[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you hate the most about this movie? Is there anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 16
File: II.jpg (40 KB, 332x475) Image search: [Google]
II.jpg
40 KB, 332x475
What do you hate the most about this movie?
Is there anything you liked?
>>
>>64380206

Its opening and ending sequences are actually very good. Nearly everything in between is absolute crap.
>>
when i went to see it with my friends the theater was empty, we had a fun time.
>>
I liked the CGI.
>>
>>64380206
I like republic gunships.
>>
File: 6AdTNFp.jpg (802 KB, 2560x1691) Image search: [Google]
6AdTNFp.jpg
802 KB, 2560x1691
I used to rent this film just to watch any scene with clones in it and skip everything else.
>>
I hate sand.
I love Obi-Wan getting to the bottom of some mysteries.
>>
>>64380271

Bad design was never a problem the Prequels suffered from.
>>
File: thatfeel.gif (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.gif
16 KB, 633x758
>>64380206
>across the stars
>>
>>64380206

Investigation plot really carried the movie, it was just surrounded by dogshit.
>>
>>64380206
i hate almost everything about it.

if Ewan McGregor wasn't doing anything in it like the last one it would have been 100% shit.

instead it's just mostly shit.
>>
>>64380206
I don't have a very good memory of it because I watched it once and fell asleep halfway through, but Yoda spinning was entertaining, and possibly also Obi Wan being a detective.
>>
>>64380206
I liked it.
>>
>>64380206
I liked the Tusken Raiders subplot
>>
File: aotcbts.jpg (152 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
aotcbts.jpg
152 KB, 500x326
let's not pretend there's any other reason to sit through this steaming pile of shit
>>
Redeeming points of the prequels:

TPM
>The effects
>The world-building
>Maul
>Duel of the Fates
>Ian McDiarmid
>The final lightsaber duel

AotC
>The slow and quiet version of The Imperial March weaved throughout the movie
>Across the Stars
>That one part of the Anakin/Dooku fight in the darkness where their lightsabers are the only source of light
>You don't want to sell me death sticks
>Dooku

RotS
>Battle of the Heroes
>The scene where Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise
>Vader v Obi-Wan (except for the rope swing)
>James Earl Jones (except for the NOOOOO)

Think those are all the redeeming points. Happy to argue.
>>
Hate: love story between Anakin and Padme
Like: the mystery in the plot

I would like an in-depth analysis of he jedi order
>>
>>64380206
It just wasn't good at all. In fact I might go so far as to say you can just skip right over it.

I wished the "mystery" had more to it than just "yo lemme talk to the one fat guy and some younglings"
>>
>>64380519
>>That one part of the Anakin/Dooku fight in the darkness where their lightsabers are the only source of light

Fucking disco music scene

The other things are all right
>>
>>64380610
This. The mystery part of the plot is incompetently written dogshit. Shame since in theory an Obi-Wan detective movie sounds great.
>>
Asteroid chase has GOAT sound design.

I like the vehicle and creature designs.

That's it.
>>
>>64380331
fuck
>>
>>64380206
Kamino obviously.
>>
hated the love story

liked the kaminoans and kamino bits, felt cozy
>>
Cut out anakins love plot and we only follow obi wan as he uncovers the assassin plot that leads into the clone plot. Anakin shows up to geonosis to help save obiwan but can't stop smiling because he had sex and obiwan is like "hey man, cut that shit out, we are about to die" and then anakin says "I'm sorry master...but you just wouldn't understand"
>>
>grow up watching the OT dozens of times
>disappointed by PM but get the VHS and rewatch it several times anyway just to try to appreciate it more
>it only gets worse with each viewing

>see AotC in theater
>lose almost all interest in Star Wars
>never rewatch AotC

I did end up rewatching Revenge of the Sith though. Also a stupid movie but at least it's fun to watch.
>>
>>64380717

The way those spaceships were dogfighting looked so unnatural to me.
>>
>>64380886
Could it be that they were fictional vessels that don't actually exist and you're autistic?
>>
>>64380717
fuck yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4
BRRRRMMMM before BRRRRRMMM
>>
The first half of aotc is fucking bad. Especially the tvshow feeling in padmes apartement and the love plot on naboo.
But the second half has got:
-fight against jango
-fight against jango in the asteroid field
-anakin searching for his mother and killing tusken
-dooku trying to seduce obiwan
-this party is over
-clone attack with great battle sequences
-begun the Clone war has
-also the soundtrack is great
>>
1. street-level Couruscant, shitty chase scene and lots of ripping off better filmakers but at least we got a glimpse of some culture in Star Wars

2. Obi Wan is much better than he was in the last movie and he got a semi-good detective subplot. I also like Kamino and the fight with Jango Fett.

