrast to the scoundrel main characters.
>>
>>64433105
THERE'S A GODDAMN BLIZZARD OUT THERE
>>
>>64437238
Seriously, anyone who believed Warren was telling the truth got played just like the General.

Warren had already made it clear he wanted the General dead when he tried drawing on him earlier. The story was just his way of getting the General to draw first.
>>
why didn't the mexican gang just kill Kurt Russell when he was hammering the door shut?
>>
>>64438026
I think they wanted to wait to see who else was with him.
>>
>>64433030
I was curious when Tatum was going to appear.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.