[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney getting BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: igerpooh.jpg (26 KB, 419x387) Image search: [Google]
igerpooh.jpg
26 KB, 419x387
Latest reports indicate that people in Disney HQ are worried about the future prospects of the Star Wars franchise. The company might not get their 4 billions back.

As domestic gross of The Force Awakens is about to overtake Avatar, foreign box office is stalling significantly. Mixed reaction among the foreign audience and fans in the US to the J.J. Abrams movie are the contributing factors toward it. Disney is forced to lower expectations of Episode VIII gross, as they realizing that by the time it comes out people might be getting wearied off by the overblown hype surrounding Star Wars return.

"We may have gone too far in a few places" said Bob Iger, CEO of Disney.
>>
>>64431327
Nice source faggot
>>
SAY NO MORE FAMILY

LET'S DO 2 SW MOVIES A YEAR STARTING IN 2017
>>
>>64431327
>The company might not get their 4 billions back.
Stopped reading there. Disney has probably already made their 4 billion back thanks to all of the Star Wars merch they've sold over the last few months.
>>
I don't wanna support black people so I'm waiting for the rip. Disney aint getting a dime from me.
>>
>>64431489

Wow, so edgy. I wish I was that edgy. Here, anon, have this anvil so you can hammer out those edges.
>>
File: 1451433508000.jpg (45 KB, 498x360) Image search: [Google]
1451433508000.jpg
45 KB, 498x360
>>64431327

>already made 1.5b in a few weeks
>prob will make several times that in merch
>still have 2 more core films and several spinoffs to go, each with merch of their own

Remind me again why you faggots make these LOL STAR WARS LOL AVATAR wank threads?
>>
>>64431327
Disney probably sold $4 billion in Star Wars merchandise just during the Christmas season. All my little cousins (and older autist cousin) were showered with Star Wars toys this year.
>>
>turns out the all important asian market doesn't like black guys
>>
Why didn't they just paint him green so they could greenscreen him into any skin color possible and have him be black for the american market, white for the europeans and yellow for the asians??
>>
>>64431327
There are probably at least a dozen people on this board who will genuinely believe this.
>>
>>64432671
I support this idea.
>>
>>64431327
OP works for Sony Pictures and is trying to fuck up Disney's revenues.

Sorry about The Amazing Spider Man 2...
>>
We've gone from being the racist board, to being the retard board. How the fuck does that happen?
>>
>>64431773
not supporting black people isn't edgy, it's old school
>>
>>64432671
Can't make his performance any whiter.
>>
>>64432976
Why would sony do that when disney is paying sony to allow spiderman in whatever avengers movie?
>>
>>64431327
>The company might not get their 4 billions back.
By that logic, Disney should've gone under when The Avengers didn't make back the 4 billion they spent on Marvel.

You're an idiot if you think they spent all that money with the expectation of making it back on a single film. That cost is made back in merchandise and licensing deals.
>>
>Implying TFA is doing badly

Hell no, it has a legit shot at beating Avatars worldwide gross and it hasn't been opened in China yet.

Disney is going to make every cent of their 4 billion back and billions more. Star Wars is one of the those few evergreen franchises that prints money.

I'm amazed Lucas actually sold it for only 4 billion. The merchandise alone can make that is a few years.
>>
>>64431327
>Disney
>Blown Out

Yet they put out 2 movies that made 1 Billion plus in a year.

Please, tell me exactly how bad they are doing oh wise one.
>>
>>64435180
>I'm amazed Lucas actually sold it for only 4 billion. The merchandise alone can make that is a few years.
his hand was forced
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.