3. Christopher Lee makes anything look good even if he's underused in this movie.

4. The only time we see a Jedi battle even if it's shitty. It's a neat thing that it exist.

5. No kid Anakin, less Jar Jar and better Tatooine scenes than those in TPM overall I think AOTC was a better movie
>>
>>64380206
I hated the sand, it's coarse and it gets everywhere, and lifeless CGI characters like Hayden Christensen.
>>
>>64380717
Dat fuxin detonation sound design is GOAT. Best part of the movie.
>>
>>64380995

thistbhfam
>>
File: episode 2 poster.jpg (35 KB, 285x425) Image search: [Google]
episode 2 poster.jpg
35 KB, 285x425
I really liked the poster. I actually think this is the best poster out of all the star wars posters. That being said i think its the worst star wars movie. Thinking of something good about it....jesus. There was a shot where anakin is standing on the balcony and padme is talking to him. I thought that shot was good. Padme's midriff was good.
>>
I don't really hate the prequels.. but I find them all incredibly boring
>>
>>64380206
Corusant was awesome and I'm hoping it will appear in the newer films but I doubt it because of jewjew's autistic "no prequels" rule.
>>
>>64380331
What?
>>
>>64382491
Why would that affect any of the sequels?
>>
>>64382491
jewjews? you mean jj abrams? You know he isnt directing the 8th or 9th film right? I think the guy who did looper is. the 8th one at least. rian johnson.
>>
>>64380206
>What do you hate the most about this movie?
I hated the sand.
>>
>hate the most
the unfunny attempts at comedy
>liked
hershlag's outfit in the pit sequence
>>
When I saw it opening night in theaters It blew my fucking mind. Of course re watching it there are a fuckton of scenes that bother me but when I first saw it the part when anakin just lunges at dooku getting fried pissed me off so much. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK MAN?

I thought it was badass seeing yoda flipping around at first, now I hate it.

I hate the love story, super cheesy.

The rest is just awesome to me. I really don't hate the movie as much as everyone else, the phantom menace pissed me off more because I still have no idea what the hell the plot is supposed to be about.
>>
natalie portman's sexy ass body n titties
>>
The first movie you watched in 2016.

>pic related
>>
This is the first, and only, movie I've walked out of. I guess I saw about half of it before I left the theatre.
So no, not much I like about it.
>>
>>64380519
>>>James Earl Jones (except for the NOOOOO)

guess what anon? he wasn't in the movie
>>
>>64380240

>WE MADE IT. GUESS I WAS WRONG. NO DANGER AFTER ALL.
*bomb explodes*
*camera cuts amidala hovering over dying body double*
>...m'...
>corde...
>....m'lady... i am sorry...
>shut the fuck up and take this anvil.
>...m'lady...
*dies*
>how will i ever get rid of these things???
>>
>>64382856
It's uncredited, but it's him.
>>
>>64382856
He was. It was uncredited though
>>
>>64382979
Hayden played Darth Vader at the end of the movie, they even had to film it from a specific angle to make him look taller.
>>
>>64383069
Correct, but James Earl Jones provided the voice.
Quirky fact #73 - Jones wasn't in the suit in any of the originals, either.
>>
sheev
>>
>>64383089
I got it now.
>>
>>64380519
I'd also add the plot for TPM
>>
>>64380519
This scene is pretty good, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
>>
>>64380206
obi-wan's hairstyle

it's bad
>>
>Hating the prequels

WILL THIS MEME EVER DIE?
>>
The droid factory conveyor belt shit. Why did that even happen? C3PO losing his head? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>64383469
Eh, I could take it or leave it.
>>
>>64380206
natalie portman
>>
Guys doing a marathon of star wars. What is the best way to watch it?? Release order or chronological order??
>>
>>64382840
none yet
>>
>>64383866
release
>>
>>64383866
Release order is the way to watch anything you find yourself asking this question for.
>>
Sound editing, the design of the planets, the costumes, the spaceships, the villains, the design was generally cool. That's all I think.
>>
obi-wan, P.I.
count doku
kamino
blade runner coruscant
>>
>>64383866
Machete

IV
V
II
III
VI

Skip 1
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x500
WHERE IS THE ZIP FILE OF NAT PICS?
>>
>>64383639
When I saw it at the theater I thought this has to be a level in a new Star Wars video game and the scene must be there to promote it, but it was George Lucas seriously thinking there should be a scene in the movie like that.
>>
>>64384022
>watch a good movie, watch a great movie, watch a shit movie, watch a mediocre-leaning-towards-bad movie, watch an okay movie.

