[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people so crippled by a liberal-arts education
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 15
>there are people so crippled by a liberal-arts education (or a lack of education at all) that they actually believe that Steven Avery is innocent

Making a Murder (aka morons defending poor people because they are poor) General.
>>
Literally what
>>
>there are people who are so uneducated about the criminal justice system and constitutional rights in America that they believe that the whole point of Making a Murder is whether or not Avery is innocent

Making a Murderer (aka morons licking the boots of corrupt cops because muh /pol/ mentality) General.
>>
>>64421664
>being this buttblasted
>>
>>64421795
I'd ask you to prove me wrong anon, but I get the feeling that only one of us is in law school.
>>
>>64421827
criminal justice degree != law school
>>
>>64421827
>gets into expensive law school debt to get into a saturated, non-STEM career field
>calls other people stupid
>>
>>64421855
That's why law school = law school, anon. When you get into one of your states' biggest liberal arts school with a full ride, it's not that hard getting into (and paying) for law school.
>>
>>64421859
>calling anyone stupid
Hmm? All I pointed out was the anti-intellectualism on this board thanks to /pol/. OP didn't deny it, so I assume I hit my mark.

Read >>64421886, I have no debt from uni and my parents are paying for law school.

Also helps not being a NEET, too. Gotta put in a little bit.
>>
>>64421886
lol
>>
Should I pay for netflix or something. This show looks interesting
>>
>>64421927
>he thinks op is genuine

Doesn't surprise me considering how stupid lawyers generally tend to be. They are just liberal arts students who couldn't find a higher paying field, after all.
>>
>>64421827
you didn't offer anything besides a reddit fit and namecalling
>inb4 replying to b8
>>
>>64422353
You can torrent the entire show right now. Pretty much everybody on /tv/ torrents netflix shows.
>>
>>64422364

Lawyers make an incredible amount of money.
>>
>>64422382
>he thinks I'm saying lawyers don't make a lot of money
>he can't read that I said that the other guy is studying to be a lawyer because every other liberal arts career has shit pay

Typical /tv/-tier reading comprehension.

This show AND this thread proves that lawyers are generally inept, and you are probably worse than them since you can't read.
>>
>>64422429
>[Lawyers] are just liberal arts students who couldn't find a higher paying field, after all.
>>
>>64422488
>they couldn't find a higher paying field as a liberal arts student other than being a lawyer

you retard.
>>
>>64421044
b-but...

HE KILLED A CAT!
>>
>>64422512

No one understands you because you are too intelligent.
>>
>>64421827
So where's the proof he did it?
>>
>>64422546
They omitted that because cat lovers love Netflix.
>>
File: 9.jpg (27 KB, 482x321) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
27 KB, 482x321
>>64422663
It's mentioned in the first episode, retard.

>he can't afford netflix
>he hasn't seen Making A Murderer
>>
>>64422686
They sugarcoated it. He lit a cat on fire and watched it burn.
>>
>>64422739
>literally mentioned during the show more than once

Perhaps you should watch it before commenting on it, kid.
>>
>>64422512
>They couldn't find a higher paying field than this high-paying field.

I think he missed your point because of how retarded it was.
>>
>>64422952
They couldn't find a high paying field other than law.

Is that too hard, moron?
>>
>>64422973

You are literally too intelligent to speak clearly.
>>
>>64423000
And you're too stupid to understand basic sentences.
>>
Not as good as The Staircase
>>
This was a snoozefest
>>
>>64424604
Nobody cares
>>
>>64422686
>what are torrents
>>
File: wqr1v.jpg (43 KB, 468x356) Image search: [Google]
wqr1v.jpg
43 KB, 468x356
>>64421827
>>
You ever heard of something called the M-brane theory, detective?
>>
>>64426152
>>64426184
Get out of here you memefags
>>
>>64426152

He was bragging about his $350,000 house. Are houses this cheap in America?

That would just get you a 3 bed in a rough area over here (Ireland).
>>
>>64426789
>He was bragging about his $350,000 house. Are houses this cheap in America?

Only in places like Wisconsin circa 2005, but yes.
>>
Seems like OP's waifu got banged by a different liberal arts student every week in college while he was in the library studying, only that would explain this buttpain
>>
>>64427217
>I got triggered because I'm going to flip burgers after "college"

kek
>>
>>64426379
yeah?
>>
>>64427248
Hello newfag. Do you know how quotes work on 4chan or do you need to see the wiki?
>>
>>64426184
That's a pretty good MSpainting, tbqh.
>>
>>64427277
Please don't bully Brandonposters
>>
>>64427400
I dunno
>>
ITT: STEMfags get BTFO
>>
>>64427277
>Hello newfag. Do you know how quotes work on 4chan or do you need to see the wiki?

