[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inherent vice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
What does /tv/ think? Thought it was hilarious
>>
PTA's best movie and one of the funniest I've ever seen.
>>
>>64414164
Big PTA fan, big Pynchon fan, could not stand a second of this piece of trash.
>>
She's gone, man. Baby. She went all groovy on us.
>>
>>64414164
Loved that scene.

The naked Katherine Waterston spanking scene was jarring as fuck, but it's even weirder seeing her in that new Harry Potter spinoff.
>>
File: sometimesacigar.webm (3 MB, 886x480) Image search: [Google]
sometimesacigar.webm
3 MB, 886x480
Terrific atmosphere, even if the story and characters aren't that interesting.
>>
>>64414164
I need to see this again. Huge PTA fan, The Master being my favorite, but after seeing this twice in theaters and once on DVD I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
>>
i feel like i didnt know wtf was going on half the time because phoenix mumbled all of his lines but that's what made it fun. i was as clueless as his character,

>>64414384
hilarious
>>
I wonder if when Josh Brolin made The Goonies with Spielberg he sat in his trailer from time to time thinking "I bet in thirty years I'm sucking a big black cock on film in front of the little brother of that junkie queer who keeps stealing all my roles."
>>
File: vlcsnap-00003.jpg (17 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00003.jpg
17 KB, 720x320
>>64414164
>What does /tv/ think?

Very cool movie which follows the original book story very closely, (I'm looking at you, GoT...) though quite a bit was cut for the flick.
>>
How should i get into PTA?
>>
it's an ok movie but i love the cast so it's kinda bittersweet

compare it to any of PTA's other works and it's clearly his worst
>>
>>64414848
by watching his interviews desu, watch how he dropped out of film school and how he got the idea for boggie nights, he's interesting and will make you look at his movies in a different way
>>
>>64414848
I guess by watching his movies.

They're all fairly different. Maybe Magnolia and Boogie Nights are similar as well as The Master and Inherent Vice. But each of his films seems to be ripping off a specific director.
>>
>>64414683
That was the point though, it's how the book's written as well: you're meant to sort of shuffle around in a haze, being bumped from location to location, clue to clue.
>>
>>64414226
ditto

felt like it didnt have any of PTAs style, he was too much a prisoner of the book, couldnt flesh out his own feel

best stick to OC
>>
enjoyed it
>>
File: Peace.jpg (401 KB, 2126x1200) Image search: [Google]
Peace.jpg
401 KB, 2126x1200
>>64414199
>>
>>64414586
It's the only movie I've seen that seems better every rewatch. And I loved it the first time too.
>>
>>64415453
that shot is not even in the movie
>>
I tried watching it a few times but I just could not follow what was going on. I have concentration issues.
>>
>absolutetwaddle.jpg

Everything fell flat
>>
>>64414848
PTA said that for better or worse Magnolia is his best film. The first movie of his I watched was There Will Be Blood and I have no regrets. It's still one of my all time favorites. Those two plus The Master are PTA at what I believe to be his best and least restrained, and they're all completely different
>>
>>64414688
underrated post
>>
>>64414848

Start with The Master. If you don't like it, stick to Transformer and Star Wars flicks and go back to reddit to never come back
>>
Soundtrack was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmN9oHa3ZIQ
>>
File: 1451794702744.png (346 KB, 797x390) Image search: [Google]
1451794702744.png
346 KB, 797x390
>>64414164

It was crap.
>>
>>64414848
I was going to make a list then I looked up his films and realized it'd probably be easier and close to best by just watching them in chronological order.
>>
>>64416597
that sounds reasonable, I got into his stuff because of his interviews and then watched the shorts, saw hard eight, it's his worse but it's still alright. tells a lot about his way of making movies imo
>>
>>64414384
That fucking gag. lol
>>
>>64414164
>>64414384

we get it, PTA, bigfoot was a closet homosexual
>>
Does anyone like Punch-Drunk Love? I thought it was great, but maybe its because I'm a fuck up sperglord too
>>
I thought it was okay the first time I saw it.

But the more I rewatch it, the better it gets.
>>
>>64414848
Start chronologically like you should all directors.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.