Why not just stop at empire? Why subject yourself to AotC or RotS or RotJ?
>>
>>64384724
how else would we know where the droids came from?
>>
>>64380206
I hate the fucking spam. Fucking mods have killed /tv/ for ever. This is like a retarded reddit board now.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450315248990-1.jpg (9 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450315248990-1.jpg
9 KB, 170x170
>>64382513
https://youtu.be/9nk_WHHTQtY
>>
File: sheev.png (8 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
sheev.png
8 KB, 359x291
>>64384955
Memes
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>
>>64380964
I forgot how much I loved the sound effects of these movies.
>>
>>64385483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Lh4Pyxxns
>>
>>64380289
You just like stormtroopers.

And that's never a good thing.
>>
>>64380206
It's largely boring with nothing happening for most of it and it's stretched out to hell. It finally gets interesting, with the conspiracy unraveling, the collesieum, even the huge CGI shitfest war that breaks out. They confront Dooku, who reveals he's turned to the Dark Side and Anakin loses his hand.

The beginning of the movie, where they have the city speeder chase and talk in rooms for several scenes should have been this stuff. All the shit in the middle with the "romance" and the senate and Obi-wan going to a 50's diner should have been the Jedi having to come to head against the republic about joining the war, as a monk order being turned into soldiers.

Count Dooku shouldn't be some guy we just meet and are told is probably evil - and oh shit, he's evil! He should be an ex-Jedi whose in the movie and we don't think is evil till we find out he was seduced by the dark side.

We get this incredibly boring movie (and I don't mean "bawww there's no lightsabers and spaceships") and then the entire plot tries to run everything through in the last 30 minutes.

It's called Attack of the Clones, not Obi-Wan tries to find out where a dart came from and Anakin and Padme fall in love.
>>
>>64380206
I hate episode 2

It's coarse and gets everywhere
>>
>>64380519
>The world-building

I really don't think the Prequels do world building anywhere near as well as the OT. Just like vehicles & costumes, the worlds all have great design to them, nice aesthetics all around, but for all the pretty scenery, they're missing something. Only long-established Tatooine feels like a real place full of people actually going about their business, engaged in their own stories, and the work for that was laid down twenty years before TPM was shot. Theed, and all of Naboo, feels so empty & lifeless despite being verdant, Coruscant so sterile in its vastness.
>>
>>64380717
All the SW movies have great sound design desu.
>>
>>64386969
Naboo feels empty and lifeless because the whole population is in concentration camps - which adds to the desolate feeling of the planet.

I loved Coruscant, and the Jedi temple on it. I'm also not speaking only about literal planets, but about the feel and state of the galaxy.

Also note I only put it as a pro in TPM, not so much with AotC or RotS. Mustafar especially was just a lazy lava planet. How boring.
>>
It could have been 3 and a half hours long
>>
>>64380519
>Maul
>One of the more interesting characters, yet they leave all of his story untold, and not make him utter a word the whole time.

thank god for the clone wars.
>>
>>64387151
I haven't watched The Clone Wars. I hear amazing things and terrible things.
I like that Maul in TPM is mysterious, though.
>>
>>64387203
well he didnt die when he got sliced in two, he was underground for decades, went insane and had built himself spiderlike robot legs, untill his brother finds him and they start fucking everyone up. i highly suggest watching it just for the sake of seeing sheev vs. maul and his bro. that fight was aweeesome.
>>
>>64380240
Literally can't remember how it began or ended even though those are usually quintessential establishing moments for any star wars film.
>>
File: clones.png (523 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
clones.png
523 KB, 1280x540
>>64387203
>Season 1 is meh.
>Season 2 is better than the first.
>Season 3 shit gets real.
>Seasons 4, 5 and 6 are really good.

Just watch it, f a m. Some people will tell you to skip first season, don't listen to them or you will not understand some stuff from other seasons. Also, the movie is shitty but they introduce Ahsoka (best girl) and it explains some stuff from the TV series, like the space battle of Christophsis.
>>
>>64387309