Yeah? I dunno.
>>
This show kinda had me going, until like the 5th episode and they started implying the FBI was covering shit up for them. Like the FBI is going to risk their asses for some small ass hick fuck pd that no one can pronounce in Wisconsin.

The FBI labs get 1000s of requests for dna analysis every day, or at least they used to, now most state pds handle it, and you think these people are going to give one fuck about the case? No, they run the shit and grab the next one.
>>
>>64427935
In addition, with that said, this is what happens when police do fuck up. Everything they do after its scrutinized. This whole case wouldn't have even made the news if he didn't get wrongfully accused before.
>>
>>64425716

I think that was the point, you ass.
>>
>>64424604
>>64424604
thread/
>>
>>64421044
>implying those are the only conditions required to believe he's innocent.

I doubt you can provide a convincing argument or provide proof that he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt?

None of the evidence against him can show he's guilty. I don't think we watched the same program.
>>
>>64426789
$350,000 was he makes in a year, he really was the real prize go watch it again
>>
>>64428551

There is more than enough evidence. It's easy to dismiss the blood, keys and bullet when you are sat at home watching a documentary that has been crafted to make the police look like the bad guys. Who knows how this came across to the jury when the complete unbiased evidence was presented in court. Clearly it was convincing enough for them.
>>
Avery most likely did it, but the cops definitely planted the key and did about everything in their power to pin it on him including convincing a retarded kid that he was involved with it. Brendan really got fucked
I would have been interested to hear how Steven was adapting to life outside jail after 18 years. That can't be an easy transition and they made it appear like other than a brief stay in an ice shack, everything was great and he was immediately a productive member of society. You don't unlearn 18 years of jail/predator mentality overnight. And Theresa encountering a person like this all alone was never discussed.
>>
FBI doesn't fabricate DNA evidence, at least, not for convicting some retard in a small town

He did it.

Most accused do it.

But retards wanna think life is a movie and that the defendant is innocent. The documentary people are laughing it up making dough while the average american RETARD is crying tears for Avery, secretly jerking it to the dark sexy undertones of rape and murder

I lose faith in people by the day. They're so fucking easy to manipulate. Give them a sob story about injustice and some sad music and they'll believe whatever you tell them.
>>
Local person here. Avery almost certainly did it. Dassey should be free but was screwed over by Stevens defense team behind the scenes. His best bet was to turn on his uncle and confess but Avery's lawyers wouldn't let him and manipulated him just as bad as his own lawyers.

The movie never talks about Avery requesting halbach despite her being ' terrified' of going back there. Avery had someone else call so that halbach would come back around.
>>
should i watch this or will it make me mad?
>>
File: kitten-1.jpg (220 KB, 1275x1028) Image search: [Google]
kitten-1.jpg
220 KB, 1275x1028
Hey Steven! How come we're gonna play so close to the fireplace?
>>
>>64427935
>they started implying the FBI was covering shit up for them. Like the FBI is going to risk their asses for some small ass hick fuck pd that no one can pronounce in Wisconsin.

Or maybe the FBI also does not have an accurate test.
>>
>>64428551
>None of the evidence against him can show he's guilty. I don't think we watched the same program.

The program omitted evidence. Look it up.
>>
>>64429135
>The movie never talks about Avery requesting halbach despite her being ' terrified' of going back there. Avery had someone else call so that halbach would come back around.

The problem with this being left out of the documentary is that I really can't verify whether or not this should be believed or not. Were there witnesses on the stand testifying these things?
>>
>>64421044
It's not that I think he's innocent, it's just the evidence was such a mess that I think a guilty verdict should have been unlikely. I think Steve had a part in her disappearance and murder, but I also think the Police were set on Steve going away, and planted some shit that was just too obvious.

That, and Steve was mostly put away based on the coerced confession of a retard.
>>
>>64429034
>FBI doesn't fabricate DNA evidence, at least, not for convicting some retard in a small town
all the fbi did was take a test that they stopped doing 10 years ago because its unreliable and then they fucked it up.
also, for the 500th time, them not finding whatever chemical does NOT prove the blood wasnt planted.

