[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cinema Club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: the-sixth-sense-1.jpg (166 KB, 1934x1088) Image search: [Google]
the-sixth-sense-1.jpg
166 KB, 1934x1088
I just started a movie club at my school. First movie we're watching is pic related. We're trying to center the club around critical analysis of good movies, but I need some good entry level shit to get the casuals into actual film analysis. I figured maybe later on we could watch more experimental shit or foreign films, but if I started it off too strong I'd probably lose everyone.

I'd kinda like some help with how to set it up. I figured we could watch a movie and then bring up some discussion questions and talk about the highs and lows or something. Any ideas or movie suggestions?
>>
kanjiklub?
>>
>>64389265
Paul blart 2
>>
also there's gonna be a couple qt girls there so what is a good movie that appeals to girls
>>
>>64389608
Don't even try to do this, faggot. Your "club" sounds like some teenage 'movie and chill with grils XD' instead of what you want it to be.
>>
>>64389265
Why didn't you start a KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64390344
no im very dead set on the critical analysis thing, but id also like the girls to get into it. like I said I need some good accessible entry points
>>
>>64389265
Nolan
>>
>>64390519
mm good idea
>>
The most pleb answer is to look at popular films and possibly what analysis YouTubers are discussing, but that's what I'd recommend.

Look at the tracking shots of Spielberg, the framing of Fincher, I don't know.
>>
>>64389265

elephant man -->
lost highway -->
mulholland drive -->
eraserhead -->
inland empire

descend into the darkness
>>
Koyaanisqatsi

Essential for any self-professed "film buff". No dialogue, incredible soundtrack and cinematography and open to interpretation.
>>
>>64389265
>critical analysis
>critical
Just enjoy the movies you autist. You can have deep discussions about films and their plots, themes, and emotional impact without turning into IGN and ruining the experience for yourself and everyone.

Sorry.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.