[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Season 2 (and to lesser degree Season 3) of The Office US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: the-office.jpg (296 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
the-office.jpg
296 KB, 600x600
Is Season 2 (and to lesser degree Season 3) of The Office US the best that sitcom genre or even the television in general has to offer?

It is not but they both still really fucking great
>>
File: jenna_fischer1.jpg (19 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
jenna_fischer1.jpg
19 KB, 300x266
bump for pam
>>
>>64397709
The Office was decent, but nothing amazing. It was fun to watch but other shows (like Scrubs) did the comedy at work thing 10x better. Parks and Rec was also by far a better version of The Office in every regard.
>>
>>64397709
The Office US was pleb shit.
>>
>>64398847
>watching sitcoms for the comedy
ree
>>
>>64398908
spot the bong
>>
>>64398908
The UK office is either criminally boring or full on cringe. I've watched it with bongs, who I kept looking at to see if they'd laugh, and they don't. They sit there and cringe through the whole thing and then at the very end, like they're coming up for air after a long dive, suddenly have smiles and are chatting with each other about how funny the whole thing was.
You fucks are weird.
>>
>>64399065
You have my intrest. Care to tell me why watch them then?
>>
File: 1356993192001.jpg (78 KB, 561x519) Image search: [Google]
1356993192001.jpg
78 KB, 561x519
>>64400293
for the cheap drama and projecting yourself, like you do with romcoms
>>
>>64397709
Is there another show as /comfy/ as this?
>>
>>64398908
You'd have to be autistic to find the UK office funny
>>
>>64402197
I was thinking the same thing. First and second seasons are probably the comfiest tv i have ever watched. Third one is pretty good too. But after the fourth it goes to shit.

But yeah S1 and S2 are really fucking comfy.

altough i have to say that S1 and S2 Jim hits a little too close home
>>
Blackadder III is the highest peak sitcoms have ever reached.
>>
>>64402245
Only autists can understand relationships between characters?
>>
>>64402197
well office is one of the few shows that is comfy even without the nostalgia

props to them for making me want in midsized pennsylvania paper company

Also thread soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNL0Ty_8_ck
>>
>>64402494
what a weird way to spell IV

>>64402354
this
If you never watched the show, stop right after third season, or at most fourth. You dont want to see something you love slowly and painfully.
>>
>>64397709
I started it recently and am currently in the 5th season and I can't remember the last time I laughed at something on screen. More than once at that.
>>
>>64402860
>not ending with the third season's finale
There's your problem.
>>
File: Party-Down.gif (499 KB, 320x163) Image search: [Google]
Party-Down.gif
499 KB, 320x163
>>64397709
I don't know, I just watched Party Down for the first time. What a great show.
>>
>>64402907
no, I meant I can't remember when was the last time anything made me laugh on screen. The Office was the first time in a long time.
It's hilarious. Although I 've read your (/tv/'s) dislike for the later seasons and am a little biased. Are they leaning too much into the romance, is that it?

Thing is I can identify most with Michael and I don't know if it's sad or just is.

>"I mean women are not like the movies. Look at the ones we have here: even the hot ones (points at Pam) are average at best"

I fucking laughed at that.
>>
Personally, I can tolerate the show until Michael leaves. I don't really know why they decided to continue after that. It just feels so wrong.
>>
>>64403080
I actually did like even the later seasons, but they just werent what the office started out as.
Anyway my guess would be the romance does play a part in why in playces like /tv/ dislike it, or rather like the early seasons more.

Jim's character, especially regarding his realtionship with pam in first two seasons made lot of people relate with him and season fourth and on took that from us
>>
>>64403039
>Adam Scott is major character
>Adam Scott is also a major character in parks and rec
>Parks and rec was made by he same guys as office
meh its the same thing
>>
File: 1364769075881.png (16 KB, 600x695) Image search: [Google]
1364769075881.png
16 KB, 600x695
>>64403303
this tbqh, i have just watched season 3 finale and i dont think i will handle seeing Jim actually making it
>>
>>64403039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqjR1gHyIQ\

Is this guy the avatar of /tv/
>pedo
>failed screenwriter
>obsessed with films
>no game with women
>>
>>64403503
/tv/ is not obsessed with films
actually televesion and cinema is probably the two things we are the least passionate about
>>
Jim and Dwight finally being bros after all was really satisfying.
>>
Did Steve Carell just fall off of the face of the earth after Crazy, Stupid, Love?
>>
>>64403970
Was seeking friend for the end of the world before or after that?
because i really like that movie
>>
>>64404050
>>64403970
oh and foxcatcher was pretty big wasnt it
>>
>>64397709
it was pure awesomness.

I wish I could watched it again for the first time.
>>
I used to really like The Office, but I watched the reruns so many goddamn times that it bored me.

Which is odd since I still watch Seinfeld reruns without that issue, but I suppose that's because Seinfeld is GOAT.
>>
us office is more funny
uk office is more brilliant
>>
>>64404220
Well i dont think that has anything to do with ctual aquality.

I mean scrubs is mildly amusing garbage and i still dont mind seeing reruns even for the 12th time.
>>
>>64404223
S2 Jim and Pam dynamic is too real tho
>>
>>64404186
same here senpai
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.