[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOOD STAR WARS FILMS: IV, V, VI, III BAD STAR WARS FILMS: I,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4
File: 7773769005_star-wars.jpg (558 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
7773769005_star-wars.jpg
558 KB, 1920x1200
GOOD STAR WARS FILMS: IV, V, VI, III

BAD STAR WARS FILMS: I, II, VII

Regardless of order we can all agree on this, right? No one is stupid enough to think otherwise, I hope.
>>
>>64424169
God-Tier Star Wars "Films": The Holiday Special
"Good" Star Wars "Films": V & VI
Shit Star Wars "Films": Everything else.
>>
>III
>good
no thx
>>
>>64424169
No. None of the Star Wars films are that bad.
>>
Good: IV and V

That's it.
>>
>>64424169
Good star wars: IV, V, VI, I

Average star wars: III, VII

Bad star wars: II
>>
>>64424169
People who like star wars say V > IV
People who film say IV > V
People who don't like either say III isn't last

IV > V > VI > VII > I > II > III
>>
>>64424169
>leh VII was bad amirite guys xD

Kill yourself waste of space.
>>
one question

are the prequels l ll & lll ?

im confused about the ordering
>>
III>V>VI>IV>I>VII>II
If Darth Jar Jar was a thing then II>VII
>>
>>64424794
III is just as bad as II
>>
>>64424820
*worse than
>>
>>64424169
If by good you mean >5/10, and by bad you mean <6/10, then I'd say the only bad ones are I and II.
>>
>>64424820
Honestly a better fucking Anakin would've made the movie way better
>>
>>64424791
I, II, and III = Prequels

IV, V, and VI = Originals

VII is the new one that just came out.
>>
>>64424169
>>64424578
>>64424694
these are all good opinions imho.
>>
IV > V > VI > VII > III > I > II

Posting once again that as long as your order follows this....

Top 2 - IV and V
Middle 3 - VI, III and VII
Bottom 2 - I and II

Then you're totally fine by me.
>>
>>64424169

6 was really mediocre, and was only saved by the climax that redeemed the whole thing. The problem with 1 & 2 was globally unsatisfactory use of special effects. And Jar-Jar.

>>64424736
Terrible bait. III was far and above the best of the prequels. There's no contest.

IV
V ~ III
VI ~ I ~ II
VII
>>
>>64424169
>>64424905
Literally the only two respectable opinions in this thread.
>>
GOOD 4CHAN POSTS: I have something to say on a subject, let's find an appropriate thread for my comment

BAD 4CHAN POSTS: HURR I HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING, GUESS I BETTER MAKE A NEW THREAD TO TELL EVERYONE

Regardless of OP's retarded opinions we can all agree on this, right? No one is stupid enough to think otherwise, I hope.
>>
>>64424905
III is too badly made to sit with VI and VII. It's probably better than the other prequels, but still an utterly incompetent piece of filmmaking.
>>
>>64424169
All right, time to stop memeing.

V > IV > VII = VI > III > I > II
>>
>>64424969

I hope you rewatched the movies before forming that opinion...
>>
>>64424969
Sure, which is why in my personal order I have it below VI and VIII and above the other two prequels.
I'm just saying I don't look down on people who have it in third place after IV and V, while I certainly fucking do look down on those who have any of the prequels or VII above IV and V.
>>
>>64424969
Episode III is the best movie of the franchise though
>>
>>64424918
>Terrible bait. III was far and above the best of the prequels. There's no contest.
Making it grimdark didn't make it any better than II, it's an utterly boring waste of time two dimensional blank film where nothing happens of any consequence, there is not one thing good or enjoyable or well written or well acted part. It's like the worst cut scene to a video game you can imagine, just utter shit. II had things you might at least not have seen coming, you knew the end to III in advance, it was a head horse being flogged. The inconsistencies in the plot and the desperate rehashing of anakin becoming evil again just show that it's simple a filler film, just empty noise filling the gap.
>>
>>64425014
shut up
>>
IV >> V >> not sure of the order >> I
>>
>>64424169
IV, V, VI are good.

The rest are garbage and not worth watching.
>>
>>64425043
name me one memorable scene from III that wasn't just fucking nothing or a meme.
>>
>>64424999
Yup. First time I watched III I came out with a fairly positive opinion. Then I rewatched it, and noticed that it was awful in a lot of important ways.
>>
>>64424736
>>64424771
>>64424969
>>64424993

>VII isn't complete shit
End yourselves, plebeians.
>>
III > V > VII > I > IV > VI > II

This is literally the only correct order. Anything placing III below IV or VI above I is sign of a pleb trying to fit in.
>>
>>64424771

>7
>good

Did you add it to your Transformers shelf already?
>>
>>64425085
Gonna be honest I think VI is shit and prequels are all 0/10 so if VII is 0/10 too then it fits.
>>
>>64424169
>III
>good
>>
>>64425063
lol dude you're sooo cool for liking II over III
>>
>>64425101
>III is the new dark knight rises
>lol sheev
>please like my meme

BIG GUY AND CIA > SHEEV
>>
>>64424620
I'd be more willing to agree with this list, although I though VII was way, way better than I, II, III, and better than VI.
>>
>>64425085
Can you give a non-meme answer as to why its shit?

