[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the fucking point of that Han Solo vs gangsters vs Giant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: 1449553151731.jpg (98 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1449553151731.jpg
98 KB, 640x853
What was the fucking point of that Han Solo vs gangsters vs Giant Squids filler subplot? Was it commentary on how Jabba the Hutt had almost nothing to do with the main plot in OT?
>>
>>64427983
Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do. But in the end, you will understand.
>>
>>64427983
I think it was filler
>>
>>64428089
>>
>>64427983
Even if it was poking fun at that it's still stupid because Jabba is a motivating factor for Han doing a lot of the things he does and is the center of the entire first act of the lady movie
>>
JJ's directing style is to just always have action escalation and no slow thoughtful moments so that you never sit and think about how retarded everything is.
>>
>>64427983

I thought they were setting up for another gangster/smuggler subplot for Han and Chewie in a sequel. Then Han died.

So now I have no idea.
>>
It was action beat. It would've been boring if Han and Chewie just got on Falcon and then they fly away.
>>
>kanjiklub
>>
>>64427983
sorry
no time for world building in a braindead flick
>>
Fan service.
It shows how han solo is still badass and getting into space trouble despite the old age
>>
It's to get you excited for the Han Solo spinoff movie
>>
>>64427983
>What was the fucking point of that Han Solo vs gangsters vs Giant Squids filler subplot?
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
TELL
>>
Rey, have I ever told you about Ganja Club? They were a good friend.
>>
As a lazy remake of ANH, they checked the original and realised they needed an action scene at that point, but because the plot they had written was devoid of any substance they had to make up some irrelevant random shit that had nothing to do with anything instead.
>>
Because nearly every scene was a poor copy of an scene from ANH.

This scene was a shit version of Han's debt to Jabba. I fully expect Rey or Finn to be frozen in carbonate at the end of the next film. Exactly like flipping the Kirk/Spock death scene in STID.

Unimaginative exploitation of nostalgia. And the sheep have bought it all.
>>
>>64427983
The only action JJ knows how to do is people running. That's all there is to it.
>>
Autocorrect fucked me
>>
Why did the octupussies eat the other men instantly, but grabbed Finn and carry him off, conveniently giving Rey time to save him?
>>
Those squids looked really out of place for Star Wars setting tbqh
>>
>>64427983
It was to suck up to the Chinese. Did you not see that one smuggler start talking Chinese for no reason? This is how society is today you must pander to the Chinese.
>>
>>64428449
They were worried he might be overcooked.
>>
I NEVER MADE A DEAL WITH KANJIKLUB!
>>
>find out two of the gangsters were the main dude and Mad Dog from The Raid
>they do no martial arts whatsoever

WWWWHHHHYYYYYY?
>>
The Chinese guy speaking in Chinese was100% aimed at the Chinese market.

Everything in this rehash was clinically cynical.
>>
>>64428508
He was indonesian and I don't think he was speaking in a real-world language.
>>
>>64428407
Oh god, I forgot about Star Trek. Episode 8 is going to be wink wink nudge nudge DUDE REFERENCES LMAO the entire time.
>>
>>64428536
Holy shit you are right that guy was Mad Dog from the raid movies. How the hell did he get into star wars?
>>
>>64427983
It was just a fun scene showing us what sort of thing Han and Chewie are up to. I liked it, it was new.
>>
>>64428590
JJ claims to be a Raid fan that wanted them to do a cameo.

Most likely, in reality he looked up "best-reviewed martial arts films" and tried to get them to choreograph VII, but what they planned was too complex/violent/"unrealistic" for his super-safe focus-grouped Disney ANH ripoff so he just gave them cameos to compensate.
>>
because after his son chose the Dark Side Han's family got fucked up and both him and Leia ended up doing the things they do best.

They literally said it.

It's not that hard to get.
>>
>>64428407
I actually likes that STID did that, but fuck me right?
>>
>>64427983
It was the same monsters that chased Kirk in Star Trek. Eventually JJ is going to put them in every movie.
>>
>>64428449
Because Finn is a main character.
>>
>>64428581
And the fourth film they will travel in time - i am willing to bet on it
>>
>>64428678
I was very pissed at Into Darkness Khan twist because ever since first trailer it was very popular rumour that Cumbersnatch is gonna be Khan, but JJ actually denied it pre-release
>>
>>64428740
Wait.
So you're saying JJ is bad at making movies?
>>
>>64428449
Maybe he had enough and was saving Finn for later
>>
>>64428770
Not him. JJ is good at holding your interest with flashy things happening on screen. He's basically the director designed for the ADHD generation.

He's basically michael bay but better at making people think his stuff is better than that.
>>
File: starwarswestendrpg.jpg (530 KB, 1024x1342) Image search: [Google]
starwarswestendrpg.jpg
530 KB, 1024x1342
>>64428184
Rey and Chewbacca will have to fight them off instead.

>>64428612
Same here. Reminded me of the type of situations you'd have when playing the older tabletop version of the Star Wars roleplaying game.
>>
Chewbacca will get killed next. Luke in film 3
>>
>>64428865
He's Michael Bay if Bay was also a pretentious twat.
>>
What's a kanjiklub?
>>
>>64427983
That scene was made to introduct Han Solo to a new genaration
>>
>>64428449
it thought finn was burnt so he waved him around for a while to cool him off
>>
>>64428612
It felt like Star Trek.
>>
To get Han to trust the kids that had his ship
>>
>>64427983
just to show after his heroics in the war he hit rock bottom going back to being a sleazy smuggler.
>>
I assumed it was giving him a reason to be there.
>>
>>64428865
He's Michael Bay with better PR that markets him as "one of us geeks" and instead of an extremely mainstream director and treats the fact that he only gets involved in well established franchises as a good thing.
>>
I thought it was the best part of the movie. Shit at least it was original unlike the rest of it
>>
1) To create action and keep the action flowing
2) To give Solo a reason for being in that system
3) To show Solo had gone back to his old ways and left Leia
4) To create time past between the four of them so they'll have been through something together and so that they didn't just instantly get the Falcon
5) To get rid of Han's current freighter.
>>
>>64427983
There were a number of pointless actio nscenes and the motivations for some characters were very vague. Still miles better than the shitty prequels though.

Seriously though, if they got the cast of Girl Meets World to dothe other star wars movies it'd still be better than the shitty prequels.
>>
>>64433618
>b-but PREQUELS

literally nobody's talking about them
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.