[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the force something you're trained to learn or does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: oFZmP6e.jpg (412 KB, 2872x1080) Image search: [Google]
oFZmP6e.jpg
412 KB, 2872x1080
So is the force something you're trained to learn or does it come to you as you recognize it?
>>
>>64408890
Force potential is genetics.

Force usage is training.
>>
Also notice how Rey used the dark side aka anger to defeat Kylo. Thus making Yoda's advice saying the dark side is weaker null and void.
>>
In the OT it was both. But in TFA all it is is just "close your eyes and concentrate really hard and you can do anything and beat anyone (as long as you close your eyes tighter and concentrate harder than them of course).

I guess if you understand the force as it was done in TFA to the OT then the reason why Luke had so much trouble force pulling his lightsaber and Rey did it so effortlessly, even with Ren trying to pull it to him, his because Rey believed the hardest!
>>
Something you're trained to realize.
>>
>>64409013
>I must find reasons to hate things reee
>>
>>64409015
What?
>>
>>64409062
>Just turn your brain off, who cares how it worked in the OT, at least this one didn't have jarjar XD
>>
>>64409129
read the tao te ching
>>
>>64409237
Could you give me the bullet points?
>>
>>64409168
Nigga in the OT Luke just fucking puts on a blast helmet, instantly blocks some shots without seeing them, and then later blows up the death star with 0 guidance just by using the force.

He didn't have any training at all until Empire.
>>
>>64408957
Yes, notice when she says "The Force" and calms herself down and relaxes and focuses that she is using the dark side.
>>
>>64409262
"The Tao begot one.
One begot two.
Two begot three.
And three begot the ten thousand things.

The ten thousand things carry yin and embrace yang.
They achieve harmony by combining these forces...."

chapter42
>>
>>64409285
No, but he had help.
>>
>>64408924
This.
>>
It depends on your midochlorian count
>>
>>64409526
And Kylo helped Rey. He just didn't give a neat little speach about how the Force works.
>>
>>64408924
>genetics

That's prequel talk.

The force is inside everybody. You just have to believe and then you're trained to hone it in.
>>
>>64409635
And how does that make it more acceptable?

Still weak character development with seconds thought.

Also, wouldn't that make her more of a darkside user?
>>
>>64408957
"easier, quicker, more seductive"

Add that to her pre-mind-wipe training coming back. Amnesia is different for methods vs. experiences. Like Memento, he forgot events but he didn't forget how to read. Rey forgot events, but she never really forgot how to use the Force.
>>
>>64409670
>The force is inside everybody
True, but not everyone can use it.
>>64409736
Why would it? He just opened her eyes to her powers.
>>
>>64409887
>pre-mind-wipe training

I love this fanfiction.
>>
>>64409887
>It was all a dream/amnesia

Terrible plot contrivance. I hope that's not the answer.
>>
>>64408890
Fuck Anakin
Marry Luke
Kill Rey
>>
>>64410169
Fuck Rey
Marry Anakin
Kill Luke

>Implying I don't go for the bad boys
>>
>>64410229
>fucking inferior Luke
>marrying the worst character in the entire SW universe

Kill you are self
>>
>>64408890
>the girl has the biggest jaw and smaller eyes out of the three
gay
>>
>>64409918

That one guy during the trench run on the first death star did.

He closes his eyes and talks about sensing stuff
>>
>>64408890
Everyone can learn, some people have it easier than others.
>>
>>64409956
It's not, though. The script sent out for the Oscars confirms Rey was at Luke's Jedi temple and that he recognizes her at the end.
>>
>>64408890

Fuck Rey
Kill Anakin
Marry Luke
>>
>>64409670
everyone is bound by the force but not everyone can use the force. You can also be force sensitive and entirely unaware your whole life
>>
>>64408890
in kike universe none of this matters.
He did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>64411381
Could be explained by Kylo hiding her from Luke. Unless you go full 'fake memories' too there's no point to even bringing up secret training.

Why bring in secret training if all it gets her is 5-8 year old tier training from Luke's 'figuring it out' Jedi school? People only use that to explain her ability in TFA because they're prequel babbies that think Jedi training is standing in a crowded classroom swinging training lightsabers around with Yoda. Obi-Wan wasn't teaching Luke to use a lightsaber in ANH. In Empire Yoda wasn't teaching Luke how to lift rocks with his mind.
>>
>>64408890
Who is the hottest Skywalker?
>>
>>64411594
Luke both pre and post crash
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.