[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Pippin start tearing up and crying while singing his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Pippin.jpg (23 KB, 180x242) Image search: [Google]
Pippin.jpg
23 KB, 180x242
Why did Pippin start tearing up and crying while singing his song to the Stewart of Gondor?

That song that went something like

>Through shadow, something, something, to the end... something something dark abyss

Was it the song or something else that was making him all teary eyed.
>>
>>64426132
I thought he was sad that Faramir was almost certainly going to die because his dickhead father sent him out on a suicide-mission which he only accepted because he felt he never lived up to Boromir in his father's eyes.
>>
>>64426132

in that scene while the Stewart was eating and blood was spurting from the chicken (which I find really disgusting) was that scene in the book as well?
>>
>>64426254
Those were tomatoes he was eating.
>>
separated from his home (enormous deal for a hobbit) and friends and boyfriend (and it wouldnt be a bad bet to make that they could never see each other again). the worlds on the brink of ruin. minis tirith is about to be assaulted and lots of people will die. faramirs off on a suicide mission and his father doesnt care. faramirs brother died defending him, his feet hurt
>>
They don't have second breakfast in Gondor
>>
>>64426511
kek

If Hobbits are so short and eat so much why aren't they all obese?
>>
>>64426346
I want to see a my feet hurt picture with pippin now

>tfw no second breakfast
>>
>>64426526
idk put it down to physiology

apparently they're all meant to be like 50 as well because they live for so long that 50 is relatively young

lord of the rings is fucking weird
>>
>>64426254
No it wasn't in the book and see >>64426287. You're kind of dumb.
>>
>>64426556
>apparently they're all meant to be like 50

Incorrect. Merry and Pippin are quite a bit younger than Frodo who is 50 when they set out on their quest. The coming of age year for hobbits is a relatively late 33 though.
>>
>>64426132

Pippin is a faggot
>>
>>64426641
oh, fair enough
I still find it weird that Frodo is 50
>>
>>64426526
theyre fat fucks on old book covers and in the animated movies.
>>
>>64426662
Well he became the owner of the Ring when he was 33 so that basically stopped him from appearing to age.
>>
>>64426655
DUDE HIVEMIND LMAO

I was just about to post this. Frodo is less annoying than Pippin.
>>
Why didn't they just ask the eagles to take them to Mt. Doom and throw the ring there?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier?
>>
Why didn't they just ask the eagles to fly them to the immortality land
>>
>>64426718
>>64426754
why not just ask why did tolkein write lord of the rings at all
>>
>>64426781
because he's dead
>>
why didnt an eagle just kamikaze saurons big eye
>>
>>64426713
Idk I thought Samwise was meant to be really old too, pretty sure it's just a species thing.
>>
>>64426526
The ones that aren't running around trying to throw pieces of jewelry down a volcano are fat asses. >>64426534
>>
Why didn't they just demolish the Sauron tower?

What would happen then?
>>
>>64426879
Yeah, Sam was roughly the same age as Frodo but Merry and Pippin were his younger cousins. The movies obviously don't convey this, but Merry and Pippin would have been really young at Bilbo's 111th birthday party which is 17 years before the main story begins.
>>
>>64426641
>>64426641
33 is relatively young and actually it is the new becoming of age as many people in this economy are just getting jobs at that age because of the shitty job market.
>>
>>64427037
>many
>m a n y
>many people get their first job at 33

can't tell if serious
>>
>>64427103
I think he means career, not just a shitty job.
>>
>>64426958

in the books the age of the Hobbits is as follows:

The Council of Elrond convened on 25 October, T.A. 3018 in Rivendell.

Character Third Age Date of birth Age at the Council
Frodo Baggins September 22, 2968 [6] 50
Samwise Gamgee April 6, 2980[7] 38
Meriadoc Brandybuck 2982 36
Peregrin Took 2990[8] 28

so Pippin was like a teenager, given that hobbits are supposed to reach adulthood at 33.
>>
Because he was aware that faramir was sent to a certain slaughter

Watch the movie faggot
>>
>>64426254
Nope.
>>
>>64426132
>Was it the song or something else that was making him all teary eyed.

He just saw Denethor send Faramir to certain death, which only happened because Boromir died defending the hobbits. He's separated from his family and his friends, Sam and Frodo could very well be dead, and there's a massive war coming that he can't escape from.

This is a guy who's spend the first 30 years of his life doing nothing but chilling in the Shire, doing funny shit with is friends, getting drunk, and smoking. Being suddenly thrown into all this death and fear was probably a little overwhelming.
>>
>>64426662
>>64426713
They're hobbits, not humans... Being 50 could mean anything in human terms.
>>
>>64427737
True. I was just pointing out that Frodo still looked really young because of the Ring.
>>
>>64426132
Because God.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.