[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this guy "acting"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: LAm8cB1b.jpg (110 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
LAm8cB1b.jpg
110 KB, 1252x1252
this guy "acting"
>>
>>64421692
All those hair follicles lost.... like.... tears in rain
>>
>>64421692
Yep. He's abysmal and can't hide his laughter.

Still GOAT sitcom though.
>>
>>64421692
Seinfeld never claimed to be a good actor.
>>
it's supposed to be shit
>>
>>64421730
He actually makes light of that fact in season 4 when show Jerry is also struggling with the fact that he can't act when they make their pilot.
>>
He does just fine tbf.
>>
File: 1436896778826.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1436896778826.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>my face when he smiles during serious scene

why dont they just make another take jesus fucking christ
>>
File: The_cigar_store_indian.jpg (73 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
The_cigar_store_indian.jpg
73 KB, 350x263
>implying he didn't kill it in this scene
>>
He cant act, and thats his shtick. He was fucking amazing in his 'role'. Absolutely noone could have done the job better.
>>
>michael richards coughs
>jerry breaks down in tears of laughter
>>
>>64421754
It's filmed in front of a live studio audience
>>
>>64422603
so what?
>>
I thought he was fine in the role.
>>
>>64422603
So what?

>God forbid we should shoot this scene again lest the audience who is seeing us film for fucking free should get bored having to watch us do our job
>>
>>64422603
so?

>jerry smiling again
>CUT CUT CUT jesus christ jerry try a little bit more this time
>ok
>>
>>64422756
>>CUT CUT CUT jesus christ jerry try a little bit more this time

From 1991 he was an executive producer and later also a showrunner as well as star. He was the boss and no one was going to tell him what to do. Additionally, if you look at the behind the scenes the cast were just having fun really and it was well known that the show was going to continue to rake in viewers.
>>
>>64422756
can you give an example of this? him smiling never seems out of character. like when Kramer says something funny he'll smile because it's funny. if you notice all the actors do it and it makes it more authentic because if anyone was put in those zany situations they would smile occasionally
>>
>>64422962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofsljUAUdlc
>>
>NOOOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? :D
>>
>>64422962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPH5OhXC1A
>>
>>64423058
I know what you mean but his acting didn't bother me. I honestly don't know how he was able to keep his composure at all. That's making me laugh watching it on my phone, imagine if you're other there in the moment and kramer's big cartoon face is looking directly at you
>>
>>64423168
It's not detrimental, it's the greatest sitcom of all time, but it is noticeable, especially when the rest of the cast are all extremely talented comedic actors who never break character or smile when delivering lines.
>>
WHO ARRRE THESE ANNNONS

AND WHYYY DO THEY SHITPOST?!?!?
>>
>>64423210
but you see elaine laughing plenty of times as well
>>
>>64423344
Nup. And even if she does occasionally Jerry is holding back a smile every time he delivers a punch line.
>>
>>64423210
but isn't that kind of his thing? He's playing himself, the comedian who sees the absurdity and humor in these situations. The other characters don't have his perspective. The show was originally about how a comedian gets his material. He's finding the humor in these situations that present themselves to him.

Youre right he's obviously not a good actor. And yeah he's not supposed to be smiling and it's technically a mistake, but just because I notice it that doesn't mean it takes me out of the scene. I don't like those sitcoms where all the characters are siting around saying witty one liners and none of them are smiling. I like how if Jerry is talking to George and says something clever Elaine actually laughs
>>
is he aware that michael richards and jason alexander were a lot funnier than him?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fge0sIjrNps

>tfw Kramer is autistic
>>
>>64423536

Yes.
>>
>>64423226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_oc_zlt48
>>
>>64423472
I've said numerous times it isn't detrimental, but just because it doesn't have a major impact on the quality doesn't mean it couldn't be better. It's not the end of the world, but it's noticeable.
>>
>>64423592
GORRRRNNNNN
>>
I will say i don't know whether it was the
golden globes or emmys he and the other actors
had won some award and seinfeld got up to the
podium and announced "I am a bad actor"

he thinks he's an amazing comedian,
and i only found him funny on the show, but i thought that was pretty funny
>>
>>64423546
He's not an autist. He's just a fucking pro and simply cannot sanction such buffoonery.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.