Im astounded how that wasnt made clear again and again by avery lawyers. Even people like youwho can write coherent sentences miss it, how are a bunch of retarded jurors supposed to understand?
>>
>>64429195
It was designed to make you mad
>>
>>64429195
it will make you mad and then even madder when you find out all the things the documentary makers decided it was okay to leave out
>>
>>64429135
you can see the retardation lmao.
>im local, he did it because... some women was uncomfortable with a cat burning dumb redneck, demonized by the community liking her
>>
>>64429385
Halbach's boss told police that she refused to go back to the Avery salvage yard if Avery was there because he ' creeped' her out. The call auto trader received was recorded and given to police.
>>
>>64429525
No I just brought up things that the documentary left out that show that bias existed when putting this together. It's not my fault you can't understand the logical steps necessary to draw the conclusion that the rest is probably slanted too.
>>
>>64429385
Not that anon, but the testimony was not allowed because there was no proof Halbach said it to anyone who mattered. Just to a fellow employee. Had she said it to her boss, it's likely she would not have been sent to Avery's. Suspect it was something more akin to, "Haha, this guy came out with just a towel on, dude was such a creep hahaha" and less, "I felt violated and unsafe at the client's house."

Also, to that anon, come the fuck on. Are you telling me that just because he called her from another phone, she suddenly forgot the infamous Avery family and the sub-community where this creep lived?

>>64429501
Like what? Nothing the filmmakers left out is any more convincing than what they left in. Are you telling me the DNA on the bullet (the bullet that caused no blood splatter) is an important piece of evidence? Or the *67 or calling on his sister's phone thing? It was his sister's car being sold, there's any amount of circumstance where he'd use his sister's phone to make the call (I oftentimes make appointments for my girlfriend on her phone). The *67 could easily be explained away too--have you ever made an appointment with a professional who just never happened to show up? Calls to them generally go ignored--unless you block your number, then they're not sure if you're the client they're blowing off or someone else.

If Steven Avery did it, the evidence included is damning enough. If not, then leaving out this evidence is inconsequential.
>>
>make documentary about how people who are accused of something will be seen as guilty in the media

>entire documentary is incredibly biased towards making an accused man seem innocent no matter what the evidence against him was
>>
File: West_Memphis_Three_Mugshot.jpg (45 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
West_Memphis_Three_Mugshot.jpg
45 KB, 600x344
So is Steven Avery a dindu nuffin or a didu sumfin whitewished by an irresponsible and biased documentary like the WM3?
>>
File: Teresa-Halbach1-200.jpg (11 KB, 200x238) Image search: [Google]
Teresa-Halbach1-200.jpg
11 KB, 200x238
Who killed this beautiful creature, /tv/?
>>
>>64429658
Yes, except that it's 100% clear the West Memphis 3 didn't do shit. It's not so clear whether or not Avery killed Halbach.

Interestingly enough, both cases have a mentally retarded person admitting to a crime they didn't commit.
>>
It's a good thing Avery is white.
>>
File: frdsgsdrg.jpg (139 KB, 1451x938) Image search: [Google]
frdsgsdrg.jpg
139 KB, 1451x938
was his nephew autistic?
>>
>>64429625
what you dont realize is that these "points" that were left out are literally "i dont like the local rednecks they did X" from a community that obviously hates them. thats the bias that the evil documentary makers left out.
If the points are real at all, theyre certainly not evidence and have absolutely no bearing on the documentary. But this serious investigator checked reddit and local news footage couple days after the documentary came out after all. He clearly knows better than the people who followed this for 10 years.
>>
File: bobby fucked up.png (605 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bobby fucked up.png
605 KB, 1024x576
>>64429658
Those kids didn't do shit.
Steve's story is somewhere in the middle between dindu and didu.
>>
File: 1395904400067.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1395904400067.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>64429789
oh god i remember this in the jinx

durst is such a silly old man
>>
>>64429745
>It's a good thing Avery is white.

If Avery were black, he'd get even more support and he'd probably be free right now.
>>
>>64429789
this scene was so triggering
>"OH GOD THE B IS EXACTLY THE SAME"
the B is the only letter which isnt exactly the same you dumb fucking cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 990x660
>>64429789
How come the cunts behind Making a Murderer never put in any other work besides recording and editing courtroom footage?

The guys behind The Jinx followed their own leads and hypothesized about what Durst actually did, researched and came up with clues, which ended up with this letter.
>>
>>64429979
Are these lesbians? The one on the right looks like she is a born carpet munching bulldyke.
>>
Steven Avery very well may have done it, but it's pretty clear he at least deserves a retrial.

