[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they turn him into such a douche?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
Why did they turn him into such a douche?
>>
>>64418341
He started out as the voice of reason, and Seth thought, "Yeah, I'm the voice of reason, that's me," and he started putting more of himself into Brian as a character.

And it turns out that Seth's actually a fucking douche, so Brian too became a douche.

Family Guy is shit.
>>
Cause the original writers quit when they figured out which direction Seth was going into.
>>
Family Guy is such a terrible show and it's really disappointing because you can tell that the writers are smart & funny as some of the episodes were pre-hiatus but they just put in zero effort because they know that's good enough.
>>
>>64418824
thats not how it happens, thats not how any of this happens
>>
>>64420034
>hurr durr stop liking what I dont like!!!

thats how you sound
>>
>>64420662
Family Guy is literal shit-tier now though. See 3 episodes and you'll know all the jokea they'll reuse and reuse.

>ha something not really funny happens but will just have it run for a whole minute
Every other episode like clockwork.
>>
>>64420814
your just become old and sad
>>
>>64420662
really? because you sound like a memefag. I never said other people can't or shouldn't like it. I just said that the writers half ass the work the put into it, which they do.
>>
At least Seth eventually became aware of what a gigantic douche brian had become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQL3YJzChY
>>
Retarded douche is literally the default character status of lolberals
>>
The longer the show went on the more of Seth Mcwhatevers personality shines through. The women become one dimensional doormats for the poor treatment of the men which are him. Nigga needs therapy.
>>
>>64420879
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>64420942
same
>>
>>64418824
it's this

except it started with self awareness and being along for the ride

then he started thinking people cared what he had to say

just like every comedian who ever had success and kept going
>>
>>64420942
there's that memefagging we talked about
>>
>>64420942
>stop disagreeing with me!!!
>>
He saw what they did with the Simpsons characters and decided to follow suit.
>>
>>64420917
/thread
>>
>>64420662
>hurr durr stop disliking what I dont dislike!!!

thats how you sound
>>
>>64421149
because its bait to call family guy shitty, its genuinly a great classic show and only trolls say hurrr durr it isnt edgy anymore
>>
>>64421161
if you ever and i mean EVER reply to me again I'll find you and fucking KILL you
>>
>>64421183
try and stop me you memefag
>>
>>64421183
stop trying to sound so fucking edgy you manchild
>>
>>64420901
Makes me wonder if Seth wrote this scene
If he did, must have gone through some shit
>>
File: you think thats bad.jpg (49 KB, 715x400) Image search: [Google]
you think thats bad.jpg
49 KB, 715x400
>>64420814
>>64420879

At least South Park took them down a peg. Supposedly writers from Simpsons and King of the Hill sent praise to the South Park guys for hitting the nail on the head.
>>
>>64421243
simpsons writers were just butthurt they weren't the edgiest show on tv any more.
>>
These past 3 seasons of family guy have been ass.
Anything before that is entertaining though, I know it's objectively bad but fuck you I like it
>>
>>64418341
He's Seth's self insert. He even drinks whatever Seth is drinking at the time. He switched from Martinis to Jack as one point and so did Brian.
>>
>>64418885
He moved them all to American Dad which is easy to tell because that show had a much more solid run.
>>
>>64421243
Kind of funny seeing how Simpsons became the same way 10 years later

Holy shit this episode is a decade old now
>>
So we all agree that South Park is the best animated show nowadays?
>>
>>64420919
He barely writes for the show anymore. If anything he was the one keeping it funny. He just ran out of 80's references and moved onto American Dad. I fucking hate defending this douche but he's the reason the first few seasons are watchable.
>>
>>64421889
>be worth millions
>drink Jack Daniels
what a shitty life
>>
>>64421962
Yeah, but what's its competition, Bojack? Rick and Morty? South Park works because they can air an episode a day after the finish it. It's topical. A lot of it doesn't hold up because it's content isn't relevant anymore.
>>
>>64421962
Yeah but man they're all fucking shit now, South Park still makes me chuckle (especially the latest season) but the magic of the first 10 years really feels lost.

I just wish there'd be some good new adult cartoons to take them over already, it reminds me of how the last generation of video game consoles lasted too fucking long and now the new ones are bland too.
>>
>>64422018
I love the Jack Daniels is shitty meme. Where do you buy your fedoras? Is it near the liquor store where you only buy the finest scotch?
>>
>>64421713
Simpsons wasnt the edgiest cartoon on tv since 1997.
Even south park eventually got out edged by Drawn Together.
>>
>>64418341

I really hated what they ended up dling with the character. He was great as the sarcastic drinker who just ripped on people around him. Season 1 Brian wouldn't give a shit what Quagmire, of all people thought of him, which shows the biggest change in the character.
>>
>>64421713
The Simpsons was never edgy
>>
>>64422115
Did drawn together to a bit where a kid accidentally gets his parents killed and then he unknowingly eats them.
>>
>>64422144
Yes it was. It was the first cartoon to openly bash Christian morality. Bart was also super edgy at the time.
>>
>>64422144
>implying you know jackshit about early simpsons.
>>
>>64421962
There really isn't a best 2bh,

