[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Data screaming Khan What is this? It's so funny and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: spock-khan[1].png (214 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
spock-khan[1].png
214 KB, 600x300
>Data screaming Khan

What is this? It's so funny and yet kind of clever and I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry because it makes sense in-context and is an emotional scene and yet it's so ironic and fourth-wall breaking at the same time and
>>
Why doesn't Shatner cameo in the new movies?
>>
this is the exact point I suddenly realised JJ was fucking shit
>>
>>64390652
They were good movies.
>>
>>64390602
Spock is the only one who accidentally travelled time aside from the Romulans. I'm pretty sure Kirk had died in the original timeline by the time that event took place.
>>
>>64390841
They are not good Star Trek movies.

They are basically comedy parodies of Star Trek, ripping off original ideas from original thinkers.

Then along come The Force Awakens.... same shit.
>>
>>64390272
> HA HA I SAID DATA AND IT'S SPOCK SO I'M IMPLYING THEY'RE THE SAME THING

did your dad hit you too much or not enough
>>
>>64390928
>They are not good Star Trek movies.
I think you mean to say they're different. They're good movies stand-alone. And they're Star Trek movies.
>>
>>64391003
no I don't. They are pretty average cartoon-like films with a Star Trek badge.
comedy crap, fast moving, as fast as possible so you don't get any time to think.
>>
>>64390924
Kirk is stuck in an inter dimensional dream world thanks to generations. They can get him out, as long as they put him back to get a bridge dropped in on him in the other universe.
>>
>>64391663
I think you mean to say they appeal to people who are not autistic.
>>
>>64391907
go back to making sneakers you chink
>>
>>64391907
that is quite literally the stock 4chan answer made by someone without anything coherent or intelligent to say on the subject
lashing out with an insult like a simpleton
anyone reading this will immediately assume that you are either an idiot, a child or intellectually challenged in some way
you don't like an opinion, with some points made to back it up; therefore - you attempt to demonise the opinion by making a totally predictable and pathetic insult
Perhaps you could come back with 'faggot' or 'nigger' or some other brilliant observation?
Kirk out.
>>
>>64390928
they are still good movies cucklord
>>
>>64392258
Hello reddit
>>
>>64392258
simpletons, AMIR mi'lady?
>>
>>64392305
Train Wreck: Into Darkness is not a good movie. It's a mess.
>>
>>64393253
You're a mess, loser.
>>
>>64390841
>>64391663
>>64392305
interstellar was more of a trek movie than this p.o.s.
>>
File: 1433781516471.jpg (52 KB, 690x690) Image search: [Google]
1433781516471.jpg
52 KB, 690x690
>there are people in this thread that are seriously defending Star Trek Into Darkness
The action was pretty enjoyable but the writing was absolutely terrible. Plus it's annoying that Hollywood has turned a sci-fi franchise that aimed to be cerebral into wannabe Star Wars.
>>
>>64393483
Unsurprised that you liked Interstellar dumb pleb
>>
>>64390272
>I have a bad feeling about this
>12 Parsecs
>>
>>64393558
Not him but Interstellar really is more of a Star Trek movie than Into Darkness. With Interstellar Nolan was trying to make brainy sci-fi, with Into Darkness J. J. was trying to make generic action.
>>
>>64393483
this
Paramount should make Trek a somewhat ambitious scifi movie that makes people think and amkes them praise it for its science content and not a stupid GotG ripoff with people complaining that anyone that hates is an autist that wants a boring movie.
>>
File: Christian Bale laughing.jpg (50 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
Christian Bale laughing.jpg
50 KB, 340x480
>>64393558
>likes JJ-Trek
>calls other people plebs
Do you seriously think JJ-Trek is patrician?
>>
>>64390272

What do you mean when you say it makes sense in context? Because it doesn't.

In TWOK, Kirk screams Khan to trick him into thinking he had won, to buy more time for the Enterprise to make repairs.

In Into Derpness, Spock yells Khan because... he's angry? He's supposed to have a strong grasp on his emotions, so it's out of character for him.
>>
>>64393683
there was nothing brainy about interstellar, it was just a more serious space movie with very little action.
>>
>>64393974
It's pretty brainy in comparison to Into Darkness.
>>
>>64393974
throw in the enterprise and some teknobabble and boom. better-than-jj trek movie.
>>
>>64394040
it's not brainy at all, it's shallow as shallow can be.
>>
>>64393974
>with very little action.
The movie's problem is there is way too much action. It's a sci-fi movie about time, space, and isolation, but there is never any chance to breathe. They're going from one action scene to the next.

Interstellar could have used a lot more "boring." Even from the perspective of Coop and Ogre Shits, the trip still takes them months (thats ignoring hyper-sleep and time-debts) but the movie feels like it takes place in a weekend.
>>
When is Hollywood going to wake up and realize that there is a market for sci-fi that isn't mindless action? With each new Star Trek movie they try harder and harder to appeal to mass audiences and thus far that strategy has barely worked. Star Trek 09 made $385 million at the box office, Into Darkness made $467 million at the box office. That's significantly less than what Gravity and Interstellar made and that's absolutely pathetic compared to what capeshit and other tentpole movies make.
>>
>>64394144
Nah, as shallow as shallow can be is Into Darkness.
>>
>>64394290
I meant action as in fights and the like, it has a lot of suspense and intensity, I wish it wasn't like that either and more slow-paced like Sunshine.