Brendan is innocent.
>>
>>64430025
I know it's been a long time since you've been outside, anon, but the short haircut on straight (and lesbian) women has been popular for the last 30 years.
>>
>>64430074
nah shes definitely a dyke
>>
>>64429979
And the jinx guys ended up looking like total cunts because of it.
Also, its almost like whether he did it or not is not the point of the documentary which spends at least 7 out of 10 hours in court.
>>
The entire problem with this whole case was that the people involved were too stupid for their own good. Couple that with the fact that some of the stupid people were also corrupt and you have a shit storm of a judicial process. The accused, the prosecutors, some of the defense, the jurors, all of them.

I'm to the point where I couldn't give less of a fuck about Avery. Brendan is the one who got fucked royally.
>>
Scott Tadych did it. Bobby Dassey (Brendan's brother) was likely involved as well.
>>
>>64430074
No, that's definitely a dyke you fucking Obama voter.
>>
>>64429767
Lol. Did I trigger your ptsd? Your should get to a safe space asap.

These things were left out to didn't the documentary. The people who convicted Avery and repeatedly denied his appeals know more about this case than you. Deal with it, he's guilty.
>>
>>64430286
i dont even know how to respond to this "argument".
i guess im right because i fucked your mother lmao and also back to reddit with you cuck xD
>>
>>64421664
thread's over, everyone go home
>>
>>64430368

Lol. All of your internet anger and righteousness means nothing. Avery will rot in prison for the rest of his life and you'll forget about his plight within a few months. My side will win.
>>
>>64422353

You can get a free trial bro, then just cancel it.
>>
>>64430995
that's what they said to brendan
>>
>>64430286
>>64429634

You ignored me before so pls respond
>>
>>64429674
the dassey brothers and their step dad
>any other questions?
>>
>>64422353

>2016
>not using netflix

cmon son, it costs pennies and has more content than you could ever watch
>>
>>64431055
Not the same poster actually. Now it's just sad.
>>
>>64431155
You can still respond if you're so sure about the shit left out anon
>>
>>64429135
>Local person here

Milkwalky should burn with everyone included, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>64429979
you'd expect women that look like that to make a documentary about some poor black urban youth being framed

i'm impressed they stuck with a white cis male
>>
>>64431237
I also hate Milwaukee. It's a blight on our state.
>>
>>64431194
Wrong guy.
>>
>>64431432
You're not the wrong guy if your opinion is that the shit left out convicts Avery. Respond or don't post in the thread in the first place you mong
>>
>>64431380
Milwaukee is fine. The north side has its problems for sure, but the rest of the city is a nice place to live.
>>
>>64429135
Avery might be a creep, but that isn't damning evidence of him being guilty of murder.
>>
>>64431582
everyone knows being a "creep" is just being unattractive
>>
>>64431486
Still have the wrong guy
>>
>>64431582
But it is evidence is the documentary being slanted which is what I was arguing in the first place.
>>
>>64421664
>LITERALLY, UNIRONICALLY proving OPs point completely

kek
>>
>>64432374
Do you and Dassey have a few digits in common, anon? I never said anything about him not committing the crime. A failure on the Justice system's part is benefit of the doubt on the accused part. It doesn't matter if he didu somfin, it matters that he didn't get a fair trial.
>>
>>64429658
Is there a good doc about the WM3? Are they out of jail by now?
>>
>>64430129
the jinx guys ended up looking like total cunts because of it

How so?
>>
>>64421044
At least he's white this time.
>>
File: retchofwretch-robertdurst-350.jpg (39 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
retchofwretch-robertdurst-350.jpg
39 KB, 350x350
Steven
>he fucking did it but they had no hard evidence on him so these fuckers framed him. they should go to jail too.

>Brendan
not guilty. poor guy.

>Durst
literally the devil
>>
>>64432949
>he fucking did it but they had no hard evidence

