[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No more True Detective?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: TD writer Nic Pizzolatto.jpg (61 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
TD writer Nic Pizzolatto.jpg
61 KB, 567x425
So what's the deal, has Nic Pizzolatto thrown in the towel with True Detective? Given up? Tired of the constant criticisms?
>>
The Magnificent Seven is filming. It would be a shame to have season two be the last. Maybe he wants less attention while writing a third season.
>>
>>64427985
Nic Pizza's out of hack ideas to steal.
>>
>>64427985
true detective s1 was a happy accident

S2 was proof that he did so many things unintentionally right in S1.

for his own sake he should let it be.
>>
>>64427985
HBO is still riding his dick 100% so there will probably be a new season sooner or later
>>
>>64427985

After plagiarizing for S1, and then totally fucking up S2, he's probably going to be given a producer role for S3 so HBO can save face...but he's done.
>>
>>64428206
I hope he stays as the creative lead
>>
>>64427985
>have good actors in the first season
OMG WE ARE ENTERING A NEW PARADIGM OF TELEVISION SHOWS
>replace the good actors with c-list actors
HURR WHY IS THE SHOW NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE?
>>
>>64427985
redditors itt
>>
>>64428406
itt: reddit promotion for those that never go there.
>>
File: tds3.png (510 KB, 888x319) Image search: [Google]
tds3.png
510 KB, 888x319
this when
>>
>>64427985

>It's a /tv/ doesnt actually follow film and television news thread

HBO recently signed him for a multi-year development deal, it's safe to assume they'll eek out another season.
>>
S1 was a product of stolen ideas, a phenominal cinematographer, fantastic director, and some great performances.

He'd already mapped out season 2 (remember "hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system" line?) before getting butthurt about the Ligotti/Chambers ripoff criticism, so he blew it up and rewrote it from scratch at the last minute... and we saw what he's worth as a writer. For fuck's sake, the guy made his bones writing for that terrible every-fucking-episode-introduces-a-new-suspect-which-will-be-revealed-as-a-red-herring-in-the-opener-of-the-next-episode shit in the first two seasons of the American version of The Killing (which he later blamed on Veena Sud, who definitely deserves a lot of blame), and his novel and short stories are derivative and utterly pedestrian.
>>
>>64428837
you're the one who doesnt pay attention to shit because they already said there will only be a season 3 if he feels like it and they're not pushing him after the lukewarm reception that 2 got

he'll probably produce some other crime show for them just to fulfill his contract before fading into obscurity
>>
>>64428223
whaddya mean whom/what did he plagiarize?
>>
What the fuck, get Ryan Gosling, that faggot Xavier Dolan, maybe Tom Hardy or somebody, Shia Labeouf, lol. Set it in the 80s. The soundtrack is Drake, Adele, NIN, I dunno. It's done. Is it that hard, Nic?
>>
File: 1451681950156.gif (876 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1451681950156.gif
876 KB, 256x192
>>64429324
I'd watch that
>>
>>64428223
>After plagiarizing for S1
I wonder when will this meme end
>>
>>64429324
>all you need to make a good tv show is a couple actors and some music

wat
>>
>>64429396
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>64429417
when pizzalatte invents time travel to go back and warn his past self not to steal from thomas ligotti, robert w chambers, alan moore, and etc etc etc?
>>
>>64429173
Moore, Leonard, Chambers, MacCarthy

For some reason he thought he was the only lit nerd with an Internet connection lmao
>>
>>64429476
>one line
LOLOL THE WHOLE SEASON WAS A RIP OFF WHAT A HACK
>>
>>64429446
What else?
>>
>>64428206
>HBO is still riding his dick 100%
>the channel that forced Girls on you

quelle surprise
>>
>>64429560
>>64429537
>>64429476

Funny thing is, myself and many others don't give a shit, and just want more True Detective like that.
>>
AWARDS WERE LOST
NO SEASONS SIGNED
I LOST MY JOB
THE SCRIPT WAS MINE

I HAD A JOB
I DIDNT TRY
I HAVE A NAME
ITS PIZZA PIE

PIZZA PIE

PIZZA PIE

I WROTE THE SCRIPT NOBODY LIKED
THE STORY'S TOLD
WITH HACKY LINES
I HAD A NAME
ITS PIZZA PIE
>>
>>64428837
>it's safe to assume they'll eek out another season.

+1, you managed to use the word incorrectly AND misspell it
>>
>>64428963
He was in a bind with The Killing because, well, everyone knew who the murderer was from the original series.

It's almost, almost as though adapting preexisting television mysteries is a shitshow
>>
>>64428775
>not The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan
>>
>>64429644
I WAS NOT KEKED
>>
Literally the best part of The Killing was the rich punk who looked at Holder and said "You know you're white, right"
>>
Second season was only considered bad because the first was so fucking good. The second season was better than most shit on tv. Also Vince posting made me like it way more.
>>
If S3 happened and one of the character is an edgy atheist I'm dropping the show for good. The show need to grow out of its edgy Rust phase.
>>
File: TD Rust Cohle.png (806 KB, 800x803) Image search: [Google]
TD Rust Cohle.png
806 KB, 800x803
>>64429956
See, and that is what I want more of.
>>
>>64429956
But anon, ...Rust is based as fuck
>>
>>64430049
>>64430107
Yeah and doing a carbon copy of him is going to suck. The show needs a new direction. It's an anthology series.
>>
Everyone is so bias of season 2 because Rust was based as fuck. You cant replace rust and his story is over. We just need to move on.
>>
>>64429901
season 1 being so good did make season 2 worse but even on it's own it's still fucking garbage
>>
File: TD S2 Fukunaga.jpg (302 KB, 675x954) Image search: [Google]
TD S2 Fukunaga.jpg
302 KB, 675x954
>>64427985
>Nic Pizzolatto, creator of the HBO TV series “True Detective”, was found dead today in Los Angeles. Police said he appeared to have hanged himself. He was 39.