Writing: Bojack Horseman
Topical Satire: South Park
Characters: Archer
Best watch: Bobs Burgers
>>
>>64422043
You have a point. We all wish "there'd be some good new adult cartoons".
>>64422050
I don't think they're shitty now, they're still criticizing humoristically in their way "popular" problems/thinking of people. I laughed my ass off because I live very close and everyday the to the "PR" phenomenon, don't know how to compare to the oldies. Maybe the really top-tier "jokes" were used already.
>>
>>64421962
Moonbeam city is awesome, son.
>>
File: 1427137892683.jpg (2 MB, 1470x2637) Image search: [Google]
1427137892683.jpg
2 MB, 1470x2637
>>64422181

In literally every 'edgy' episode where Bart/Homer did something questionable, by the end of the episode christian morals had been reaffirmed

>illegal cable
>thanksgiving episode
>Abe donating Bee's inheritance to old people charity
>Bart studying to pass the fourth grade exam

etc.

>>64422184
>early Simpsons
>underage redditors genuinely believe people have seen neo-Simpsons more than the good seasons

wow, oh wow
>>
>>64421231
He had to record it, so probably yeah
>>
>>64422144
There was some very edgy political stuff in there like the Republican's evil lair shit, they had a openly Buddhist character who is vegetarian which is mildly edgy at least, Flanders probably one of the most honest Christian characters ever who has a lot of flaws but had one of the best stories in the show with the Maude thing, Nuclear power being seen poorly when it was a thing, Mr. Bergstrom and the weird pedo romance thing. I am getting tired but you get the point.

>>64422240
Oh fuck I forgot about Rick & Morty. Well I don't really watch it so don't hate me, I assume it would be somewhere on the list if I did. Or anything else I missed.
>>
>>64422342
I think you are right, but actually Matt Groening was way kinder to Christians back then I think he's gotten significantly more bitter and angry toward them whereas in the 90s he was like "lots of things about out American religious culture need to be lampooned but its underlying nature is good".

What you don't seem to understand is we were almost Allah Akbar level in the 80's into the 90's where you wouldn't even dare mock Christianity until Simpsons or people would freak out and demand your cancellation, also that had a lot to do with it, so people had to nudge at Christians and wink at them but nobody could have the power to explicitly attack them.

Whereas in a recent episode they went full Family Guy and even Marge denounced the faith.

I am 35 years old so I remember the 80s a little and can speak on this a wee bit.
>>
>>64422477
>Marge denounced the faith

is she even marge anymore?
>>
>>64422240
Great taste except for Bojack which I can't comment on because I haven't seen it.

It's more feels than comedy though, right/
>>
>>64422792
the comedy and feels work in perfect synthesis
i think i laugh a lot more because of it
>>
>>64422091
There's much better whiskey in the same price category. Jack Daniel's is sweet purple faggot shit.
>>
>>64423009
this, most American whiskey is shit too tbf
>>
>>64422998
I'll have to watch it.
>>
>>64422181
I think you're overhyping it. Simpsons was never edgy it just pissed off dumb parents who were like "I put this on for my kids and the children are rude to their parents. WTF"

I'll never forget my prudish 3rd Grade Teacher who thought The Simpsons was the worst thing ever for how Bart and Lisa treated Homer.
>>
>>64423186
You can't afford good American whiskey because of your insane alcohol taxes.
>>
>>64423274
>that kid whos parents didnt let him watch simpsons
>>
>>64423325

"Mum doesn't let me watch the simpsons because they think Bart is a bad influence".

good times
>>
>>64422144
Nigga, are you high? Even Bush senior publicy condemned the Simpsons.
>>
>>64423642
He didn't watch the show, neither did Baahrb. And I'm not a porch monkey either
>>
people are really this stupid.

Seth moved the character from voice of reason to douchebag liberal because douchebag liberals are now all too common and it's funny and original to point out the douche-baggery.

Seth is liberal himself, but definitely did this intentionally.
>>
File: 3525235124334.jpg (11 KB, 277x329) Image search: [Google]
3525235124334.jpg
11 KB, 277x329
>>64418341
>tfw American Dad is starting to go downhill
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFp8KTEw-k
>>
>>64420034
Family guy was never intelligent or smart , but it was occasionally funny.
>>
File: american dad.png (435 KB, 601x324) Image search: [Google]
american dad.png
435 KB, 601x324
>>64424415
This episode was especially awful
>le ironic selling out to le quirky and random chinese businessman :D
>>
>>64423223
Don't be dissuaded by the lackluster first couple of episodes, the show has a bit of trouble finding its' footing but really delivers once it does.
>>
Seasons 1-5 of Family Guy were good. Really good. I could rewatch it all day
>>
>>
>>64428241
>mysoginist
>>
>>64418824
this is actually true to be honest
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.