[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me, just being the most overrated film of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 28
File: MadMax.jpg (292 KB, 1024x1447) Image search: [Google]
MadMax.jpg
292 KB, 1024x1447
Don't mind me, just being the most overrated film of the past 5 years due to having "le strong female lead" character"
>>
Hehe... meme!
>>
I see the ocean. I....see the neckbeard.
>>
Just like the original.
>>
File: simbly ebin.jpg (169 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
simbly ebin.jpg
169 KB, 486x720
Don't mind me, just being the most overrated film of the past 50 years due to having "le 12 years" gimmick
>>
>>64380560
That's not TFA
>>
So are we all in agreement that women shouldn't be allowed in movies? Everything needs to go back to the golden days like in futile japan where the men played the women in their movies.
>>
>>64380560
It was everything that made this movie great.

>fantastic world building (best since LotR in a fantasy setting)
>really good photography and cinematography
>some phenomenal action set pieces
>great score (used really well)
>a plot that makes sense
>three clearly defined character arcs (Max's identity crisis, Furiosa's redemption, Nox's realisation)
>VISUAL COMMUNICATION - for plot points, relationships developing on the screen ect.
>>
There is no female lead you fucking sjw. LEAVE TV
>>
>>64380587
Kek
>>
File: 1410741847862.jpg (79 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1410741847862.jpg
79 KB, 400x400
>>64380923
>>
>>64380923

yeah, agreed. absolutely amazing. i especially loved how they gave no background whatsoever on this cataclysmic event that fractured society into motor-clans other than "men broke the world," as if everyone who saw this movie had already sat through the three other flicks, the last of which came out in 1985.

kill yourself plebscum, i don't want to share a planet with subhumans like you
>>
File: 1434527670919.jpg (553 KB, 900x1333) Image search: [Google]
1434527670919.jpg
553 KB, 900x1333
>>64380935
>There is no female lead
>>
>>64380982
nice rebuttal faggot
>>
>>64380923
Postapocalyptic world #6834638
>really good photography and cinematography
Oh look they slapped a camera on a side of a moving car 10/10
>some phenomenal action set pieces
A desert?
>great score (used really well)
Who cares
>a plot that makes sense
There was plot?
>three clearly defined character arcs (Max's identity crisis, Furiosa's redemption, Nox's realisation)
Who cares
>VISUAL COMMUNICATION - for plot points, relationships developing on the screen ect.
You're just making words up now aren't you?
>>
>>64381015
That's not the real poster. It's a photoshop.
>>
I know Miller treats it more like a collection of futuristic myths but I heard there's some official explanation regarding the canon. So does it make sense that the movie takes place after Beyond Thunderdome.
>>
>>64380560
It's a solid action flick in a really shitty year like 2015.
And it's nowhere as overrated as the fucking TFA.
>>
>>64381004
It was the fourth movie in a series faggot.

Since when did it matter how a dystopian future came to be anyway? It's skipped over in most movies.
>>
Shes a strong female "lead" so what. At least she was written relatively well. She has flaws she gets hurt alot and she needs help plenty of times as well. She and max work together heaps and she never beats max in a fight anyway.
Unlike someone cough cough rey....
>>
File: 1431888884534.png (85 KB, 879x423) Image search: [Google]
1431888884534.png
85 KB, 879x423
>>64381108
>Miller
>>
>>64381004

>Has to have everything explained to him

Because people like you there are things like the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center

Kill yourself, spoiler alert.
>>
>>64381034
>his rebuttal is to say "who cares?" to important foundations in making a good movie
>thinks cinematography is strapping a camera to a truck; forgetting great shots like the initial shot of fury road, the flares in the sky, the crow men in the swamp, Furiosa crying on the hilltop
>doesn't know what visual communication is and doesn't understand why it's important to FILM

Pleb.
>>
>>64381315
This. It's made abundantly clear throughout the movie that Max and Furiosa are reliant on each other to survive. She is not unrealistic within this universe. At no point does a woman beat a man in a physical fight. Miller even goes to lengths to show most of the female characters, the brides, to be useless cargo.
>>
>>64380560
It was too subtle. Too boring. Nothing stood out. One even mass.
>>
top lol

the whole "strong female lead" was just bullshit shilling to lure feminists to see the movie, we're talking about girls who'd never dream of going to see an action film otherwise

did it work?
>>
>>64380560
Gamergater /v/ermin please go back to your own biard.

