[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When this movie came out, was "clone war" no more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
When this movie came out, was "clone war" no more than a term to create the illusion that the world had a history? Or did Lucas know back then that the stormtroopers were the clones?

When I was young I imagined there were older more obscure SW movies that were about a villain making evil clones of the main characters.
>>
Like any writer/director you make up backstory for characters or the universe. Now in great detail like the prequels? No but just enough for a writer to get a better u understanding of everything.
>>
>>64406322
actually obi says 'cologne wars' and its the war between old spice and chanel.
>>
>>64406409
Normally yes.

In George's case, though, pretty sure it was just another sci-fi sounding word he dropped in there because he thought it sounded cool, like the 12 parsecs thing with Han Solo.
>>
>>64406474
I actually thought this until I was like 15 and realized he said clone.
>>
>>64406474
LMAO
>>
>>64406474
>tfw axe palpatine was behind it all
>>
>>64406474
holy fuck
>>
>>64406322
That line was changed in the special editions. In the original theatrical version is was "You fought in the Star Wars?".
>>
>>64406474
>>64406547
He might have well said that

I kind of get the impression from Alec's comments he didn't understand much about the script.
>>
It's world building. One of the key things about Star Wars is that everything looks extremely lived-in and the number of different locations seen and mentioned makes the universe feel big. Adding those sorts of lines, which are up to the viewer to interpret, adds to that feeling.
>>
>>64406647

>You fought in the Ass Wars?
>how was that?
>stinky
>>
>>64406322
He had the entire story written but he had to break it into 6 movies. Old interview, young one
>>
>>64406607
Is... is this a troll? Sauce?
>>
>you rode an iguana dog while being chased by a lizard in a robot suit and shot in his heart with a blaster and he exploded?
>yes and he was a good friend
>>
>>64406773
It's a troll.
>>
>>64406474
haha oh my god
>>
>>64406474
LOL! Upvoted, Golded!
>>
>you jumped out of a window onto a tiny droid and it carried you a thousand miles across a blade runner city?
>yes and your father followed me, he jumped 400 stories and landed on the hover car of the assassin, we followed the assassin in to the bar and I cut his hand off, I like cutting hands off, you might see me do it again if you stick with me. be my friend.
>>
File: IMG_20150615_154352~2.jpg (67 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150615_154352~2.jpg
67 KB, 719x719
>>64406899
>>
>>64406899

Dubs always delivers
>>
>>64406474
>>64406547
>>64406647
I don't remember Ben even saying "Clone Wars". Luke does of course and Ben reminisces as in the OP, Leia mentions him helping her father in the Clone Wars, but I don't think Alec actually said "Clone Wars" himself.
>>
>>64406753
I'm calling bullshit on that. More like he had a rough outline and story ideas.
>>
>>64407179
Lucas apparently has a huge hand written encyclopaedia of Star Wars mythology.
>>
>>64407137
You're correct. Those anons are remembering it wrong.
>>
>Luke, this is your father's lightsaber. He used it to kill like thirty children.
>>
>>64406773
It's a troll.

That said, there was a scene in an earlier draft of the script right after they get on the Falcon where a random stowaway walks across, y'know because he's stowing away, and says, "Boy, I sure am sick of all these Star Wars"

The studio made Lucas cut it.
>>
It was a throwaway line. Lucas had no clue what it meant at the time
>>
>>64407238
Which I'm sure he added to over the years. I'm just doubtful that he had everything all that fleshed out back in 1977.
>>
>>64407287
Kek. UCB was a GOAT sketch show.
>>
>You fought in the clone wars?
>yes, one time your mother almost drowned when her helmet cracked on an underwater mission, but your dad's friend Jar Jar Binks saved her by sealing it with his mucus
>>
People thought Obi-Wan was a clone