>The officer responsible for investigating the death said that the writer had hanged himself with a cord from the suite’s curtains. A rope was also found around his genitals. Police said Pizzolatto’s body was taken to a hospital for an autopsy that would be carried out today.

>According to the hotel maid who found the body, his suicide note was "as poorly written as the second season" of his TV show. "Certain experiences you can't survive, and afterward you don't fully exist, even if you failed to die", Pizzolatto wrote. He also mentioned feeling depressed about HBO refusing to renew his contract, following low ratings and negative reviews. HBO declined to comment.

>Pizzolatto is survived by his wife, Amy, and their 5 year-old daughter.

http://variety.com/2015/tv//nic-pizzolatto-found-dead-1386034176/
>>
he reminds me a bit of riddley scott. he's not that good. but he's done some GOAT stuff because he surrounded himself with really based artists and creators. true detective 1 was good because all the things it had going besides pizzaman. on 2 he shifted everything and everyone and the only constant left was the lousy writing, which is what pizza brought to the table.

if pizza surrounds himself with the right peope for 3, it could be good again.
>>
>>64430227
good riddance
>>
>>64430107
>>64429956
>>64430049

Rust is based, the whole of season 1 was great, all they had to do was keep the formula when they made season 2, but Pizzaman got scared when season 1 got pretty close to reality in some parts so he decided to play it safe
>>
>>64430191
>carbon copy

You assume that is what is meant. More of, but not exact.
So you know what a should be, or not be? May I ask what programming network you work for, that I can verify your expert program consulting?
>>
>>64430308
I don't know of any other TV character whose an atheist with brain damaged hallucinations from hardcore narcotics. I want more shit like that. Not exactly, but I wouldn't mind seeing more in that general direction.
>>
>>64430243

Not even. Ridley Scott will deliver visual footage of excellent standard every single time. He is incredibly hardworking and visually his films are rarely lacking. Where Ridley fails at is selecting good scripts with good writing, and then restraining himself into a 2-2.5 hr maximum running time. It's also known that Ridley Scott basically has almost all of his first cuts be 4 hours long (which is basically his ideal version of the film that is most loyal to the script), and then progressively eliminates material there until the studio deems it to be an acceptable length.

Nicolo Pizzicato however is just a hack who accidentally got lucky with a relatively mediocre story that was inflated to something decent if not great by the work of others (namely Fukunaga, actors and whoever the cinematographer and location scouts were)
>>
>>64428963
you're a pedestrian

Season 1 had meme cinematography and pleb bait fun-pandering plot, which makes it worthless to rewatch unlike s2
>>
What annoys me most about both seasons of TD is that they never really end up going that deep into it and uncovering these "hidden secrets" that Pizzorio alludes to in his interviews. Like in S1 there was all this talk about how many people were involved, and how far it goes and all this occult shit, and then in the end its just some mumbling retard. And even when Rust is aware of the connections and how "deep" it goes into politicians and people in charge etc. he just decides to drop the case and feel contentment in catching the retard, even though it was suggested that he was only just a manufactures part of the rituals and such. How can the audience feel contentment from Ep 1-2 where all this mysterious occultism is hinted at, and then established even further in 4-5 and then in the end its just an actual mentally handicapped person? It's stupid writing.

Same with S2. Wasn't it supposed to uncover Hollywood's hidden history? And what did it reveal? Local politicans and cops are corrupt, and secret high-class prostitute orgies happen in big mansions. WOW how unique and never-before-seen! I think Pizzeria is actually deluded enough with his own ego and "genius" that he legitimately thinks he's exposing some sort of unseen hidden side of Hollywood to the audience, even though the setting and subject-matter is so commonly explored that it's borderline cliche at this point. WTF is he even thinking.
>>
>>64430919

You're literally describing S2 with that sentence though
>>
>>64431038
S2 really destroyed the viewer imo, which I liked

S1 felt like "barely getting away" while accomplishing nothing

I love both endings a lot. And it wasn't about high-class prostitute orgies or anything like that. It was about the idea of what happens when you dig too deep and you realize it was all for nothing and you completely JUST'ed yourself. Old things coming to haunt you back and even wiping you off the face of the earth.
>>
>>64429324
>The soundtrack is Drake, Adele, NIN,
That doesn't make any sense, senpai. If it's set in the 80s it should have 80s music.
>>
>>64431089
I'm literally not though

S1 is so linear it's like a tube, there's nothing to pick out on further rewatches

S2 is a lot wider and more nuanced, the way it moves forward in a much larger and sweeping manner. It's easy to pick out random details you missed the first time.

S1 is bottle necked by the format of the 2 characters and the way it progresses in that it quickly loses its power on subsequent viewings. The only thing that's left is some of that ambiance.

The only remotely memetic stuff from S2 were those highway shots, but even they had a symbolic purpose unlike say, those unimaginative constant establishing shots from Sicario.
>>
The ending of season 2 depressed the fuck out of me. He didnt even get to send the message to his fucking kid...rough.
>>
Pizzolatto's hack levels are off the charts
>>
Season 2 was sooo bad and I am certain that anyone who defends it is a troll or a hipster or both. The only good thing about it was Colin Ferrel. He's the ONLY one who put in a respectable performance.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.