[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Han constantly borrowing Chewie's gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: bowcaster.jpg (43 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
bowcaster.jpg
43 KB, 720x405
Why was Han constantly borrowing Chewie's gun?
>>
to show you the audience how powerful that thing is and why Kylo Ren had difficulty in the lightsaber fight moments after being shot by it.
>>
JJ had no idea how to make the two friends act around one another, so he had them share a weapon in one of his patented action scenes to convey their friendship.
>>
After all that time Han and Chewie blasted their way through the galaxy and in this movie is the first time Han takes notice to the fire power of a bow caster? Why didn't he care in the previous movies? Why hasn't Anyone cared about bow casters but wookies? They are not meme weapons nor uncommon. They are just another weapon like any other in the SW universe.
>>
>>64396662
the only right answer
>>
>>64396506
Because we (the audience) never saw it get used before?
>>
it is metaphor for cuckoldry

in order to get the job done, he had to borrow the weapon of a bigger, stronger friend
>>
>have a friend around me 24/7
>we smuggle things for a vastly outnumbered force almost die a few times in the process
>fast forward 20+ years of being together all the time
>he finally realizes my gun is pretty cool and Ive been helping him this entire time

Why did they friendzone chewy?
>>
>constantly
>happened once

primarily used a setup to establish bowcaster power level when used against kylo at the end of the movie.
>>
File: C-3PO.jpg (36 KB, 361x450) Image search: [Google]
C-3PO.jpg
36 KB, 361x450
Anakin gave me life and personality. Later, he killed children, viciiusly assaulted his pregnant waifu, and betrayed Obiwan Kenobi.He was a good friend
>>
The gun looked stupid, it was just a crossbow that shoots lasers
>>
>>64397118
Twice
>As they escape the smuggler ship, Chewie gets hit and Han picks up the weapon
>As they escape Maz's place and Han asks to borrow it
>>
Because when JJ Abrams was 12 years old and playing with his Star Wars action figures he would give Han Solo the bowcaster that Chewie never used, because what could make Han Solo more badass than a Big Fucking Gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEvIuSm61Y
>>
>>64397145
Had his databanks erased 60 years ago.

I'm surprised the two of them are still functioning after nearly a century of operating.
>>
>>64396567
Why wasn't Kylo dead?

HE just took a direct hit to the fucking kidney with a super powered shotgun

He shouldn't even be getting up
>>
>>64397259
he had to be a jobber for rey so she looked cool and independent
>>
>>64396506
He might not get another chance
>>
>>64397296
With a giant fucking hole in his abdomen

Why weren't his clothes even torn? That really bothered me. Troopers getting shot left and right and their armor is perfectly fine.
>>
>>64397023
RotJ, faggot
>>
>>64397259
You see anon, there's this thing called The Force and it can literally be the answer to any Star Wars question.
>>
>>64397118
yeah, the bowcaster is able to blow people back like five feet from the hit. Kylo took a hit and stumbled a little bit.
>>
>>64397380
So his missing Kidney was solved with the force?
>>
Because they needed to shoehorn in more quips since this is a Marvel film with a Star Wars paint job
>>
>>64396937
That made me so mad.
It's like the writers were not aware of the concept of things happening during the several decades before the movie starts, Han was apparently frozen in carbonite between ROTJ and TFA.
>>
>>64397356
You're right. I wasn't sure, hence the questionmark.
>>
>>64397414
yep
>>
>>64397145
Programed obsolescence, like serious political systems, was never invented in the galaxy far, far away.
>>
>>64397451

It was fine. The way they did it, Han had no choice but to use the bowcaster the first time and liked it, which he didn't expect to. It's later that he asked for it. The impression that I got was he never had interest in using it before experiencing it.
>>
>>64397414
Adding parts into the movie that didn't happen just to prove a retarded point? k.
>>
>>64397259
He has a really high special defense stat.
>>
>>64397259
Bosses have more hitpoints.
>>
Why did the bowdcaster not have any kickback? Surely the reason only Chewie has it is because it's like a bazooka?
>>
I just figured that Chewie had recently got a new bowcaster with more punch because they had to deal with capturing the tentacle monsters, and this was Han's first time trying the new one.
>>
>>64397714
He was hit by a wookie bow caster while wearing cloth

His kidney is fucking gone
>>
To make you laugh.
>>
>>64397832
If he was shot in the kidney he would be dead, which is why he wasn't shot in the kidney and still alive.
>>
>>64397888
It hit the area where his kidney was

so we're in agreement that this whole thing is a dream that Poe is having while being interrogated then
>>
I haven't seen TFA yet, but why is Han Solo still going on adventures and stuff and smuggling shit? Isn't he married to Leia and all that?
>>
>>64396662

You got my vote.
>>
>>64397920
He was shot near his ribs, not the fucking left kidney. Do you know where the kidney is located?

