[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
total recall (1990)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ARNOLDTHETERMINATOR.jpg (286 KB, 1159x882) Image search: [Google]
ARNOLDTHETERMINATOR.jpg
286 KB, 1159x882
just watched this for the first time

it was alright
>>
>>64416518

ok thanks
>>
>>64416518
Paul Verhoeven is a pretty cool guy. More action directors should take notes from his work. Modern action movies take themselves too seriously and it makes them less fun to watch for the sake of some stupid adolescent ideas about hardcore grittiness or something. It's the reason I can't really rewatch Dredd.
>>
>>64416670
Lol
>>
>>64416773
So much this. However I think the trend is going to swing the other way soon. The Kingsmen showed promise as a fun action movie (though I didn't really like it personally )
>>
>>64416838
AAA movies try to be fun, but the difference between Avengers and Starship Troopers is really something. It's got to be the right kind of fun, but it's a hard thing to pin down.

The best example I can think of is the difference between Dredd and Hardware. Both are 2000AD adaptions, but one of them is fun. Hardware is cheap, violent as hell and funny. But the thing about the humour is that I think it feels very British. It was made in England but the director's South African.

What I'm getting at is that British/Euro humour > Freedom humour. An action movie's humour should be pessimistic and at times dark. A 2000AD adaption should feel more like a violent episode of Red Dwarf than 300. British humour is a very refined and respectable thing. They tell it like it is but don't seem salty about it.
>>
>>64417008
>A 2000AD adaption should feel more like a violent episode of Red Dwarf

Well put.
>>
>>64416518
>it was alright

This is how you can tell somebody was born after the year 2000.
>>
>>64416518
Nice blog faggot.
>>
>>64416773
>>64417008
Wait.. you people don't like Dredd 2012?
>>
>>64416518
Did you watch it with Arnold's commentary track, because that really makes the movie.
>>
2011 version was better. you get beckinsale and biel.
>>
>>64418619
Both of them can't touch Sharon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.