[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a season holy shit. What did you think about the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: The-Leftovers-season-2-5.jpg (249 KB, 1600x944) Image search: [Google]
The-Leftovers-season-2-5.jpg
249 KB, 1600x944
What a season holy shit.

What did you think about the whole hotel deal, I'v e read that audience went mad after it aired.
>>
There has to be someone else who has seen this.
>>
Nobody else saw it?

Everyone's missing out.
>>
One of the greatest seasons of television I've seen, but it's not currently airing so expect much discussion
>>
yeah shit for sure bro i just ended it.
First episode was utter shit but fucking wow and that finale is just awesome.

The hotel episode is my favourite what a fucking master class piece
>>
>>64377949
I liked it as well although I wouldn't go as far as to call that place like an actual purgatory and not just Kevin's overheated brain going haywire.
>>
>>64378013
that's the representation of the purgatory by Kevin I think. Not so sure why an hotel, maybe because the lad never gets a moment for himself and he needs serious holiday time. Fav character by the way, He's so cynicall, dark, that combinaison of fun/sad/tragic is the thing I love the most in teevee
>>
>>64378217
Yeah that's what I took from it as well. Poor guy though, he can't catch a break for his semi-sins. The finale was great with him and John just breaking down and admitting they had no idea what was going on. Also choked up on the end scene like a bitch.

Also, am I going crazy or was this whole season filled with Jesus imagery hinting that Kevin is kind of like Jesus? From small pieces of symbolism to outright coming back from the dead and dying for others' sins.
>>
>>64378322
Yeah you may be right, but that would be one really dark Jesus. For sure the show makes a ton of links between the Bible and the events/characters. I was even wondering at some point if they were not the vanished. You know after all, they disappeared for all the others so why not. There's more and more magic so that could make sense.

Leaving, I hope someone else will catch up with you and your thread. Godspeed bro
>>
>>64377332

How many rupees did you get for this post?
>>
>>64378951
Oh it's that meme again! Oh you guys
>>
season 2 was honestly soooo good. cant wait for season 3, kinda hoping it will still include Kevin but if not that's okay because season 2 had a perfect ending imo.

:)
>>
>>64379353
why wouldnt it include kevin?
>>
>>64379353
I really have no idea where else they can take the story. But then again that's what I thought before season 2 and turned out to completely wrong.
>>
>>64377904
Is this show called "left overs"?

Never heard of it. What network is it on?
>>
this show is awful, dropped at ep 3
>>
>>64379387
there was an interview saying that season 3 would be completely different

also i can see the season 2 ending be a perfect conclusion to the garvey's journey.

although i love the characters so much i really trust they will make another great season with or without the garveys
>>
>>64379462
HBO
>>
>>64379512
I did too, right after ep 3 as well.

Then I got back and it's amazing once you realize that it's not about the departure but rather how people are trying to live with the mystery of never knowing why and where your loved ones disappeared.
>>
>>64379258

There's always one (1) Leftovers thread on /tv/ and it always has a really bland post from OP followed by a few posts of really banal praise. Or really banal "discussion".

It really strongly indicates social media/digital marketing ploy, probably carried out by an intern or Indian, hence the rupees comment.

Leftovers is shit, by the way.
>>
>>64380211
Or someone just saw it and decided to make a thread about it not thinking of anything specific.

Or of course 80% of /tv/ consists of marketers that market to each other and monitor threads so that there would be at least one thread about a specific product at all times.

Or you're just a paranoid retard due to lack of contact outside of /tv/.
>>
anyone got that what i expected/what i got pic for this show?
>>
>>64381672
what?
>>
Am I watching the wrong show? Four episodes into season 2 and it's still boring beyond belief. Plus, I can't stand Nora.
>>
>>64379949
yeah that's what makes it awful, it's a wannabee visualization of life after that event, it's poorly excecuted.
>>
one of the things i dont like about the show is how they reuse the same songs esp pixies 2bh
>>
>>64380260
>x am hawt
>i rly like de complete and total surface level intepretation of everyting i saw

If this is the only discussion a show is capable of getting, it's shit.
>>
>>64382084
I like how lindelof keeps expecting people to suspend disbelief where the core premise is realistic response to unrealistic situation.

also kevin is dead and the entire third season will be a protracted jacob's ladder knockoff, except jazzed up for the modern pseudo-intellectual hipster.
>>
They should really shift the focus from Kevin to Nora in S3. Nora didn't really have much of an arc in S2 and was underused.
>>
everyone is this show has really pretty eyes
>>
>>64382414
lindelof tried to do that in season 2 but HBO bitchslapped him, hard.
>>
>>64377332
I thought it was good, but season one had this impending/constant state of dread throughout the show, this season had a different vibe, like it went up and down quite a bit, much more violent then the first season
>>
I don't understand what people liked about Season 2.
Where did the depressing tone of Season 1 that we all loved go?
>>
>>64382750

Where'd you get this from?
>>
>>64377332
Hotel episode was GOAT.
>>
>>64382899
post-season 1 interviews had him talking about season 2 would be entirely new cast, then a little later hes all like "garveys are back." So he submitted a non-garvey season 2 script and HBO rejected it.
>>
>>64382168
The way they reuse it makes a story of its' own. It begins as just Kevin's soundtrack, ends with to completely different people, one of whom literally tried killing another, bonding together.

It's pretty great senpai
>>
>>64382774
>>64382814
It's true the ultra depressing tone was gone in this season. I mean it did resurface during that one episode where they showed Mapleton again. Then again, seeing Miracle get bitchslapped by reality was really satisfying.
>>
>>64379512
gets good in ep4 of S2 though
>>
>>64385534
It really doesn't. It just has eccleston doing his book of Job thing again.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.