I don't mean a couple of flaws, which every movie has.

Why is it "complete shit"?
>>
>Good
IV, V
>Meh
VI, VII, III
>Bad
I, II
>>
>>64425101
At this point we're literally just using a random number generator, right?
>>
>>64425014
>>64425063

>Opera scene
>UNLIMITED POWER
>Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin
>Jedi assassination montage
>Yoda vs Palpatine

A movie scene is never a meme; it is made into one. Important distinction.

>Episode 3 had superior special effects than the other 2,
>Jar Jar has no lines in the movie,
>Its pacing was better: gradually leading to the two simultaneous lightsaber showdowns,
>It was actually an emotional experience, unlike I and II.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 320x263
>>64425101
Honestly this.
>le im an old fag
>look guy i like the original
>mommy i hate the prequels just like your generation
>>
>>64425063

Padme dies. My favorite scene in the Star Wars franchise desu senpai.
>>
>>64424887
nice one cheers mate
>>
IV > I > VI > VII > III > II > V
>>
>>64425168
>Opera scene
meme, wasn't well acted or enjoyable
>UNLIMITED POWER
meme, just bad
>Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin
literally nothing, we knew he was evil, making us see it was just time wasting
>Jedi assassination montage
literally nothing, edgy grimdark desperate attempt to make you feel something, we knew they all die anyway
>Yoda vs Palpatine
literally nothing, flashing lights, totally pointless, and the weird comedy doesn't fit

>Episode 3 had superior special effects than the other 2,
That's no argument, 3 had better sfx than IV and V
>Jar Jar has no lines in the movie,
Not having something in your film doesn't mean it's better it just means that you have nothing in your film
Grevious was as shit by way of being boring and having almost no character
>Its pacing was better: gradually leading to the two simultaneous lightsaber showdowns,
what pacing? it starts with the most ridiculous space fight going from fighting to comedy over and over and then jumps around for the whole film
>>
>>64425351
Meme response, try again
>>
>>64425351
>TL;DR: I'm just going to say literally nothing to everything what the Chosen One AKA the person who's the most central and main character of the entire series has done in episode 3 just because it's a "muh prequel"

GTFO, either you're a pleb, ledditor or some fat fuck in their +mid-30's that has this childhood obsession with the OT.

Episode 3 was the best one, 5 and 6 come close
>>
>>64425415
you've posted sheev memes so much you've tricked yourself into thinking there's anything redeeming about III.
>>
>>64424169
>Nostalgia tier
4, 5, 6
>Meme tier
1, 2, 3
>Completely forgettable tier
>>
>>64425442
I'd have an easier time believing you weren't bating if you had something on your hook.
>>
>>64424169
V > VII > VI > IV > III > II > I
>>
>>64425351
Pacing in 3 was just fine, the fact you couldn't handle multiple lightsaber fights is your fault, in Episode 2 it was the exact opposite with people bitching about not enough 1v1 duels and now you're still going to complain either way
>>
File: 1451765223819.jpg (604 KB, 737x766) Image search: [Google]
1451765223819.jpg
604 KB, 737x766
>>64425351

>my opinion : the argument
>>
>>64425168
>Anakin disarms windu
>He seems to be regretting it
>10 minutes later he slaughters childrens
Now this is what I call great pacing
>>
>>64425464
>"herpderp, troll detected ur not gonna b8 me m8"

Keep deflecting and trying to excuse your shitty opinion as much as you want, doesn't make it any more validated
>>
>>64425351
>>64425415
>meme response
I gotta agree: countering every example with "literally nothing" is pretty weak.

Here's your so called "literally nothing"

>"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you want to become a complete and wise leader you must embrace a larger view of the force." -Sheev Palpatine.
>>
>>64425351
>man ur so retro dood xD
Have fun watching your muddy shit fests faggot. Episode III is the best Star Wars film. Hell, you're reasoning against it is awfully fucking weak.
>meme
>meme
>2 edgy
>we knew what was gonna happen hurr
>>
>>64425474
You slightly overlooked the scene where Sidious officially makes Vader his apprentice, and visibly has him in a hypnotic trance.
>>
>>64425469
>couldn't handle multiple lightsaber fights
They weren't too much for me; they weren't enough. There was no sense of anything about them, they're just flashing lights, it's an exercises in CGI and choreography. How could you like watching that? It's as entertaining as nothing happening, the only part that matters at all is the ending, and we know what happens at the end of the duels anyway.
In VI (which I don't even like) every part of the duel between luke and vader means something, they don't just flail for thirty minutes.

I didn't bitch about not enough 1v1 duels, that's no argument against what I've said.

