[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first time using a lightsaber >deflects 3 blaster bolts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: 4534534.jpg (128 KB, 1264x578) Image search: [Google]
4534534.jpg
128 KB, 1264x578
>first time using a lightsaber
>deflects 3 blaster bolts blindfolded
mary sue general
>>
>>64424117
he didn't do it the force flowing through him did it.
>>
File: 1451648504141.jpg (370 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1451648504141.jpg
370 KB, 1000x981
>>64424117
>>
>>64424117
>first time
no it was second time
>>
Rey is a female power fantasy. Her abilities transcend the need for explanation. Girl Power > The Force
>>
File: 1451713438655.jpg (3 MB, 1647x2700) Image search: [Google]
1451713438655.jpg
3 MB, 1647x2700
>>
>>64424117
han literally said there's nothing special about this because he doesn't do it against human opponents

and he doesn't do that until episode 6

get shrekt
>>
>>64424153
She really was a teenage girl's fanfiction come to life.
>>
>>64424237
redditors dont actually watch the things they "criticize"
>>
>>64424242
>teenage
if only they were that young, it might be forgiveable.
>>
File: 1451100891917.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
1451100891917.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>
File: sui_warrior.gif (86 KB, 300x320) Image search: [Google]
sui_warrior.gif
86 KB, 300x320
>>64424117
its not the first time hes holding it though, that training was with han watching in disbelief of the force, inside the millenium falcon

by this time luke has had very little training, but well enough to understand the idea of trusting the force to flow through him, and to deflect 3 lasers from a stupid training toy thing.

also the triple deflect he does is one of the coolest sequences in the movie. the movement is so nicely done.

so stop lying and remember than luke barely uses his lightsaber, its just an extension of his force powers, which at this point were weak but he was always described as being strong with the force, like anakin.

also dont forget in empire, luke has probably been training for a while now on his own, when they are at hoth.
this is the beginning of the second movie and he barely is capable of moving his lightsaber with the force.

unlike rey who did it stronger than kylo like it was no biggie
>>
>>64424237
han also said the force was a hokey religion
>>
>>64424389
>being this much of a mary sue apologist
>>
>>64424392
and han is also clearly more experienced when it comes to fighting than luke is, what's your point

he doesn't even deflect any bolts for the rest of the movie after that one scene
>>
>>64424446
>being this much of a tumblr SJW cuck faggot
>>
>>64424508
>I like my mary sues like I like my lovers, strong white and male
>>
>>64424524
Damn right you cuckold
>>
>>64424117
Calm the fuck down Max
>>
>>64424485
that he was likely saying that in an attempt to discredit the force, not because he had any tangible experience with light sabers
>>
File: giphy.gif (471 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
471 KB, 500x214
>>64424389
>also the triple deflect he does is one of the coolest sequences in the movie. the movement is so nicely done.
he gets it
>>
>>64424600
no, he was saying that because blocking a few bolts from a training droid in a controlled environment is nothing like blocking bolts from an actual human combatant in a real situation, and that luke being able to do that is not indicative of competence that is applicable to an actual situation

and he's right because luke never uses it in an actual situation for the rest of the movie, unlike say, rey suddenly knowing how to pilot the millennium falcon with such skill that she is able to outmaneuver 3 TIE fighters in a crashed star destroyer, effectively saving everyone
>>
>>64424626
fucking mary sue bullshit.
>>
>>64424717
>no, he was saying that because blocking a few bolts from a training droid in a controlled environment is nothing like blocking bolts from an actual human combatant in a real situation, and that luke being able to do that is not indicative of competence that is applicable to an actual situation

or they just couldnt pull that special effect off later in the movie due to budgetary restraints.
>>
>>64424117
>>64424167
You're assuming he hadn't been practicing before the scene began,
all the while with the blast shield up and getting his ass handed to him.
>>
File: 00 - Cover Front.png (588 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
00 - Cover Front.png
588 KB, 536x536
>>64424760
then how did they do it in that exact training sequence?

how come luke never touches his lightsaber for the rest of a new hope?

how come luke is shown specifically being a naive boy and has to undergo a long training to become more patient?

its almost like there was some thought put behind it

a more apt question would be
>why did rey outskill kylo in a lightsaber duel
>why did rey outskill kylo in force pulling the lightsaber
>why did finn hold his own for a while against kylo in a duel, instead of being force pushed into a treee immediately or cut in half?

