[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so relatable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Ruse-Cohle----hes-here-to-011.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Ruse-Cohle----hes-here-to-011.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
Why is he so relatable?
>>
>>64379793
Because he was the best actor in the show
>>
He's the underdog.
>>
Literally me
>>
>>64379793
he was a personification of jesus
>>
what is time
>>
>>64380386
The story of Jesus always starts out with him as a child who ends up in the temple and teaches the elders they are captivated by him.
TD starts out with Rust as the new guy in a Louisana police dept. surrounded by dept. "elders" as he teaches them about really working a crime scene.
Then he disappears just as Jesus disappeared only to appear again to begin his final act. He becomes god's sacrificial lamb to pay for the sins of man.
At the end of episode 6. Rust also reappears. He is beginning his final act. He already meditates on Jesus in the garden. Rust is prepared to give himself up for the sins he has observed/investigated
>>
>>64380425
Just to add for fun:
There were two scriptures on the walls of the burned out church.
Judges 16:30 And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein.
Mark 1:14 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
In the simplest terms, these scriptures reference two men that were given power by god. Samson and Jesus.
Samson - His strength was external, defined by appearance. When it was taken away, he struck out in a final act of vengeance.
Jesus - His strength was internal, always directed at our place in eternity. His final act was one of sacrifice for all mankind.
Marty is Samson. His strength, that mask of regular family man, cut away by his wife. Reggie has seen a glimpse of his vengeance and now he prepares to pull the house of corruption down.
Rust is Jesus. Contemplating in the garden, trying to wake up the disciples. He tells the detectives he knows who he is now and there is victory in that. He stands ready to sacrifice himself so we can find redemption in this cosmic ghetto.
Do I actually believe this? Not really, I think they are the bad men that keep other bad men from the door. But it sure is fun to speculate.
>>
>>64380425
>>64380386
>>64380447
You know, I dont like theory crafting, but this is hitting me a bit. Add in to the fact that Rust mentioned being able to empathize jesus being crucified or the thought of being crucified the first time we saw his apartment
>>
>>64380467
Rust ends up having sex with Maggie. Maggie-Mary Magdeline. Rust "pays for her services my destroying his relationship with Marty
>>
>>64380447
nah, yellowking was sampson
>>
File: cohle_hospital.jpg (220 KB, 910x513) Image search: [Google]
cohle_hospital.jpg
220 KB, 910x513
literally jesus
>>
>>64379793

All of his lines were ripped off of a very good anti-natalist writer.

>>64380425

>jesus committed adultery
>>
>>64380479
>Maggie-Mary Magdeline.

Maggie is short for Margaret.

Jesus never had sex with Mary Magdalene.
>>
>>64382428

>rust was pronounced dead
>rust was dead for 3 days
>rust is seated at the right hand of the father
>>
>>64380370
INTELLIGENT NIHILISTIC WICKED SENSE OF HUMOR

>YFW IT WAS A STORY ABOUT AN ATHEIST REGAINING HIS FAITH
UNTIP THAT FEDORA MLADY

TD S1 WAS GOAT BECAUSE OF FUKUSHIMA
TD S2 WAS SHIT BECAUSE OF PIZZALATTE
>>
>>64382647
>>64382669
retards
>>
File: 1451501495697.jpg (29 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
1451501495697.jpg
29 KB, 476x357
>>64379793
because he's pure unadulterated unironic fedoracore in all the best/worst ways imaginable, with all the fat trimmed out

the wet dream of nic pizzolatto and everyone on /tv/

great transformation by McConaughey

I'm glad pizzolatto got this character out of his system. He would have worn off after a while. Instead, he sprinkled a little bit of Rust in every character for S2 which resulted in a more balanced experience. Rust Cohle literally has so much edge that you can share it and spread it around. BRAVO PIZZA
>>
>>64382703
sweet rebuttal
>>
>>64382850
its a perfectly acceptable response to a retarded post.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.