It begins with Padme's ship landing on Coruscant and being blown up

It ends with the clone army massing
>>
>>64382840
I watched AOTC out of curiosity. I haven't seen any of the PT before a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>64387353
>>64387151
>>64387261
Does it ruin the movies? Any inconsistencies?
>>
File: theclonewars_shaakTi_kamino.png (756 KB, 1280x538) Image search: [Google]
theclonewars_shaakTi_kamino.png
756 KB, 1280x538
>>64387510
Well, no. It explains some order 66 stuff and why Anakin is an emo sometimes. Also, Lucas was a producer and he supervised the stories.
>>
>>64385173
I really like this doctor Seuss esque housing
>>
It has the greatest climax of all six films. The poster is tops. The callbacks to The Searchers are well-executed along with Anakin's confession. It feels comfortable in its own skin. By that I mean it's not ashamed to be a corny Star Wars movie. The pacing is great. Obi Wan playing detective was well-conceived. His first meeting with Jango is as tense as dialogue heavy scenes in Star Wars come. It's not bogged down in being too kid friendly or overly dark and depressing like the other two prequels. Rough edges and all it's a pretty great emulation of Saturday Matinee Serials.
>>
The videogame graphics, Yoda dancing around like a fucking idiot plus screaming like a retard, the cringeworthy love scenes

I did kinda like the choreography of Dooku vs Anaki before he cut his arm, and I hat eto admit it but the Dooku using lighthing was pretty cool
>>
When Obi meets up with Jango and his kid in their apartment is pretty tense desu

The rest is a bit silly.

More should have been Anakin retiring from being a Jedi and giving kenobi his lightsaber so he can be with padme
>>
>>64387261
>sheev vs. maul and his bro.
Would have benefited from a better, hammier, more evil sheev voice. If I can be quite frank with you my brother.
>>
>>64383639
C3PO always had this kind of silly humor.
>>
>>64382491
There's no such rule.
In fact, TFA references several prequel things and they were planning on bringing the Anakin actor to play his force ghost, Disney just wanted to play safe so they decided to only copy ANH.
>>
>>64384955
hello there redditlettermedia
>>
I'm watching this movie right now and holy hell the opening is hilarious.

>"I guess I was wrong, there was no danger."
>*ship explodes*
>>
>>64388033
>desu
This is so fucking stupid. Shitty 9gag teens got btfo when they kept saying 'desu senpai' so they just pick a new word that isn't even funny.
>>
>>64380206
because the last time he tried, things didn't end so well his spirit was just in the way of complete destruction of the force.
>>
File: Jake_Lloyd5.jpg (36 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
Jake_Lloyd5.jpg
36 KB, 500x329
>>64389482

kek desu senpai yo dawg trololol
>>
>>64380797
Is obiwan a virgin? Was yoda and quigon? Wow just realizing practically every Jedi died a kissless virgin
>>
>The chase scene in the beginning
>The fight between Jango and Obi Wan
>Anakin killing the all of the sand people

That's pretty much it. Setting was neat for the first half but Geonosis is so fucking ugly.
>>
File: what cade.jpg (56 KB, 576x418) Image search: [Google]
what cade.jpg
56 KB, 576x418
>>64389482
Is this real?
>>
>>64380206
The wooden romance.

I like the Jango/Obi Wan fights.
>>
>>64389662
>>The chase scene in the beginning
What, you mean when it turns into a Wiley E. Coyote cartoon?

The only positive thing about that sequence was the fantastic sound design.
>>
>>64380206
>hate
The sand
>liked
Padme's boobs.
>>
File: desushit.jpg (70 KB, 337x418) Image search: [Google]
desushit.jpg
70 KB, 337x418
>>64380206

I think the one thing I hated most about it was the fact that Darth Vader was such a whiny little bitch. Oh no my mom was raped to death by sand people and I feel bad about killing them all. I'm such a bad person and I feel bad about being a bad person how could I have decided to be such a bad person when my mom was just raped to death by sand people!

>>64389482

Go the fuck back to Reddit.
>>
>>64385587
>liking stormtroopers is bad
They're literally the best part of all the Star Wars films, why do you think Phantom Menace is the worst one?
>>
I hate the love plot
>>
>>64380519
>Dooku
What was so good about him?
>>
>>64389482
lel
>>
File: 0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>64389866
Checked
>>
>>64389633
Everyone knows this is how you get superpowers.
>>
Anakin is the only real character in the prequels until Sheev starts being Sheev. It's nice that these dry cut & paste characters are constantly being interrupted by Anakin's megalomaniacal speeches.
>>
>>64389963
I'd watch that man sell babyfood on QVC.

But so poorly utilized. How are you going to cast christopher lee and not give him one scene where he gets to deliver an evil as fuck monologue.
>>
>>64390336

By casting him as Darth "I Never Speak" Maul 2.0: Now With A Couple of Lines Edition.
>>
>>64390393
Maul was 300x cooler than Dooku or probably any other character in the prequels.
>>
>>64380206
Jango Fett was cool. If they had made him Boba's biological father instead of his clone father I would have been way more accepting. Also, battle of Geonosis was somewhat neat although it was a CGI-fest.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.