This is by far the most retarded conclusion you could reach. What are you basing this on?
>>
>>64421044
Like the Serial podcast, it doesn't matter if he's innocent or not. What matters is the absolute travesty of injustice and corruption that put him and Brendan away.
>>
>>64428933
Where would they get the key from? Still, the biggest bullshit is that there was no blood nowhere in the trailer or nearby, fucking Brandon got his ass sued for nothing...for being dumb actually but that ain't a crime.
>>
>>64433007
whats the other possibility? that they cops murdered the chick and planted ALL the evidence on him? like, hey there is this woman who visited him a few times let's kill her, park her car on his junkyard, put blood in the garage and the car burn her body in his firepit throw in the bullet and the car key hope that he does not have an alibi etc.
>>
>>64433295
>cops find teresa's RAV4 a few miles down the road from the avery property
>she is dead in truck
>"OH WOW I BET THIS WAS STEVE HE TOTALLY DID THIS"
>Park car in Avery's lot
>Put avery's blood in truck
>Plant key in Avery's trailer
I don't think the cops thought they were framing an innocent guy; they thought they were MAKING SURE Steve would get convicted. The problem is that it fucked up the situation so bad that now, the only thing THAT IS clear, is that something is really fucky about all the evidence
>>
In capitalist America you can spend your whole life in a prison for no particular reason.
>>
>Brendan's 'confession' was recalling the murder Scott committed, substituting Steven in his place
>"Y'all better blame it on Steve ya fag or imma do this to yer momma"
>"Yeehaw this is the greatest day"
>>
This is overrated shit--a discounted The Jinx. A good 40% of it is a retarded kid talking to his mother on the phone, with shots of the town in the background.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Steven Avery is a murderer. Literally a white dindu.
>>
>>64429979
CAUSE HE'S INNOCENT MAN LOOK HE'S SO SWEET HE JUST WANTS TO GARDEN AND NOT HURT NO ONE! C'MON 2016 NOW FUCK THE POLICE :D :D :D :D

That's probably why.
>>
>>64421859
>>Thinking STEM careers are any better than flipping burgers.
Can't wait for you babies to grow up. Such an incredible self-entitled group of snobs. Wouldn't be surprised if you stood over the toilet to inhale the stench of your feces while jerking off. I'd be less annoyed if anyone involved in STEM weren't the most brain dead and closed minded group of hacks that demand the very ground they walk on to be christened.
>>
>>64433008
Are you shitting me? Adnan got exactly what he deserved. He's a lying psychopath.
>>
>>64421827
Sit down 1L babby. Practicing lawyer here.
>>
>>64433814
More terrorists come from STEM than any other degree :^)
>>
>>64433839
Yeah when I listened to serial I thought "not enough to convict but not clearly innocent either
>>
>>64429697
>100% clear they didn't do shit

apex kek
/tv/ gets more retarded by the day.
>>
>>64433871
Bar number and jurisdiction, please.
>>
I want to say Steven had something to do with it but Brenden didn't and due to his own lawyers and his inability to comprehend what's really going on he got fucked.

This makes me want to hire lawyers to keep track of my lawyers.
>>
>>64434008
Kek. Not likely
>>
>>64434054
Then, it cannot be believed.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 375x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 375x411
>>64434008
>giving out personal information about your professional career on 4chan

Why don't you show us your transcripts as well buddy
>>
>>64421827
Send me sexy text messages of your 350K house.
>>
>>64433876
Didn't know that but thanks. Probably have to explain this to you because you're most likely involved in a STEM related field, but that's know as a correlation. Go back to believing you're fighting for civil progress by revolutionizing the rotational velocity of the electric toothbrush. While you're at it, why not try and make a crane to take the stick out your ass.
>>
>>64421827
Law school is such a waste of money. Being a lawyer means absolutely nothing now. The return is horrendous.
>>
>>64434257
Contract Lawyers is the way to go if you like traveling and reading tons of shit. But better than a public defender straight outta law school.
>>
>>64430074
If you go to >wikipedia, the directors are lesbians with each other
>>
>>64434696
do you think they made important case realizations as they were scissoring?
>>
>>64434238
A Job with tooth brushes is still one more job than he would have with an arts degree
>>
>>64421044
The whole point is that you have to prove guilt, not innocence. In the court of public opinion and in their backwoods town he was guilty from the onset. Besides all that the local pd was up to some shifty kikery shit, you can't deny that. Should declare a mistrial on that alone. Boyfriend did it, faggot.
>>
did bobb dassey and scott tadych have any proof that they went hunting?

werent they hunting at the same time as the murder was supposed to be happening?
>>
>>64433295
False dichotomy much? What if someone else murdered her and burned her body on the outskirts of Avery property after she left. The police find car with key in it, assume Steve did it, so plant the key in his room. The murderer (or police) move burnt bones to bonfire pit to make it look like he did it.
There is no need to assume the police murdered some random woman; just that they happily used her murder to get rid of someone who was a threat to them.
Regardless, the manitwoc county police should never have been involved in the investigation due to conflict of interest, and surely "fruit of the poisoned tree" legally the evidence they brought to light should be discounted. That alone should grant him the retrial.
>>
>>64435027
>did bobb dassey and scott tadych have any proof that they went hunting?
Nobody cares, m8, it's just corrupt America.
>>
File: _NShaNW_o5o.jpg (56 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
_NShaNW_o5o.jpg
56 KB, 604x403
>they actually expect people to have sympathy for a man who burned a cat to death
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.