>>64394340
It never really pretended to be otherwise though.
>>
>>64393557
It's literally nothing like Star Wars. And it's a little cerebral.

This is the problem with Trekkies and the new flicks; can't get over the fact that it's flashy and modern and well acted and has a thrilling pace now instead of being a franchise that relies 100% on nerdy plot while expecting its fans to look past every other aspect of film entertainment.

Old Trek was obviously good in its own way but just because the new films blew the dust off the old Corvette and took it for a proper joyride instead of casually puttering out to the ice cream stand once a week that doesn't mean they're bad.
>>
I always thought people who hated in the movies were dumb
But then I caught a next Gen movie the other day
The one where Picard gives the speech at the wedding
And that was fucking awesome
These were shit
>>
>>64396648
you can like both
>>
>>64395245
it's a show exploring the final frontier. the new flicks do not do that at all. jj is shit. get over it. basically GotG
>>
>>64390272
>>64390652
>tfw you realize the problem isn't JJ, it's that they hired the writer from Prometheus to ruin another potentially great movie with an incomprehensible plot where none of the characters make any sort of sense at all
>>
>>64396864
prometheus was more trek than jj trek
>>
>>64395245
pretty much.
Even if you don't like what they did they are still solid movies by their own right.
>>
File: 1436367712678.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1436367712678.png
246 KB, 550x535
>>64395245
>i have never seen an episode of star trek
>i've seen the force awakens 7 times
>>
>>64397568
who are you quoting?
>>
>>64396829
They're movies, not shows. Also they embark on their "five year mission" at the end of Into Darkness.

>>64393925
Did you pay attention at all? One of the major themes of the films were Spock's emotional characteristics largely implied to be a product of the fact that he's half-human.

>>64396864
>incomprehensible
So it's not that it's a dumb action flick? Honestly I found it easy enough to follow but there is a good amount going on rather quickly. I can understand if not everything clicks for you but the films are pretty explicit about everything, as is characteristic of Trek.
>>
>thread about JJ trek
>full strong opinions from people who saw wrath of Khan that one time and never watched anything else
>shit movie God it's so bad, not like all the other movies which are cinematic masterpieces

Every time.
>>
>>64390602
He wanted to be the main character and jj said no
>>
This was a waste of a movie.

They reboot the universe to keep these characters around but give them new stories (not a horrible idea). Then they spend their first sequel almost remaking the last first sequel.
>>
>>64399165
>create an alternate universe
>similar things happen differently in said universe
>this is a problem

Have you never watched scifi?
>>
>>64399262
Just because it's like something that's happened in something else doesn't immediatly make it good, and even if it is that doesn't make it worthwhile.

They took the first chance they had after establishing ths alternate universe to redo something that we've already seen. Except this time there were no consequences and the events of the movie had no impact. It was a story just to have a story before the five year mission. Just wasting time before actual Star Trek.
>>
>>64391003
the bait is strong in this one
>>
>>64391003
No, they are garbage movies and they are not standalone. If they were standalone movies, why did they have to use the characters from the original series? Why not create a totally new crew of never-before-seen characters and give them their own stories and adventures?

The reboot films expect the viewer to be familiar with the original series and the movies starring the original cast. The first Star Trek reboot was not a very good film with its extremely stupid plot but people gave it a pass since it was introducing this parallel universe and the new actors playing the old roles. Star Trek: Into Darkness was about the stupidest and laziest story a hack could come up with.
>>
>>64396864
>an incomprehensible plot

The plot is perfectly comprehensible. i comprehended that it was total shit.
>>
>>64393974
it had a good scene when they are docking on the ship, which is spinning because the "best scientist of Earth" fucked up opening an airlock

one good scene is more tha ST:ID already desu
>>
>>64390272
It's poetry
>>
>>64397613
>quoting

(:

:)
>>
File: louis-ck.jpg (67 KB, 558x750) Image search: [Google]
louis-ck.jpg
67 KB, 558x750
>>64398030
>
>>
>>64398030
>>64400184
Incomprehensible in the sense that none of the characters' actions or motivations make a lick of sense. Why does the biologist try to pet the vaginasnake? Why does the alienologist emo out after finding an alien? Why does Khan do basically everything he does in the entire movie?
>>
>>64400633
>Why does the biologist try to pet the vaginasnake?
I have no idea what you're talking about here

>Why does the alienologist emo out after finding an alien?
Are you talking about Uhura meeting the Klingons??

>Why does Khan do basically everything he does in the entire movie?
He wants to reclaim his crew and proceed with their original mission to kill everyone they considered inferior lifeforms. The admiral first woke him up and tried to use him for his own plans, which Khen went along with long enough to try to work out a way to get his crew back. He managed to smuggle his crewmembers into the warheads he created for the admiral and then through a series of actions managed to manipulate everyone until he nearly recovered them before getting effed by the enterprise crew.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.