[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are a bunch of kids in charge of The First Order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tfa-hux-kylo-590x900.jpg (22 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
tfa-hux-kylo-590x900.jpg
22 KB, 590x393
Why are a bunch of kids in charge of The First Order?
>>
>>64393781
Probably. They were incompetent as fuck.
>>
>>64393781
because the grown-ups know better because they actually saw what the empire was, but some edgy kids suddenly start gloryfying its stupid ideals
>>
I really wouldn't recommend seeing The Force Awakens. I'd probably consider it worse than the prequel trilogy at this point.

The movie us too safe. The plot is almost exactly the same as A New Hope, but without any of the charm that the characters in ANH had.

Rey is a Mary Sue of the highest degree, and never has to face any problem she can't solve in a few minutes. Finn really serves no purpose. Kylo Ren is not a threatening villain, apart from the opening crawl. Where Vader was a mob boss, Kylo Ren us a school shooter that blares Evanescence and Linkin Park 24/7. It's pretty bad when the best character was a storm trooper with a stun baton.

Where humor was attempted, it takes you out of the movie, rather than flowing with it as in previous installments. It's the same humor as any other cookie-cutter movie made today, and those cookies are getting stale.

There's all sorts of references to the original trilogy that make the movie feel like its supposed to be a parody, not a sequel. These references, of course have nothing to do with lore or world-building. Instead, they reference parts of Star Wars you'd know from browsing your News Feed, so you don't have to see previous movies to get them.

On top of it all, the movie can't stand alone, and that's one of the biggest failures a movie can have. The references ensure that you must have some (though not extensive) knowledge of Star Wars prior, and the plot leaves you with questions that won't be answered until the next episode is out.

Oh, and the soundtrack was lackluster. I'd be more forgiving if it had a track on par with Duel of the Fates or Binary Sunset, but it doesn't.

It's a bad movie, but it's not even an enjoyable sort of bad like those SyFy original movies. It's just disappointing.
>>
>>64393781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g
>>
>>64393781
It's actually a sequel to the Problem Child franchise. Hux is the problem child.
>>
They're both ages 28-30 I'm the movie.
>>
>>64393937

The First Order is what would happen if /pol/ got a spaceship.
>>
>>64393781
Wouldnt it make sense if theyre young, thirty years have passed and the old leaders have died thus leaving the new generation to lead the first order
>>
>Empire begins
>leaders are those who supported Sheev since beginning like Tarkin
>Sheev propaganda creates army of followers like stormtroopers
>Emperor dies
>New Republic unpropagandas the young folk
>but the old Empire leaders flee like Nazis from persecution
>start new propaganda campaign in outer rim, enlisting a new young folk army
>Snoke comes around and they rally around him
>propaganda and conditioning too effective, young jihadis too radicalized
>they kill off the old Empire entirely - Hux kills his own father to become general
>old pedo Snoke in charge of entire kid army - lets them be all batshit crazy
>>
Is Phasma the new Boba Fett?

Useless "bad guy" character that does nothing, but everyone likes them anyway because of cool armor
>>
>>64393781
Driver and Gleeson are both 32.
>>
File: jorge.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
jorge.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>64393781
they're both over 30 years old

i guess in modern Western society you're considered a child until 40 though
>>
>>64395292
we may have gone too far in a few places
>>
I gave it a 7.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.