OB1 kinda sounds like a name of a clone
>>
>You fought in the Clone Wars?
>Yes, there was this one time when this guy I cut in half came back from the dead and suddenly would not shut the fuck up despite being silent when I met him before. And then he vanished. He was a good friend.
Reminder that THIS is the pigshit Disney chose to save as canon.
>>
>>64406474
all my star keks m8
>>
>You knew my father?
>Yes. In fact, I was the only male father figure in his entire life and raised him after the age of 10 after we won him as a slave while gambling on pod races during the height of a major galactic crisis we were supposed to be solving. I also knew your mother.
>What?!? I barely know anything about my dad, and nothing at all about my mom! Tell me everything!
>She was a democratically-elected, term-limited queen. She died shortly after having you because she felt she had nothing left to live for after finding out your father had murdered dozens of children in cold blood. Here's the lightsaber he used to do it. He was a good friend.
>>
>>64406322
>that the stormtroopers were the clones
FUCK
OFF
CASUALS
>>
Stormtroopers are no clones.
>>
>>64407801
Do you say that because it's prequel shit or because of some lore I'm not aware of?
>>
>Yes. I cut off all your father's arms and legs and left him burning to death next to a pool of lava. He was a good friend.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 704x504) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 704x504
>>64407781
>>
>>64407858
Stormtroopers aren't clones. It's probably the one thing in the entire Star Wars lore that Lucas has been adamant about from the moment somebody first brought it up, although he's still a fucking retard for making the costumes look so similar.

The in-universe explanation is that they all died or retired from accelerated aging and were slowly replaced by conscripts and volunteers.
>>
>>64407858
>because of some lore I'm not aware of?

Uh yeah, you never played Battlefront 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBIoi8kOdHg

Skip to 12:10
>>
>>64406753
Actually it was 9 movies. He cut it down to 6 before ROTJ, because he decided he just didn't have it in him to make more (but he might return to make the prequels some day, and he did)
>>
>You were in the clone wars?
>Yes, in fact I was the one that accepted delivery of all those cloned soldiers and didn't question the morality, ethics of using cloned soldiers or suspect that there was anything suspicious about being gifted millions of troops
>>
>>64408007
>volunteering to be cannon fodder for a purely evil regime
why is star wars so crazy
>>
>>64408067
Fun fact: They named the 501st after a real life group of people about a thousand strong who all have 100% realistic Storm Trooper armor. You can hire them for parades, they go visit dying kids, stuff like that. Can probably get a few to come to a party.
>>
>>64408179
dope
>>
>>64408007
Someone needs to post that scan of the magazine article from the 70's which says the stormtroopers are clones
>>
>>64408007
Yeah I figured they could have started hiring randoms as stormtroopers after the Empire took over. Maybe any clones still around could still have become stormtroopers. But I mean the clone army became the stormtrooper army.... right?

>>64408067
The Battlefront games have cutscenes? I played BF1 a bit but the only "story" was the mission briefings.
>>
>>64408270
>The Battlefront games have cutscenes? I played BF1 a bit but the only "story" was the mission briefings.

BF 2 had a massive story line involving the 501st/Vader's Fist
>>
>>64408148
Until Luke showed up it was probably a cush gig
>>
>>64408179
Seems kinda cruel and wasteful to hire cosplaying mercenaries to kill kids.
>>
>Yes, and this R2 unit was your father's partner for about twenty years but I don't remember any of it now. He was not a good friend.
>>
>>64408408
Honestly its pretty cool. I feel like Darth Vader whenever I hire them.
>>
>>64406474
heh
>>
>>64406607
Jesus Christ, really?
>>
>>64406474
For anyone who doesn't get it, 'cologne' and 'clone' sound similar.
>>
>It was your father's lightsaber. He murdered thirty children with it.
>>
>>64408096
Fuck me. If only Disney had taken Lucas' ideas for the sequel trilogy and just run with them and inserted their merchandise making ideas in as well. Then everyone could be happy. At least Jew Jew Abrams isn't going to fuck up any of the others.
>>
>>64409689
That's actually pretty clever, heh
>>
>>64408270

>The Battlefront games have cutscenes?

Just in-game footage and clips taken from the movies.
>>
>>64409906
>Obi Wan saw Anakin kill younglings
>that way he was convinced Anakin was too far gone and lost to the Dark Side
>Luke never saw it
>that's why he kept believing he could be turned back to the light side

Wow, it all makes sense now
>>
File: 1450317120373.gif (1 MB, 400x469) Image search: [Google]
1450317120373.gif
1 MB, 400x469
>>64409964
>At least Jew Jew Abrams isn't going to fuck up any of the others.

guess who is a co producer?
>>
>>64408148
because is fiction.
>>
>>64410906
I want to fist his face.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.