George Miller made his Magnum Opus and in general one of the best action movies ever.

But as a cinematically illiterate /v/irgin you dont understand anything you see
>>
Sorry Mad Maxine: Furiosa Road, but Creed has you beaten as the most overrated movie of the year by a large, large margin.
>>
>>64380560
furiosa was fine as a lead, she's strong but isn't perfect and it's abundantly clear that she and the rest of the women need max's help

if you want a shitty strong female character lead then rey is your best bet
>>
>>64380982
>People making an analysis of a movie are neckbeards
>This is what /tv/ has become
>>
>>64381034
Weak bait
>>
>>64381004
Its a /v/edditor, people with/v/ post history should be banned from other boards
>>
>>64380560

Personally I think it's Sicario as Benicio del Toro is the ultimate Mary Sue.
>>
>>64382206
He's not a Mary Sue, he does a bunch of morally ambiguous shit and it's obvious that he's fucked in the head from fighting the drug cartels for so long
>>
So you felt nothing during the fire tornado?
>>
>>64380560
>most overrated film of the past 5 years due to having "le strong female lead" character"

I think you mean TFA
>>
>>64382206
Spicario is /v/ermin trash, pure vapid shit baked in shitty pretty images
>>
>>64382272
This desu.
>>
>>64380560
How the hell did garbage like Star Wars and Mad Max end up as two ot the most acclaimed films of the year? Do critics hate cinema? Rofl. Someone should just throw these keyboard gymnasts into a vat of acid, nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>man born in 1945 created this

im puzzled
>>
>>64381830
It's going to happen for the next few years. Filmmakers are going to continue to get asked at junkets, "Is this a feminist movie, Mr Miller? Are there feminist overtones" and they'll reply, "y-yeah sure". It's a fad.

Some women are going to see TFA because they think it's an allegory of gamergate. I don't even really know what gamergate was exactly, but I know it wasn't a big deal. I know it's not in the consciousness of filmmaker as they go to make their movies. It speaks volumes of the narcissistic nature of these groups that they think mainstream media is all about them.

Autists who don't see or don't like good movies because egomaniacs are projecting their dogma on to them, are missing out.
>>
>>64382308
Please tell how this isnt worthy of praise, hard pressed to think of a better directed movie from 15.
>>
>>64382240

Morality has nothing to due with being a Mary Sue, dumb dumb.

He was a lawyer who magically became super bad ass operative who can effortlessly kill the very people who trained him.

And he doesn't make any mistakes.
>>
>>64382195

Personally I'd prefer it if they banned people with reddit or tumblr post histories instead.

But then we'd never have Fury Road threads I guess.
>>
"I had a brother, and he was perfect in every way."
>>
>>64382308
Putting Mad Max in the same boat as TFA is retarded.

Fury Road did literally everything better than TFA.
>>
File: 1451538416110.png (167 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1451538416110.png
167 KB, 709x636
>>64382363
back to /v/ you human trash
>>
File: 1439152749163.png (164 KB, 409x325) Image search: [Google]
1439152749163.png
164 KB, 409x325
>>64380560
i think part of the huge appeal is also the use of practical effects, even if cgi was also present.

has more to do with 80s nostalgia than anything remotely close to muh strong female lead.
>>
>>64382357
It does, though. He literally shoots a bunch of kids. How can you unironically look at that and claim that's "flawless"? There's obviously a part of him that's unhinged and this is to juxtapose his brutality with the protagonist's idealism.
>>
>>64381004
>idiot dog from r9k cant understand visual storytelling and wants hand held dialogue exposition

lmao
>>
>>64382433

Again, morality has nothing to do with competence. And in the film killing the kids and mom were totally justified.
>>
>>64382195

Fun fact: I've been here, on both 4chan and /tv/ and I have never once posted on /v/.

Even more interesting: I have never poste on reddit or tumblr, nor did I enjoy Fury Road.

