[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have just binge listened to 18 hours straight of Joe Rogan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: joe-rogan.jpg (465 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
joe-rogan.jpg
465 KB, 1920x1080
I have just binge listened to 18 hours straight of Joe Rogan. What is /tv/'s problem with him? He seems pretty smart.
>>
>thinking 9/11 was an inside job
>smart
>>
He's a conspiracy theory nut, but he does have insightful things to say sometimes.

He's got a good personality and is charismatic, and knows when to stop talking and let his guests talk. I only listen to him when he has someone on who I'm a fan of, but Joe aint bad imo.
>>
>joe_rogan_outrageous_opinion_on_orcas.flv
>>
DUDE
>>
>>64414497
tell that to kanji club
>>
I'm surprised he's a comedian, I've listened to tons of episodes and never once has he said anything funny.
>>
Most annoying voice in the game
Thinks hes hot shit
>>
He is too Chad like for tv to like
>>
>>64414548
I watched one of his stand up specials on netflix. It was horrible. He was just yelling and shit. I expected much different after listening to his podcasts
>>
File: 1447054094004.jpg (14 KB, 259x283) Image search: [Google]
1447054094004.jpg
14 KB, 259x283
>>64415972
>hasn't seen the JRE threads
>>
>>64413295
he spent to much time with cereal bars and water bottles in the woods
>>
He's not smart. Just introspective. He knows very little if anything of what he talks about but feigns knowledge due to passion of his statements.
>>
We can all agree that Bigfoot definitely exists and resides in the pacific northwest, right?
>>
>jesus was a mushroom
>>
>>64417622
You know a lot -- a LOT -- about that, don't you, anon?
>>
>>64417707
Not the above poster but he's pretty average intelligence wise desu senpai. He's just a no-it-all who thinks he's enlightened because of muh drugs and muh isolation tank. This guy is a half baked martial artist, nothing more.
If you want to learn from smart people buy a book or watch lectures by academics.
>>
>>64413295
>seems
>>
He's entertaining and hosts a podcast well
>>
he reads wikipedia before he does a show and pretends to be a sage

hes a faggot
>>
i watcheded the one where he talked to steve o

PRETY GOOD I MUST SAY LMAO
>>
>>64417622
>He's not smart. Just introspective.

ya hit the nail on the head
>>
>>64413603
Nothing insightful he says is an original thought, though. He just watches documentaries and reads wiki summaries so he can regurgitated key talking points so he sounds informed. This is him having an original thought. It goes just about as well as you'd imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqo_UemQI4

His intellectual boils down to speaking confidently about things he knows nothing or very little about. Like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJugfaOtXwQ

The guy is a lot of things, but smart isn't one of them.
>>
>>64417704
>Santa Claus's look was based on amanita muscaria mushrooms and people made that up because they ate those mushrooms

>claims Moses seeing the burning bush was because of a DMT trip, yet talks down and mocks people who say they're Christians
>>
>>64419283
>revealed as an ayahuasca phony
no where in the clip did he say he tried it though
>>
File: coincidence.jpg (22 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
coincidence.jpg
22 KB, 296x314
>>64413500
>thinking it's not
Good goy
>>
>>64419505
stop degrading /tv/ with your gay /pol/ memes
>>
>>64419283
What is the different though desu? between faking being smart and being smart.
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C) THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST TO POP YOUR: - ALPHA BRAIN - SHROOMTECH - KRILL & MCT OIL - PRIMATE CARE PILLS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk [Embed] ←– HIT PLAY >YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE >YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE >AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA DUDE BOOOOM LMAO DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE >"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS" >"BRENDAN SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN" - Joe Rogan, 2015 >YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING - Brought to you by SquareSpace© cue the hempforce mustard
>>
>>64419283
ROGAN WATCH AUTIST LEAVE
>>
What the fuck are you doing while binge listening to that idiot for a day straight?

Do you have him on in the background while you masturbate to whatever it is that puts you over the edge?
>>
>>64419283

This made that video
>>
>>64419381
He said people who think an old book of stories is a bad thing tot treat as the word of the creator of the universe, but treats the stories within as potential half-truths about human history.

The knowledge that a plant in the region the stories were written contained heavy amounts of something that made you believe you saw god, and someone smoking a plant wrote a compelling story about seeing god, is an idea at least worth exploring
>>
>>64419748
>9/11 wasn't allowed and funded to rocket the US into the Middle East
Oh wow anon...
>>
He lifts shit to say from philosophical works Wikipedia's
>>
File: 1442507861662.gif (2 MB, 390x220) Image search: [Google]
1442507861662.gif
2 MB, 390x220
MAKE ME SOME TEA JAMIE
>>
>>64419381
there is a lot of credibility to the first one

second is garbage
>>
>>64420188
>its a joe coughs every 5 minutes episode
>>
>>64419833
needs to be greentext or doesn't have the same effect
>>
>>64416029
he tries to copy Kinison this becomes more apparent when you listen to his constant praise of Kinison
>>
>>64420218
http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/growth-hormone-parenteral-route/side-effects/DRG-20069416
>>
JAMIE LOOK THAT UP
>>
>>64419748
>mossad wasn't involved in 9/11 :^)

getting real tired of this meme, senpai
>>
>>64420320
No thats not it jamie you dummy
>>
File: 1429866272684.jpg (106 KB, 359x419) Image search: [Google]
1429866272684.jpg
106 KB, 359x419
>its a joey diaz tells funny cocaine stories episode
>>
>>64419831
Even the most intelligent people aren't experts on everything and are the first to admit it. Guys like Rogan are opinionated pseudo-intellectuals, all talk and now substance.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 309x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 309x257
>its a eddie bravo rambles on about xonspiracy theories while stoned out of his mind episode
>>
Duncan Trussel here, float tanks and the infinite mind wave of the God fetus Hare Krishna
>>
>>64420133
You're tin foil is loose sir.
>>
>>64420503
He really is worse than Rogan.
>>
I'm a fan of JRE. The comedian episodes are usually good listening, he gets good guests and knows a lot of them personally. Fun for having on a second screen while blazing and surfing online. The UFC stuff has grown on me over time, even the fighter and the kid. Even Redban becomes likeable when you get past his annoying voice, stupid mannerisms and idiotic questions. The other episodes where Joe gets random people who present as experts in their field can be pretty interesting too and it helps that Joe is as smart as a 16 year old who has just discovered pot because they have to discuss in entry level layman terms. I'm not a huge fan of his stand up but i suspect he is more of a comedian that does crowd work and puts on a good time; rather than the well honed and perfectly timed insightful and hilarious act he talks about on the podcast. Without everything else he would probably only be a road comic who releases a new album every 3-5 years and never really makes a splash, but I can respect his perseverance and the guy undeniably works hard.
>>
>>64420537
Redban was great, cool stories, booze recommendations, his ability to not let rogan cuck him.
>>
>>64419861
What puts you over the edge, sailor?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.