[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there any good vampire movies anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: vamps idea of oral.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
vamps idea of oral.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
Why aren't there any good vampire movies anymore?
>>
>>64387747
Twilight might be good made a lots of money but i never seen it
>>
The best vampire movie of the last decade came out this year but you didn't see it because it didn't have superheroes or Chris Pratt in it
>>
only lovers left alive
>>
>>64388126
Fuck off kiwi go back to your quarantine island
>>
hah i remember that movie, carpenters vampires right? pretty bad ass
>>
>>64388126
>this year

It's 2016, familia.
>>
>>64388173

He means the Iran one you idiot fucking pleb
>>
>>64387747
Because we're not living in the 70s-90s anymore and vampires, werewolves, and even fucking zombies have been turned into superheroes and therefore good-hearted people. In exchange traditional superheroes have been turn into corrupted, dark characters that started questioning themselves as being the right-doers
>>
L-Laura.... ?
>>
This webm made me hard
Never cared about her in Twin Peaks but she looked so hot in that movie

Also same reason why people like Carpenter cannot work anymore
Pussification of society
Vampires are inherently sexual and violent, but now they're stuck in either teenage romances, ironic comedies or existential arthouse dramas
Look at the old Hammer films, Dracula is basically a rapist
>>
>>64387747
Twilight fuck the industry over, by making them way gayer then what Interview with the vampire did.
>>
Byzantium was pretty good. Not great but good.
>>
>>64387747
>John Carpenter's Vampires
>good

I'll grant you that James Woods was decent in it, but every other facet of the movie was just fucking horrible.
>>
>>64387747
>Why aren't there any good movies anymore?

Fixed
>>
>>64388290
Both are good, faŠ¼
>>
>>64387747
Vampires control the society, hollywood; why would they want to be outed?
>>
I remember being hyped as fuck for Daybreakers. Goat Dafoe and hawke. Probably one of the worst films I've ever watched though.
>>
File: ;_;.png (7 KB, 498x450) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
7 KB, 498x450
>>64389073
>you will never have a loli vampire to cuddle every day for eternity.
>>
>>64387747
Twilight killed vampire, and monster movies in general, dead.
>>
>>64388375
Problem is not with sexual orientation tho, but with crappy love stories, you can have a well developed homo love story like the one between lestat and louis in Interview with the vampire series or you could have a crappy straight love story like the one in shitty twilight
>>
>>64388126
What we do in the shadows?
>>
>>64390184
sounds like something a faggot would say. are you a faggot, boy? well if you are then that's just peachy, but other than your obvious and all but blatant faggotry, you're too wrong because interview was faggy yaoi shit and twilight although not gay felt gay. it's rather hard to explain to a faggot when something is gay but isn't gay but that's what it was, incredibly faggy but not.....
>>
>>64388290
Which one?
>>
>>64391192
Cruise is that you?
>>
>>64391227
No, no Cruise here old bean.
>>
File: shinobu_3.jpg (95 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
shinobu_3.jpg
95 KB, 640x960
>>64389178
>>
File: 1356110811418.jpg (26 KB, 299x289) Image search: [Google]
1356110811418.jpg
26 KB, 299x289
There will never be a movie based on Blindsight that stays true to the book.
>>
File: meanwhile.jpg (47 KB, 786x588) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile.jpg
47 KB, 786x588
>>64387747

meanwhile
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.