I can smell the reddit on you. You probably even have a twitter or facebook account.
>>
>>64382479
nice blog post /v/eddit now fuck off
>>
>>64382467
Mary Sue isn't only about competence though, it's also about character flaws. And the desire to kill kids is a pretty major flaw for most sane people.

>And in the film killing the kids and mom were totally justified.

That's contentious at best, especially when considering that the brutality of his methods aren't always portrayed in a positive light (killing the police officer who had a family, for example)
>>
>>64382504

1. I have never posted on /v/

2. Even if I had, it is preferable to an immigrant from reddit or tumblr.

3. Can you tell me what LGL went to jail for?
>>
>>64382521

Nowhere was he shown to "desire" killing kids. He took the target at the best opportunity and couldn't leave any witnesses.

Mary Sue has nothing to do with morality. Moreover, his morality isn't even flawed in the movie; it's justified.

>brutality

One head shot is about as humane as an assassin can get.
>>
>>64380560
I think you meant to post Star Wars, OP.
>>
>this whole thread

This is why I only post in /bane/ and star trek threads. /tv/ was always shit but I feel like it's becoming worse by the day, now with the fucking jannies trying to kill baneposting.
>>
File: _1432151985.jpg (163 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1432151985.jpg
163 KB, 600x300
>>64381108

>Played by Emil Minty, the character simply known as "The Feral Kid" (pictured below) was a grunting, primitive-looking mute who happened to possess some deadly, digit-slicing skills with a boomerang. He would end up bonding with Max during the course of the film as they were chased by marauders over "the precious juice" of fossil fuels. The theory implies that Hardy’s Max is actually a grown version of The Feral Kid. While that may seem concocted by conjecture, there are some key elements that give the idea substance.

>One of the most notable Easter Eggs seen in Fury Road was the small music box that was found in Max’s possession by one of Immortan Joe’s escaped wives. While it might simply be a basic shout-out to old-school fans, it is worth noting that in its appearance in The Road Warrior, Max actually gives the item to The Feral Kid, who we eventually learn grows up to be a tribe leader and the film’s narrator. Thus, the idea of Hardy’s Max actually having the item, might be the clue to his true identity and could imply that he takes on the Mad Max identity at some point before he gets older and leads his tribe.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Fan-Theory-Really-Clever-71559.html
>>
>>64382624
Well considering we have now a rampant invasion of tourists from /v/ (you can see it with retards praising trash named Sicario) the quality discussion is hard to come by.
>>
>>64382630

He is addressed as Max repeatedly, and memories of Max's actions in previous films are flashbacked to.

Stupidest fucking theory.
>>
>>64382569
>Nowhere was he shown to "desire" killing kids. He took the target at the best opportunity and couldn't leave any witnesses.

There is nothing in the movie that suggests this. If he wanted to kill the drug lord without being spotted he could have easily done so. He obviously did that just because he wanted revenge because his wife and daughter were killed. Willing to go that far for revenge is a very clear flaw

>Mary Sue has nothing to do with morality. Moreover, his morality isn't even flawed in the movie; it's justified.

Except it isn't, at least not Benicio Del Toro's actions. Like I said, if he wanted to kill the drug lord without being spotted he could have easily done that. He walks over to the family while they're eating because he wanted to kill them. It's also suggested by the ending that this changes nothing for the situation, and it's even admitted by the CIA that nothing they do will actually end the cartels unless demand for the drugs stop

>One head shot is about as humane as an assassin can get.

His death is portrayed as tragic.
>>
File: jagsguy.gif (2 MB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
jagsguy.gif
2 MB, 300x264
>It's a meninist thread

You realize you fucks are as annoying as feminists right? It was a great movie. The fact that it had a competent female co-lead doesn't mean shit.

I mean, Max even beat her ass in a fight, and then literally saved her life at the end. It was Max's idea to head back to the Citadel. All the crusty old bitches died, excepting one. The slave chicks were useless.

