[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Apartment (1960)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Apartment_USHSb.jpg (48 KB, 550x432) Image search: [Google]
Apartment_USHSb.jpg
48 KB, 550x432
That was a nice movie.
>>
This thread isn't gonna go anywhere.
>>
meh.
>>
thanks for your indepth analysis
>>
>>64423754
It was a nice movie about a loner type. He also happens to be a wagecuck. It was funny.
>>
>>64423628
It was a lovely, if formulaic movie. However, I can't help but think someone challenged him to make it under the pretence of the single most stupid, non-issue a rom-com could possibly cover.
>>
>>64423886
that's not an analysis, you're just reducing the movie to two short sentences.
>>
>>64423945
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
A great sweet and sour romantic comedy that actually has something to say. A template of sorts that some of the inferior wish fulfillment Rom Coms of today are still utilizing, but poorly.
Shirley MacLaine is a total cutie in it, always fun to see Fred MacMurray, and I like Jack Lemmon in it about as much as I hated him in (and almost everything about) Some Like It Hot (seriously, why is it even considered a classic?).
4/5, Wouldn't say The Apartment is Wilder's best, but up there.
>>
>>64424351
I think Some Like it Hot is his best.
>>
>>64424351
Wilder has to be one of the most under-appreciated directors out there. His films are beloved, but I feel like not enough people know who he is.
>>
>>64424450
Do you also like Tyler Perry movies?
>>
>>64423628
So comfy. My favorite Rom-com of all time
>>
File: stalag17.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
stalag17.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
My favorite Billy Wilder movie is Stalag 17.

Bill Holden is outstanding, plus you never figure this guy to be the rat.
>>
I also enjoyed it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.