The fact he's still alive means he wasn't shot in the kidney as in the writers literally wrote in that he wasn't shot in the kidney. Is this a hard concept for you to understand?
>>
>>64396506

"DUDE LET ME BORROW YOUR CROSSBOW FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER EVEN THOUGH WE BEEN NIGGAS FOR 40 YEARS HOLY SHIT THIS GUN IS HELLA COOL DAWG SHIT SO WEIRD THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM USING IT LOL"

fuck this gay movie
>>
File: 43.png (64 KB, 128x179) Image search: [Google]
43.png
64 KB, 128x179
>>64397259
It went strait through, as he doesn't have the armor that the storm troopers do. What is the point of nitpicking this movie when there are much bigger flaws to complain about (ie. it was just a remake of a new hope)?
>>
It would have been fine if they had just done it once to blow up whatever he blew up. That makes some sense from a tactical standpoint.

But the other time and Han acting like he had never fired the thing was so stupid. Your best buddy has a fucking weird ads laser crossbow and you never got drunk and shot street signs with it? Yea right.
>>
>>64397942
If you want to be spoiled:
Their son BenKylo Ren was being trained by Luke, but turned to the dark side and wiped out all of Luke's students. It broke the family apart, and Han went back to the only thing he know how to do - smuggling
>>
>>64398099
Did he kill younglings?
>>
File: Wew_Lad.png (268 KB, 593x587) Image search: [Google]
Wew_Lad.png
268 KB, 593x587
>>64397259
Thats a story for another time
>>
>>64398099
>instead of staying with his family he decided to hang out with kanjiklub
>>
>>64397259
it's a crossbow you mongoloid faggot
>>
>>64397829
The most rational answer.
>>
Because JJ doesn't know how to write an interesting character for shit. Solo should have been a General that had lost his sense of adventure and had to get it back. Not some 70 year old who was right back where he started 35 years ago. JJ managed to take what was a cool character and turn him into a walking corpse with the mind of a teenager.

The most ironic thing about TFA awakens is it makes the OT completely pointless, nobody learned anything in any of the OT films anymore, Han went from being a male chauvinist smuggler with no cares and no self respect to a general who respected women and who believed in himself....back into a dick. Leia went from a cold ice queen into a loving partner....back into a dick. And luke went from a whiny kid to a strong character that took responsibility for his actions ...into a dick who runs away and shirks responsibility at the first sign of danger,

This film in one fell swoop managed to destroy everything about the OT, which is something the Starwars fans said about the PT (except it didn't at all)

Fuck this film
>>
>>64398017
>WE BEEN NIGGAS

Why is this site full of 30 year olds that talk like 14 year olds?
>>
>>64398399
People may grow up over time and as results from jarring experiences, but their basic nature can resurface and bring out the worst in them.
>>
>>64398362
That fires fucking METAL CHUNKS as if it were a fucking laser
>>
>>64398491
>Why is this site full of 14 year olds that talk like 14 year olds?
ftfy famiglia
>>
>>64398399

TFA should have emulated the prequels with how the republic is in charge.
>>
>>64398570
Metal super-heated to extreme temperatures with secret Wookie tech.
>>
>>64398387
>>64397829
>Han carries the same blaster in his holster for 30+ years despite getting older and taking on more dangerous work
>Chewie gets a new, more powerful bowcaster, that looks identical to his old one, just 'cause
Stop trying to excuse this movie's failings, Disney shill
>>
>>64398650
Han is still doing the one thing he knew how to. He seems like a guy who will try something and then sticks with it if he finds it useful.
>>
>>64398239
So glad lupita nyong was in this role. Finally just like the advertisements said, a prominient role for a black actress.
>>
>>64398552
There is a difference between a soap opera and an Epic. Fine they could have turned back to being asses, and you know what ? THAT would have made a really great story, because at least they changed. TFA would have been far more interesting had it been a story about the rise of Kulo and the collapse of the Skywalker and Solo families. As it is it's just glossed over so we can get some PC characters for the tumbler generation.
>>
>>64398399
Honestly they shouldn't have used the old characters outside small cameos, their story arcs were already done so there's nothing to do with them other than transform them into caricatures of their older selves.
>>
>>64396937
>They are not meme weapons

They are now.
>>
>>64397396
Kylo should have force blocked that, but takes off gaurd yes kill dad emotion
>>
File: 1421537144854s.jpg (9 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
1421537144854s.jpg
9 KB, 250x228
>>64400017
>but takes off gaurd yes kill dad emotion
>>
>>64397335
That troo per that got blastered in the hall way had heaps of armour just smash off him.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.