>>64425521
that is literally nothing though, it's just some dialogue that doesn't really mean anything for anakin to respond to on his way to becoming vader, they might as well have had him say "something something something I'm a shifty sith lord"
it's empty words, it's not inspiring or clever it's just the bare minimum of plot passing through time waiting for anakin to officially turn (which he already did in II)

>>64425562
>inventing things
>>
objective tier
4 > 5 > 3 = 6 > 1 > 2
the original still holds it over ESB despite the father memes
>>
V > VI > III > VIII >> IV >>>> II > I

prove me wrong
>>
>>64425562
>visibly has him in a hypnotic trance
???
>>
>>64425562
>visibly
I think you're seeing what you want to see anon
It's important to ask yourself whether something is wishful thinking or not.
>>
Objectively correct order:

IV > V = III > I = VI > II > VII
>>
>>64425648
>le memes
>le reddit pls no

fuck off pls. episode 4 isnt that good. People just overrate it because it's the first one. Things barely happen, it had a bad cinematography and it's pacing is even faster than episode VII. Put your fedora off, get off /v/ and get a fucking own opinion.
>>
>>64425542
>Episode III is the best Star Wars film
It would have been, IF:

-General Grievous were developed into something more than a cartoon villain before being killed off

-Anakin's fall to the dark side had been given more respect and not condensed to fit into a 2 hour time slot (it was the entire point of the prequels, FFS)

-Redo or get rid of the fight between Yoda and Sheev. Also redo the fight between Sheev and the Jedi Council.

-Actually, Sheev just came off really, really cartoonish at times. A little bit is okay, as that's how he was portrayed in the OT, but Episode 3 takes it too far. Rework him a bit to make him more intimidating and manipulative.

There was a lot of potential for a good movie in Episode 3, but as it stands, if you honestly believe it's the best one you're a colossal faggot.
>>
>>64425743
>it had a bad cinematography
are you totally insane
>>
File: 1451676332426.gif (1 MB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
1451676332426.gif
1 MB, 500x252
>>64425623

Jesus Christ, I thought I wouldn't respond to these retarded posts you keep making, but this was too much.

>that is literally nothing though, it's just some dialogue that doesn't really mean anything for anakin to respond to on his way to becoming vader

The entire point, you gigantic piece of shit who doesn't even understand movies, is that Anakin had been raised to forgo certain Force powers entirely, because they weren't seen as "light side." I mean I don't know how familiar he was with the dark side powers, but considering he's fought certain Sith in the cartoon, I'm sure he must've known about lightning and other crap. However, he was never interested in it, because he trusted Obi-Wan.

Now, for the first time, he has a problem he can't resolve with any of his Jedi training, and he can't go the Council for help either, because he's done something they've already decided is wrong, namely loving and procreating as a Jedi.

In the opera house conversation Palpatine NOT ONLY tells him there's a power which can save Padme, but the thing the other anon quoted is basically a pass and redemption for Anakin, who is blaming himself for what's going to happen to Padme, because he was taught not to be in a relationship, and it's like being punished for his sins.

In one fell stroke Palpatine presents him with an alternative: that the Jedi were wrong and ignorant from the beginning, that all the bad things happening to him are because of their strict ways they've enforced, and that being a Sith might be better and more reasonable - after all, it allows him to be with Padme.

GO. FUCK. YOURSELF.
>>
>>64424169
V>IV>VII>VI>I=III>II
>>
>>64425807
What this lovely anon said.
I fucking love the tits out of TFA and personally enjoy it more than IV but you have to be totally insane to say the cinematography of IV is shit and that its pacing was even faster than TFA
>>
>>64425809
The fact that you think anybody doesn't understand this incredibly simple plot point is telling that you actually think it's smarter than it is.
They stuck that piece of crap notion about saving padme's life in there because they were too cowardly to continue showing anakin as the massive jerk he is and was in II. They retconned his assholeyness as shown by his sudden interest in saving those clone pilots at the beginning of the film.
They had to make it fit, they had to have him "seduced" by the dark side, it wasn't special or clever it was just another thing checked off in an uninteresting unimaginative way.
His relationship with his mother in the brief time it was on screen in II was terrible but it was better than his relationship with padme.

Come the fuck at me.
>>
>>64425809
literally nothing
>>
>>64424169
III three is shit

VII is average
>>
>>64425989
Don't ever respond to me again unless it's literally nothing.
>>
Kylo Ren being tempted by the light side of the force was far more interesting and better done than Anakin's fall to the dark side.
>>
>>64424169
6 belongs in the bad pile, but otherwise correct
>>
>>64424169

100% agreed tbhfam
>>
3 is bad 1 is good.
>>
>>64425008
Episode III had the best moments but was still the weakest overall in the trilogy.
>>
>>64426018
Because they made him a whiny bitch in all the right ways.
Anakin in prequels: little kid, whiny bitch, whiny angry bitch
Prediction for Kylo: Powerful but a bitch, badass with flaws, full blown badass
>>
>>64425975
your opinion is fucking garbage dude
>>
>>64426116
>somebody agrees
do I have to change my opinion now

>>64426136
No hard feelings though?
>>
V > IV > VI >I > II = VII > III
>>
Films One to Six over Seven
>>
>>64426131

I for one hope both Finn and Kylo are dead, and Rey will be turned to the dark side, and become the new Anakin Skywalker.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.