[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Does anyone really know? He showed so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: M._Night_Shyamalan.png (142 KB, 250x372) Image search: [Google]
M._Night_Shyamalan.png
142 KB, 250x372
What went wrong?

Does anyone really know?

He showed so much early promise.
>>
got butthurt when everyone called him out on his increasingly mediocre movies and trashed his career trying to play pranks on the audience. never go full shamalamshy.
>>
>>64377877
his new movie with james mcavoy looks promising, I'm just hoping for an unbreakable sequel
>>
>>64377877
he peaked too early and then tried to recreate the magic of his successes with formulaic DUDE TWIST LMAO bullshit, then just took whatever shit work he could get.
>>
He had one idea and everything else was forced. He couldn't get away from trying to recreate The Sixth Sense's feel.
>>
>>64379076

This. He stopped at being a one trick pony. Most of the good Hollywood directors that we have started small and built up their experience and skillset over two decades of commercials, TV shows, and movies. People around him told him he became known for being good at X, so he only tried to deliver X.
>>
>>64379076
not true, he got offered Indiana jones, life of pi etc, he didn't like cgi shit fests apparently
>>
>the sixth sense
>unbreakable
>signs
>the village

all good movies, which is more than you can say for a lot of directors

the happening is also good if you watch it as a comedy
>>
Is wayward pines worth watching?

I'm a sucker for mystery stuff.
>>
>>64377877
It became fashionable to hate on him.
>>
File: earthbending-1-o.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
earthbending-1-o.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>64377877
You know exactly what went wrong.
>>
>>64379252
I personally thought it was terrible.
>>
He was never really good at film making.

What he must have been REALLY talented was pitching this twists to movie executives without telling them how the rest of the movie will get to that point.
>>
File: Signs.png (1 MB, 1094x631) Image search: [Google]
Signs.png
1 MB, 1094x631
Signs is the goat movie of all time and if you disagree you should go back to reddit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.