I fail to see how it's a feminist movie at all, I mean a lot of women didn't even like it because it was too fucking violent. You let the media's rabid assertion that it's a feminist movie dictate your thoughts on it...it's fucking absurd.
>>
>>64382711
No m9, you're the actual problem. We can't have decent discussion on good films(that includes Sicario) because you need to maymay/feel like special snoflakes and shit on everything that is remotely popular to seem patrician.
Now show me that 3X3 that fags have been peddling around here for ages, call me a pleb and name it kino or some fag shit. Fuck off
>>
>>64382747
>If he wanted to kill the drug lord without being spotted he could have easily done so.

No. It was explicitly stated he had a small window of opportunity.

I didn't even bother reading the rest of your post because it's so damned obvious you're just trolling to get your shitty thread bumped. Get a life.
>>
>>64382802
>Sicario
>Good film
I want cinematically illiterate pleb retards to just fuck off from this thread. You clearly don't understand anything that makes visual medium interesting if you think Sicario was good.

Fury Road was good, even Miller's best, and far above trash Call of Duty shit like Sicario.
>>
>>64382788
No, it's /pol/ or /v/, and you're expecting them to use reason n shit. And they get to the fags in here who want to use this new shit maymay without even seeing the film.
JUST yesterday there was a thread about some Dunkirk film by Nolan starring Tom Hardy which is in pre-production and nobody knows anything about besides what I wrote here and they literally called it SJW.
>>
>>64382819
Then why did he casually walk over to their dinner table and sit down when he took out all of the security and they didn't notice him? Did you think it was a coincidence that he talks about how his wife and daughter were killed earlier in the film, then ends up killing the drug lord's wife and kids? lmao
>>
>>64382844
You are so full of compelling arguments I already shat myself in pain. Fucking fag
>>
>>64382893
>Person who thinks Spicario is good calling other people with names
You don't have the high ground for that as evidenced by your lack of taste and understanding of the medium
>>
>>64380923

Inside Out had better world building. And it had to work with restrictions.
>>
File: cia mustafar.jpg (28 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
cia mustafar.jpg
28 KB, 376x304
>>64382931
>person who uses the high ground maymay shits on anyone else

/bane/ has already taken over

>>64382940
>inside out
Jesus Christ, these are the people you share /tv/ with
>>
>>64382940
I haven't seen it but it's an animated film.

It has far less restrictions than something like LotR or Fury Road.
>>
>>64380560

Mad fury road max?
>>
>>64382308

Meanwhile, In the Heart of Sea gets shit on for not being a thriller.
>>
>>64382940
how

the majority of the "worldbuilding" took place in one location in her head

>And it had to work with restrictions.
what? animation is one of the least restrictive mediums in existence, you have omniscient control over the camera and you can draw and animate whatever you want without having to resort to practical effects
>>
>>64380923
>good photography and cinematography
LMAO HAHAHAHAHA

>speed up action
>ever good

FUCK OFF REDDIT
>>
>>64383007
I haven't seen that, is it worth 2 shits? I remember seeing the trailer or some shit a year ago and was really pumped but then they pushed it for a december release and I lost interest
>>
>>64383007
>Shilling for Ron Howard trash.

>>64383016
I'm sorry that Pajeet with shitty ISP panel experienced ghosting, wasn't my issue though.
>>
>>64382630
How would get get the only Interceptor which was scrapped in beyond the thunderdome?
>>
File: willow.jpg (84 KB, 615x375) Image search: [Google]
willow.jpg
84 KB, 615x375
>>64383036
>not liking based Ron

Reddit srs
>>
>>64383095
Film makers like Howard or Villeneuve who simply don't have any directorial vision or nothing to tell simply aren't interesting.
>>
>>64382971

Yeah, Inside Out--a better written, fleshed out, and overall more realized effort than the mediocre ADD trip called Fury Road.

>>64382991

Restrictions of locale. It had to create a universe within the parameters of human thought, and did so successfully.
>>
>>64381396
>thinks a yellow filter in post is "good cinematography"
pot calling the kettle black right there
>>
File: laff a loat.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
laff a loat.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>64383135
>this is what reddit actually thinks

>>64383131
So it's Goddard and other faggotry for you right?
>>
>>64383135
>Restrictions of locale. It had to create a universe within the parameters of human thought, and did so successfully.

that's not restrictive at all, it's human thought, it can be literally anything they want as long as it can be though tof
>>
>>64383162
>If you do not like /v/Illeneuve you must only like 'Goddard and other faggotry'

Weak bait.

