[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a 9/10 drama film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: hatefulcuck.jpg (9 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
hatefulcuck.jpg
9 KB, 261x193
can we admit this?

its a 9/10 in its genre
>>
>>64421570
I had fun I guess, but it's pretty adolescent, linguistically inconsistent - though stylized - and doesn't accomplish much. He pretty much remade dusk to dawn; I'm okay with it. Made for a good evening, but don't make excuses for it by qualifying it's genre.
>>
>>64423297

>He pretty much remade dusk to dawn

The fuck are you smoking senpai
>>
>>64423329
Truth.
>>
>>64421570
Please go away, Quentin.
>>
>9/10 in its genre

What is it according to real standards, then? A 4? A 5?
>>
Yeah 9/10 sounds about right. A lot of style and class with the overture, chapters and intermission. A nice change from the usual CGI TITLE!!! CGI EXPLOSIONS!!! VISUAL EFFECTS!!!!
Good to see somebody is still writing and directing old school films with top notch dialogue, crisp cinematography and interesting characters. The tension in some of the scenes was unreal. Who else can have people eating and talking about fucking stew interesting?
>>
too much dingus
>>
did nothing, went nowhere. Go to the Cabin and Die, the Movie, in 70mm
>>
Tarantino can't make movies set in Yurop desu and I am sick of all this USA bullshit
>>
>>64421570

UNO/10
tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 200x201
>>64423297

> linguistically inconsistent
> he pretty much remade dusk to dawn
> adolescent
>>
>>64421570
This movie is shit and youre a fucking idiot
>>
any foot fetish scenes
>>
>>64421570

>drama
>>
File: SHITFUL 8.jpg (256 KB, 1054x675) Image search: [Google]
SHITFUL 8.jpg
256 KB, 1054x675
>>64421570

It's not a drama per se, it's a western.

And when you compare it to other westerns, the good ones and the great ones, it really fucking fails in that comparison.

I mean watch The Magnificent Seven, then watch Hateful Eight. I mean Jesus Christ, it's night and day. I mean get real.

Hateful Eight is 2/10 at best.
>>
>>64426017
>per se
>>
>black strong lady Minnie
>Jackie Brown
>bunch of crooks on a heist
>Reservoir Dogs
>Sam Jack being Sam Jack
>Pulp Fiction
>blood and gore
>Kill bill
>hiding under wooden planks
>Inglorious Basterds
>western setting, one of the characters being basically King Schultz the younger version
>Django

It's basically Quentin the Movie.
>>
The whole movie is basically 2 stock Tarantino scenes stretched out over the course of 3 hours.
The movie went fucking nowhere and I couldn't wait for it to end.
2/10
>>
WARM
>>
BLACK
>>
>>64424350
see
>>64423297

Did anyone else get annoyed that somehow the fucking general took samjack seriously? If I remember correctly jackson's character was just proven to have been a liar, and then he goes over, immediately, and starts telling this wtf joke story to the general. The general is then stupid enough to grab the gun, ect ect.

I swear to god, that story was cringe, and where it wasn't cringe it was fucking hilarious. I expected the old fuck to break out laughing, not get mad.

What makes it worse is later, when we realize there's a fucking ambush around the old man, and all he had to do was stay quiet and he'd get to see samjack likely die.

More fun having a grown man describe a racist homosex encounter, I guess, than making a movie with anything approaching entertaining dialog.

Don't even get me started on the actual premise.

>>64424350
Is this really a nice change from CGI TITLE?
H8 and CGI both suffer from the same core problem. No fucking reason to ever watch twice. There's nothing but in-your-face straightforward gimmickry, H8 just trades in flashy effects for flashy dialog, but the effect is the same regardless of the choice- flashy dialog might even be worse since in the end you're left looking back at what you just heard, and unlike CGI you're not even left with a, "Well I guess it was fun seeing that CGI space fight. Never could have seen that anywhere else." I can find shitty, flashy dialog where characters are inconstant and nonsensical by talking to my 'writer' friend who spews out fan fiction. He at least understands that he's being supported by characterizations built by other people. Tarantino seems to have slipped farther and farther away from any source material that gives his, pretty much always reliant on common knowledge, characters their characterization.

Inb4 next Tarantino movie is set during crucifixion and is even less rooted in anything but his made up and rootless fan fiction.
>>
File: 1443189457455.jpg (27 KB, 606x518) Image search: [Google]
1443189457455.jpg
27 KB, 606x518
>>64428433
>he does it for free

I didn't love this movie, but I thought it was solid. Not the magnum opus people were claiming it would be, but good nonetheless
>>
I'm Mexican and the spanish dialogue delivery is baaaaad, unrealistic, unnecessarily exaggerated and cringey as fuck, no one speaks like that. It ultimately distracts the audience. Guess the same can be said about the english dialogues.

Oh Farto, guess it's a tell of his personality as a director that the leaked script seemed to have been written by a teenager.
>>
DINGUS
>>
>>64423297
It's fucking Clue in a western setting!
There's even a Major and a candle stick to make it really fucking obvious!
>>
>>64428433
>fucking general took samjack seriously
It wasn't even that, it's that he called his son a coward who sucked niggercock.
Shit probably didn't happen, but the story itself was insulting to him.
>>
>that narration out of nowhere at the end
This movie demonstrates the directors love of himself
>>
>>64426384
No Christopher Waltz, though.
Just Tim Roth pretending to be him.
>>
>>64429395
except it was a ruse you tard
>Kristoph has a monopoly on eccentric european
>>
>>64424950
>what is Inglorious Basterds
>>
>>64429433
Come on, even the way he moved was reminiscent of a Christopher Waltz character.
>>
File: ffof.jpg (32 KB, 259x400) Image search: [Google]
ffof.jpg
32 KB, 259x400
>>64429384
the only thing he loves more than himself are feet
>>
>>64421570
>not giving it 8/8
>>
The movie redeems any flaws it has because of SHUT THE DOOR

THERE'S A DAMN BLIZZARD OUT THERE

YOU HAVE TO USE TWO BOARDS

NAIL IT SHUT
>>
>>64429186
>HORALE CABRON
>>
>>64426517
like every goddamn tarantino movie
>>
>>64423297
It's supposed to be linguistically unimpressive you retard it's a western drama
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.