>why did rey know that she could use her force powers to manipulate a storm trooper? especially since she has no training in the force and believed until recently it was all a myth? not to mention she managed to do it without moving her hands at the victim, making her more powerful than any jedi that ever existed apparently
>>
>>64424886
>moving her hands at the victim
even fucking obi wan had to do this shit to a storm trooper, when he was a fucking wise old jedi knight.

holy shit i just realized that is the most illogical thing about the movie
>>
Didn't he actually get hit several times or I'm remembering wrong that scene?
>>
>>64424886

>why did rey know that she could use her force powers to manipulate a storm trooper? especially since she has no training in the force and believed until recently it was all a myth? not to mention she managed to do it without moving her hands at the victim, making her more powerful than any jedi that ever existed apparently

This pissed me off to no end

Every time a jedi in the movies used the trick they had to move their hand to indicate they were performing the trick on a specific character. But nope, JewJew decides to say "fuck every single SW movie, I'm gonna make Rey be able to literally pull that trick out of her ass and not even do it right". Fucking hack
>>
>>64425009

he gets hit a bit without the helmet, obi wan tells him to block his vision, and he gets those three deflections
then han solo says it was lucky and nothing like fighting a live, moving target.

very different from how op is retelling it
>>
She's the real chosen one, Anakin was a hoax
>>
>>64424206

kek

This needs to get said more.
>>
>>64425059
No, he gets hit with and without the helmet, rewatch the scene.
>>
>>64425099
yes he gets hit once with it, then he focuses and gets the three deflections
thank you for the extended explanation of the exact same scene
>>
>>64425081
w8 i thought luke was the chosen one? How many chosen ones can there be?
>>
>>64425136
>Luke
>The chose one
He never was, it was Vader the one who ultimately defeated the Sith.
>>
>>64424886
>why did finn hold his own for a while against kylo in a duel

It's rather clear that Kylo is fucking around for the entirety of their fight. Once Finn lands his hit, Kylo immediately disarms him.
>>
>>64425162
i guess i can accept that, but thats not really the point that im mad about
>>
>>64424206
Obviously this is a good thing.
Pointing out that it makes the character and the film suffer makes you an unrepentant sexist
>>
>>64425009
>>64425111
He got hit twice, once in the thigh with the helmet off. Han laughs derisively at him.

He put the helmet on under Ben's instructions and gets shot in the shoulder like a punk bitch. Han smirks and goes back to his controls.
>>
>tfw almost any random scene from the old star wars movies is more interesting than anything from TFA
>>
>>64425179
Unfortunately I don't have an explanation for you about Rey's shit. The first part of her fight with Kylo is alright because he tears into her and she can only retreat and defend. I don't think she really attacks once while Kylo is doing that. But I can't explain how she suddenly goes on the offensive after she "uses the force".

They should have done it where Kylo makes a couple rookie mistakes with Rey (reasonable with his wounds and mental state), but ultimately wrecks her, followed by the planet splitting so that he can't finish her. This would motivate both of their training for the next movie, as Kylo would be ashamed and Rey would be afraid.
>>
File: exploding_head_3.jpg (14 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
exploding_head_3.jpg
14 KB, 400x320
>>64424886
>not to mention she managed to do it without moving her hands at the victim, making her more powerful than any jedi that ever existed apparently
>>
>>64425454
>can't explain how she suddenly goes on the offensive
Well, after the force meditation thing, she slips out of the saber lock, she does a bunch of hard high strikes and then slashes low and it looks like catches his high, then he's never afforded the opportunity to recenter himself
>>
File: tentacle rape.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
tentacle rape.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>>64424117
>Luke
>Mary Sue

Kill yourself, my man.
>>
File: 005.gif (487 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
005.gif
487 KB, 400x293
>>64424323
>(You)
>>
Ray was the best jedi
>>
>>64424117
>Deflects 3 blasters
>with the help of a master guiding him
>At least had training with a Jedi master
>comparing with Rey AKA I dont need the force, just gurrrrrl powah

FALSE EQUIVALENCE

False
>>
>>64424117
lol did you enjoy your first ever viewing of a star wars movie kid

lmfao newfags
>>
>>64425596
Yes, I understand "how" she did it, as in her moves, but the point is how she knew to do it with NO training.
>>
>>64425960
I guess my point is she didn't do that many things. And then the never allowing him to recenter himself deal is pretty straight forward stuff if one has been in a physical confrontation before, which from her environment looks like she's had.
>>
>>64426454
except shes fighting someone who is quite adept at using the force

he fucking held a laser in mid air.

its not a battle like in real fucking life, it doesnt matter how good your positioning is when your opponent can jump way over you or push you by force miles away.
unless of course the character just coincidentally decided not to do it, even though hes in a huge planet on a moon that is close to exploding, so its not really the time to be taunting a weaker enemy

but thats just my two cents i guess, its not like im a big movie maker guy
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.