>>64383143
>Thinks color is all there is to cinematogrpahy
>Probably had burned out yellows on his Fujitsu laptop TN panel

LOL
OL
L
>>
File: tea mate.jpg (29 KB, 498x593) Image search: [Google]
tea mate.jpg
29 KB, 498x593
>>64383195
>has been b9ing for 10 posts or some shit
>calls me out on b7ing
>>
>>64383223
There'¨s no bait in stating Villeneuve isn't auteur and neither is Ron Howard.
>>
>>64383135
How the fuck is that restrictive, you spaz? They can do what ever they want with it.
>>
>>64380923
Plebbit is truly content with anything as long as someone says it's good for them.

It's because of tasteless, cinematic illiterate casuals giving retarded opinions on cinema the why this board has sunk to the levels of /v/
>>
>>64383284
>Not a single counter-argument
OK kiddo
>>
>>64383143
But we're taking about cinematography not colour saturation.

You do know the difference don't you anon?
>>
File: BAAAAAIt.jpg (16 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
BAAAAAIt.jpg
16 KB, 308x308
>>64383267
>auteur

If this ins't b10-2 I don't know what is
>>
>>64383195
>>64383223
>>64383267
>>64383284
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
>>
File: 1451242590917.jpg (726 KB, 1200x815) Image search: [Google]
1451242590917.jpg
726 KB, 1200x815
>>64380560
I didn't like it not because of the womyn

I didn't like it because it was a spin off of Mad Max 2 & 3 and not the slower pace descent into madness like in the first film
>>
>>64383310
Have you ever seen anyone making an argument in recent history?

>>64383267
Give us examples of auteurs, everybody is tired of seeing you shitpost with the other fag,
>>
>>64383284
Educate us anon. I noticed you provided no counter arguments or opinions of your own.
>>
>>64383350
>>Give us examples of auteurs,
Confirmed for /v/ trash, he can't even reply to the argument but asks what auteur is.
>>
File: caught faghanded.png (8 KB, 537x126) Image search: [Google]
caught faghanded.png
8 KB, 537x126
>>64383341
Nah mate. Fuck off.
>>
File: homo.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
homo.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>64383372
Holy shit, you really are the worst aren't you? I was literally tired of you 2 assholes shitposting, and when I ask you to provide something solid you keep on shitposting. Brava
>>
File: smug.jpg (8 KB, 235x218) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
8 KB, 235x218
>>64383372
Buzzwording 101: How to look patrician when you are a retarded autist
>>
>>64383376
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
It's overrated since half the movie is gasoline induced internal combustion mayhem with a good amount of practical effects.

Although I REALLY hated it near then end when they CGI'd a slow explosion and had the steering wheel fall towards the camera. That's fucking stupid.
Just film a shot of the steering wheel hitting the ground somewhere, and you can see it as it spins around and comes to rest.
>>
File: 1438098378254.jpg (5 KB, 136x185) Image search: [Google]
1438098378254.jpg
5 KB, 136x185
>>64383414
>You are asshole if you claim Villeneuve isn't auteur.
lol.

You didnt even reply to the argument but asked for some reason directors that are auteurs.

Its clear you dont know what the word means.

>>64383435
>Auteur
>Buzzword
Pleb identified.

How's the latest epic Villeneuve Korean Revenge Movie going EPIC SENPAI **TIME TO MEET GOD* hehe rpety ebic right
>>
>>64382869
lel
>>
File: ab.jpg (79 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
79 KB, 640x481
>>64383445
Why?
>>
>>64383312

Not him. Not even following the conversation...but color saturation is a standard element of cinematography. Color grading and correction is one of the fundamentals of cinematography.

Just sayin.
>>
File: autismus maximus.jpg (158 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
autismus maximus.jpg
158 KB, 523x720
>>64383460
You didn't make an argument, and when I asked you to make one, you just kept on shitposting, as you are doing now. Provide a single example of an auteur director. And you rreading comprehension is full-on spectrum you fucking fag
>>
>>64383177
>>64383276

So neither of you have the seen the movie. I'm not arguing that Inside Out is a great movie, but that it's world building surpasses the lame shit in Hot Wheels: Fury Road.

