[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I feel bad for thinking that this is a 6/10 at best? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 654x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 654x1024
Should I feel bad for thinking that this is a 6/10 at best?
It's really poorly-paced and aged badly.

Is ESB any better?
>>
esb is pretty timeless imo
>>
>>64382861
Parsecs better
>>
Darth Vader chokes some bitches so some people think its the best
>>
>>64382861

the pacing is practically the best thing about the film

if you think you should "feel bad" about being saddled with crippling ADD, then, yes, you should feel bad. the only bits that don't really hold their weight are all the corridor shootouts on the Death Star which are boring and repetitive
>>
Return > New Hope > empire

just giving it to you straight, reddit free unfiltered
>>
I ONLY liked A New Hope.

ESB felt like a 15 minute 'preshow', hard to explain, I felt cucked of movie.

ROTJ only interesting bits are of Luke rest of the movie is dog shit.

ANH is pure adventure bliss
>>
>>64382861
watched empire strike back for the first time last week, but had already seen new hope years ago.
it was extremely average. it is the middle of a trilogy though so no surprise.
don't get the praise.
>>
>>64382861
ESB starts off bad but becomes respectable over time. The whole series is drastically overrated. Even giving ANH a 6/10 is too much (assuming a 5/10 is average). The effects, scope, and score are great but it's just polish on a turd.
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 600x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 600x475
Fans of film enjoy New Hope
Star war fans enjoy Empire Strikes Back

This has always been well known
>>
File: 1449560268767.png (208 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449560268767.png
208 KB, 512x384
>>64382951
I agree with this sentiment. Empire Strikes Back is overrated as hell. It's probably the weakest standalone Star Wars movie. It has some of the most important scenes in the saga, but as a movie with a beginning, middle and end it's not that great.
>>
>>64382861
God damn I wish the movie was animated in the style of the posters. Would be so neat.
>>
File: 1446158842994.jpg (94 KB, 891x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446158842994.jpg
94 KB, 891x1024
This thread's full of fucking plebs with pleb opinions.
>>
>>64382861
The old trilogy averages to a 6.25
The new trilogy averages to 4
>>
>>64383671
You're an idiot.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the compromised and boring "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

J. J. Abrams is a postmodernist with an eye for dense compositions and an autist (much like Lucas) who was a bad choice for a supposedly "charming" and "humorous" reunion movie--the only interesting character is the autistic Kylo Ren (the autistic Spock from "Star Trek" is the only interesting character there too), and overall lack of human "charm" emphasizes logical problems.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
5. "Star Wars"
6. "The Empire Strikes Back"
7. "Return of the Jedi"
>>
>>64382861
Its a fucking adventure movie from the 70....

It was a hit because at that time it was very unique.
>>
>>64386008
>movie is bad because meme characters
horrible b8 m8
>>
>>64384648
>gave up this beauty for cocaine
>>
I've always thought ANH is better than ESB personally. Just works better as a single movie. ESB is very much part two of a trilogy and needs the other 2 to work. Plus the meteor worm thing was retarded (George Lucas actually intended the reveal to be a joke), and the training on Dagobah is fucking weird in parts.
>>
ESB is the only good star wars movie.
>>
>>64382861
ANH is literally the worst in the OT because it's the only one Lucas directed.
>>
>>64386315
>/tv/ learns that women are garbage
>>
>>64382861
literally tryhard to fit in on 4chan the post.
>>
>>64388616
>everyone has mommy issues, just like me!
>>
Sure it's just your opinion and you've seen a thousand films that it's influenced since.

If you'd watched nothing but 70s movies for years before catching this in the cinema you might be more impressed.

Also you're giving into the hype that Star Wars is Gods gift to cinema. It's just a mad adventure romp that has a real feel good uplifting message.

Everyone involved in making it was surprised that it was a success at all.
>>
>>64382861
A New Hope is the best of the series.
>>
>>64382861

how is this movie poorly paced? Are you stupid?

Do you think the movie wouldve been better if on their way to alderaan instead of characters talking and obi wan instructing luke there was a retarded action scene with lots of yelling and some scottish guy blathering on about kanjiclub?
>>
>>64388630
How the fuck am I trying to fit in? I thought that /tv/ loved the OT
>>
>>64388819
God that scene sucked.
>>
>>64382861
No but that depends on what frame of reference we're using.
If you rate marvel movies higher you are the king of shit taste.
>>
Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > The Force Awakens > Return of the Jedi

Haven't watched the other movies so can't comment on them.
>>
>>64382861

6 is decent and accurate. ESB is more or less equal to it.
>>
>>64382861
It's not really that good looking back on it, but it's a fun enough romp.

Empire is, and remains to this day, the only truly good Star Wars film
>>
>>64383646

Is that photo real? I remember reading carrie was fucking everyone on set.
>>
>Movies that are a SPACE OPERA based on fucking Flash Gordon taken this seriously
>>
>>64382861
>Is ESB any better?
No. The pacing in ESB is even worse. You'll find yourself falling to sleep somewhere in the middle.
>>
Empire has some of the best and most important moments but doesnt feel complete without the other 2 (like the other anon said already)

Return has some of the GOAT moments but also some the worst in the series

New Hope is great throughout and works as its own movie

all 3 have iconic monsters, landscapes, battles & characters; thats why for me personally theyre all equal but if i had to choose id say New Hope
>>
>tfw laugh my ass off as /tv/ rips apart the prequels
>wait a minute, let's go deeper
>realize that the OT is pretty overrated, and while the star wars universe is cool and all, this is a pretty basic story that isn't very scifi, more fantasy at heart
>realize star wars post-OT pretty much only exists to sell toys

not much of value was lost tbqh senpai smdh
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.