[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix: Marco Polo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Season 2: June 2016, urgh...
>>
>>64382700
don't care never watched season 1
>>
File: 1449597242710.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1449597242710.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>64382700
dafuq netflix produces shows? Hahaha, oh yeah real high quality shit, let's make a show where the only thing people can relate to it is that they play it in the pool? FISH OUT OF WATER
>>
>>64382700
>spend over 100 million on one show
>show is universally panned as shit

Amazing. Netflix could be adapting so many books into miniseries but they pump out like 5 bad shows to every good one.
>>
>>64382700
Who watch this shit?
>>
>>64382700

Fuck this fucking asshole for rushing the conquest of inferior Nippon.

Should've waited and constructed real sea faring vessels you dumb fuck.

Genghis not proud.
>>
>>64382700
is this show any good? Ive heard people that this is a beautiful series but people on here only shit on it
>>
>>64382700
Yey more QT asian boobs.

And not a lot else...

Blind dude was kinda cool
>>
No one asked for this
>>
>>64383483
It's a good show.
>>
The main character looks like pewdiepie and it amuses me greatly.
>>
>>64383483
>taking actual advice from any boards on 4chins, especially /tv/

Tip top cuckery
>>
>>64383483
It's Netflix trying to do a HBO show
>>
File: 1420378131993.jpg (104 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
1420378131993.jpg
104 KB, 684x1024
>>64383123
>dafuq

Back to reddit you go my good sir.

The show isn't amazing, but it's not the worst thing to happen in the 21st century either.
>>
>>64383483
It has its ups and downs, the biggest problem is that everyone else is much more interesting than Marco, even the supporting cast.

The crazy kung fu shit also feels really stupid in contrast to all court politics, rituals and strategising going on.
>>
>>64383483
It's a good show. People shit on it here because there's an immense amount of poorfags who get triggered at the idea of people paying for a Netflix subscription.

It's not as good as Rome, I'd say it's more on the level of the Borgias. So Good, but not great or terrible.
>>
>>64387655
That's the point. Marco Polo is the viewer's self insert. We see the culture and wonders of the Mongolian courts as outsiders through him. He doesn't do much outside just be there as a framing device for us. The real main character is Kublai Khan.
>>
>>64382700
Why didn't Hundred Eyes just close his eyes when the snek shot venom into his eyes?
>>
The only part I remember about this show is the one where the Chinese dude breaks the little girl's foot.
>>
>>64383483

Great show to watch, if you're 12 years old. Marco Polo is a retard, khan's son is a fuccboi. Absolute ridiculous kung fu shit out of nowhere. The main villain is a queer who uses the super ancient secret martial art of the praying lotus to crush the mightiest of opponents. The only one who's ok is the fat asian playing khan, but everything else is horrid.
>>
>>64388760
Because it was a xenomorph snek and it spit corrosive acid.
>>
season 1 was an entertaining 6/10 show that clearly has a lot of potential, hopefully they fixed some of the problems this time.

marco is just a completely uninteresting blank slate of a character. benedict wong is the main reason i kept watching because he was just so fucking entertaining as kublai.
>>
>>64389083
>marco is just a completely uninteresting blank slate of a character.
See: >>64388693
>>
>>64389123
it's called a fish out of water character, which is fine in and of itself. by the end of season 1 i didn't feel like i learned anything significant about marco's character at all, that's my main problem. i don't know if it's the guy playing him or the script, probably both.

there was also no fucking reason to make him some kung fu fighter, that was fucking lame.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.