It's also a better movie.
>>
File: autism speaks.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>64383529
>>
>>64383498
The colors looked just fine if you don't have a fucking shitty TN panel on a shitty busted Fujitsu laptop from 2007. Cinematography in Fury Road was very good the faster things moved, it was very well shot.

>>64383513
>Villeneuve isn't auteur.
Is argument enough, he has fuck all directorial vision as evidenced by two of his movies being aping of two other directors and two of his latest movies being directed by Deakins.

You can't tell me about Villeneuve style and neither can anyone else in this thread.

Watch more movies /v/edditor trash.
>>
>>64383513
Agnes Varda, Paul WS Anderson, Bruno Garrel. I gave you three cinéma autheurs.
>>
>>64383529

Not those guys but it doesn't even come close. The world in Inside Out is incredible shallow and doesn't really have any consistency. It felt like a roughly sketched out concept. As opposed to Fury Road where you have a really deep, thought out world.

Now only if Fury Road had the same attention to plotting and characters as Inside Out...
>>
File: 1437476759730.jpg (395 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1437476759730.jpg
395 KB, 1200x900
>>64382788
>I fail to see how it's a feminist movie at all,

Are you retarded? the entire film is literally "patriarchy bad, matriarchy good" with no substance or nuance behind it. It's liberal bootlicker pandering at its least subtle, but of course /tv/ is too thick to even see that
>>
>THIS ONE AUTISTIC VILLENEUVE HATER IS STILL AT IT
TOPKEK

MUST'VE BEEN PERSONAL

FOR HIM

SICARIO MOTY JUST FYI
>>
>>64383592
>It's the 'Plot was lacking' pleb.
and yes Max was barely a character yet again, which was a shame. Theron also wasn't exactly believable in her role, needed more of edge in her.
>>
>>64383568
I never claimed Villeneuve is an auteur you autistic faggot, I wanted to know what you think classifies as an auteur. YOU have literally, LITERALLY been avoiding to answer this very fucking simple question for 15 minutes, even though it was just namedropping.
/tv/ was always fucking garbage, and I know this is my personal Purgatory since I'm stuck here forever, but God damned, it's like you're trying to reach new lows.
>>
>>64383597
Back to /v/

>>64383624
>I wanted to know what you think classifies as an auteur.
It doesn't matter what I think, that term has been defined by people lot smarter than me and you can read all about it from the writing of smarter people than me.

>Namedropping
Auteur isn't 'name'.

>Reach new lows.
Aawwwww baby is hurt because he faced a new word and can't grasp it :333
>>
>>64383568

I don't see what any of that has to do with color saturation?

Also the cinematography was okay, but I'm not a fan of pushing the digital crayola suite to the max to make an image more interesting. It crossed into Instagram filter tier at points.

But even bad John Seale work is going to be leagues ahead of most other work out there.
>>
>>64383586
>no one named Bruno Garrel, except some fag on facebook
>Agnes Varda
>literal garbage only film students have ever seen
>Paul WS Anderson
>resident evil and mortal kombat and AvP
>cinéma buzzword

Well, you got me hooked for a while. Good job anon, I took the b6+2
>>
>>64383529
It's animated. What are you missing about that?

It's easier to create fantasy worlds on a computer. There are no restrictions.
>>
File: jesus wept.jpg (53 KB, 461x336) Image search: [Google]
jesus wept.jpg
53 KB, 461x336
>>64383650
Huge-ass b9-1
>>
>>64383621

I don't mind a minimal plot. But I thought it was just poorly plotted in the second half of the film. The momentum got a bit bogged down and much of it felt like it was just punching the necessary Story-Wrap-Up buttons.

Nothing abysmal or anything, and obviously not the focal point of the movie or anything. Just saying it's nic to have good plotting in addition to good everything else sometimes.
>>
>>64383660
>Okay
The geometry of the fast paced action scenes was mind blowingly well done, the entire Tornado sequence was fucking breath taking, everything about Immortan Joe's place telling the story in a simple way up was very good, Max's instability was shown to us in a simple 1 minute chase etc. What's there to not like about the cinematography? Just about everything shown has meaning unlike Villeneuve dog shit trash.

George Miller and the cinematographer fucking nailed it. It gets bit 'average' when it slows down like when Max and Furiosa just chill in the desert with mothers but quickly becomes interesting and well done - far above average - when it speeds up.

>>64383699
>Auteur means quality
Fucking dumb shit retard hang yourself idiot

>>64383721
eh it gets going fast enough for my taste after the little bit of downtime in the desert when they 'rescue' the bait and it slows down. it's not like they even went back 'the same way' like most people feel since the action set pieces are all different again.
>>
>>64383787
They went back the same way, they just didn't show the marshes again on the way back
>>
>>64383812
But the action set pieces were all different, it's hardly 'the same way' unless you autistically stare at a map and point 'look the line goes back'

Get me?
>>
File: 4u.jpg (22 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
22 KB, 300x100
>>64383787
>asking for it so bad
>>
>>64383837
They went through the same rock arch and the place where the final battle took place would have been where the sand tornado was in the first half of the movie
>>
>>64383787

You're not talking about cinematography.

You're confusing different aspects of filmmaking.

Everything you mentioned is excellent, but you're talking about direction and editing and viz fx as much as cinematography, which was just...good? Impressive for an elderly man on his first foray into digital. But also lots of ugly post tweaking reminiscence of fellow Aussie Oscar winner Andrew Lesnie.

I can't say it's bad since it's a deliberate look executed correctly. But I don't like it personally...and I didn't see anything in Fury Road that was very impressive in terms of photography. Not in a year with Sicario, Hateful 8, The Revenent etc.
>>
Honestly I'd be fine with Furiosa if she wasn't so horribly miscast as Charlize Theron. Her voice was WAYYY too feminine, and overall didn't convince me as a tough as nails action heroine.
>>
>>64383897
>Cinematography is only color filters
Child of Villeneuve
>>64383869
I know but it barely matters since the action scenes are all different themselves.
>>
>>64381004
Sorry this was difficult for you.
Maybe a nice Pixar movie is more suitable.
Be quiet and drink your milk.
>>
>>64380754
>futile japan
>>
>>64381034
see
>>64383938
>>
File: 1450595853321.jpg (201 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1450595853321.jpg
201 KB, 1000x750
>>64383923
MAX KEK FEMINISM ROAD WAS EMPTY LITERAL /v/ TIER TRASH

SICARIO WAS MOVIE OF THE YEAR
>>
>>64383923

Villeneuve is not a cinematographer.

You keep talking randomly about color filters and things that aren't related to cinematography like digital animation.

Why are you insisting on talking about a subject you are ignorant of?
>>
>>64384026
Nah only you and your Samsung TN panel keep bithcing about yellows when its a really small part of what constitutes cinematography, I'm sorry if you have a misconception of what is cinematography because of 'cinegrid' threads.

>Villeneuve isn't a cinematographer.
Director's job is to tell the faggot what he wants.

in Villeneuve's case he went to jerk to his trailer and let Deakins shoot the film tho
>>
>>64383568
Explain what made the cinematography so good, then, if you know so much. Please do.

Whenever someone doesn't know how to suck up to some flick, he'll just whip out the good ol'
>it had good cinematography
>>
>>64383869
Yeah, but what he's saying is that the action is different at each stage of the chase. Interceptor vs war boys, War rig vs spikey vehicles, Max chained to Nux's car, then motorbikes, then war rig versus the marshlands, then war rig versus Joe's fleet complete with pole vaults and Max clambering over something like 6 vehicles. There's plenty variation

And the canyon arch played a pivotal part in the story. It's in there twice for a reason.
>>
>>64384059

You have me confused with another poster.

Which is sad since I prefaced my post with "I am NOT the poster you are talking to, but..."

You also don't actually know what cinematography is, as evidenced by your posts confusing directors and their roles with cinematographers.

Do you want me to educate you? Or do you want to pointlessly argue?
>>
>>64384103
I've just done. What more do you want? YOu ahven't explained why it's bad outside 'My TN panel from 2006 can't playback these yellows = cinematogrpahy bad'

Fuck you probably watched some YIFY rip of it in your fucking laptop while shitposting on /tv/
>>
>>64384131
You clearly think cinematographers do what they want when they're told by non-hack directors what to do.

In case of VIlleneuve he just told Deakins to film the movie.

I know understanding cinematography and its purpose in a movie must be hard if you only watch movies that lack any sort of visual storytelling, Ron Howard, Sam Mendes, Villeneuve.. list goes on
>>
>>64380560
The only people who give a shit about the fact that one of the main characters was female are you fucking faggots.
Mad Max easily was one of the best of the year, and not overrated, and you can keep crying about it all you want.
>>
>>64384157

So George Miller didn't tell John Seale to film the movie? John Seale just snuck onto the set with stolen cameras and began filming?

So you're happy to remain ignorant of cinema fundamentals?

Thanks for wasting my time with your half assed trolling. Honestly ask yourself if it was worth your time or makes you feel better about your life.
>>
>>64384264
Nah they worked clearly in tandem as opposed to Deakins-Villeneuve which would be obvious had you seen Prisoners lol

Go on tell me about auteur Villeneuve and his unique style lol

>inb4 you just decsribe Deakins average work for me
>>
I WANT REDDIT TO LEAVE
>>
>>64384137
>Cinematography in Fury Road was very good the faster things moved, it was very well shot.
Wally Pfister, is that you?

Now, in all seriousness, you haven't explained shit, prolly because you know shit.
>>
>>64384470
Well there's barely nothing to talk about in mundane scenes where it slows down, is there? It's very basic. It's when it gets furious when it gets good.
>>
>>64380560
how the fuck do threads like this still get replies????????????????????
>>
>>64384570
Except for the start, I was referring to the after the first chase when they hang out at the desert really. It doesn't exactly compare to how well mise-en-scène and cinematography establish the setting and the story without boring dialogue.

>>64384623
Hey now
>>
>>64384570
Muh 90 pound woman shooting shotguns one handed and beating up badguys twice her size with her super awesome advanced mechanical arm which doesn't clash at all in a world where everything is decayed or decaying.
>>
>>64384687
>where everything is decayed or decaying.
Including the cars they were driving, right?
Stuff decays because it stops getting looked after.
>>
>>64384570
>still doesn't explain how cinematography is good
typical "it has good cinematography" pleb. You can't even go into how the lighting is done and how it works with natural sunlight? You suck bigtime.
>>
>>64384749
>trying to compare an automobile versus an advanced (also not invented presently) medical prosthetic

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>64384780
Read the thread.

>Go into extreme detail.
Maybe once you go into extreme detail about your TN Panel 'Yellows are bad' meme. Plus once I've rewatched it, I rewatched it upon bluray release. It looks raw and gritty overall which works for it, that's about the same detail than your Yellows = bad meme.
>>
>>64384824
Ssh, magic.

Let me guess, the blood transfusion thing annoyed you too? Making needles is pretty hard.
>>
How Furiosa's arm worked was clearly movie magic, same with Immortan's whole.. body rig or whatever you call it
>>
>>64380754
>futile Japan

Ameriblob """""""" education """""""'''
>>
>>64384873
I never said that "yellows are bad". I just impliead that you thought it's what makes good cinematography. I'm not the one saying that MMFR's cinematography is good or bad, I'm expecting you to justify why you think it's good, which is what you were going on about in the first place.

But hey, if you still don't have any arguments, keep killing the messenger.
>>
>>64385161
>Still don¨'t have any
Reading comprehension is lacking on this youngling, I've written more about why it is good than why you with yellow tn panel bad meme think its bad.
>>
>>64385183
yeah, no, you haven't.
>>
>>64385419
>y-y-eah no because I dont approve it
>muh last word
just kill urself shitstain
>>
File: MMREKT.gif (2 MB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
MMREKT.gif
2 MB, 500x205
>>
>>64382630
fuck off hes not the feral kid
>>
>>64380560
Nah. It was good mate
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.